What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Guro [Newface] Evil Goddess (堕邪女神)

OP
T

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I didn't do anything special to open the game, and ran it through the DRM. Are you using the newest fixed version? People were having all sorts of errors with the initial version that was sent out, but it seems most everything has been fixed with the newest version. Certainly, I could run the game free of problems.

Positive note: the godawful startup time from the 1.083 DRM has been removed.
A criticism I have is that battles with your party being tied up take far too long to progress through.
He sent me a new link, but now I'm getting an error saying it's missing the sprite file from the main character. Either there is something wrong when he encrypts the game by missing several files or my exe file doesn't decrypt everything. I just find it weird that I have these errors and you don't since the files it is missing are the most basic files.

Edit: Oh he just send me that I need to change the unicode. FYI I don't have access to his patreon since I donated before patreon even existed, so I don't know about the bugfixes posted there.

Last edited:

CZB163

Lurker
Reputation score
He sent me a new link, but now I'm getting an error saying it's missing the sprite file from the main character. Either there is something wrong when he encrypts the game by missing several files or my exe file doesn't decrypt everything. I just find it weird that I have these errors and you don't since the files it is missing are the most basic files.

Edit: Oh he just send me that I need to change the unicode. FYI I don't have access to his patreon since I donated before patreon even existed, so I don't know about the bugfixes posted there.
Hey guys, does the DRM work differently from 1.083 (where you first send him a code the DRM generates, then he gives you an extremely extraction long password) or is the creator just busy? Newface sent me the link to the updated version of 1.084 a couple days ago, but nothing else after I sent him the code generated by the DRM. I know he's probably really busy, swamped with people asking for updates and reporting bugs, but maybe there's something I'm missing?

OP
T

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys, does the DRM work differently from 1.083 (where you first send him a code the DRM generates, then he gives you an extremely extraction long password) or is the creator just busy? Newface sent me the link to the updated version of 1.084 a couple days ago, but nothing else after I sent him the code generated by the DRM. I know he's probably really busy, swamped with people asking for updates and reporting bugs, but maybe there's something I'm missing?
The last version I got has a DRM that doesn't need a code. Just send him a friendly reminder for a new link. He probably didn't send you an unlock key to you because the older version was swamped with bugs and when he fixed it he forgot about you probably.

CZB163

Lurker
Reputation score
The last version I got has a DRM that doesn't need a code. Just send him a friendly reminder for a new link. He probably didn't send you an unlock key to you because the older version was swamped with bugs and when he fixed it he forgot about you probably.
Thanks dude. I'll drop him a reminder.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did everything work once you switched language for non-unicode programs to Simplified Chinese in Control Panel?

FYI, he posted a complete English walkthrough through 1.083 made by someone named ZCCCM01 on Patreon.

Skimming through it, it looks like a lot of work was put into making the walkthrough (even including a bunch of helpful images!), should be a useful resource, some strange naming choices like Bandit = cateran notwithstanding.

CZB163

Lurker
Reputation score
Just got the code from him. Thanks, Newface!

Last edited:
OP
T

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Did everything work once you switched language for non-unicode programs to Simplified Chinese in Control Panel?

FYI, he posted a complete English walkthrough through 1.083 made by someone named ZCCCM01 on Patreon.

Skimming through it, it looks like a lot of work was put into making the walkthrough (even including a bunch of helpful images!), should be a useful resource, some strange naming choices like Bandit = cateran notwithstanding.
Yeah everything worked fine afterwards. I'm not even mad that I can't hook the text since everything in the 1.084 part is translated.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Evil Goddess' Patreon page is under review. Hopefully things can be worked out.

mellofellow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Okay I'm a bit stuck right now. So the last big thing I did was a dungeon with the bandits helping you out. Beat that boss. After that I talked to everyone (that doesn't try to kill me) ran into this lady who uses two guns. She moved outside then we fight. the thing is she is so strong that I can barely hurt them before they wipe the party. I've tried grinding at little fighting ring for levels and that is taking forever. I wonder if their is something else I am suppose to do first. Am I just stuck grinding until I beat her?

Averuncus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Future versions of this game will now have all non-consensual sex (rape) removed. Because Patreon's Trust and Safety team apparently told Newface to remove them from his page and game.

I really hope the game part is a mistake or some sort of misunderstanding.

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay I'm a bit stuck right now. So the last big thing I did was a dungeon with the bandits helping you out. Beat that boss. After that I talked to everyone (that doesn't try to kill me) ran into this lady who uses two guns. She moved outside then we fight. the thing is she is so strong that I can barely hurt them before they wipe the party. I've tried grinding at little fighting ring for levels and that is taking forever. I wonder if their is something else I am suppose to do first. Am I just stuck grinding until I beat her?
Please follow the officially sanctioned guide posted above. At that point you should be fighting her, and as I recall, this game really doesn't require grinding. Maybe it's because of the language barrier that you aren't aware of all the mechanics that you can use.

Timmy! could you update the OP with the link to the walkthrough to help new players?

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Future versions of this game will now have all non-consensual sex (rape) removed. Because Patreon's Trust and Safety team apparently told Newface to remove them from his page and game.

I really hope the game part is a mistake or some sort of misunderstanding.
lol we need to get through to newface that as long as you leave no NSFW stuff available for public viewing everything will be alright. It's mostly a front, I think? but I'm not an expert on whether Patreon is actually cracking down on in-game content.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I'm pretty sure (read: praying) that Newface is just joking about changing gameplay. The email I got with his response to the content view did seem a little silly.

mellofellow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Please follow the officially sanctioned guide posted above. At that point you should be fighting her, and as I recall, this game really doesn't require grinding. Maybe it's because of the language barrier that you aren't aware of all the mechanics that you can use.

Timmy! could you update the OP with the link to the walkthrough to help new players?
It is likely a language barrier issue. That said the only guide I found I've had to google translate. Sadly it isn't all that helpful. even after reading the translation I'm super confused. On the Patreon subject sometimes I wish someone would just release another version of Patreon without this censorship bs to worry creators.

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score
the patreon's review is a bad timing, i am busy on fixing bugs and send new version,answer the messages,the trust and saftey team of patreon make me really so tired,i think they can see your replys on my page,so be careful what the contents you say ,and i need have a rest these days and wait the page return normal,if you have somthing need contact to me,please use email if you know,i am not often login here because it looks strange and hard to open the page sometime after updated,and i also can't open the patreon page on my phone,just can see your message notice from patreon but can't reply.

Sakome

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This might be a really dumb question, but I've gotten the code and put it into the encryption application. I can open the game and play it, but I can't save it or anything. I"m assuming I missed a step or something? I've been through about 50 pages of the thread and didn't see anything, so thought I'd ask.

Edit: I see the info on Pateron about it, trying to figure it out.
Edit 2: Of course it's on page 51. I'm using an old computer that might crap out. Since it's binding to one a specific computer, I can't move it over to a newer one? And I'm guessing with the encryption I can't add the translated patches either huh?

Last edited:

NewFace

Mystic Girl
Game Developer
Reputation score
This might be a really dumb question, but I've gotten the code and put it into the encryption application. I can open the game and play it, but I can't save it or anything. I"m assuming I missed a step or something? I've been through about 50 pages of the thread and didn't see anything, so thought I'd ask.

Edit: I see the info on Pateron about it, trying to figure it out.
Edit 2: Of course it's on page 51. I'm using an old computer that might crap out. Since it's binding to one a specific computer, I can't move it over to a newer one? And I'm guessing with the encryption I can't add the translated patches either huh?
which version did you get?

Somburliss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just stumbled onto this game today, and it looks like it's right up my alley. Or at least, it would be, if not for the statement on Patreon from December that all elements of non-consent had to be removed from the game in order to comply with Patreon's Fear of Sexuality Guidelines. That's... kind of the part I want the most out of this game. Is there another platform this game is being developed on which allows non-consent? Or is the statement about removing things from the game perhaps not entirely accurate? Please PM me your response, as it would be a shame if your answer caused trouble for the developer. I'll edit this post afterwards.

Also, to confirm, it looks like the DRM prevents English translation patches through encryption? From this post, it looks like the only reliable translation method is using a program called vnr to hook the text and translate it, but only after some specific settings adjustments. If anyone else has a method they prefer I'd be happpy to hear it, otherwise I'll give this a try. Depending, of course, on the answer to my first question.