What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Open the DLL in notepad, change a few character. Yes, you're are not safe if you don't know what your doing. It's another thing if the DLL in question isn't a shared one, then you can just go bonkers
Hold up men, i didn't say u nid to tweak DLL using notepad.
of course its not working.
just look on my previous post here and you'll know how and don't be pussy posting those words on me. :mad:
'well if u r too STUPID, then DO IT, just SIMPLY as that'

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I would really advise against changing any DLL because unless you really know what you're doing, you could fuck up your entire computer if you do it wrong.

Changing DLLs is a risky business no matter how easy it is for someone else, and it's not good advice to tell someone else to change theirs. Doing the same thing they did could cause a LOT of problems in your computer unless you know everything about that specific DLL and know what happens if you change it.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

On Windows application will attempt to load DLLs from it's working folder first. Only if it is not present there it will attempt to load it from system directories. If you want to modify a DLL and make sure this is for purpose of given application only, just copy it to app folder and modify there to the hearth's content.

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hold up men, i didn't say u nid to tweak DLL using notepad.
of course its not working.
just look on my previous post here and you'll know how and don't be pussy posting those words on me. :mad:
'well if u r too STUPID, then DO IT, just SIMPLY as that'
Well. it's kinda hard to not get pissy at you when you just wrote "oh, to much work, just tweak it". Tweaking means modifying something, and you did not mention anything but the dll itself, so yea. I might be pissy, or being justified pissy.

the only problem is you can't tweak it, if you don't know how.
You say that you shouldn't tweak it, but you dont tell how you did it. It's no wonder you'd get a similar reaction like mine. And are you going to force me to go through 114 pages of posts to find if you've posted it?

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well. it's kinda hard to not get pissy at you when you just wrote "oh, to much work, just tweak it". Tweaking means modifying something, and you did not mention anything but the dll itself, so yea. I might be pissy, or being justified pissy.
LIKE I SAID IF UR STUPID DON'T DO IT.
if i don't like too much work, 'disable this and enable afterward'. So yeah I don't like too much work <- is there something wrong about that?
okay if TWEAK word is not right. then, I only just replace dmsynth.dll win8 on dmsynth.dll win7 version.
coz that most problem that the maker mention is on that. so my own solution is REPLACE.
But still i'm not forcing u to use my method. STUPID!

You say that you shouldn't tweak it, but you dont tell how you did it. It's no wonder you'd get a similar reaction like mine. And are you going to force me to go through 114 pages of posts to find if you've posted it?
then don't mention that i didn't even said.
I didn't tweaked my dll using NOTEPAD.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=495487&postcount=1062 (I also doubting on messing dmsynth.dll that time.)
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=497727&postcount=1118 (I only mention here as an option not forcing.)
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=497728&postcount=1119 (this post is to know how to grant permission to access ur system files)
________
if ur pissy then don't implicate me.
i'm not here to make argue with u.
and plz don't ever change what i didn't even said
"oh, to much work, just tweak it"
Thats too much work DUDE.
I only tweak my dmsynth.dll and play HOTB without error on loading.
u only making urself STUPID.

Last edited:

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I would really advise against changing any DLL because unless you really know what you're doing, you could fuck up your entire computer if you do it wrong.

Changing DLLs is a risky business no matter how easy it is for someone else, and it's not good advice to tell someone else to change theirs. Doing the same thing they did could cause a LOT of problems in your computer unless you know everything about that specific DLL and know what happens if you change it.
Yep mostly DLLs can fuck up your entire computer if you do it wrong. Like some expert say that u always back-up ur File first before doing some risky.
well if u mess up dmsynth.dll, the consequence you get is that the entire games that running by directx will get errors.
but REPLACE it to older one is less risky.
win7 dmsynth.dll is much safer than other version

I'm not forcing some1 to use my methods.
still the reason why i telling this
coz its not that risky.
I'm only an average on computer
but still, i try and i run it smoothly.
______
If u like to debate some1! Plz not me.
I can argue anytime. but not in this thread.

Last edited:

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

the only problem is you can't tweak it, if you don't know how.
Well if have a problem on this. then i'll explain why.
even if u change it using notepad or replace is with the old version.
u can't replace it because it had admin access.
just to make sure ur system dlls is safe.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You need a break dude you started talking to yourself. XD

Mecha_Face

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whatever happened to that translation, by the way? Did it just peter out or are they still working on it?

SARD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whatever happened to that translation, by the way? Did it just peter out or are they still working on it?
I think the translator is taking a break from this game; the author posts so infrequently with emo-excusesses that I think everyone is wating for the "other shoe to fall", i.e. he's dropped this game to start-up another (the author's long-standing modus operandi).

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What the hell are you talking about? The translation is up to date.

What Inui does with hes game is however up to him.

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I noticed that too, Vinceras. As a coder myself, I can tell how hard it is to keep the same level of enthusiasm from start to finish, especially when you're dealing with something this huge in scope. Add to that that Inui seems to be adding new enemies (presumably rapists) and so far, a new area with newer releases - at least in my limited experience.

Inui's new versions aren't as frequent as people'd like, but it's like
Wessex said:
What Inui does with his game is up to him.
I can attest that the translation is indeed up to date.
So cram a sock in it, SARD, you do not speak for everyone.
SARD said:
emo-excusesses
What the fuck? Any time Wessex has said the translation will take some time, it's been legitimate. And it gets done when he's able to.

I really do hope Inui doesn't drop this. I'm enjoying it too much, short though it is at this early stage.

Last edited:

SARD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So cram a sock in it, SARD, you do not speak for everyone.
What the fuck? Any time Wessex has said the translation will take some time, it's been legitimate. And it gets done when he's able to.
I should of been more careful; I didn't mean Wessex was being "lazy" or emo (works harder on this than I ever could). It was a tounge-n-cheek poke at the japanese author who has at times put up on his blog that he lacks motivation continuing his game(s).

But yea, they're his games and can do whatever he wants with them.

irokez

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Bookmarked the previous page. So much Ryuko there.

Mecha_Face

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, people, he was talking about the creator of the GAME being emo, not the creator of the patch! Please don't jump down each other's throats like that.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm gonna say I wish he made it easier to access certain enemies again, once you get past them. Like the flightless fly or the two gangsters. There are save states in the game however via the F keys(which I had forgotten for a while), so I guess that helps a bit.

SARD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i... like it?

(I'm too lazy to find the Robocop response)

...but I due owe Wessex a formal apology.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd buy that for a dollar... fecking kids these days.

Anyway, can you all stop bitching and moaning at each other and making us think theres an actual update.

Status
Not open for further replies.