What's new

Wolfenstahl

Daynjahzone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Wolfenstahl

Unfortunately there won't be any clothing damage in this one.
(we haven't implemented any "after sex effects" either)
Because she actually has no way to regain her clothes, and that would be a bit inconvenient, especially when you'll lose all clothes at the beginning of a stage.

But when we do the "Wolfenstahl" game with Ferania and Shiwa, there should be clothing destruction, and a relatively simple way to regain clothing.

No "after sex effects" here either, this has various reasons:
First of all, I think it's odd that the character leaves the fluids on her body.
And on top of that, it would need additional sprites, animations etc.
After you've seen the demo-version at the end of mai, you might understand where we put the focus at.
(we already had a lot of work with the sprites we did and I think, it would be too much to handle, to implement "after sex effects")

We will also reduce the resolution/size of the sprites for the Wolfenstahl game.
I think about half the size should be fine, and working on the sprites will be much easier and faster.
(for the Paperhead game, the sprites are so large that you can see details like makeup on her face etc., if you look closely)

We kinda have to reduce the sprite size for the Wolfenstahl game, because we add a whole bunch of enemies, and the characters will have lots of special moves etc.
So doing too large sprites, would look nice, but it would be too time consuming.
And of course the characters and enemies can't take up too much space on the screen, since that one will be a platformer.
That means it's important to see enough of the level/stage, especially if you have to jump across pits, or from platform to platform.

But the sprites should still be good enough to see details in the sex-animations.
So I guess this is fine.
(Though this topic shouldn't be of very importance right now, I just wanted to mention it.)

~Wolfenstahl~
Just reposting for everyone that wanted clothing damage/after sex/cum stain effects. They say maybe next game. It was my first question too.

Harib

Lurker
Reputation score

I would like to go ahead and distance myself from most suggestions. I don't like making suggestions since it's the creators game and I allow them the solution around what I feel is constructive criticism on my part.

I think all these "casual" mentions are just silly. Like I said, it's not the difficulty of the enemies. Sandbox may be a good idea, but aside from that, everything I'm hearing from people suggested to games are ridiculous and it's not just this game. There's no reason to put in control over the animations. There's no reason to change the difficulty level. No reason to put in animations to show the grapple ending or add animations of cumming to the grapple. I feel all these suggestions are whipped cream, just unnecessary toppings to issues that won't actually be helped by their implementations.
I just have difficulty with the chain grabbing and sluggish attacking of enemies, purely structural.
Right on. Don't overload the creators with small, cosmetic adjustments. Let them make their game. As the saying goes, "You can't see the forest for the trees that are in the way."

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

+ PROS

Really nice sprites, I just love both their quality and design. The grab system works pretty well and it's way better than a mere button mashing. The continue concept is pretty original, and the battle system isn't top notch but works. The little exploration makes you actually complete the demo.

- CONS

The only real problem I can think of is that as some people had stated before, there needs to be some invulnerability time right after you escape from a grab. I think that's really important. That and HP and Stamina depleting too fast, even in Easy mode. But that's totally secondary.

Really, really good work for now, I can't wait for the next release. It met up my expectations completely :) Thanks a lot for the hard work!

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Really nice demo, I like it. Great art and nice gameplay. Keep up the good work.

Here's a suggestion for how you could work in the "after-sex" effects. Since the character is only going to have cum on her clothes/self after just escaping from an opponent, it stands to reason that she doesn't have time to wipe it off in the middle of a fight or while running away. Maybe if she's out a combat or at full stamina for a second, she has a chance to clean herself up. It could also have an effect on gameplay with each "stack" after an enemy orgasm reducing her overall stamina until she can clean herself off. This would give losing a stage in combat greater consequence, since it would make escaping an opponent more difficult, as well as allow her to clean herself up faster, since the stamina bar would refill faster. Of course, this post does nothing to fix the "more sprites/animation" reason, but it's just a suggestion ;)

KD360

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Fun little demo indeed, i like it allot and needless to say, the finished product will be awesome. People here seems to be fond of giving some constructive criticism so I'll see if i can give the game some of it.

I am aware of this being a demo, kinda like a beta-test to find out about issues so I'll critique based on what I've seen in the demo.

Positive:
- Great sprites (looking sweet)
- Great CG's
- Nice in-depth text during Game over
- Good looking animations
- Unique H-system

Negative:
- UI
- Animations are smooth, but some lack smoothness.
- Balance issues (stamina cost and damage)
- Need's focus (only bad for H-games)

This game is quite good, it's good looking, smooth animations and a unique approach on the H-system, which is the grab mechanics. The problem with this grab mechanic is that it requires focus in order to escape which makes the enjoyment of the game's H-side a little hard.

The balancing is off, the stamina cost from hitting/attacking the enemy during grab is too high based on the amount of damage it does and spamming the resist button heals you, which makes it annoying to spam two buttons to maximize your chances of escape while still trying to time your defense button, with it's current standing escaping the grab is all from hard to easy depending on which phase you are on. Phase 3 and you're basically stuck and defeated. Unless you either cheat my making a spamming macro or if you're a button smashing god.

The animations are sweet, the walk and attack animations fit with their speed, the running animation however, has way to few frames and you move way to slow compared the how the animation looks.

The H-animations are great though, very good looking with very cool stances/frames, the H-animations lack an orgasm animation but I believe it will come with the full version.

The User interface though, is horrible. It occupies too much space on the screen, and could really need some more personality. I do know that you said so yourself that the UI is NOT there to stay, it's just thrown up so that we can play the game. This gives me relief as the UI Is to big and kinda hard on the eyes to look at (Talking about the starting screen now), the UI in game is Ok, but I think it lacks personality and just in general takes up so much space. Make it a bit more in-dept and smaller to make it look less generic.

Over all this game is good and looking great, could keep on reviewing this game, but I think I've said enough xD

TL;DR
Game is great and has great CG's, I am really looking forward to the finished product and even more, the wolfenstahl game. Good luck!

Last edited:

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

I was really impatient to test this game, and, for the most part, I'm not disappointed.

The game is pleasant, the sprite are great and the CG are really beautiful (and uncensored thankfully)

First I play on easy mode.

There are maybe some point to work on:
-the fights maybe sometime frustrating: when two ennemis are close to each other, only one take damage, so the second can hit you or grab you. Not a big problem but a bit frustrating.
-I hated the phrase "I have to fight". Especially when ennemies respawn again and again and you're low in health and stamina. Maybe less ennemies on easy mode would be great.
-It was already said, but a "invulnerability moment" after a grab would be great too.
-I lost many time but I have only three CG (tentacle, trap room and on the floor with paperheads). It's totally random or it has condition?|edit:I just got the fourth one...]

Aside of this, like I said before: I LIKE THIS GAME!

Last edited:

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for all the replies and feedback, as well as the critizism.
I just made a blogpost regarding the changes for the upcoming beta-demo release.
(It will stay a "beta" demo until the full game is done)

And please don't be disencouraged if your suggestion isn't on the list.
Because we can't take care of everything within our set timelimit.
I'll keep this post here short, since the blogpost says already everything.

As stated on the blog, the update might take 2-3 weeks since I'm not at home for a couple days.
(and because we not just want to "fix" stuff, but we also want to add something new)

~Wolfenstahl~

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right on. Don't overload the creators with small, cosmetic adjustments. Let them make their game. As the saying goes, "You can't see the forest for the trees that are in the way."
Right on, despite the fact the the author wants suggestions you found a way to feel superior for no reason at all.

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Where is the link to the demo? I cant find it.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I totally agree with Toxic here in that I would rather you not listen too much to all the suggestions that pop up here. Having said that - the selection of fixes to implement you have selected from this thread is very good - fixing some important issues while ignoring some more ridiculous ideas.

To people having trouble with multiple enemies - just use the run + punch cleave, it is super effective as you can stunlock enemies. Standing between two enemies and attacking them with spin kick works too, though sometimes the front one will land hits.

Grabbing system indeed takes some time to learn, but is very easy to master. It is very easy to break from grabs, dunno why people have problems with that. All you need to do is to properly input the arrow sequences and not fail on pressing C. Unless opponent is low on health it is better to just break the grab and finish him normaly, rather than try to kill him in grab which is very slow.

The main mistake I made when using grab system was trying to spam X and V at the same time, which didn't work so well. It is much better to spam only one of those keys (X - deal damage, but loose stamina, V - gain stamina and life).

I am especially looking for the FPS improvement mentioned in the blog. I agree, that the game felt a bit slow especially during combat. It also felt a bit unresponsive at times, especially when trying to run and when trying to land air kicks.

PS. If you implement double tap for run but keep it at V key, it won't help a ton, as holding your fingers on XCBN will be a bit tiresome. And since I already started on keybinds - when I finished the demo my hand hurt and that was from the keyboard not from what you all thought. The keys you need to spam are the ones you default with little and middle fingers. After few grabs I started moving my hand around so that I can spam with my index finger, and than needed to reposition. It would be a bit more user-friendly if the spam keys were the ones you default with your index and middle fingers.

PS2. Agreeing with all the prise to CGs, sprites, narration and H-animation.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

Great work mate. The grab mechanic was well implemented imho. What made it work was the fact that hitting the other inputs didn't cause problems for the ones that could fail. Trying to recover and having it trigger failure in defend or escape would have been mind boggingly frustrating.

The game's speed needs to get turned up though. Not even framerate, just speed everything up a bit so the game doesn't feel so sluggish and up the report rate on the inputs- the controls can feel unresponsive.

Visual and audio indicators for various things would also add a lot to the game. Things like adding an flash or something when you've charged up enough to do the big slash and some sort of animation for your hurting or escaping from the enemy in the grab mode. You did it for the tentacle critters, but not for the paperheads.

While I know you're saying this is a proof of concept for the grab system, just a bit more really would make this a very nifty beat em up. All it's really missing from the classic final streets of double dragons is the ability to grab the enemy and throw/attack, a 360 clearing move, and pickups.

Go for the gold mate!

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Well, she's posted on her blog a nice to-do list..

All I/we gotta do now is just sit back, relax, and let her work in peace for a while.

I

IloveULMF

Had a quick read through, seems to be only me, can't seem to load up the game, seems it wants to access my mozilla options.ini?

nvm im a derp

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

You need to export it somewhere and play it from there, otherwise it will try to make it's "options.ini" file inside the mozilla files, or something like that. I got that error too at first, but then I moved the game to another folder and it worked flawlessly.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I know these are basically first impressions. But it just seemed a little bit slow.

The character is actually very sexy.

I hate the struggling part after you've been raped though.

Just seems like a waste of time, although I guess it's more interactive.

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, she's posted on her blog a nice to-do list..

All I/we gotta do now is just sit back, relax, and let her work in peace for a while.
Err... same as Toffi-sama, I'm actually a guy.
And I'll also point this out whenever I read it, because if I don't, one day people actually believe that I'm a girl.
(But actually... I'm the only guy on my team, all the others are girls)
(and no, this is more or less a coincidence, or at least it wasn't planned to be this way)

For everyone that's wondering:
As I stated on my blog, I'm not at home and thus not able to work on the game right now.
I didn't intended to post here either, I just had to correct this missunderstanding before rumors spread about me being a girl lol
(so I'm offline now, cya in a couple days)

Oh, and regarding:

I know these are basically first impressions. But it just seemed a little bit slow.

The character is actually very sexy.

I hate the struggling part after you've been raped though.

Just seems like a waste of time, although I guess it's more interactive.
There can happen bad stuff, if you mess the struggling part up.
So it has a function or lets say, a reason to exist.
(so it's a bit gambling, if she's able to free herself in time or not...)

~Wolfenstahl~

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Well, I'm kinda one of those simple people who assumes the person is female if they have a female character as their avatar.. (And vice versa)

I've probably made this same mistake hundreds of times before, I just don't make POSTS pointing out the mistake very often. (Thankfully) :eek:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

You, a bunch of girls, working on an h game.

You smart smart man.