What's new

RPG [ Auril ] World of Whorecraft: The Chronicles of Alexstrasza

Benzo109

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: World of Whorecraft: The Chronicles of Alexstrasza

So donators are already getting a preview of ep 3 and us non donating plebeians havn't even got the updated version of ep1 yet? :(

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So donators are already getting a preview of ep 3 and us non donating plebeians havn't even got the updated version of ep1 yet? :(
The updated version of Episode 1 went under a few rapid-fire releases for donators. Auril has since indicated she wants to be able to focus on Episode 2 and beyond, so I suspect EP1 will be finalized and released to masses in short time.

Passerby

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Auril did mention trying to make 1.6 the final ep 1 release.
But yeah, about time we actually get something that's not leaked. Looking forward to it, I think.

i2ci2c

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also, has there been any mention of a save system?

For premium/vip users.

Do your save file carry over to ep 2?

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The newest version of Episode 1 does include a way to save/load (which is the F5/F6 key I believe). However Episode 2 continues on the assumption that you completed Episode 1 with enough exp to have Daemia saved by the Valkyr, so an Episode 1 save would have no effect on Episode 2.

Auril has mentioned in her posts that the release dates are going to be more frequent from here on out, so hopefully we'll see some increased production and/or releases for the public.

Importantly, when the any episodes are released for the public, remember run the game in Administrator mode when you have it installed, a number of people have been having issues when they fail to run it as such.

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

F5 and F6 should be right. I never tried the load one, but on F5 I do save. Like it is usual in Steam games. Screenshots are made with Steams Screenshot function on F12 too.

We can be happy that Auril managed to build a Save-Function into the game. So I wouldn't be that greedy tht saves have to load over the games. The choices made in the game aren't that big. This isn't a new Mass Effect, so I have no complains about it. The saves are implemented to get faster to certain scenes again.

I never tried in the new releases whether the old bad ending is still possible to achieve or there is only the level 7 ending. And even if you would hit the bad ending without the Val'kyr. You can assume this scene happens nevertheless. You are just being punished with this cliffhanger for not exploring. So the bad ending isn't really a bad ending, it just cuts off the scene before the Val'kyr arrives.

That Auril said the updates will be more frequent is awesome and understandable. She learned so much in the last months about Unreal and has a stable core programming from the first 2 episodes that future episodes will be made easier, she can rely on older code now more often than before and reuse it for new quests and such stuff. She does not have to design everything from scratch anymore. I am curious what we will see in the future, what surprises she has for us.

And yes the Administrator thingy should be said. Since the new main menu I can't start the game without administrator mode. When I click play it loads a few seconds and throws me back on the main menu. The other problem I had was that the game closed to desktop after I finished it. So I don't know whether there is still a gallery or not. But as it was just the pictures it isn't a big problem. With saves we can look at the actual scenes.

Did the new episode 2 release today add anything new or just fix the loading. Because for me it was a little bit broken. Not to its bad so I was able to run to each sex scene without long questing, but it wasn't the point where I saved originally.

Last question: Zero Night did you really ment a version of Episode 3 (Three) will be released sof VIPs soon? That is amazing news that Auril came that far (if it is true). I personally thought she is still in the middle of episode 2 and wouldn't have time for 3. The update of episode 1 took so much time now. I wish I had VIP account to take a look what is going on there.

i2ci2c

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

it's just that when i see episode 1/2/3/4/5.

My brain just started to wonder, if the choices(if any) made in the beginning, will there will be any impact made further on.

Also, will our stats/equipment/stuff carry over to the next episode?

Or will there be any bonus stuff?

Sort of like in Penny Arcade - On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness ep 1 and 2.

Sure, you could just jump right into ep 2, but finishing ep 1 will allow you to have a little item which carry over to ep 2 which just grants an upgrade to one of the companion that you will meet in game.

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Last question: Zero Night did you really ment a version of Episode 3 (Three) will be released sof VIPs soon? That is amazing news that Auril came that far (if it is true). I personally thought she is still in the middle of episode 2 and wouldn't have time for 3. The update of episode 1 took so much time now. I wish I had VIP account to take a look what is going on there.
Auril said:
No episode with Alexstrasza is now fifth.
In the third episode, the main character will be... download and see April 6-7 =)
But it's a secret, again=)
@i2ci2c: Right now there are no items or experience which carry over between episodes, nor need for bonuses to companions, etc, as this is an entirely story driven game; so far there are no battles or anything in which upgrades would really be necessary or useful.

Passerby

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@i2ci2c: Right now there are no items or experience which carry over between episodes, nor need for bonuses to companions, etc, as this is an entirely story driven game; so far there are no battles or anything in which upgrades would really be necessary or useful.
That being said, now that there's a save system it's technically plausible...but the game's really not designed toward something like that in the first place, and the inventory system's still a mess. I'm still not sure how to use inventory items, actually...I just go into the inventory then wildly click buttons and mash keys until it somehow gets used.
But for now each episode's a separate game, and it doesn't look auspicious enough to try to move beyond that so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That being said, now that there's a save system it's technically plausible...but the game's really not designed toward something like that in the first place, and the inventory system's still a mess. I'm still not sure how to use inventory items, actually...I just go into the inventory then wildly click buttons and mash keys until it somehow gets used.
But for now each episode's a separate game, and it doesn't look auspicious enough to try to move beyond that so I wouldn't get too worried about it.
With the older versions of the episodes the inventory was dabbled with, however in all releases thus far in the VIP section, items are automatically used in certain situations by pushing the "E" key. Items which are required for progression are few and far between, and some are even bypassed without your realization if you're using the "fly" or "ghost" commands.

In the coming release of Episode 1, I believe there is only a handful of items you actually pick up (Knife, waterproof matches, key, powder keg).

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well since Episode 1 Beta I always could use Items just with pressing E. In Episode 1 it was only the knife that was used automatically when I pressed E in front of the Rope that I had to cut through.

I never bothered with the inventory because it was without use till now. In Episode 1.6.1 you still can use everything with E when you are at the right place and in Episode 2 there are no items at the moment that have to be used.

I also thought that Auril deactivated the Inventory in 1.6.1 to use less memory becaus it wasn't needed.

Passerby

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well since Episode 1 Beta I always could use Items just with pressing E. In Episode 1 it was only the knife that was used automatically when I pressed E in front of the Rope that I had to cut through.

I never bothered with the inventory because it was without use till now. In Episode 1.6.1 you still can use everything with E when you are at the right place and in Episode 2 there are no items at the moment that have to be used.

I also thought that Auril deactivated the Inventory in 1.6.1 to use less memory becaus it wasn't needed.
Ah, that might be true. Last I played was 1.5.
And it might've just been a positioning thing then, I'll have to go back and try it again to test that.

Last edited:

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Auril has put some new pictures up in the VIP Gallery and WIP section. It would appear Episode 3's main character is a unnamed black haired human girl. One of the new images is a lesbian interaction with Daemia, so possibly the lesbian death knight from the Episode 2 beta? The setting is reminiscent of Lordaeron and the Tirisfal Glades.

In case those of you following this project didn't know, a free account will get you access the WIP gallery. While not as complete obviously as the VIP gallery, it will at least allow you a glimpse of what is going on in production.

More information to come this weekend.

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yes in the WIP Galleries there are already pictures of that blackhaired girl getting titfucked and having a threesome. (Yes more titfucks I am happy!)

I am curious what will happen I like Daemia but we will see what happens in the future. I was looking at her old blog posts where she describe her progress like a 5 minute scene of Alexstrasza raping Sylvannas together with 2 guys, but she considered to not use it in the final version and such things.

I can't wait for the next release at the weekend. Some questions again. Are version 1.6.1r and for episode 2 0.8.4b the final installments? I can't find any later versions and especially 0.8 does not sound as the finished episode 2. Or does it really end with the zeppelin? (I Try to spoiler nothing more than you can see in the WIP Gallery on Aurils homepage.)

Some other thing I hope is, that Auril does not give up the project after Episode 5 and maybe starts a new story, that would be awesome I love her work already and don't want it to come to an end. ;P

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Episode 1 v1.6.1b is the most up-to-date release thus far. I hope it is the last for Episode 1, unless another update merely contains bug fixes. I feel that EP1 has been fleshed out enough and would allow Auril space to work on the new content in the following episodes.

Episode 2 v.0.8.4b is also the most up-to-date release of Episode 2. I do not believe it is going to be the final build however, I'd expect the version number at least to reach v1.0 before it was considered complete. I suspect either another scene or two will be added within the Lich King's citadel or on the ground. As of right now, the build ends with the zeppelin crash scene.

i2ci2c

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

thanks guys, guess i will wait for 1.6.1 to be up before giving it a shot.

Passerby

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, Auril mentioned in the 1.6 blog post that it really *should* be the last episode one update. We might expect to see episode 2 get the same treatment once it's released though...that is, getting a few extra patches.

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Episode 2 could get a few new scenes and sidequests I think, but in optimization there won't be much to do for now, because we get very few loading screens and the save system and that all is alreaady implemented and I found no gamebreaking bugs or scenes that you could find before the time.

The biggest concern I have with it at the moment are the missing sidequests, the most action takes place in the main story, not much to find behind the scenes. Maybe Auril will do something about it later on.

Another Problem I have is the dynamic lighting / dynamic shadows. Those 2 things force my PC to its knees and thats why I usually deactivate the shadows. But the lighting in this episode is so bright without the shadows, that I have to deactivate the dynamic lights too. But that turns the characters and the most part of the world in the dream-level completly black. I will do further testing whether these two are really the problem or some other things I deactivated, but I am pretty sure that it is a lighting problem with the dream-map.

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Auril's apparently uploading Episode 3 now.

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I already have 1.6.1 but I will also download the free version just to check whether there are some last minute bugfixes or changes, what I don't believe and to support Auril for her work she did some great work so I want to show her that I love her work.

Episode 3 is downloaded too. But I will test it later.

Edit: By the way I am the only one who can download from extrabit 1 part every 20 minutes? So I can run up to 3 files simultaneous in an hour.

Last edited: