Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: World of Whorecraft: The Chronicles of Alexstrasza

Got any updates Zero Night?

bootore

Reputation score

Hey guys

I need help. How do I get this game running on my Windows Xp 32Bit Service Pack 3?

When I installed it mentioned that the game needs Win7. is this true?

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Episode 4 is now in version 0.9.5b so we are getting closer.

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

News from the VIP forum. Episode 4 v0.9.5b will be removed of DRM and released to the public, bugfixed and launched as v1.0. VIP users will be given access to an extended version with more scenes, no ETA on launch yet. Will update as that thread continues.

marvelJustin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For anyone having problems launching the game, there has been a problem with all recent releases crashing after the initial install. Replace the UnSetup file in the Binaries folder where your game was installed with this one:
[Edit] Url removed because it no longer works[/Edit]

Be sure to run as administrator as well.
Ok, so, I decided to get into this (for the first time) and I'm downloading ep 1; this had a 4shared link to a fixed UnSetup file, but that link has since been dead; when I startup ep1, should I be worried about anything, because my computer has been acting up lately and I don't want any game-breaking glitches to make anything worse

And if I still need this fixed UnSetup file, anyone mind pointing me towards the right place where I can get it please?

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't think the UnSetup file was required for the first episode to work.

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That should be right. As far as I remember you don't need the UnSetup.exe and also not the UserCode Folder for Episode 1. It should run fine just with starting as Administrator.

And if your PC is weak you maybe should tweak some options down in the UDKSystemsettings.ini.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I played the incomplete first chapter, but I was wondering if the latest download contains all three chapters?

Can I just download that? Or do I need to download more?

johnrambo

Reputation score

News from the VIP forum. Episode 4 v0.9.5b will be removed of DRM and released to the public, bugfixed and launched as v1.0. VIP users will be given access to an extended version with more scenes, no ETA on launch yet. Will update as that thread continues.
Thanks for the updates. I'm still on the fence about donating because $35 seems a little steep for this sort of thing.

Personally, I'm hoping for more Jania myself. I actually managed to track down the old version with Alexstrasza just to kinda have something new to mess around with while I wait for the new release.

ssringo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the updates. I'm still on the fence about donating because $35 seems a little steep for this sort of thing.
Personally, I regret the donation. Though not because of the quality, the length of time it's taking to get the chapters, the distribution method, etc. I originally donated when it was Alexstrasza's story and what was shown was stuff for her. Then it became this other character and Alex was pushed back and then this other character and Alex was pushed back again and now she's supposedly going to be in the final chapter (half expecting to check the forums and find she's not going to be in at all now).

While I don't dislike what has been done (it's pretty good actually), I'm rather irritated with the change in focus.

w521110681

Reputation score

Looks real nice. Downloading it.

Zero Night

Demon Girl
Reputation score

At this point I would recommend just being patient for the free releases of the game. There's hints being dropped that everything is slated for completion in December or by the 1st of the year, and that that will be the end of it.

That being said, Episode 5 v0.5 was released for VIPs today, downloading now. Episode 5 is supposed to return Alexstrasza to some sort of importance so we'll see how it goes.

The specifics of the VIP-only episode 4 are still being hashed out.

aiaimep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I finally could donate now, but being that close to the release of episode 4 and only the VIP Gallery and Episode 5 Beta left the value I get out of the donation isn't that big anymore.

Still I think it would be worth as a thank you for Aurils hard work, but I would prefer something more than that.

The questions which are staying are:

Will she find an good ending for all stories in episode 5 and does it answer all the questions from the episodes before? If not, will she continue her work in future?

That would make donating even now this close to the end worthwhile again.

If she ends the her work on all of this with episode 5 will she reveal the VIP content afterwards for all? I speak of the VIP-Gallery, or scrapped ideas and discussion threads, so we can have a look at that.

and:

What is her goal with this VIP-Exclusive Update? Does just release an Update for VIPs earlier? Or is she really doing this only vor VIPs? At first I would believe that this is just version 1.1 and maybe there will be soon 1.2 and 1.3 until she decides she has no new ideas and releases the last version as the updated and finished version for public again. Like she did with Episode 1 1.6. I still hope she will come back and do 1.7 again.

If she plans this as a real VIP-Only feature that would be a reason to donate again, or a reason that would piss many non-donators off. I think Auril had some hard times dealing with her hates and she seems a bit emotional when being harrassed by them.

I certainly would like to see after Episode 5 a Version that would enhance all episodes again with new scenes and storylines in one game. She could still make it episodic like choosing which episode you want to play in the main menu like a level select, but having it as one installation and not many different.

Blix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Weird, I downloaded ep.2 but it installed ep.3... so that's nice. #.#

trillville

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Personally, I'm hoping for more Jania myself. I actually managed to track down the old version with Alexstrasza just to kinda have something new to mess around with while I wait for the new release.
where did you find that ?

Kronox001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

She's uploading episode 4 on her blog right now

stevienash001

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Damn! Doesn't look like the generatorlinkpremium site is working for extrabit anymore. Oh well. Guess the old fashioned way will do.

godsavitar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For those of you trying to download, I found that rapid8DOTcom works for generating those download links (can't post urls, replace the DOT)

I'm almost finished with all of them and I started 10 minutes ago.

Note however that I haven't tried to open the files or anything, so if they're legit or laced with viruses I have no idea

lastmatter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For those of you trying to download, I found that rapid8DOTcom works for generating those download links (can't post urls, replace the DOT)

I'm almost finished with all of them and I started 10 minutes ago.

Note however that I haven't tried to open the files or anything, so if they're legit or laced with viruses I have no idea
Thanks a lot for this link. It worked great for me. It took 5-10 minutes to download everything and the files were the right one and extracted correctly.