What's new

ACT [Kaijo] Nagai Yamiji - NOW ONLY $4.99

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [WIP] Nagai Yamiji (Demo available)

So I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but at the very very beginning of the level, there's a twilight sparkle and two bat creatures.

Nice secret Kajio =p

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So I dunno if anyone else noticed this, but at the very very beginning of the level, there's a twilight sparkle and two bat creatures.
How did you find that? You rascal!

Also, V0.4 is up! It's made with GMStudio and includes some nice improvements, perhaps most importantly the improved wall-jumping everyone should be eager for :p

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I did lots of weird things in the game, I even glitched it and was walking in the cave walls! :D
How'd you manage that? If I can I'd like to make such things not possible :p

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How'd you manage that? If I can I'd like to make such things not possible :p
There's a hole in the ceiling in the cave with light coming down, I run+jumped and done the mid-air flip to get to the side of the hole and started wall jumping till I gone to the next screen. You would keep falling if you tried to go right, but if you go left you're glitched in the walls. Did something similar to visit Twilicorn and her pet bats. X) Shame the savepoint in that room doesn't let you load from there =p Messed up a good save. Hope that helped, I'll test more bugs in the next version =D

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There's a hole in the ceiling in the cave with light coming down, I run+jumped and done the mid-air flip to get to the side of the hole and started wall jumping till I gone to the next screen. You would keep falling if you tried to go right, but if you go left you're glitched in the walls. Did something similar to visit Twilicorn and her pet bats. X) Shame the savepoint in that room doesn't let you load from there =p Messed up a good save. Hope that helped, I'll test more bugs in the next version =D
Ah alrighty, well that was the intended way to find my hidden waifu :p, but you shouldn't have glitched into the walls... now that I think about it, I think I know why that happened though XD

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ah alrighty, well that was the intended way to find my hidden waifu :p, but you shouldn't have glitched into the walls... now that I think about it, I think I know why that happened though XD
Do I smell a new secret room you might add to it? XD
lol jk

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Do I smell a new secret room you might add to it? XD
lol jk
I'll never tell :p Kudos on finding that one though, haha. I didn't think people would find that so quickly!

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I haven't tried the new wall jump update but from the last one it took me 20 trys to just get out of were you get the dam thing... also the goat guy there could rush you and fall off, meaning you don't need to fight him. suppose you could jump over him and wall jump out but that is lame should make it a forced to fight.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I haven't tried the new wall jump update but from the last one it took me 20 trys to just get out of were you get the dam thing... also the goat guy there could rush you and fall off, meaning you don't need to fight him. suppose you could jump over him and wall jump out but that is lame should make it a forced to fight.
Well yeah, that's pretty much how it is for all the enemies. You can fairly easily just run past them all. There is a problem with doing that, however, as you'll be under-leveled for the boss fights if you do that.

There's no good way I can think of that would force you to fight something that wouldn't be rather lame or annoying...

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

0.4v

Is not playable lubricates me many error messages on what is missing.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

0.4v

Is not playable lubricates me many error messages on what is missing.
What are those errors? I can't really help if you just say "errors". It works on my end, as well as the other computer I tested it on and a buddy's computer.

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Kaijo, is it possible to make it so you are knocked over every 20 to 60 points of health you lose? Because I kinda wanna get raped but sometimes the only times that happens is after she gets "killed". Also losing 1 point of health per thrust and 5 per cum from certain enemies would be awesome.;)

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Kaijo, is it possible to make it so you are knocked over every 20 to 60 points of health you lose? Because I kinda wanna get raped but sometimes the only times that happens is after she gets "killed". Also losing 1 point of health per thrust and 5 per cum from certain enemies would be awesome.;)
Well I've kept the chances of being knocked down rather low purposefully, since I think it would be annoying for people who are trying to progress to be knocked down too often :p

At least in the full game (if not in an update before then) Gallery will be available and you'll be able to purposefully fall down there :)

That wouldn't be a bad addition for Nintendo Hard mode :3

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I've kept the chances of being knocked down rather low purposefully, since I think it would be annoying for people who are trying to progress to be knocked down too often :p

At least in the full game (if not in an update before then) Gallery will be available and you'll be able to purposefully fall down there :)

That wouldn't be a bad addition for Nintendo Hard mode :3
this I had a 4-5 time knock down happen and I pretty much just have to tank thew most of the platforming it was annoying. but at the same time I to found you had to die to see the animations.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

this I had a 4-5 time knock down happen and I pretty much just have to tank thew most of the platforming it was annoying. but at the same time I to found you had to die to see the animations.
You shouldn't have to die to see the animations, just get knocked down next to an enemy.

I'm actually pretty sure I accidentally left in a testing feature, where if you press space you'll fall down. You can use that while the gallery isn't available :p

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just tried v0.4 and got an error. This is on WinXP.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_light:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

**edit v0.3 works fine

Last edited:

iamimpact

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

wall jumping albeit a bit easier (sorta) is still kinda a unforgivably precise mechanic. I think of this wall jumping kind of like back in the days of the first polygonal mario game where you had to press the button right as you hit the wall. In order to wall jump, is it that you have to press the opposite button and jump at the same time? Maybe I am a wimp at platformers, but I do find trying to wall jump, and then our heroine just kinda bumps the wall instead of actually jumping a bit disheartening (and then having the same thing happen to the triple digits soul crushing).

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just tried v0.4 and got an error. This is on WinXP.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_light:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

**edit v0.3 works fine
Very strange... I think there was a change from GM8 to GMStudio on the order in which some code is executed, because there's no other reason that error should be being thrown up, and not everyone is having it.

If there an "Ignore" button for that error? If so try hitting that and see if it continues normally...

wall jumping albeit a bit easier (sorta) is still kinda a unforgivably precise mechanic. I think of this wall jumping kind of like back in the days of the first polygonal mario game where you had to press the button right as you hit the wall. In order to wall jump, is it that you have to press the opposite button and jump at the same time? Maybe I am a wimp at platformers, but I do find trying to wall jump, and then our heroine just kinda bumps the wall instead of actually jumping a bit disheartening (and then having the same thing happen to the triple digits soul crushing).
In this update all you have to do to effectively wall jump is press jump when you're sliding against a wall, and then roll right after, and when you reach the other wall, jump and roll again, repeat ad pinnaculum.

Especially on Easy the sliding gives you a decent time window to hit jump, and on all the difficulties you get a decent window to roll after you've jumped (even though perhaps the most effective method would be to hit them in rapid succession like a combo).

I honestly don't know how to make wall jumping any easier while having it still remain in anyway challenging, or even function properly.

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry i forgot to say i did try clicking "ignore" but that same error immediately comes up no matter how many times i click it.