What's new

RPG [Kの創作部屋] 乙女神物語~リフィのカラッパ島奮闘記~ (RJ086550)

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: virgin island

Yep,the author wrote that he's thankfull for everyones feedback,and will update the game again only when nececary(if some new bugs appear,or something like that).
So,in another year or so,we'll probably get another great game from him(hopefully).

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Basically whatever extracting program you're using, extracted the files with the wrong names, it means you need to manually edit the names of the files (make sure you have Japanese language pack installed). That is it, no other way around it.

VIRGIN ISLAND FOREIGN CHARACTERS FILE MAP

Code:
BGM:
魔王魂-4-フィールド07.mid
Code:
BGS:
omt_鈴虫.wav
Code:
SE:
どさり.wav 25.8KB
a_塔扉.WAV 40.5KB
otm_ドラ.wav 483KB
otm_ワープ.wav 179KB
otm_日本刀.wav 118KB
otm_歓声.wav 876KB
otm_決定音.wav 13,4KB
Code:
Graphics:
☆ここのファイルは削除しないで!.txt
Credits to Oiz.

Last edited:

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There is a file map for all the Japanese named files in the RPG Maker thread in about the last... 20/25 pages...
Wonder if anyone's started a wiki where this info would go, so it's easier to find.
Plus, anyone with working language packs would be able to contribute their own file maps.

And then someone writes a tool that generates the file map for you and then just copy it to the wiki.

Magic.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Wonder if anyone's started a wiki where this info would go, so it's easier to find.
Plus, anyone with working language packs would be able to contribute their own file maps.

And then someone writes a tool that generates the file map for you and then just copy it to the wiki.

Magic.
There's actually a really easy way using the list MSDos command in a batch file to make a file map of a determinate folder in your computer, it has 1 lines of coding and takes 10 seconds to code, but I don't want to go in much detail on that, there's google for it.

Anyway no, I don't think there's a wiki but honestly that wouldn't be a bad idea but on the other hand, it would take a lot of traffic off ULMF and we're not trying to do that.

We could make a wiki with walkthroughs for RPG Maker games, downloads, and general useful info like that, but eh, unless a huge group of people wanted to participate like Etigoya, KeiranD, Soulles, Oiz, etc. etc. etc. I don't think it would go far.

Code:
Navigate to the folder that you want to create a list for.
Then create a new txt file in the same directory and paste this into it:

dir /a /-p /o:gen >list.txt

then save the txt file.
Change the extension of that file from .txt to .bat.
Now double click on the .bat file and it will generate a txt file (called list.txt) with a list of all the files and folders in it.
It's THAT simple.

The outcome is something along these lines: (With a much better layout)

Directório de C:\Documents and Settings\GlobalnetAdmin\Os meus documentos\Downloads

11-08-2012 02:14 <DIR> .
11-08-2012 02:14 <DIR> ..
09-08-2012 03:04 <DIR> [PL] Pretty Warrior May Cry - Enhanced Edition
27-07-2012 03:15 <DIR> 21 Jump Street 2012 R5 NEW LiNE XViD - INSPiRAL
27-04-2012 11:51 <DIR> Starcraft II
16-02-2009 23:04 <DIR> DirectX9
20-06-2012 17:03 <DIR> PowerPoint 2003 Portable
11-08-2012 02:13 27 sdas.bat
19-06-2012 23:38 5.632 Thumbs.db
14-06-2012 14:11 713.615.360 Office Professional Plus 2010 PT.iso
11-08-2012 02:14 0 list.txt
4 ficheiro(s) 713.621.019 bytes
7 Dir(s) 980.802.666.496 bytes livres
Keep in mind my windows is Portuguese

It also lists hidden files without needing to change the settings.

But like I said, trivial things, any duck can do this.

Last edited:

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty sure a lot of ducks would be asking you for the code. And some of them probably have never heard of command-line.

The next question I guess would be, where to host it. While the contents would be pretty much non-adult, who knows.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Pretty sure a lot of ducks would be asking you for the code. And some of them probably have never heard of command-line.

The next question I guess would be, where to host it. While the contents would be pretty much non-adult, who knows.
No, ducks ask me for the password for my files :p

wikia would be a great spot.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

His latest update talks about experimenting with RPG Maker VX Ace, so it definitely seems like he's moved on. So I'll get back to work on the translation project on Monday or so.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

I hope he did move on, that would be really nice.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Don't quote me on this but.

v1.23 99% sure.

Rebis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The creator of Virgin Island has post a message concerning the advantages of VX ACE.
Maybe for a new game ?

Last edited:

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Yeah been debated.

However...

He should REALLY make a pros/cons list on VX Ace, unless he's good at scripting, I wouldn't switch if I was him. (he does look good at scripting so I wouldn't be afraid in this matter).

BUT STILL, if you're a stand alone machine VX Ace is great, that's what I use, if you look in the internet for content, well, good luck have fun with VX Ace..

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ace is pretty much an improved VX. It's like "hey guys, let's release our product now for money...and then later add some features and sell it as a new product for more money!"

But ya, if scripting is not his forte, then he may run into issues.

Of course, most of the scripts you need for a decent h-game have already been written for Ace, so that isn't an issue.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Ace is pretty much an improved VX. It's like "hey guys, let's release our product now for money...and then later add some features and sell it as a new product for more money!"

But ya, if scripting is not his forte, then he may run into issues.

Of course, most of the scripts you need for a decent h-game have already been written for Ace, so that isn't an issue.
That's where you are mistaken, while I 100% agree with you on paragraph 1 and 2, I don't entirely agree in 3, for Ace not all the good scripts have been writen OR, were released even tho there are a good deal of useful ones lying on the internet like you previously said and without a doubt they're enough to make a "decent" H-Game, however I'm making a game (not hentai) in VX Ace and trust me, I had to do A LOT of scripting on my own.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you including japanese scripts as well? Cause when I'm going through other projects I see a lot of the same things I see in VX.

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

Are you including japanese scripts as well? Cause when I'm going through other projects I see a lot of the same things I see in VX.
Well he's Japanese so he has that advantage, true.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ace is exactly the same as VX except for a few extra things. So if you use Ace and need scripts you can actually just search for scripts for the normal VX and they should work on Ace.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Few questions.
1. When you break into the mayor's house in the first town and get the mirror, what's it used for?
2. If you get caught during the break-in you get a cut-scene in which the heroine signs, I guess, some contract. What is it and what are the consequences of getting caught?
3. Around the island there are a couple of caves with respawning bats inside of them, what's the deal with that?

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ace is exactly the same as VX except for a few extra things. So if you use Ace and need scripts you can actually just search for scripts for the normal VX and they should work on Ace.
No, very few scripts that work with VX will work with Ace.
They changed a lot of the class hierarchies.

I'd say the only thing that's similar is their internal structures; nothing else.