What's new

ACT [azurezero] Damsel quest (£3.20 on itch.io/cheaper bundled with DQ2)

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Damsel quest (working title)

Your art has gotten really good!

This first level seems pretty fun as well. Will you have it that some enemies may check some hiding spots (Dogs wouldn't be fooled by under a table, for instance) or hiding spots that take a bit more preparation?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Your art has gotten really good!

This first level seems pretty fun as well. Will you have it that some enemies may check some hiding spots (Dogs wouldn't be fooled by under a table, for instance) or hiding spots that take a bit more preparation?
there might be something later on, but the beams allready arent affected by tables (speaking of i need to change the depth of the animation to make sure tables aren't on top and to switch stealth off)

i dunno what im gonna use for hidey spots in the forest levels yet

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Those pictures aren't appearing for me on the first page.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Those pictures aren't appearing for me on the first page.
i linked them from my drop box...hmmm

is the animation sheet one there?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

wip for one of the pitfall game overs :)

the idea being the castle is built over a chasm into hell

let me know if the pic below isnt visible

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
let me know if the pic above isnt visible

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

good day today, woke up at 6 from a very strange dream which i've forgotten...
instantly felt a burst of energy and got to work :)

gonna get another picture done as soon as I get a brainwave...this has worked so far and to keep up the level of quality i think i ought to keep doing it :)

i still think i could finish this in 2 weeks :)

in the later levels i'm thinking of changing the game play, to more frantic things...once she's out of the castle i reckon she'd probably run for it so this makes a lot of sense, especially as the castle itself is suspended above a pit into hell itself (or at least a version where sexy things happen)

so the first of such levels i think will be her running down one of the chains that helps it stay suspended...but have demons and things trying to knock her down into hell :) so still a one hit wonder :) and a bit more run or rapey :)

players might very well be growing tired of the stealth by the time level 6 is completed

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

demo updated with sound (dropbox is good that i can replace a file without it changing the link :3)

added 2/4 demo cgs (final game should have about 20)
added sex noises (once the game hits 300 sales i shall update the sex noises with some properly recorded ones by my friend rei)
i beat the cg problem i had with nun vs tentacles thanks to some advice from wolfenstahl (weird that a picture the same siize as the window port in this case is better than a huge picture shrunk down)

for those interested with the demo+ unlock file method makes patching a game really simple, i just upload a new demo :)

also i've been thinking about pricing aswell

i'm either gonna go with £3.90 or £4.65 on the blog, my margins on dlsite will be lower but dlsites cut is ridiculous to begin with :)

£3.90 nets me £2.50 per sale after paypal fees and 30% going to my sprite artist
£4.65 nets me £3 ""

at £3.90 every 30 sales is a weeks rent
at £4.65 every 25 sales is a weeks rent

poll up here

Last edited:

kilki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Love the concept, Interested in seeing the full game. As for the pricing, i really don't know but would personally go with the 4.65 one.

Almost beat lvl 2 btw

GL with it ;)

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

demo updated with sound (dropbox is good that i can replace a file without it changing the link :3)

added 2/4 demo cgs (final game should have about 20)
added sex noises (once the game hits 300 sales i shall update the sex noises with some properly recorded ones by my friend rei)
i beat the cg problem i had with nun vs tentacles thanks to some advice from wolfenstahl (weird that a picture the same siize as the window port in this case is better than a huge picture shrunk down)
The sound has a strange overlapping problem, where it sounds like multiple tracks are playing over eachother.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The sound has a strange overlapping problem, where it sounds like multiple tracks are playing over eachother.
i think i know what causes it let me see if i can fix with a 10 step check on the play sound thing...it might be triggering multiple times before the sound is played
(cause it checks if no sound is playing)

edit- it worked, will upload a fix once the final cgs are done

Last edited:

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i think i know what causes it let me see if i can fix with a 10 step check on the play sound thing...it might be triggering multiple times before the sound is played
(cause it checks if no sound is playing)

edit- it worked, will upload a fix once the final cgs are done

Also, it's impossible to pass the second level. If you manage to struggle through the gruelingly long checkpoint-less stealth section, you just get the game over screen when you enter the door. Is that just the end of the demo, because I thought it had 6 levels?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, it's impossible to pass the second level. If you manage to struggle through the gruelingly long checkpoint-less stealth section, you just get the game over screen when you enter the door. Is that just the end of the demo, because I thought it had 6 levels?
the final game will have about 10 levels, 3 of the dungeon, 3 of the castle and 4 outside and through the forest

the demo is only 2 levels but i might expand this later, though the second level is more of an example of the length of the levels, the first was more introducing each mechanic simply

(and the yellow box is a check point but i might put another in earlier once i have a clear design)

edit- added a checkpoint to the start of the 3rd floor

p.s replaced the demo with the sound fixed, shouldnt be any echo now

3/4 cgs done before dlsite announcement

Last edited:

thswherizat

Reputation score

Beat both levels. It would be nice on the second level if there was some sort of indicator about the red herring exit door. Maybe cracked ground or something? It's rather frustrating to just fall through ground that you thought would be fine to stand on. It also made me paranoid for the rest of the level.

Another checkpoint in level 2 after that first hallway of knights would be nice, that jail-beam section is a bit tricky and it was irritating having to get past the first beams and the knights just to take another stab at it.

Sound files are good, a bit out of sync for the animations. I noticed as well in the tentacles sound file you can still heal some guy huffing and puffing along.

I like your art as always, I'm not big into the whole BDSM thing so this new piece doesn't appeal to me as well. But I can't expect everything to be made according to my tastes!

As far as pricing, I'd rather pay the extra dollar if it helps you out more. In my budgeting mind, I look at everything under 5$ as one price, and everything between 5-10 in another. You could cost it 3.50 or 5.00 exactly and I'd be calculating it in the same way.

Also, I find level 1 has a bit too much walking for the amount of active sections. There's that first knight, the stationary knight (I don't quite get what he's all about) the small pit, and then beams. But we get probably 2 minutes of walking in between these areas. I bet it could be cut in half and still fit in everything you want to get across.

Also, will there be somewhere it tells you about throwing rocks? I found it out by accident, and it's almost impossible to progress without it.

EDIT: It would be nice if the checkpoint was something that wasn't an ugly yellow box. I thought it would kill me if I walked into it at first.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Beat both levels. It would be nice on the second level if there was some sort of indicator about the red herring exit door. Maybe cracked ground or something? It's rather frustrating to just fall through ground that you thought would be fine to stand on. It also made me paranoid for the rest of the level.

Another checkpoint in level 2 after that first hallway of knights would be nice, that jail-beam section is a bit tricky and it was irritating having to get past the first beams and the knights just to take another stab at it.

Sound files are good, a bit out of sync for the animations. I noticed as well in the tentacles sound file you can still heal some guy huffing and puffing along.

I like your art as always, I'm not big into the whole BDSM thing so this new piece doesn't appeal to me as well. But I can't expect everything to be made according to my tastes!

As far as pricing, I'd rather pay the extra dollar if it helps you out more. In my budgeting mind, I look at everything under 5$ as one price, and everything between 5-10 in another. You could cost it 3.50 or 5.00 exactly and I'd be calculating it in the same way.

Also, I find level 1 has a bit too much walking for the amount of active sections. There's that first knight, the stationary knight (I don't quite get what he's all about) the small pit, and then beams. But we get probably 2 minutes of walking in between these areas. I bet it could be cut in half and still fit in everything you want to get across.

Also, will there be somewhere it tells you about throwing rocks? I found it out by accident, and it's almost impossible to progress without it.

EDIT: It would be nice if the checkpoint was something that wasn't an ugly yellow box. I thought it would kill me if I walked into it at first.

in the case of the red herring i deliberately tried to lead the player there with torches, but stopped the torches just before the pit...

as for the checkpoint i just haven't decided what to use for a checkpoint yet :)

i honestly didnt think there were any male noises in my sound effects... i must check again :)

also considering the kind of game it is...you can bet i am going to cheap shot you every now and then ^^...

i'm still considering giving the player only 10-15 lives per level, not counting the last boss :)

oh yeah and the controls and the rocks will have an instructions page, lame i know but i tried to teach people with gameplay mostly

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just to check, do people mind if the gameplay shifts later on? I'm planning on having a scrolling shooter level separate the stealth levels from the fast paced levels (and i'm working on it now)

stretch goal - at 500 sales i'll add a bonus mode for you to play with shooter a bit more :) so far the system has gravity so you have to keep pushing up every now and then to keep yourself from falling off the bottom of the screen and the princess uses a charge shot :)

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just to check, do people mind if the gameplay shifts later on? I'm planning on having a scrolling shooter level separate the stealth levels from the fast paced levels (and i'm working on it now)

stretch goal - at 500 sales i'll add a bonus mode for you to play with shooter a bit more :) so far the system has gravity so you have to keep pushing up every now and then to keep yourself from falling off the bottom of the screen and the princess uses a charge shot :)
It'd add more depth to the game, but don't do it unless you know it'll come out well, and not screw over your own limit to what you placed on yourself. Either way, it'll be a fun thing to take away from the constant stealthiness of the game. I'll end up liking. Not sure on others.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

work on the shooter level is going good, two kinds of enemies so far, ones that shoot bullets that increase the strain on your magic keeping you airborne and enemies which knock you out of the sky all together :) pretty good deal

you can take a lot of bullets before you can no longer ascend and after that you'll surely plummet :)

the charge shot immediately kills the bullet pattern variety of enemy for now
allowing you to take out enemies that are lined up...
the basic bullet pattern is a main shot is fired towards you, then shoots off 4 more at 10 degree angles making a 5 way shot with an angle of 50 degrees

oooh this is fun... :D

the order goes like this

1. program more bullet patterns
2. get sprites for enemies
3. program enemy spawner
4. boss fight :D
10.PROFIT

thswherizat

Reputation score

That new picture on your blog is a lot smaller than the other ones.