What's new

ADV [7th Dream] Pretty Warrior May Cry RJ086864

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacktheriper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: (7th Dream) Pretty Warrior May Cry (Read the *updated* First Post)

Hey thanks for the upload downloading now and plus rep after this message, one question tho i played the previous version and after beating it was kinda disappointed that i wasn't able to keep all the upgrade has that been changed?

malek169

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Run a malware scan of the game folder, guys.
Alright so I did and went a little in-depth and here's what I found.

Ran the file (the save.exe) file through VirusTotal

Which results in specifically 2 out of 43 virus scanners saying the save.exe contains Trojan.Win32.Qhost!IK and Qhost.

Per Encyclopedia entry for the first mentioned, Qhost!IK, this is supposed to modify the hosts file changing the local DNS scheme. I checked the hosts file to see if it was changing before, after and during saving and loading. It didn't. All values were the same.

Source:

Furthermore I ran TCPView during the whole process to see if the program made any attempts to connect to outside. It didn't.

My thoughts are this.

It's a flash file and typically flash files saving to a local folder on the PC outside of a clearly designated appdata folder usually is bad juju. Due to that, this is probably an override to that which is why the game specifically states to allow it if you happen to have a "local firewall" (aka UAC for Windows Vista/7+) so it can save the game and the unlocked gallery entries. Granted I find it odd that they used this method instead of another way of saving the gallery entries etc (much less, not the old method which I found more confusing with my limited knowledge of flash) but what do I know? I'm only a simple tailor.

Last edited:

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

Those two trojans were what I was referring to indeed.

I did not know what they were doing, nor really how best to research them. I figured I'd just make you guys aware that there was a reason for concern.

I personally dealt with them via malwarebytes, and the game still seems to work for me. Maybe it didn't save.

malek169

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Those two trojans were what I was referring to indeed.

I did not know what they were doing, nor really how best to research them. I figured I'd just make you guys aware that there was a reason for concern.

I personally dealt with them via malwarebytes, and the game still seems to work for me. Maybe it didn't save.
I used Malware bytes too just to confirm then ran it through VirusTotal. I always go to them whenever I find something suspect, usually a crack.

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanx,guys.
I got explain the save function first:
Adobe Flash doesn't provided a function to save files to user's disk. They only allow you to save some informations in your Cookie, which is exactly what we did in v1.x . But the problem is some software will empty your cookie daily or even more often, that's why you will lose all your record in v1.x

So we tried very hard to find out a way to make it works, so we thought about the clipboard, Flash provided a way to copy stuff into your clipboard, so that's what we do in v2.x:
1, Code and Copy the information we want to save into clipboard.
2, Call "save.exe"
3, "save.exe" will read the clipboard and decode it, then write a file in your "data" folder.

The whole process sounds really like a Trojan, but it's not. We don't have a better way to save files.

For the idea of being able to limit the monsters and souls in StoryEditor, sounds really good, We will work on it.

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanx,guys.
I got explain the save function first:
Adobe Flash doesn't provided a function to save files to user's disk. They only allow you to save some informations in your Cookie, which is exactly what we did in v1.x . But the problem is some software will empty your cookie daily or even more often, that's why you will lose all your record in v1.x

So we tried very hard to find out a way to make it works, so we thought about the clipboard, Flash provided a way to copy stuff into your clipboard, so that's what we do in v2.x:
1, Code and Copy the information we want to save into clipboard.
2, Call "save.exe"
3, "save.exe" will read the clipboard and decode it, then write a file in your "data" folder.

The whole process sounds really like a Trojan, but it's not. We don't have a better way to save files.

For the idea of being able to limit the monsters and souls in StoryEditor, sounds really good, We will work on it.
There is no internet access during the whole process, which make it impossible to be a Trojan. If you still worry about it, you can block internet access of every exe in the game folder. That won't effect the game play at all, except the update page and story share page. But you can still view those pages here:

If you still feel worryied, we can provide source code to you. In fact we developed a whole set of tools for this saving methed, thought it could be helpful for other developers, so it's ok for us to share the source code.

malek169

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is no internet access during the whole process, which make it impossible to be a Trojan. If you still worry about it, you can block internet access of every exe in the game folder. That won't effect the game play at all, except the update page and story share page. But you can still view those pages here.
So I was right.

And I did confirm everything they have said in my earlier post. No TCP / outbound traffic, and the very thing it was detected as "doing" it doesn't do at all.

It's clean.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm having some problems with playing my scenario created with the story editor. I did upgrade my game to version 2.1 and I do have the big "Version 2.1" in the corner flashing correctly.

1) I go to the story editor and select "Active This Story". I go to the game, I select "Play the activated story". All I get is a black screen with "Undefined" appearing instead of my selected images and dialogs.

2) If I click often enough (I assume once per dialog page), it will eventually load the battlefield I specified correctly. However, the last unit will not enter the battlefield (like version 2.0).

3) I placed an item on the map and it doesn't appear. Also, would it be possible to have multiple items on the same map so that the player can have access to all units without having to make 8 stages? Since it's not possible to save your game in user storyline mode, I want to keep my game relatively short at around 4-5 stages or so, but I'd also like the user to be able to use more than just a few unit types.

4) Is there a way to make some dialog AFTER the last stage for an ending? It's not a must though since I suppose I can just put an empty stage at the end so it's not that much a problem...

Also, there's the "Story Library" option. Can I make a rar file of my storyline (once finished) and e-mail it to the address mentionned there so that it can get added to the list so that everyone can play it? Also, there's 5 entries on that page. One I assume is story name, one is user name, one would be my e-mail, one is the ratings the people voted for, but what's the final one?

Edit: #1 magically fixed itself, I have no ideas how.
#2 only happens if you have 4 units: If you have 3 units or 5 units it works correctly. Only when I have 4 unit set does this problem happen (I changed my stage accordingly).
#3 is still a problem.

Last edited:

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having some problems with playing my scenario created with the story editor. I did upgrade my game to version 2.1 and I do have the big "Version 2.1" in the corner flashing correctly.

1) I go to the story editor and select "Active This Story". I go to the game, I select "Play the activated story". All I get is a black screen with "Undefined" appearing instead of my selected images and dialogs.

2) If I click often enough (I assume once per dialog page), it will eventually load the battlefield I specified correctly. However, the last unit will not enter the battlefield (like version 2.0).

3) I placed an item on the map and it doesn't appear. Also, would it be possible to have multiple items on the same map so that the player can have access to all units without having to make 8 stages? Since it's not possible to save your game in user storyline mode, I want to keep my game relatively short at around 4-5 stages or so, but I'd also like the user to be able to use more than just a few unit types.

4) Is there a way to make some dialog AFTER the last stage for an ending? It's not a must though since I suppose I can just put an empty stage at the end so it's not that much a problem...

Also, there's the "Story Library" option. Can I make a rar file of my storyline (once finished) and e-mail it to the address mentionned there so that it can get added to the list so that everyone can play it? Also, there's 5 entries on that page. One I assume is story name, one is user name, one would be my e-mail, one is the ratings the people voted for, but what's the final one?

Edit: #1 magically fixed itself, I have no ideas how.
#2 only happens if you have 4 units: If you have 3 units or 5 units it works correctly. Only when I have 4 unit set does this problem happen (I changed my stage accordingly).
#3 is still a problem.
Could you please pack your story files and send to [email protected] ? so we can check what happened and fix it. Thanx!
Yes you are right, you can send it to that e-mail address, so people can download and play your story there. The final one is how many chapters your story has.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Could you please pack your story files and send to [email protected] ? so we can check what happened and fix it. Thanx!
Yes you are right, you can send it to that e-mail address, so people can download and play your story there. The final one is how many chapters your story has.
Will do! I'm nearly done with the story though: I have the text-images from the final chapter to do, double-check for typos and set the musics throughout. I expect to do be done around thursday or friday and I'll send it to you afterward for the item bugs.

I'm extremely happy with the story! I "worsened" it a bit due to the intended audience, but I'm still pretty happy with the general theme, progression and especially the ending. Of course, don't expect a masterpiece or something that will blow your mind considering the ton of limitations (especially on the gameplay side of things) but I think the result is pretty swell!

Sifer2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So is it going to be possible for an update to let users change the filter back to the old one from the first version? Or are the animations pre-recorded so there is no way? Shame you have choose between either playing the better version with story creator an more scenes. Or stick to the old one for the better visual style.

malek169

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So is it going to be possible for an update to let users change the filter back to the old one from the first version? Or are the animations pre-recorded so there is no way? Shame you have choose between either playing the better version with story creator an more scenes. Or stick to the old one for the better visual style.
It's been said before (twice) that the animations are pre-recorded. There is no actual 3d rendering done and if it was, it would choke Flash. You'll have to stick to the old ones and forgo the new animations and the "new animations."

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Will do! I'm nearly done with the story though: I have the text-images from the final chapter to do, double-check for typos and set the musics throughout. I expect to do be done around thursday or friday and I'll send it to you afterward for the item bugs.

I'm extremely happy with the story! I "worsened" it a bit due to the intended audience, but I'm still pretty happy with the general theme, progression and especially the ending. Of course, don't expect a masterpiece or something that will blow your mind considering the ton of limitations (especially on the gameplay side of things) but I think the result is pretty swell!
have you found a way to make dialouge without having to reload a whole new music track or reload the images entirely...much like in the actual story?

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Storyline completed! :)

The storyline has been added to the in-game Story Library so you can download/activate the story directly from there.

BUGS:
1- The battlefield music does not load correctly: It uses the default music instead of the music I assigned. That sucks considering there's a few awesome tracks available...

2- The items that appear on the battlefield are NOT the correct items. For example, if you check the first battle in the storyline editor, the item placed is the Hellhound summon item. When playing, it loads the small tentacle item instead. This applies throughout the entire game so you don't have access to the items I wanted to offer... Sorry.

NOTES:
1- Since you have infinite souls and thus max-powered units, it's impossible to design challenging or balanced stages... I did the best I could with what I have, but it's still insanely easy, although you have to be fast on stage 2 and 4).

2- The storyline is 4 chapters long plus one ending chapter (The ending battle is there due to being forced by the editor; it's not an actual battle). Each chapter have between 20-30 pages of discussion. It's a bit long, and I'm sorry about that, but it's hard to write a decent storyline in less than 120 lines. The opening might be a bit slow for some but chapter 2 warrants the wait in my opinion.

3- It's impossible to edit the after-battle speech from the Devil Lord, so please just ignore it.

4- I will make a new version if the bugs are fixed and some of the suggestions we gave in the last few pages are implemented.

5- Game version 2.1 required!

Comments welcome! Please enjoy!

Coy47: For the music, if you use "None" when music is already playing, it will keep going as it should without restarting. Be warned that the Music selection is one page late though: So if you want to have a new song playing on page 15, you actually have to set it on page 14 instead (and then all following pages should use None). I haven't found a way to prevent the "reload images" each time, though.

Last edited:

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Storyline completed! :)

The storyline has been added to the in-game Story Library so you can download/activate the story directly from there.

BUGS:
1- The battlefield music does not load correctly: It uses the default music instead of the music I assigned. That sucks considering there's a few awesome tracks available...

2- The items that appear on the battlefield are NOT the correct items. For example, if you check the first battle in the storyline editor, the item placed is the Hellhound summon item. When playing, it loads the small tentacle item instead. This applies throughout the entire game so you don't have access to the items I wanted to offer... Sorry.

NOTES:
1- Since you have infinite souls and thus max-powered units, it's impossible to design challenging or balanced stages... I did the best I could with what I have, but it's still insanely easy, although you have to be fast on stage 2 and 4).

2- The storyline is 4 chapters long plus one ending chapter (The ending battle is there due to being forced by the editor; it's not an actual battle). Each chapter have between 20-30 pages of discussion. It's a bit long, and I'm sorry about that, but it's hard to write a decent storyline in less than 120 lines. The opening might be a bit slow for some but chapter 2 warrants the wait in my opinion.

3- It's impossible to edit the after-battle speech from the Devil Lord, so please just ignore it.

4- I will make a new version if the bugs are fixed and some of the suggestions we gave in the last few pages are implemented.

5- Game version 2.1 required!

Comments welcome! Please enjoy!

Coy47: For the music, if you use "None" when music is already playing, it will keep going as it should without restarting. Be warned that the Music selection is one page late though: So if you want to have a new song playing on page 15, you actually have to set it on page 14 instead (and then all following pages should use None). I haven't found a way to prevent the "reload images" each time, though.
ah I see thanks for the top but I will make a story when they at least TRY to make it challenging for the player instead of leaving you stuck with infinite souls, unmatching items and most annoyingly the inability to save!

Lerianis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I hate to ask this, but could someone post a complete save data for the 2.1 version of the game? I've played the game through to the end, but some of the scenes are fucking hard to get.

Sifer2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's been said before (twice) that the animations are pre-recorded. There is no actual 3d rendering done and if it was, it would choke Flash. You'll have to stick to the old ones and forgo the new animations and the "new animations."

Unless they could run the new scenes through the old filter then post them as a download. But that would be over 700mb, and might be harder or more time consuming than it sounds I dunno.

Now with full gallery unlocked on both though an comparing the two they sure did ruin it. The new cum looks like milk splashing everywhere. The Orcs are neon green. And the little details like how it almost looked like sweat on the girls with the lighting is lost with this more toonish blurry filter. Did someone actually request them to remake the game like that?

wintermute

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

7th Dream,

I'm really sorry to hear you guys are shutting your doors, you produce some great content. I can understand why, though. Most folks don't know how much effort it takes to do high quality modeling, animation, and rendering, but having dabbled with that sort of thing myself, I understand.

I realize a lot of westerners do pirate your stuff, but I just want to say that some westerners - like me - actually buy from the Japanese DLSite most of the time. I've bought several of your products - including this one and the last one - and I usually do buy from the Japanese site because it usually comes out first there. So, please don't take the English site sales as the sole indicator of how many westerners have bought it.

And finally, I wouldn't let the comments on this board bother you too much. This board has a somewhat negative vibe, and many people on here like to complain a lot. I think one reason you have so much complaining here is because most folks here never buy anything, so when they bought your first game they had some unrealistic expectations about how much they would get. I think they expected lots of free updates with new content, without understanding how much work it takes to produce it. So a lot of them were mad. I am not, and I don't think most of the folks who actually purchase hentai regularly are. Ignore the haters! They aren't your customers, anyway.

The only thing I personally would have changed is the toon shaders, I personally liked the ones from the first game better. I hope you keep on producing, but if not I understand; it's just not profitable.

heeroofyou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

guys, PWMC 1.3 save file is in flash folder, but where is it PWMC 2.2 save file? i can't find it anywhere?, please advice... thx alot

Zenzou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

guys, PWMC 1.3 save file is in flash folder, but where is it PWMC 2.2 save file? i can't find it anywhere?, please advice... thx alot
The save file should be under [root]\data\user. The file should be dataX.dat; where X is the save number you used.

Status
Not open for further replies.