What's new

Patreon SIM Abandoned [ HartistaPipebomb] Breeding Season

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Breeding Season

I just had to post in here one more time to put this out here again;

PATREON TAKES 10% OF FUNDS AT MAXIMUM

Said it in the thread two or three other times, not putting you down thswehrizat, just wanting people to know accurate stuff for future debating about the game in the thread, Patreon never ever takes anymore than 10% at total maximum, and usually it takes less (like around 7%).
I'm just trying to show that even with the more conservative estimates, they're still making more than enough money to be making a 40 hour work week reasonable.

So if they're putting in 40 hours per week and updates are this slow, then they're very lousy workers. If they aren't putting in 40 hours when they're making this much money, they're seriously ripping the patrons off.

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm just trying to show that even with the more conservative estimates, they're still making more than enough money to be making a 40 hour work week reasonable.

So if they're putting in 40 hours per week and updates are this slow, then they're very lousy workers. If they aren't putting in 40 hours when they're making this much money, they're seriously ripping the patrons off.
I thought h-bomb "the leader" takes like 50% and does the coding.
Also patrons can remove their sub every time. Maybe they have 0 clue about this genre so they'll think breeding season is the only h-game.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I thought h-bomb "the leader" takes like 50% and does the coding.
Also patrons can remove their sub every time. Maybe they have 0 clue about this genre so they'll think breeding season is the only h-game.
Really, that is what it boils down to. Supply and demand. There is obviously demand for English h-games, but the supply is limited. This is apparent from the level of support Akabur, Breeding Season, etc. have gotten. People see all these Japanese games come out and want to fully experience them. I'm honestly surprised that a few Japanese developers have not realized the financial potential and started translating more games to sell to the English market.

While Breeding Season definitely has potential, I firmly believe that if this was the Japanese market, it's funding at this point would be negligible--given the shenanigans involved. But, people are willing to hold out hope when there are so few options. I hold out hope, but I'm not willing to support it until I see more--a lot more.

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Really, that is what it boils down to. Supply and demand. There is obviously demand for English h-games, but the supply is limited. This is apparent from the level of support Akabur, Breeding Season, etc. have gotten. People see all these Japanese games come out and want to fully experience them. I'm honestly surprised that a few Japanese developers have not realized the financial potential and started translating more games to sell to the English market.

While Breeding Season definitely has potential, I firmly believe that if this was the Japanese market, it's funding at this point would be negligible--given the shenanigans involved. But, people are willing to hold out hope when there are so few options. I hold out hope, but I'm not willing to support it until I see more--a lot more.
The supply is limited and the general quality of english made H-games is pretty atrocious frankly . Theres also the downside that pretty much only amateur game devs dabble in it as its not an established market in the west. Ive yet to see a western h-game on the same level of quality as some of their japanese counterparts. With art that isn't a hodgepodge of mistmatching artwork (Arodevia/Opala) and actually includes interesting h-game mechanics.

Id love to see English H-games on the level of quality as Rance or Kamidori, that would be freaking amazing and I do believe it could be profitable.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

First of all, thank you for naming reasons.
Second, keep in mind that I don't have all the information needed to answer your questions fully.

a) I don't know, haven't been around for that time.
b) Because they fully redesigned the game and didn't put the old, crappy looking animations back into the game.
c) It may seem slow now, but if you look at the livestreams you'll see how much work it is to finish even one animation.
d) Because it had to be done, why it didn't include more updates is something I can't answer.
e) Are they? I mean, I'd like to have an UI redesign aswell, but then again, another overhaul is something the users of this forum in particular don't want to see. Yet, HBomb is trying to optimise the performance.

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Most of the time when I've seen Japanese game devs release english patches, nobody will buy the english version of their game to the point to where they lose money on the translation. I guess the english speaking audience is so used to pirating all the other copies that they can't be bothered to support more than just the occasional game that manages to get a lot of attention (Rance, MGQ, Kamidori, AA). If I had to guess, I'd say around 90-95% of the games released on DLsite would lose money if they were to be translated.

One big complaint I have with western game devs is that they see this huge japanese market, and they have this one little niche they can fill by making an English h-game. So what kind of games would really benefit from being in English? Well, as far as kinks go, anything that isn't conveyed well visually. Mind control/hypnosis, NTR, things of that sort.

Yet gameplay wise, most english h-games tend to be platformers and similar and contain very little dialogue anyways. Kurovadis and Eroico, Wolfenstahl, Xenotake are some of the better ones, but there's very little point to them being in English, as their stories are weak and throwaway and don't help convey anything.

However, I'm not so sure western audiences would even prefer any of that, as the games that tend to get the most attention are not particuarly good. Maybe western audiences deserve western developers. The rest of us can go learn Japanese.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yet gameplay wise, most english h-games tend to be platformers and similar and contain very little dialogue anyways. Kurovadis and Eroico, Wolfenstahl, Xenotake are some of the better ones, but there's very little point to them being in English, as their stories are weak and throwaway and don't help convey anything.

However, I'm not so sure western audiences would even prefer any of that, as the games that tend to get the most attention are not particuarly good. Maybe western audiences deserve western developers. The rest of us can go learn Japanese.
Platformers can contain lots of dialogue and storyline, actually, and stuff that isn't throwaway, at that.

There's a lot of Western RPGs coming out with really solid storyline too, Malise and the Machine is one example, Crisis Point is quickly gaining more storyline, and many others as well.

That said, storylines in hentai don't do THAT great with Westerners, unless they're seamlessly embedded into the game OR they're optionally there OR it's exceptionally well written.

A lot of Western H-games are getting translated into Japanese as well (Xenotake did, I know mine is, pretty sure Malise and the Machine is going to be, not sure about other games though off the top of my head)

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can see your points, and I've also considered the translation issue. Perhaps one problem is people fail to realize when the developer actually DOES a translation. I guess my assumption is that most of this is fan translated, and if so, I tend to look for who to donate to if I really enjoy the game. You are right though, piracy does run rampant.

As for westerners tastes, you may be right, but I've noticed a vocal group that is looking for more story and context in h-games. A good number of people have sent me messages thanking me for a single prologue of a game because it developed a story. Look at The Last Fucklord (name is being changed), it has actually garnered some support solely because of the story. Witch trainer had nothing but chibi sprites and about 2 CGs, yet a number of people still liked the game. I think the scene is ripe for a quality, story-driven H-RPG. It is the game I've always wanted to play. Selfishly, I want a Kamidori with some seriously erotic H. That is my dream game--well, I'd tweak the story a bit too :p.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If anyone has any questions regarding BS;
The lead designer Vanilly is in this chat currently answering questions:

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If anyone has any questions regarding BS;
The lead designer Vanilly is in this chat currently answering questions:

Id ask him why H-bomb is such an incompetent fool, and why they can't work at a reasonable pace. But I've realized that I don't care too much about it anymore.

I know they artificially keep their work pace slow, out of shear laziness possibly or as to milk as much money as possible from the gullible idiots that still pay.

For all the incompetency the B.S team has shown, its clear to me now that the game has also deviated from what it originally was and is heading further in a direction that doesn't interest me. I don't care for Furry, nor do I care about Futa, which leaves very little left for me to enjoy :( . Its a shame that grotesque-ish monsters and animals are no longer in the game and are instead been replaced with macho looking fursonas.

/end rant

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does the tutorial not work? I try pressing "i could use a refresher" but it just skips directly to "well, I think that's everything"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Did you turn on the "I hate text" option? That's the only possibility I can think of.

Yatol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Did you turn on the "I hate text" option? That's the only possibility I can think of.
no its really the game that dosen't have a tutorial yet due to new implemented stat exp

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

anyone know if they added any new animations in the 6.6.6 update or is it just the pics for all the new genders and stuff

Static1218

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyone know if they added any new animations in the 6.6.6 update or is it just the pics for all the new genders and stuff
6.6.6 Patch Notes

Additions

- Queen Kaliba's Halloween Quest! Start by visiting town a few times in October. It's a fairly involved questline that includes a puzzle and a new sex scene! (let me know if there's any trouble starting or progressing through the quest)
- New/reworked neoteny monster variants: Kittengirl, Kittenboy, Dickpup, Titpup, Chickadee, Budgie, Heiftaurus, Vealtaurus, Boy Elfling, Girl Elfling, Imp, Lilim, Foal, and Filly
- New genderbent futas: Futa Demoness, Futa Mare, and Futa Titwolf
- Revamped futas: Futa Harpy and Futa Elf
- You can now go inside Cordelia's Lab
- Added Swine color variations

Bug Fixes / Balance

- The game now starts in August (makes it a bit closer to the existing holiday events)
- The Alchemy building should no longer be able to be upgraded, breaking the game (may still occur with saves from 6.6 or 6.6.1: just try to fight the urge to upgrade the alchemy building, nothing good can come of it)
- Taurus skins have been fixed
- Preferences should now be visible on the breeding and new monster screens
- Genderbent has been tuned back to occur much less frequently in the shop
- Preference gain has been tweaked slightly

Known Issues

- There may be issues loading saves from older versions
- Kittengirls have no mouths and I haven't figured out why yet. I would ask them, but...
- Skin and hair colors may be incorrect on some new monsters/variants, Vealtaurus in particular
- Pen silhouettes for the neoteny monsters and some genderbent monsters are currently incorrect and show up as base monsters instead
- Some animations have been disabled or are glitchy due to the new overhauls and colors
- Due to the overhaul of the color system, colors are incorrect in a number of pens and animations
- There's been an increase in lag (particularly when restocking the store), and we're in the process of fixing it/optimizing the game in general

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The Breeding Season team is currently looking for new flash animators. If you are interested you can apply here:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Haha, so even one of their artists is so fed up with the (lack of) "development" of this game that they're leaving. Quote from someone on this blogpost:
Well, from seeing her tumblr it seemed clear that Vanilly has been fed up about BreesingSeason for some months.

When I started back in november I thought people criticizing the slow progress of the game were over-reacting a bit. After more than 6 month of following the project I realize they were right. This project is a joke, at this pace it'is going nowhere.
I guess the team members are lacking a lot in skills and organization, it wouldn't be a problem if it was a little game on which they would work in their spare time. But they chosed to be ambitious and put up a Patreon. I understand very well that patrons are not their boss and the difference between the Patreon system and, say, the Kickstarter system. But still, they are getting money from us, I think we can expect a bare minimum.
They promised to do monday and friday updates for art and programming (blog posts showing their progress), but it didn't last long and maybe only one or two of it were on the expected day.

I guess they are just not taking this whole thing seriously; because, is it that hard to do a weekly blog post for the thousands of patrons supporting them ?

I don't know who is really to blame, but I do know that this team will keep on disappointing us. So I plan to cancel my Patreon support, I guess there are more serious projects to support out there.

Seriously, the concept of this game is awesome, the art is excellent, but this is really going nowhere.
Looks like this continues to be the flagship of what-not-to-be if you're starting a patreon.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I swear if was not for S-purple the game should died long ago...

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you can get 31k per month by doing a poor job, you dont really have an incentive to improve.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Anyone have a mega-link to the latest version? So I can see if it's still the same thing I played years ago? Thanks!