What's new

Patreon SIM Abandoned [ HartistaPipebomb] Breeding Season

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Breeding Season

With the patreon paying him 25k a month this kind of updates are bullshit. I really don't understand how people keep paying him... I've been following this game since it started but even from the start it looked like a scam to me.
When he went MIA a while back people thought he had abandoned the game for good. The folks at LegendofKrystal were thinking of taking over the project but unfortunately Hartista came back with the goal of monetizing his game and thats when everything went downhill real quick...ignoring the fact that he missed every single deadline hes ever given.

I knew from the start that supporting his Patreon would be a mistake which is why i didnt donate. He has yet to prove he can be a reliable and effective developer and i havent seen him improve one bit since he started his game.

The only one that seems to actually be working for this project is S-purple which is unfortunate to me since i didnt like the direction his art was going. Didnt like the change from bestiality to furry and the pastel color everything makes the game look like its in low definition (like watching a video fullscreen in 360p).

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I just want to mention that, as a creator on Patreon, the $25k listed is nowhere near the actual amount they're getting paid. There are probably thousands of dollars worth in declined cards and Patreon fees, bringing it down to at least $20k (most likely less), and self-employment pay in America gets taxed as high as 44%, reducing the number drastically. Then they split the profits of whatever's left, and probably get a few thousand a month each in takeaway.

That being said, I have no intention of defending these guys. Outside of S-Purple, they're one of the groups just using Patreon as a cash-grab. I've been following it for a while and it's absolutely insane how little work has been done for the amount they're being paid. Patreon has so much potential to be an amazing platform for development between creator and consumer, it just sucks to see it being misused in such a way.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The main creator was amazingly successful in returning from a month(s?) long hiatus and immediately convincing people to start shelling out money for him to continue the project.

Without trying to seem too "I thought so", you can see earlier in the thread that I was expressing my doubts for his competency when he started up the patreon, and I really hope that nobody from here put money into it. The game has been astoundingly slow to progress, and many of the animations are still missing from the new artist. I like to support people who are doing these types of games, but only once I've seen some element of progress.

Or if they're doing it per-major update, like Yummytiger. I think that's kind of a cool idea as well.

Sable

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just want to mention that, as a creator on Patreon, the $25k listed is nowhere near the actual amount they're getting paid. There are probably thousands of dollars worth in declined cards and Patreon fees, bringing it down to at least $20k (most likely less), and self-employment pay in America gets taxed as high as 44%, reducing the number drastically. Then they split the profits of whatever's left, and probably get a few thousand a month each in takeaway.

That being said, I have no intention of defending these guys. Outside of S-Purple, they're one of the groups just using Patreon as a cash-grab. I've been following it for a while and it's absolutely insane how little work has been done for the amount they're being paid. Patreon has so much potential to be an amazing platform for development between creator and consumer, it just sucks to see it being misused in such a way.
I understand thats not the real amount he gets, but even with your numbers (don't know where he lives but in spain where im from that would be a huge amount for a freelancer) it's more than enough for a living and as a full time job the amount of work he puts in the game is absurdly low: "hi guys, this month I managed to get a new save sistem working, praise me!" ¿Seriously? He has two or three artist working in the game, yet he's slow as hell in implementing new animations... and yet people pay him?

Right now im pretty sure he inserts subliminal messages in the game, there's no other answer to so much stupidity xD

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I heard people complaining about it, he even posted one of the complaints on the blog a while back. Oh well, I'm not paying for it. It's amazing how many people are willing to put money into it.

I mean hey, at least the project is advancing, look on the bright side. Even if it's pretty far behind promised schedule. I think everybody knows that's the weakness of Patreon, monthly pay, why rush? Even if it's not intentional, it still happens. Unless he's going to cut off their funds until they catch up, there's not even much they can do to fix their time mistakes/failures at this point.

The artist seems to be keeping up with the workload, it's always on the programming that there seems to be trouble. Hope he's paying SPurple well, because he's saving the project like woah by having a constant stream of eye candy to post to distract people. If he didn't keep things rolling, people might actually realize they're spending a lot for extremely slow progress.
If it takes more than 2-3 years to get a complete game, how much is that on Patreon? $24-36 dollars a year? You don't need to spend a lot to get the backer build. A lot cheaper than TITS even if they update slower. Another thing people complain is that whenever a public build is released, they complain that everything is different, some features don't work, and that this is bad because they gave an unfinished game to the players. This would have been solved if people just read the change notes for that build that was posted before.

The person doing the coding seems to be taking his time. Fixing the save system or making a new one shouldn't take that long. People on Legend of Krystal seem to be able to do it quite fast and release an unfinished or finished game within a year or two with no backing.

Last edited:

Reginald67

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, can't really blame Harista for stupid people can we?

Also 25k or not more money doesn't suddenly make it a professional work people seem to think that the more money these kind of games get somehow the more skill the creators have except that's not how anything works:confused:
He needed money to hire more members which he did, not his fault more people than expected started paying for it is it?

But yeah people should have been here before I'll take the bi-weekly updates over the bi-monthly ones with little to no content.

As for the game itself I much preferred the old art style kind of a shame they changed it all the models are way too chunky for my liking it's more Americanized like the MnF games where the breasts and thighs are bigger than a bus, nyeh.
On top of that they're not very animal-like now I believe it was said they had to change that because sites wouldn't host bestiality but Patreon doesn't give a damn..

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hm... I've been reading a lot of complaining about H-Bomb, about how long it takes for him to get anything done. But, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he start this project as a way to learn programming? I mean, it's not like he has many years of experience in a work environment that allows you to interact with much more experienced people, that could know solutions for your problem on the fly.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Problem is that he's been lying to people constantly. For those who weren't around for the full history of the project, I could understand your confusion with some of the complaints. Long story short: He has a long and decorated history of screwing with people lol.

Longer story:

He disappeared multiple times with "donations" from customers without a word pre Patreon. Then he came back with his grand plan to start Patreon to create even more content/take money from people before he'd even caught up with the things he already owed/promised people. His old system had people "donate" for content he was going to add to the game (With set release dates) that he bailed on for months at a time without any word after getting paid. He was always far behind on or completely neglecting promises/release dates he made.

The argument was that it was "donations" even though it was clearly set up as a commission system to avoid having to take responsibility for it (Personal and maybe by law too, since it's damn hard to take money for a bestiality game apparently). When you set release dates and promise people content, it's no longer a friendly donation system. People have a right to be upset when you don't deliver on said promises. Pretty sure he took months of Patreon funds on top of the donations he had already received to create things he had already promised pre Patreon.

As I've said before, I don't even blame him/I'm not angry at him, it's the people still willing to trust him that I find hilarious. I just feel bad for the people who don't know the full history of the project and are supporting him. Pretty easy to fall in for thinking he's reliable. Go back to the earlier pages of LoK and you can find out more. Might even be some stuff about it in this thread, I can't remember.

I think Hartista probably originally meant well, but he just didn't want to take full responsibility for his (Consistent) mistakes. Who does? Like the people who pay him, don't get content they were promised on time, and defend Hartista because admitting he's doing poorly is admitting that they themselves are messing up by supporting him :p

Anyways, it's been pretty entertaining to watch from the sidelines. TLDR: Hartista isn't reliable, if you're thinking of paying him, you should know that, that's all.

Last edited:

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Problem is that he's been lying to people constantly. For those who weren't around for the full history of the project, I could understand your confusion with some of the complaints. Long story short: He has a long and decorated history of screwing with people lol.

Longer story:

He disappeared multiple times with "donations" from customers without a word pre Patreon. Then he came back with his grand plan to start Patreon to create even more content/take money from people before he'd even caught up with the things he already owed/promised people. His old system had people "donate" for content he was going to add to the game (With set release dates) that he bailed on for months at a time without any word after getting paid. He was always far behind on or completely neglecting promises/release dates he made.

The argument was that it was "donations" even though it was clearly set up as a commission system to avoid having to take responsibility for it (Personal and maybe by law too, since it's damn hard to take money for a bestiality game apparently). When you set release dates and promise people content, it's no longer a friendly donation system. People have a right to be upset when you don't deliver on said promises. Pretty sure he took months of Patreon funds on top of the donations he had already received to create things he had already promised pre Patreon.

As I've said before, I don't even blame him/I'm not angry at him, it's the people still willing to trust him that I find hilarious. I just feel bad for the people who don't know the full history of the project and are supporting him. Pretty easy to fall in for thinking he's reliable. Go back to the earlier pages of LoK and you can find out more. Might even be some stuff about it in this thread, I can't remember.

I think Hartista probably originally meant well, but he just didn't want to take full responsibility for his (Consistent) mistakes. Who does? Like the people who pay him, don't get content they were promised on time, and defend Hartista because admitting he's doing poorly is admitting that they themselves are messing up by supporting him :p

Anyways, it's been pretty entertaining to watch from the sidelines. TLDR: Hartista isn't reliable, if you're thinking of paying him, you should know that, that's all.
Yes, I do believe his biggest issue is his inability to convey what's happening and the insecurity of admitting that he isn't as good as he believes himself to be.

This could all be avoided by posts saying "Guys, I'm having a hard time coding X and Y, it keeps breaking things, so unfortunately all releases will be delayed until I can solve this problem". And if anyone bashes him for that, he could always just argument that Breeding Season is only a pet project in order to help him LEARN to code, that means he will get stuck on some things and will have to learn how to do it, making it mighty difficult to predict when something will be finished.

Of course, that was then, now is now, since he is receiving a paycheck from Patreon, he no longer can say it's a pet project, since now it's his job, and it's his duty to keep up with a schedule. With that said, I believe he is just committing the rookie mistake of not understanding his own limitations once again. It literally takes years of experience and many projects to be even slightly accurate with predictions of when stuff will be done. But still, I agree he shouldn't be promising the moon when he can't even deliver a rock.

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ive mentioned this on his blog and gotten one of his white knights to defend him somehow.

Im not sure why people don't demand he change his payment system to be received "every major update" instead of monthly. This would encourage him to work faster and maybe put alot more effort into this game.

This monthly business does nothing but encourage him to take his time in order to milk his patrons of as much money as he can before they finally realize whats going on.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

In that regard, I lost all faith in him (and those that would spend money on him) when he had his 'Donation Voting', followed up by a two month dissapearance, and re-emerged with this idea of a patreon. People flocked to spend money on it, even though he had just taken all of that 'donation voting' money and thrown their 'votes' out the window.

The fact that people were still so quick to support the project means that they'll get what they deserve. So far, it's been very little for a very long period of time.

kamakichi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i'm quite sad to see that there's not a lot of animations right now, and there's still a decent amount of work needed to make this game what it should be. but in the end we'll get a great game i think :)

Ringlonn

Lurker
Reputation score

I think the reason he gets so much money on patreon is that he asks only 1$ a month for a person to get access to the latest version of his game.
To most people 1$ is almost nothing so they give him that money even if he works really slowly.

Let's see...was it Marionette(or something like that) who gets less than 1000$ a month on patreon for his projects and he asks 10$(last I checked) for a person to get access to the latest version of his game(dark parasite).Now 10$ a month is enough for most people to seriously think about wether to giving that money to someone who works pretty slowly.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I haven't looked at this game in so long, and I mean long enough that I didn't know about the voting... (let's call it what it was) scam, so lets say years. AND IT'S ACTUALLY REVERSED PROGRESS!!!!!!

Now that I've got that out of my system. Does anyone have the last version from before they scrapped what little progress was made since I last checked this out. I mean does anyone have the version just before the art change, and could you post a link?

Last edited:

parjoala

Lurker
Reputation score

You can find it on swfchan. Dunno which version that was, so you'll have to look through them to get it.

Here's the link:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I actually haven't played it in a very long time, lost interest with a lot of the changes and the way the game was headed/being handled. Guessing they got rid of the bestiality to help it sell on Patreon or something, but eh.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I actually haven't played it in a very long time, lost interest with a lot of the changes and the way the game was headed/being handled. Guessing they got rid of the bestiality to help it sell on Patreon or something, but eh.
Yeah, I don't get that part. Patreon has no specific rule against bestiality, and that was something that made it somewhat unique. I didn't know about the rest of this (scamming and whatnot), but I was definitely disappointed they switched completely to furry/anthro. (that alone would be enough for me to lose interest completely)

Of course, I don't follow anything from that forum too closely, they are kind of notorious for half-finished projects that rarely get updated. (with a few exceptions)

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I don't get that part. Patreon has no specific rule against bestiality, and that was something that made it somewhat unique. I didn't know about the rest of this (scamming and whatnot), but I was definitely disappointed they switched completely to furry/anthro. (that alone would be enough for me to lose interest completely)
Yeah, I like SPurple's art (though a bit too colorful/saturated/jarring at times for my liking), I just don't think it fits the game as well as the previous graphics/characters. Lack of bestiality is sad.

That and everything being huge hipped/tittied monsters. I found the petite harpies and such from the old game charming. I like variety, if everything has huge tits, what's the point? By comparison, they're all just average then. Need some tiny girls to make the curvey girls stand out more.

Last edited:

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yeah, I like SPurple's art (though a bit too colorful/saturated/jarring at times for my liking), I just don't think it fits the game as well as the previous graphics/characters. Lack of bestiality is sad.

That and everything being huge hipped/tittied monsters. I found the petite harpies and such from the old game charming. I like variety, if everything has huge tits, what's the point? By comparison, they're all just average then. Need some tiny girls to make the curvey girls stand out more.
I prefer curvy myself, but I have to agree variety is better, doesn't make sense if they are all curvy, and has more impact if it's just one or two that are "well endowed". And that doesn't mean I don't like petite girls too lol.

omgimdead

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Breeding Season 5.8 Alpha just released.

Mediafire for the and and taken from this .

.swf is also available on swfchan.org for those who don't want to download it.

First impressions fro 5.7, able to harvest, feed and more importantly fulfil requests. Unfortunately you still can't buy nor sell said consumables. The panel in the Guild still doesn't work so no shop upgrades. New animations, particularly one that only has a chance to play on 2/14 and will be M/M regardless because there is only a M/M version of the scene.