What's new

Wolfenstahl

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Wolfenstahl

That's what I planned.
At least an instruction with details about the controls etc.

I agree with that.
My characters are mostly self confident and strong. (personality wise)
At least this appeals to Verdani, Ferania and Shiwa.
(Ferania and Shiwa being the two Wolfgirls in the next game)
I somehow find such women more appealing, and there are not that many heroines with this characteristics in H-games.
Or at least I haven't seen that many.

Thank you ^^
I might add another section on the blog for Shiwa and Ferania, also displaying the full picture.
(after all they actually are mascots, and heroines for the next game)

Being pessimistic is okay ^^
But we will finish this no matter what.
Because... actually our artist has much higher goals than just this.
(as already mentioned, I'm not quite sure if we sell this game or give it out for free, but the next game will definetely be sold for money)
And she can't afford to kinda "fail" here...
If you understand what I'm getting at ^^"

If she fails here, she could... yeah... almost, bury all her dreams.
I mean, there are of course other methodes of earning money through drawing.
But we already invested to much time and money into this.
And it's not that "big" of a project, compared to the artists dreams.
So we have to see this through.

But it's never wrong to be pessimistic, at least a little bit ^^
(better than being over optimistic)

Yup, and they are both wolfgirls.
Sisters, to be accurate. (the Wolfenstahl-Sisters ^^)
I guess I should do a section on the blog for both of them pretty soon o_O

And thanks again to everyone for your support and interest!

~Wolfenstahl~
Now here's a request that's easy to fulfill: could you please link the blog in your sig? I admit I'm a lazy ass, but there are other benefits to having that particular link in your sig, you know. :D

Sigfried

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Posting only to say I'm also very interested in this.

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I placed the link to the dev blog into my signature, just as you suggested.
And since so many people asked questions about Shiwa and Ferania, I also implemented a section for both of them on the blog ^^

I even placed 2 artworks there.
Both artworks are whole-body drawings.
So you get a good impression on how their clothing looks like.
(it's already the final version for their clothings)

~Wolfenstahl~

Zashs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This looks very promising.

I actually like the way she looks with some make up and such. It makes her different from all the other generic ones from hentai games.

Also liking the fact that she's supposed to be some tough girl, that just makes the rape all the better.
I personally don't like all these helpless looking ones that we usually see in the games.

Looking forward to this game!

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

One thing I've got to hand to you guys: You're good at organizing your information. I had a couple of questions about the game, but they all got their answer whilst I sifted through the blog. Good job on that and can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I think Paper-Cut would be a cool name for this game.

Cptwolfgang

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Titles huh? Hmmmm

>Anonymous
>City of Devils
>Paperape-maybe not =p
>Paper or Plastic?-Couldn't resist xD

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I placed the link to the dev blog into my signature, just as you suggested.
And since so many people asked questions about Shiwa and Ferania, I also implemented a section for both of them on the blog ^^

I even placed 2 artworks there.
Both artworks are whole-body drawings.
So you get a good impression on how their clothing looks like.
(it's already the final version for their clothings)

~Wolfenstahl~
ehmm I wonder, do you have a demo, or a download somewhere, I couldnt find it on your blog.... (maybe I looked over it???)

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ehmm I wonder, do you have a demo, or a download somewhere, I couldnt find it on your blog.... (maybe I looked over it???)
As far as I know, there isn't anything playable for the public audience yet.

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You know, there has been a poll opened , guys?

I guess the time for suggestions ended and the time vote started.

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For anyone who wondered about the Name "Paperheads".
It's because Verdanis main enemies mostly have Paper-bags over their heads.
Or masks etc. (at least the regular enemies have... the bosses will look unique)
That's why ^^

And no, there is no demo version for the public yet.
But I hope I'll be able to show some screenshots in the next days, or lets say next week.
Currently there is nothing to "play" with, since there are no H-sprite animations done yet.
(and there will be a lot of them, in the final version)
But I plan on having a demo version with the Grab-System by the end of may.
(I say it's pretty pointless to release a demo if the Grab-System is not implemented yet... or at least that's the way I personally feel)

And yes, the poll started more than 24 hours ago ^^"
I just made a list with several suggestions, then talked with the team about it.
After we selected some of the suggestions, I did the poll.
But I think some of the names sound pretty good.
And remember, you can select several names.
So choose every titel/name you like.

~Wolfenstahl~

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I hadn't noticed this game before...

I have to say that I definitively like what I read! I'll definitively be keeping an eye on the game's development. A smaller, simpler game is definitively a good idea, especially for a first game.

It's very easy to get bogged down by having too grandiose ideas and want to accomodate absolutely everyone: For example, while I would like having an option for the character not to wear high heels (I detest high heels), taking the development time to implement an option like that is probably not terribly wise as it could definitively be used for more important stuff.

I definitively like strong-willed characters, so your main character is a big thumbs up from me. I also like the new grab idea: Looking foward to see how it will turn out! And the "You might have a chance to escape if captured" thing is nice too: Managing to take yourself out of a disastrous/horrible situation is a theme I enjoy. Finally, giving out some scenes for winning also is a positive in my book: Winning the game should be an actual goal, after all. For example, I felt that Raidy had a decent concept regarding that: You have a scene if you lose, but you also have a scene if you win, making you avenge the victims and returning the favor to the villains. I'm not saying it's the only way to do this of course, but it's just an example on how winning CGs can make sense.

One thing I'm a bit worried about though is your mention regarding a large variety of animated scenes, with enemies having like 4 different grabbing animations and sequences each... There's been a Mega-man type of game called Mitsuko-X some months ago. The base game was fine, and the game featured a large amount of "grabs" per enemies: You had three "horniness" level, and every single enemy had 2 different "grabs" per horniness level, for a total of 6 animations each. The idea was sound in theory, but the problem is that for every monster type added, the amount of animation work was simply staggering. The gameplay part itself suffered due to some much development time being required for the animations and the game development was stopped in part due to that (if I'm not mistaken).

The animations are obviously one of the main selling points of an hentai game for most people, but overdoing it for each enemy means that the game itself will be worse for an equivalent of time put into the game. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the best hentai games (like Kurovadis, Nightmare Sphere and Unholy Sanctuary for example) have only 1 animation per monster. If you think you can make a game with good gameplay which has multiple animations and grabs per enemy type, go ahead! But please make sure not to put more animations/ect per enemy than what you can realistically handle while not sacrificing either gameplay or the odds of completing the game.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In all honesty I think Wolfenstahl is a great name for a game. Most of the names on the blog are either extremely generic or just plain don't fit at all. (Left 4 Lust / Left 4 Rape are extremely misleading and honestly would most likely make newcomers get pissed thinking its a left 4 dead parody.)

Mansoor95

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I think so too...a demo is useless...
I mean why dont we just wait for a few months and play the final version with a whole lot of surprises...
I dont want it to happen like Fairy Fighting with every lil update..

OP
el duderino

el duderino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I mean why dont we just wait for a few months and play the final version with a whole lot of surprises...
How about a little compromise. Why not just drop off a few cg pictures every week, hell just the sketches if you wanna.

Throw in some titties every week and the fanbase won't grow weak.

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

Personally, I love the way that Eluku releases his work.

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I definitively like strong-willed characters, so your main character is a big thumbs up from me. I also like the new grab idea: Looking foward to see how it will turn out! And the "You might have a chance to escape if captured" thing is nice too: Managing to take yourself out of a disastrous/horrible situation is a theme I enjoy. Finally, giving out some scenes for winning also is a positive in my book: Winning the game should be an actual goal, after all. For example, I felt that Raidy had a decent concept regarding that: You have a scene if you lose, but you also have a scene if you win, making you avenge the victims and returning the favor to the villains. I'm not saying it's the only way to do this of course, but it's just an example on how winning CGs can make sense.

We mainly try to do something fresh.
Or at least to do a game that wasn't there before.
So I really hope this works out.
And yes, I loved the Raidy games, and also the way they handled the wins and loses.
But we will not copy that.
Our winning scenes will be different.

One thing I'm a bit worried about though is your mention regarding a large variety of animated scenes, with enemies having like 4 different grabbing animations and sequences each... There's been a Mega-man type of game called Mitsuko-X some months ago. The base game was fine, and the game featured a large amount of "grabs" per enemies: You had three "horniness" level, and every single enemy had 2 different "grabs" per horniness level, for a total of 6 animations each. The idea was sound in theory, but the problem is that for every monster type added, the amount of animation work was simply staggering. The gameplay part itself suffered due to some much development time being required for the animations and the game development was stopped in part due to that (if I'm not mistaken).

The animations are obviously one of the main selling points of an hentai game for most people, but overdoing it for each enemy means that the game itself will be worse for an equivalent of time put into the game. It's not a coincidence that the majority of the best hentai games (like Kurovadis, Nightmare Sphere and Unholy Sanctuary for example) have only 1 animation per monster. If you think you can make a game with good gameplay which has multiple animations and grabs per enemy type, go ahead! But please make sure not to put more animations/ect per enemy than what you can realistically handle while not sacrificing either gameplay or the odds of completing the game.

Yes, we thought about that too.
One good thing is, that our main artist soon has enough free time to handle that much work.
Another thing is, that we are having only a small number of enemies in the Verdani Game.
They are all human after all.
(so we won't do that much variation on the enemy-types)

But the Wolfenstahl Game will be a whole other story.
There will be quite a lot different enemies.

The good point is:
We are working as a team on this project.
And our main artist has enough free time, by the time we are working on the Wolfenstahl game.
(she is going to do drawing as her daily job)

In all honesty I think Wolfenstahl is a great name for a game. Most of the names on the blog are either extremely generic or just plain don't fit at all.
"Wolfenstahl" is actually already reserved for our bigger project.
The project we want to make sequels to.
But we are doing the Verdani game first, so we can test the Grab-System and to get some reputation etc.
(it's really a lot smaller, than the Wolfenstahl project, this doesn't mean it's a tiny game, but it will be done much faster and we can test the Grab-System much faster)

It's also to get feedback about the Grab-System.
This is really important to us, since we want to bring out something fresh, but it shouldn't be to complicated.
And therefore we need feedback.

I want to do a beta-version demo when most of the game structure is done.
Just to get a first feedback on the game.
But as I already stated, this will still take some time.
(I hope we can serve the beta-version demo at the end of may, or earlier, but I can't promisse to release it earlier)

How about a little compromise. Why not just drop off a few cg pictures every week, hell just the sketches if you wanna.

Throw in some titties every week and the fanbase won't grow weak.
I'll see what I can do ^^
I guess I should place at least one 100% done (colored) CG onto my blog.
And once in a while some drafts of Hentai CG's.

~Wolfenstahl~