RPG RPG Maker Village of Nightmare

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Village of Nightmare

From what I've been hearing, you have to do it all independently? That blows.

Instead of just doing specific question and answer, since a lot is trial and error, anyone think they got a basic enough concept of what to do to post a walkthrough

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

so how do you get past that chick that runs around at night and kills you:confused:

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

go to metalica to get the shield then go to the priest for the blessing on the shield, afterwards go outside and find the crazy girl.
is that the blacksmith if so she doesnt give me anything also whenever I talk to the priest I get a happy end followed by a gameover

Bloodcookie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

err you are talking about which one the first slash girl or second

Ferdl82

Reputation score

Can somebody help I'm by 90% and behind the guard but there are 6 switches or something like this.

Give it an order to activate them or something else?

Sorry for my bad english.

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@Ferdl82: To activate (or more appropriately destroyed these switches), you need to talk to the Blacksmith. She'll direct you to look for shards so that a sword can be forged to destroy these switches.

@ToxicShock: It might be possible to do a general outline as to what to do for the game. Most of the events seemed tied directly to the corruption level of the town.

@chriseras: Can I confirm whether the white-haired guy in the church can only be corrupted in the endgame? And have you found a way to open the door for the house directly south of the church?

Last edited:

Bloodcookie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

first I guess I am at 45% corruption if that helps
if it's the swordwomen who spins around randomly, you need to go talk to the blacksmith (your walking speed will be reduce when you get the shield) then afterwards talk to the old priest.After you finish this two sequence then confront the swordwomen

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@chriseras: Can I confirm whether the white-haired guy in the church can only be corrupted in the endgame? And have you found a way to open the door for the house directly south of the church?
Pretty much. (White haired guy that plays the Organ/Piano.)

I need help for the end game..

Warning Spoiler, read at own risk.

Currently, every time I attempt the end game, I can't get any of the first part right.. (If the negative numbers mean anything.) While the second part of it is just a tag race, its pretty simple. The last part of it is luck since its rock paper scissors. It games me the ending where my character turns back to a guy and journeys with the green hair man to fight the first succubus that transform the player.. And it ends on a happy end but gives me a Game Over.. Any clue on how to get the true ending?

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@Diagasvesle:

To get the true ending, I think you need to earn beyond a certain number of points for all 3 parts.

For the first one, I understand that if you answer all 4 questions correctly, you'll have access to a 5th question. Problem is, I have yet to discern all the correct answers.

The 3rd part can get frustrating due to the luck-based nature of it.

EDIT:To get everything correct, answer as follows: A, D, C, D, A.

Actually, it might be easier to tackle this on a case-by-case basis. Here's a rough guide below:

1) Inn Keeper

Easy. Walk to the inn, talk to her and she'll be well on her way to corruption. She'll be key to getting several events started and acts as your save point. So talk to her regularly. Should be fully corrupted by the ~30% region. The crystal to the southwest of her controls your speed from normal to fast to very fast.

2) Blacksmith

Keep talking to her every day in the morning until a scene occurs where you walked out, get naked and walked back in. After that, the rest should be simple.

3) Bartender

Talk to her in the morning and you should eventually end up serving drinks with her. I believe that she can be fully corrupted starting from the ~12% region. Just keep checking in, should occur soon enough.

4) The Travelling Merchants (Couples outside the Church)

Talk to the innkeeper for them to appear outside the church. Talk to them and they'll move to the inn at night. During the first night time they moved in, talk to them on the table to the north of the innkeeper. Go to the washroom at end of the inn to initiate a scene with the brother. Afterwards, talk to them in the morning and the brother should ask you to fetch something from the forest.

Exit to the south of the town and head towards the centre. There should be a save crystal near a tree. Interact with the tree to get the item and be prepare
to run like hell. Get touched by a squirrel and you start at the way at the inn. This might take a few tries. After that, return the stuff to them and afterwards, keep checking the washroom until the brother appears in the middle room of the inn. Talk to him and the rest should be fairly straightforward.

Fun Fact: They will eventually be found at the back of the item keeper's shop, running a brothel once the item keeper's and his wife is corrupted. There is a scene that can be initiated once you have a high enough corruption rating.

5) Dancer

After the bartender is corrupted, talk to the dancer and it should initiate a scene. Straightforward.

6) Bar Patron #1 (Blonde-Haired Girl)

After the bartender is corrupted, talk to the bartender at night and interact with the door. You should be serving another rounds of drinks. Afterwards, talk to bar patron and she should be in the middle room in the inn. Talk to her to initiate a scene. Done.

Note: At around 35% corruption, after you corrupt the innkeeper, she'll inform you of a swordswoman and a sorceress arriving. You can find them at the blacksmith. Proceed through the scene. This trigger is key, it seems, to trigger a lot of the corruption events.

7) Nun #1 (Black-Haired Nun)

After a certain corruption level is reached (~35%?), you'll see her talking with 2 guys outside the church, talk to them and she can then be found at the bar at night. Keep visiting her at the bar at night and at the church. Eventually, you'll have a scene where she ended up getting it on with a mustached guy. After that, on the next morning, go into the house near the North Guard and you'll find her there. Talk to her and it will initiate a scene where she will be corrupted, along with the 2 guys she gets it on with.

8) Bar Patron #2 / Novelist's Sister (Pink-Haired Girl)

After seemingly triggering the swordswoman scene at the blacksmith, talk to her at the bar at night. Next morning, you'll find her with the couples. Afterwards, talk to her a couple of times at the bar and she'll eventually be in the middle room at the inn. Talk to her and she should be corrupted.

9) Swordswoman #1

After triggering the scene, at night, you'll find her with the magician at the hot spring under the inn. A scene will occur whereby she'll be go outside. Talk to her outside. After that, she'll be roaming around the town. At this point, go to the blacksmith and acquire the shield. It will slow your speed down. Immediately go and talk to the priest at the church, taking care not to get assaulted by her. After talking to the priest, talk to the swordswoman and she should go down.

Once you have corrupted sufficiently enough, the innkeeper will inform you that the hot spring is ready to be corrupted. Talk to everyone at the hot spring and the hot spring will turn purple. The rest will just be cutscenes after cutscenes and both her and the magician will be corrupted.

10) Swordswoman #2

You'll eventually find her standing under the tree south of the Blacksmith. Talk to her and she'll enter the Blacksmith's house. Check the house to initiate a scene. Now she'll be roaming around the town. Next morning, just go to the Blacksmith again and initiate another scene. This time around, at night, she should not attack you.

Fun Fact: At (what appears to be) 90 - 95% corruption rating, you can visit the blacksmith at night to initiate a scene where she'll dress up swordswoman #2. She'll now be also found (but with the costume) in the bar at night, though there's nothing to it other than dialogue.

11) Nun #2 (Reddish-haired Nun)

To begin with, talk to her in the morning and check on her (She's sleeping near the entrance to the bedroom) at night at the church. Eventually, she'll say something about loving the priest. Afterwards, talk to her in the morning and she should be found in the middle room of the inn. Talk to her. Afterwards, go to the church in the morning, talk to her there and then the priest and both of them should see the light.

12) Item Shop Keeper

After the bar has been corrupted and presumably after the swordswoman's scene has been triggered, talk to him at the bar. Afterwards, go to the item shop and talk to the wife and she should move towards him. Afterwards, at night, go to the bar and talk to him again. The wife will show up, initiate a scene and she along with the item shop keeper will be corrupted.

13) Southern Guard

After the entire bar (including the item shop keeper) has been corrupted, talk to the guard outside. Initiate scene and corruption ensues. Simple.

14) The 4 Kids

This one should be straightforward. Once a high enough corruption level is reached, talk to the couple in front of the church. You should only see the brother. The sister is off corrupting the kids for you. Afterwards, go to the house behind the inn and check on them. Eventually all 4 will be corrupted as well.

Sidenote: The house seems inaccessible after you corrupt the 4 kids, something about how the main character is jealous about them getting it on in the morning? If anyone can tell me more, I will be grateful.

15) Novelist

Straightforward. By now, you should have the novelist's sister corrupted. Enter the house north of the bar. A scene will initiate and the novelist will soon be writing a completely different story, along with the newly arrived assistant.

Note:At this point, you should have the corruption rating at 90%. Talk to the green-haired dude walking at the center of town. Afterwards, talk to the blacksmith. It should trigger an eventual cutscene with a fight with a dragon.

16) The Guard Captain

This is pretty much close to the end. After you got 90%, the Northern guard should be out of the way. Talk to the old guy at the northern part of the town and inspect the statue-like objects and it should ask whether you want to destroy them. First time around, you can't, so go to the blacksmith and she'll ask you to find the shards. The shards only appear at night around town (but not pass the Northern Guard). Do so and you'll be able to break them all. Also, only doable at night. Afterwards, enter the soldier barracks left of the purple save crystal.

After the scene, you should find the old guy standing next to the purple save crystal. Talk to the guy and navigate through the minefield of a room. Take care not to get caught by the guards (Don't worry about them looking at you) and not to step on the darker part of the floor. Reach the old guy at the end and it should net you 5%.

17) End Game

After this, in the morning, you'll find the newly corrupted guard and the swordswoman and the magician there. This signals the end game where you'll corrupt the remaining portion of the town. Go through the long scene and you'll be offer a chance to save one last time (Pick the upper option to save) to face off against the exorcist (The green-haired dude).

The first part is a Q&A. The answers are A, D, C, D, A. The second part is tag. Should be easy, just don't let him reach the end. The final part is Rock, Paper, Scissors. Not much for it other than luck. If you win at least 2 out of 3, I think, then you should get the true end.

That's all for me. If anyone can decipher what the 2 dudes after the end says, I would be grateful. Again, I'm unsure about whether the end game constitute the last 5% or not but I'm assuming it is.

EDIT: All done. Anything that isn't clear or I left out, feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Bloodcookie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is there a follow up story for this game, because at the ending where there is two NPC one of them talk about (Jkank「その名も 『~メアさんのネアカ村侵略大作戦!~』!」) from translation is like a follow up game for village of nightmare. I do appreciate it if anyone can link me to that website Thanks

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

is there a follow up story for this game, because at the ending where there is two NPC one of them talk about (Jkank「その名も 『~メアさんのネアカ村侵略大作戦!~』!」) from translation is like a follow up game for village of nightmare. I do appreciate it if anyone can link me to that website Thanks
I guess this might be what it is referring to?

BTW, there's a new patch up but I have no idea what was fixed in it.

Bloodcookie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

maybe but is the web link you and @chriseras send is the one creating village of nightmare ?

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I would assume so.

Bloodcookie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you, by the way the patch itself did fix but also insert 3 image and 2 picture is for true end part

Eldanesh69

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So finished the game 95% as well but I still havnt figured out how to open the one house in the bottom left corner of the village. The one with the door that disappears at night...any ideas?

OP
chriseras

chriseras

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So finished the game 95% as well but I still havnt figured out how to open the one house in the bottom left corner of the village. The one with the door that disappears at night...any ideas?
The two houses on the bottom left corner of the village cannot be entered when I did my playthrough.
Another happy ending is where if you talk to the uncorrupted priest too many times, you'll turn into a nun (a succubus nun!) and receive a happy end.
A tip for those who have trouble on the tag game.
On the left side of the map, run all the way to the left side of the map, go up straight and go through the ruins diagonally. If you follow the path there, you'll lose time. Once you pass the speed up point, you'll see two paths, one with pillars and one with the exorcist's familiars. Take the one with the pillars and you should get to him before he even gets to the last running stretch.

Last edited:

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I cant seem to download the patch thing, I dont know, the link leads to somewhere, but I cant find wich thing to click to download the 1.5 patch, do I realy need it for this game, cause wel I tried it once and got stuck, just read the guide though, might be I did some stuff wrong...

Also I got that nuns end once myself, with talking to that gramps priest to many times... I think about 6 or 7 times would make you get this end..

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@soulles: At this , click on the link for 1.04 and 1.05 and you should find a text field for you to enter the password. The password is the same as the one use to download the game, akuoti and it should turn into a button you can click to download the patches.

As far as I can make out, 1.05 adds some CGs to the ending but when I got to the end, none of the CG is used. I'm not sure what else was fixed or what else triggers the CGs. Will be nice if anyone can shed some light on it.

1.04 seems to fix some critical issues with events not triggering and whatnot.

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

@Diagasvesle:

To get the true ending, I think you need to earn beyond a certain number of points for all 3 parts.

For the first one, I understand that if you answer all 4 questions correctly, you'll have access to a 5th question. Problem is, I have yet to discern all the correct answers.

The 3rd part can get frustrating due to the luck-based nature of it.

EDIT:To get everything correct, answer as follows: A, D, C, D, A.

Actually, it might be easier to tackle this on a case-by-case basis. Here's a rough guide below:

1) Inn Keeper

Easy. Walk to the inn, talk to her and she'll be well on her way to corruption. She'll be key to getting several events started and acts as your save point. So talk to her regularly. Should be fully corrupted by the ~30% region. The crystal to the southwest of her controls your speed from normal to fast to very fast.

2) Blacksmith

Keep talking to her every day in the morning until a scene occurs where you walked out, get naked and walked back in. After that, the rest should be simple.

3) Bartender

Talk to her in the morning and you should eventually end up serving drinks with her. I believe that she can be fully corrupted starting from the ~12% region. Just keep checking in, should occur soon enough.

4) The Travelling Merchants (Couples outside the Church)

Talk to the innkeeper for them to appear outside the church. Talk to them and they'll move to the inn at night. During the first night time they moved in, talk to them on the table to the north of the innkeeper. Go to the washroom at end of the inn to initiate a scene with the brother. Afterwards, talk to them in the morning and the brother should ask you to fetch something from the forest.

Exit to the south of the town and head towards the centre. There should be a save crystal near a tree. Interact with the tree to get the item and be prepare
to run like hell. Get touched by a squirrel and you start at the way at the inn. This might take a few tries. After that, return the stuff to them and afterwards, keep checking the washroom until the brother appears in the middle room of the inn. Talk to him and the rest should be fairly straightforward.

Fun Fact: They will eventually be found at the back of the item keeper's shop, running a brothel once the item keeper's and his wife is corrupted. There is a scene that can be initiated once you have a high enough corruption rating.

5) Dancer

After the bartender is corrupted, talk to the dancer and it should initiate a scene. Straightforward.

6) Bar Patron #1 (Blonde-Haired Girl)

After the bartender is corrupted, talk to her and then afterwards, go to the middle room in the inn and talk to her to initiate a scene. Done.

Note: At around 35% corruption, after you corrupt the innkeeper, she'll inform you of a swordswoman and a sorceress arriving. You can find them at the blacksmith. Proceed through the scene. This trigger is key, it seems, to trigger a lot of the corruption events.

7) Nun #1 (Black-Haired Nun)

After a certain corruption level is reached (~35%?), you'll see her talking with 2 guys outside the church, talk to them and she can then be found at the bar at night. Keep visiting her at the bar at night and at the church. Eventually, you'll have a scene where she ended up getting it on with a mustached guy. After that, on the next morning, go into the house near the North Guard and you'll find her there. Talk to her and it will initiate a scene where she will be corrupted, along with the 2 guys she gets it on with.

8) Bar Patron #2 / Novelist's Sister (Pink-Haired Girl)

After seemingly triggering the swordswoman scene at the blacksmith, talk to her at the bar at night. Next morning, you'll find her with the couples. Afterwards, talk to her a couple of times at the bar and she'll eventually be in the middle room at the inn. Talk to her and she should be corrupted.

9) Swordswoman #1

After triggering the scene, at night, you'll find her with the magician at the hot spring under the inn. A scene will occur whereby she'll be go outside. Talk to her outside. After that, she'll be roaming around the town. At this point, go to the blacksmith and acquire the shield. It will slow your speed down. Immediately go and talk to the priest at the church, taking care not to get assaulted by her. After talking to the priest, talk to the swordswoman and she should go down.

Once you have corrupted sufficiently enough, the innkeeper will inform you that the hot spring is ready to be corrupted. Talk to everyone at the hot spring and the hot spring will turn purple. The rest will just be cutscenes after cutscenes and both her and the magician will be corrupted.

10) Swordswoman #2

You'll eventually find her standing under the tree south of the Blacksmith. Talk to her and she'll enter the Blacksmith's house. Check the house to initiate a scene. Now she'll be roaming around the town. Next morning, just go to the Blacksmith again and initiate another scene. This time around, at night, she should not attack you.

Fun Fact: At (what appears to be) 90 - 95% corruption rating, you can visit the blacksmith at night to initiate a scene where she'll dress up swordswoman #2. She'll now be also found (but with the costume) in the bar at night, though there's nothing to it other than dialogue.

11) Nun #2 (Reddish-haired Nun)

To begin with, talk to her in the morning and check on her (She's sleeping near the entrance to the bedroom) at night at the church. Eventually, she'll say something about loving the priest. Afterwards, talk to her in the morning and she should be found in the middle room of the inn. Talk to her. Afterwards, go to the church in the morning, talk to her there and then the priest and both of them should see the light.

12) Item Shop Keeper

After the bar has been corrupted and presumably after the swordswoman's scene has been triggered, talk to him at the bar. Afterwards, go to the item shop and talk to the wife and she should move towards him. Afterwards, at night, go to the bar and talk to him again. The wife will show up, initiate a scene and she along with the item shop keeper will be corrupted.

13) Southern Guard

After the entire bar (including the item shop keeper) has been corrupted, talk to the guard outside. Initiate scene and corruption ensues. Simple.

14) The 4 Kids

This one should be straightforward. Once a high enough corruption level is reached, talk to the couple in front of the church. You should only see the brother. The sister is off corrupting the kids for you. Afterwards, go to the house behind the inn and check on them. Eventually all 4 will be corrupted as well.

Sidenote: The house seems inaccessible after you corrupt the 4 kids, something about how the main character is jealous about them getting it on in the morning? If anyone can tell me more, I will be grateful.

15) Novelist

Straightforward. By now, you should have the novelist's sister corrupted. Enter the house north of the bar. A scene will initiate and the novelist will soon be writing a completely different story, along with the newly arrived assistant.

Note:At this point, you should have the corruption rating at 90%. Talk to the green-haired dude walking at the center of town. Afterwards, talk to the blacksmith. It should trigger an eventual cutscene with a fight with a dragon.

16) The Guard Captain

This is pretty much close to the end. After you got 90%, the Northern guard should be out of the way. Talk to the old guy at the northern part of the town and inspect the statue-like objects and it should ask whether you want to destroy them. First time around, you can't, so go to the blacksmith and she'll ask you to find the shards. Do so and you'll be able to break them all. Only doable at night. Afterwards, enter the soldier barracks left of the purple save crystal.

After the scene, you should find the old guy standing next to the purple save crystal. Talk to the guy and navigate through the minefield of a room. Take care not to get caught by the guards (Don't worry about them looking at you) and not to step on the darker part of the floor. Reach the old guy at the end and it should net you 5%.

17) End Game

After this, in the morning, you'll find the newly corrupted guard and the swordswoman and the magician there. This signals the end game where you'll corrupt the remaining portion of the town. Go through the long scene and you'll be offer a chance to save one last time (Pick the upper option to save) to face off against the exorcist (The green-haired dude).

The first part is a Q&A. The answers are A, D, C, D, A. The second part is tag. Should be easy, just don't let him reach the end. The final part is Rock, Paper, Scissors. Not much for it other than luck. If you win at least 2 out of 3, I think, then you should get the true end.

That's all for me. If anyone can decipher what the 2 dudes after the end says, I would be grateful. Again, I'm unsure about whether the end game constitute the last 5% or not but I'm assuming it is.

EDIT: All done. Anything that isn't clear or I left out. Feel free to correct me.
yay for guide, thank you sir.

Edit, been trying to get the blond-haired girl corrupted, got the dancer corrupted but it won't let me do the blond-haired girl.

Last edited: