What's new

[PIXEL FACTORY[ parasite in city (RJ123294)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rg2007

Reputation score
Response time on game copy

I sent my money to him via paypal on his site and it's been about 3 days now and I haven't received my copy yet. Does anyone know his response time approximately? I loved the demo and can't wait to finish the game itself. Not to mention wait for a sequel.

Reputation score
Re: parasite in city

As someone who has whitnessed childbirth first hand... That is one fuckugly baby...

Seriously, that kid is gonna grow up to look like fucking .

Anyway, i personally love birth fetish... Not sure why, maybe it's the whole Domination aspect... Or more probably, people find it kinky because one of our natural urges is to reproduce.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Game developers don't make everything to please the mass majority of audience. They have visions and tastes just like you and they stick to them. Whether or not it should be an option to turn on/off, this isn't that type of game. This is meant to be a grim game, obviously not meant for you. As to being a bad business decision, the game seems to be doing just fine now.

Also, your comparison of hentai to real world things is a bad one.
They do if they want to make more money.

Now, there are obviously diminishing returns on this concept, and there are extremes at which artistic integrity is compromised (ex. Activision, EA). However, in a fetishist's market, your players have already gone well off the beaten path to acquire your specific product. If you say there's birthing, the players who like birthing will seek it out, whether it's in the first level, or a little box at the options screen, that says, "Show birthing in-game?". As long as it's there - regardless of how hard it is to find - they will find it.

Given this fact, why not just make it a toggled feature instead of a core issue?

In one scenario, player A frowns at the game with birthing, and player B smiles at the game with birthing.
In another, player A smiles at the game without birthing, and player B frowns, finds the "toggle birthing?" option, and then smiles.

Why cause the OVERWHELMING majority of players to frown and stomach the birthing scene, when you can just nominally inconvenience a far smaller group?

startreknerd11011011 said:
textbook703 said:
As someone who has whitnessed childbirth first hand... That is one fuckugly baby...
Yeah, I didn't know they could be that... grey? I looked into the picture a bit because I thought the baby may have been stillborn or something, but it was fine. Damn, though.

Sath

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not sure why, maybe it's the whole Domination aspect... Or more probably, people find it kinky because one of our natural urges is to reproduce.
Pretty much this.

It stretches back to olden times when fertile women who weren't pregnant were a valuable 'commodity'.
It ties into the fact that both men AND women can have rape fantasies.
To have what they hold dear despoiled and exploited by (in the context of insects), lesser creatures who quite literally cut to the chase in their bluntness. Strong beings who take what they want without regard.

As a game this was definitely money well spent. I enjoyed the variety of enemies though as he has already mentioned somewhere previously it is a short game.
But then that means it in itself can fit into an afternoon with time to spare depending on how you sail.
£9 is appropriate for the amount and quality of hentai, this artist could definitely go good places.

Leugim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Seriously, that kid is gonna grow up to look like fucking .

Anyway, i personally love birth fetish... Not sure why, maybe it's the whole Domination aspect... Or more probably, people find it kinky because one of our natural urges is to reproduce.
rofl, charming >_<

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Something is wrong in this thread.And not just for the ot.

SR500

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I love these ideas, SR500 !
The game could definitely use those. I guess including them would merely be a matter of time, and priorities. That's also what I believe the reason why this kind of stuff isn't there in the first place.
How long had Pixel Factory been working on the game anyway ? Something like 2 months, right ?

Still, the end result is amazing given such a short dev time if you ask me ...

How'd you zoom in the Omake section ? I don't see it, and I think I got the latest version of the game (exe is version 1.0.0.4)
At least in 1.02, in the Omake section, you can zoom in and out with S and D, respectively. The button guide is on the bottom of the screen.

Looking at the next page after my comment, this is not what I had intended to happen. :eek:

I think a toggle button in the omake section would be a good feature, so that those for us who do like seeing the impregnation process follow through its natural course can enjoy it. However, I do like the idea in game that certain enemies (not the zombies but other monsters) can inflict a chance of impregnating the heroine with its spawn. Just another challenge to avoid in game.

And of course, I'm all about birthing as it's shown in hentai games and other works. The real life procedure is quite messy and not fun for the mother. So the obvious fantasy image in these games are better appealing, as you can imagine. That's all.

Briggs

Lurker
Reputation score

Take me down to Parasite City,
Where the guys are green and trucks are plenty,
Oh won't you please take me home.

smithu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone who can do a non-raped run in this game can seriously have my beer. Curious that it will lead to alternative ending? :D

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone who can do a non-raped run in this game can seriously have my beer. Curious that it will lead to alternative ending? :D
I almost fucking did this. And just as I'm about to kill the boss at the end, fucker gets me. HE HAD ONE HIT LEFT, TOO!

arctic12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Given this fact, why not just make it a toggled feature instead of a core issue?
While that seems like the best option, dot pixel is probably pressed for time as it is. Manually mailing out 300+ copies of the game in addition to coding, ect is probably going to take it's toll on him. Hell, he even took the time and effort to set up a paypal site for us so we could buy the game. But if you're going down that slippery slope of removing/censoring what doesn't sit right with you, should we ban the game because it features objectification and rape of (virtual) women and as such would be considered offensive and obscene by a lot of people?

TheEye

Lurker
Reputation score

I checked here and you have the first version, for that reason you don't have the infinite health option. Download the 1.0.2 files to get it.
That's strange, because DLSite already has stated that the file is version 1.02 when I purchased it. There doesn't seem to be a separate patch downloadable anywhere on the purchase page. :(

Cracker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Game is awesome. Stage 3 is very hard though. I cannot get past the second "room" of it. Any ideas?

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'd like to write a proper guide on how to beat the game, but it's tough when it just gets swallowed in the multitude of pages. If only I was the OP :(

Maybe I'll ask Toxic if he can change that.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's a shame the FPS function was removed.
I actually like messing with that.
The 'frames-per-secend', I mean.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I'd like to write a proper guide on how to beat the game, but it's tough when it just gets swallowed in the multitude of pages. If only I was the OP :(

Maybe I'll ask Toxic if he can change that.
Why does this game need a guide? It's not as if it's difficult to navigate... :confused: :rolleyes:

Zelnik

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am hoping for more enemies and more infestation and impregnation!

Status
Not open for further replies.