What's new

ACT Echidna Wars

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Echidna Wars

Frustrating? Really?

I can't understand you, I'm quite fond of this Game and sometimes I try to kill 0 Enemies before I reach the Goal. In my Opinion, this Game is still way to easy. Did you ever play the original Game, Militia Wars? THATS Frustrating. Killing the Endboss without Cheatengine is close to impossible.

I mean, you can easily hover over your Enemies. Thats like 70% of the entire Game! The other 30% can be easily killed with the Wolfgirl, just smash your Buttons.

If you cant believe me, I will record myself. Yep, not killing any Enemie that can be avoided.
What inquisitor was trying to say was, if YOU don't like the game, well.. That's just too bad, and you're going to have to go lick your wounds in a nice dark cave while everyone else has fun with it..

Now.. If A LOT of people don't like something about the game.. That's a little different.. And then, judgment can be swift and cruel apon the devs..

For that to happen, we need to sit around and argue about how flawed the game is until the cows come home, and then some mods start barking at us for babbling.. (That is, if they haven't decided on just joining in the shit fest WITH us.. [Post #76] )

And then maybe, and I use that term sparingly.. Maybe, someone might actually decide to talk to the dev, and directly tell them what they think, having been inspired from all the bullshit we tossed around the thread about it..

So, y'know.. Pick your poison..

... ..

Or, we can always just go with plan B..
Stfu, and wait for it to develop.

Last edited:

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

This is a fun little game. I think some of the enemies need a little balancing out but it looks like it'll be great.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's a discussion forum, people come here to discuss things. Sometimes people don't like the topic at hand. This isn't rocket science.

I like Milia Wars because it's well done and more forgiving in difficulty, this is sog for very easily fixable reasons.

Now let me go through each point here:

I can't understand you, I'm quite fond of this Game and sometimes I try to kill 0 Enemies before I reach the Goal. In my Opinion, this Game is still way to easy. Did you ever play the original Game, Militia Wars? THATS Frustrating. Killing the Endboss without Cheatengine is close to impossible.
Yes, I have played it. Yes, it is hard. But here's the thing; it usually gives you a fair chance to know what to do right off the bat instead if having a Lamia rush after you like a baby on crack on the second screen with enemies. You can see what's coming easily and have room to move around and dodge, if you die you can blame your own lack of skills because the game was so well designed that you had every chance you needed (minus the annoying slow turning).

This game has smaller screens but keeps the same speed and durability for the enemies, which doesn't work on a smaller screen because you can't move around enough and can't actually react in most cases. You end up dying and must learn from what happened by exploting a cheap tactic that you need to survive, or having to do a frustrating pixel perfect jump to avoid the conflict, which is made a chore by how big and fast some of these creatures are. It's called bad design, they don't tweek what was there for the smaller area and create fake difficulty resulting for this. A game that forces you to find stupidly cheap work arounds for the most basic actions as the only real means of not dying is broken.

I mean, you can easily hover over your Enemies. Thats like 70% of the entire Game! The other 30% can be easily killed with the Wolfgirl, just smash your Buttons.
Yes, but you have to find out much of this through trial and error, especially the wolf girl tactic, and even then it sometimes doesn't work if you're worried you might smash a key into oblivion. Even hovering is made far too tricky, with more complex platform layouts covered in enemies, leaving little room to really move around or position yourself. It's possible, but it's not fun. It's just frustrating.

If you cant believe me, I will record myself. Yep, not killing any Enemie that can be avoided.
I believe you, and I believe any game is beatable, but I also believe games this faux hard are not enjoyable.

What inquisitor was trying to say was, if YOU don't like the game, well.. That's just too bad, and you're going to have to go lick your wounds in a nice dark cave while everyone else has fun with it..
I'm not the only one saying this game is heavily flawed. I know the designers can do better, which is why I criticize. There's possible greatness but not in it's current form.

Also, this does not devalue your opinion, but you guys seem to mistake criticism and discussion for attacking you all with a flamethrower, that somehow giving actual reasons for not liking something and pointing out major mechanical flaws means I want to murder the people making this game (obvious hyperbole here).

Now.. If A LOT of people don't like something about the game.. That's a little different.. And then, judgment can be swift and cruel apon the devs..

For that to happen, we need to sit around and argue about how flawed the game is until the cows come home, and then some mods start barking at us for babbling.. (That is, if they haven't decided on just joining in the shit fest WITH us.. [Post #76] )
See, the reason no one has brought their foot down is because there's actual discussion here. No one has outright insulted anyone. It's heated, but no one hates anyone involved and it's on topic, discussing the strengths and faults of the game. People can discuss their problems with something, their opinions are not invalid as the same with yours, as stated earlier.

Having an actual discussion beyond "man this is fun lol" isn't a bad thing, it's a normal thing.

And then maybe, and I use that term sparingly.. Maybe, someone might actually decide to talk to the dev, and directly tell them what they think, having been inspired from all the bullshit we tossed around the thread about it..

So, y'know.. Pick your poison..

... ..

Or, we can always just go with plan B..
Stfu, and wait for it to develop.
Yeah, no.

If I want to discuss my problems with something, even in development, I will. It's not attacking anyone, it's pointing out how I feel and I've managed to back up my views rather well. The faux logic of "IF YOU DON'T BLAH BLAH DON'T BLAH BLAH" doesn't work when it's valid criticism and the party in question thinks there's possibilities here, and there are. It only really applies when someone comes on a thread to say over and over "ALL OF YOU ARE DUMB HURR HURR" which no one has.

Basically, calm down and accept that others might not like the thing that you like or might have a valid problem with it.

I already stated my case, I'd rather people respond as mature adults (as most of us should be considering this isn't a place for kids) instead of trying to white knight when it's not needed at all because no one is outright attacking anyone.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, no.

COD is going to end up being retired for a few years after a few more games. It happened with Guitar Hero, it happened with Tony Hawk. People do get tired of recycling the same thing over and over, it just takes time.
Guitar Hero simply had a superior competitor and the Tony Hawk series isn't retired.

A major franchise isn't retired until its no longer profitable. As long as CoD continues to sell tens of millions of copies with each iteration, its not going to be retired despite the gaming community's claims.

Inquisitor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hm, so you say the game is to fast paced and/or the Rooms are to small?
Well, I kinda got used to the rooms after my first or second death. But, I'm playing at the slowest pace, it gives me more Time to react.

And the slowest pace seems natural to me. Did you try to slow down the Game?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's not a good defense for a flawed product.
'Cept it's not a defense. You can talk about whatever you hate, but if most of everyone's suggestions here got taken in to try and remedy how 'disappointing' it is, I'd only be less pleased with the game myself (except for the graphical improvements, those I would think we all agree on).

As far as I'm concerned, I like the game, and am gonna play it again when it's updated. If this 'flawed product' is really buggin' you, no one's forcing you to join me in playing it.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Bullshit. This game is vastly easier than Milia Wars.
The difficulty in that game was properly designed. You have yet to actually challenge any of my points besides saying "No, you're wrong! Stop not liking the things that I like!"

Guitar Hero simply had a superior competitor and the Tony Hawk series isn't retired.
Actually, isn't Hawk coming back? I think I heard something like that. But there hasn't been a Tony Hawk game almost this entire generation, Activision used to release that one yearly to boot.

Hm, so you say the game is to fast paced and/or the Rooms are to small?
Well, I kinda got used to the rooms after my first or second death. But, I'm playing at the slowest pace, it gives me more Time to react.

And the slowest pace seems natural to me. Did you try to slow down the Game?
The game doesn't really feel like the type of game that wants you to move slow at first, and inching along slowly isn't. If you had fun that way, more power to you. *shrugs*

'Cept it's not a defense. You can talk about whatever you hate, but if most of everyone's suggestions here got taken in to try and remedy how 'disappointing' it is, I'd only be less pleased with the game myself (except for the graphical improvements, those I would think we all agree on).

As far as I'm concerned, I like the game, and am gonna play it again when it's updated. If this 'flawed product' is really buggin' you, no one's forcing you to join me in playing it.
...so what you're saying is that because someone had criticism on the game, that means it somehow means that you're fun will be killed because of possible changes made to the game? That's pretty illogical.

Last edited:

cm46138

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Bullshit. This game is vastly easier than Milia Wars.
I agree with this statement.

Echidna Wars > Milia Wars in difficulty.

I've beaten both. Milia Wars you have limited ammo. Limited lives that set you back to the START of the level each time, no check point. You also don't have special abilities on demand like rapid fire or wings.

It took me hours to beat Milia Wars (had more trouble with the spiders and harpies on level 3 than I did the final boss). It took me less than 10 minutes to beat Echidna Wars (to its current state).

Complaining Echidna Wars is hard is akin to complaining the first level of Super Mario Bros is hard. You are just doing it wrong.

We can all agree that the vore scenes in Milia Wars > Echidna Wars how ever.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not actually going to jump in on this, as part of the overall discussion or as a mod, no matter what stiff may think of me.

But I would like to clarify that I was trying to focus on more structural things as I thought it would be more objective than other things to complain about. I've mentioned that I do beat levels and I overall do find this game pretty easy and enjoyable, but just mentioned that I think it makes it more difficult than it should through alternate means.

It would be like, if you had a fighting game where you could play against computers, and instead of increased difficulty meaning they have better AI, they're just instead doing more damage or have higher priority. It's a structural negligence, even if it can still be taken advantage of.

I had only responded to EEP on a personal level, saying that just because the game just started doesn't mean that the structure (the thing I was personally arguing against) will likely change. Of course it will have more levels and enemies which are the things I enjoy, but the way the game plays will forever be how the game plays.

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cant we all just enjoy the vore?

Myself and others have beaten all the levels and some even find it easy. People complaining about it being frustratingly hard, all I can think of is that you're just really bad at video games.

PerBert

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It would be like, if you had a fighting game where you could play against computers, and instead of increased difficulty meaning they have better AI, they're just instead doing more damage or have higher priority. It's a structural negligence, even if it can still be taken advantage of.
This is actually a good point, and answering to the Evil Emperor (nice to meet you, please do not send me to the pit of gruesome death... pretty please...) it is not always a question of being bad.
I mean, I pretty much suck at platforming, but I was able to progress at Echidna Wars until the vore bored me (not a vore fan, vastly prefer good old sex). So it is a question of gameplay.

And the gameplay can be faulty. To quote what is my paragon in H-platformers, Kurovadis, there is a room in the "gothic mansion" in which you have to jump on three platforms avoiding the fire pendulums AND a goddamn skeleton throwing bones at you.
Since the skeleton threw at random it was not a question of being bad or good: if you were lucky you won't be hit and you won't have to climb the three platform again... if you were not... well: "sucks to be you...".

In an overall astounding gameplay, there were still some flawed parts... it happens.

But one thing is true, even if this is a discussion forum, ranting about the same point is not getting anywhere. If someone knows how to get the creators, then do it... otherwise we'll be soon tired of this.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

...so what you're saying is that because someone had criticism on the game, that means it somehow means that you're fun will be killed because of possible changes made to the game? That's pretty illogical.
No?

OP
Zabz

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If you think of these games as metal slug but with fantasy, vore, and no guns.

It will make a lot more sense to you difficulty wise. Since I used to love playing metal slug when I was younger..I guess whats why I took to millia wars as a not too tough game. One frustrating bit before the boss but that was about it.

However, Metal Slug was by far the harder game...Thank god anthology has an infinite token mode!

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Meh. As someone who grew up playing '80s arcade games; this game is easy, as is Milia Wars.

Also a better comparison for this particular game would be to Mega Man since that's where most of the gameplay is borrowed from, and Mega Man is harder by far.

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Earlier today the music in the game went out while one of the girls was being digested by a slime. The sound effects were enhanced by the absence of the music, allowing me to hear a component to the sound effects that were drowned out by the music. So yeah, I wish there was a way to turn the music off. Also the music has a habit of bugging out and playing twice over itself

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

no update for this game lately?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There was an update less than a month ago

Evil Emperor Proteus

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I think he was aware of when the last update occured and doesnt consider slightly less than a month to be "lately".

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Given the laziness of many in this section, I can never assume people actually know things before they say it.

And my point was that I disagree in thinking less than a month doesn't equal lately.