What's new

SIM [ cmacleod42] Slavemaker Revised Now up to 3.2.06 2/18/12

Reputation score
Re: Slavemaker Revised Now up to 2x14

this game has a lot of potential...

it'd be awesome if you could visit the tentacle lair on the map, and if you could spend more time in there before the damn guards came and rescued you and your slave when the tentacles capture you.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Thee and me might enjoy the game being filled with tentacles... however, that's not what the game is about.

The game is about creating slaves out of "raw" girls - some voluntarily bonded, others captured and sold. The presence of tentacles is secondary to those objectives, as an obstacle to that goal (the more submissive the girls are, the better the tentacle monsters might like them and go for them).

So I don't see you ever being able to visit the tentacle lair. I do see the number of days before the Guard rescues you being randomized (if you rescued anybody, it's zero because your assistant fetches them; otherwise, it could be anywhere from zero up to, say, three), but I don't see any real change in the dialog. All we'd see is "sometime later, you realize somebody's removing the tentacles from you" and then "you find out it's been X days since the tentacles overwhelmed you".

Similarly, "accepting love" is a penalty as you aren't supposed to become emotionally attached to your products. You aren't moulding a girlfriend, you're preparing a slave.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I guess my main problem is that I tend to be unsatisfied with various aspects of the game (love lowers your score by 20 points? Tentacles on 'often' still don't come up often enough?) and then use 1337 skills to change them, which involves some time commitment on my part aside from the actual playing. And then I lose most of that when even a minor new version comes out.
love lowers your score by 20 points?
It actually makes more sense to have this in the game. You are training slaves for other people not for your self. Making the slave love you is like being a dog trainer who trains a dog only to love him and not the dog's owner. It's actually counter productive. Of course you should lose points.

Tentacles on 'often' still don't come up often enough?
First suggestion: don't play on easy, tentacles are disabled on easy.
Second: Tentacles have (by my guess) been redone to have the fixed encounters as opposed to random encounters. This means that you have a 1 in 10 chance of only encountering tentacles at either the port the forest or the slums on a given day or a 50% chance for them to be the only encounter at one of those locations on the full moon. I don't believe they can be randomly encountered any more.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

love lowers your score by 20 points?
It actually makes more sense to have this in the game. You are training slaves for other people not for your self. Making the slave love you is like being a dog trainer who trains a dog only to love him and not the dog's owner. It's actually counter productive. Of course you should lose points.
True, but the act of accepting it takes away *20* points? It just seems excessive.

Tentacles on 'often' still don't come up often enough?
First suggestion: don't play on easy, tentacles are disabled on easy.
Second: Tentacles have (by my guess) been redone to have the fixed encounters as opposed to random encounters. This means that you have a 1 in 10 chance of only encountering tentacles at either the port the forest or the slums on a given day or a 50% chance for them to be the only encounter at one of those locations on the full moon. I don't believe they can be randomly encountered any more.
There are three ways to encounter tentacles. First there's the "TentacleHarem" event that has a chance of happening each night where your slave has "RuleGoOut" enabled, and it's within a few days of the new moon, and nothing else happened first, and a maximum of twice (on 'often', otherwise I think only once).

Next up is the "TentacleHaunt" where one zone of slums, docks, forest, and ruins (only if you can go to the ruins) has a 100% chance of encountering a tentacle monster. A coin flip determines if your assistant gets caught as well, and after they're "done" they're released. There are two probabilities for these (given in the options menu) for the days right around the new moon and the rest of the time.

Finally, you *can* in fact still run into tentacles in the slums, you get the same encounter as the "TentacleHaunt" for the slums.

The only problem (if there is one) is that you can't save-scum these, not easily. The "abduction" event is pretty freaking rare even on the new moon, if you fulfill the requirements for other events as well, and the TentacleHaunt variable is set at the very start of the day - you can't save just before it's set.

The only real changes I made to the frequency were to have the "abduction" event have priority over everything but giving birth and the end of the game, and to have a chance of "re-rolling" the tentacle haunt event when you visit the seer.

sureaboutthis

Lurker
Reputation score

someone in /d/ made a wiki, it's pretty empty now but it has potential

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I've encountered the tentacle abduction during just about every time period. Even during the full moon. Also, if you care about score, then why are you accepting your slave's love anyway?

Kamiko

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Slavemaker Revised Now up to 2x13

that first link doesn't have any executable in it :(
The executable is just Slavemaker2.swf bundled with flash player - an extra 30 megs for nothing. Just play Slavemaker2.swf. I was wondering why the author bothered including it at all, but, I guess that's why..
2.) A more "full" campaign mode, where your SM stats mean something,
Your SM stats effect 'combat'. But yeah, that's basically all right now.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

And then I lose most of that when even a minor new version comes out.
No you don't. Just replace all the old files with the new ones. Your saves and 'your' (the campaign master's) stats will be intact.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I was wondering why the author bothered including it at all, but, I guess that's why..Your SM stats effect 'combat'. But yeah, that's basically all right now.
I tend to prefer executables over .swfs personally.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I tend to prefer executables over .swfs personally.
o_O why? they can't really be compared to one another, as one is written in Microsoft's .NET framework, the other is written in Adobe's ActionScript. Two completely different languages. The filetype is negligible. Are you saying you prefer programs written in the .NET framework? Because if you're not referring to the fact that they're written in different languages, there's really not much of a difference, other than the highly increased likelihood of having a buried virus in a .exe.

Please explain =)

Reputation score

o_O why? they can't really be compared to one another, as one is written in Microsoft's .NET framework, the other is written in Adobe's ActionScript. Two completely different languages. The filetype is negligible. Are you saying you prefer programs written in the .NET framework? Because if you're not referring to the fact that they're written in different languages, there's really not much of a difference, other than the highly increased likelihood of having a buried virus in a .exe.

Please explain =)
i've opened up plenty of .swf's that have had a way of fucking up my browser even after i've closed the swf file. unexplained crashes, buggy behavior, general slowness, and it doesn't stop when i close and re-open the browser. generally takes a re-install, and no it's not because of active X or BHO's embedded in there - sex swf's have a way of screwing with registry entries and changing libraries. don't ask me why, but opening them directly into their own window/tab without an html sheet that invokes them causes browsers to barf and die. has happened with both firefox and IE, and i don't dare try it on chrome considering the security loopholes. my virus detection program is pretty thorough and has caught plenty of viruses in .exe's, including .swf launchers, so i'm not that worried - and i prefer to be able to run the .swf's in a completely separate platform like an exe that won't infect my browser's stability.

Sairu

Lurker
Reputation score

I was surprised when I saw that .swf's were opened using the web browser. I have a stand alone flash player that I have been using to open .swf's. It's a standalone flash player by macromedia called SAFlashPlayer.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah no idea why you're playing flash based games on a web browser. Adobe actually has officially released "Adobe Flash Player" that will play flash games with no browser necessary... I never, ever play flash games in a browser and I never downloaded a third-party app either.

But when I did play flash games in browsers, I never had any of those issues.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

,,, do you surf Newgrounds? Or any other Flash-collection website?

Do you go through the bother of saving every single flash game that catches your eye, so that you can open it for the first time with your standalone player? Or do you goof around with it in the window which led you to it, namely your web browser?

Sairu

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you go through the bother of saving every single flash game that catches your eye, so that you can open it for the first time with your standalone player? Or do you goof around with it in the window which led you to it, namely your web browser?
In fact, I do. But more for the fact that My internet is limited and things tend to vanish over time causing me to save just about anything and find a standalone for it. I'm boring like that.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

I dont see why a tentacle lair spot on the map would not be in game for riesz for example (and maybe tifa).

Riesz loves the tentacles so why not make her be able to visit the place?

Or be able to visit it in the future when you had the tentacle queen ending for riesz once, making you able to get your slave fucked by tentacles at any time.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I dont see why a tentacle lair spot on the map would not be in game for riesz for example (and maybe tifa).

Or be able to visit it in the future when you had the tentacle queen ending for riesz once, making you able to get your slave fucked by tentacles at any time.
Because each time you visit the lair, it gets cleared out and the tentacles relocate to a new lair.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

No. I used to, but the quality of the games being produced on this type of website has declined rapidly in the past few years. So the only H-games I've played for a good long while now are ones I have saved to my hard drives. Also, Slave Maker 2 is not embedded on any web site as far as I know, and even if it were, nobody would play it due to the fact that it is GINORMOUS. So really no reason to play it in a web browser at all, which is what sparked the debate in the first place. And even if you do browse newgrounds, funny-games, etc, there's no .exe files there anyway, making it a completely moot point, since the decision of one over another isn't there in the first place.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Riesz especially would know where to find tentacle monsters, given that she even has a 'hunting' stat... so why wouldn't she be able to find them at will?

Also, even disregarding a tentacle unlockable, the general idea of having unlockable areas for getting certain endings is gold. For example, getting Belldandy's 'Angel' ending would unlock an area which would have some sort of effect on your slave's morality. You should suggest that in the developer's thread.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I couldn't find an answer in the thread, so I thought I'd ask.

I've got an error with mine, when I go to select a girl, nothing happens. If I rapidly click around, it'll sometimes eventually pick one seemingly at random, but I'll start on day 1000something with around 9000 gold.

Basically, I can't get it to run properly.