What's new

RPG RPG Maker [2990 / nikukure] 灼炎の騎士 アコス=リリー / Knight of Flame Lily Akos (RE133508, RJ133508)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508|RPG]Knight of Flame Lily Akos

Cheers for that, lazycat.
The flipside is that I may have to start over from scratch. That's okay, though as I can use my notes if there's anything I've forgotten about.
Well, as I do try to be helpful, and depending on how much has already been translated, if you want to save some effort I may be able to rig up a tool that can convert the binary patch to a Trans patch (most of such a tool already exists in my unpublished 'transtools' repository; it's just not in a state where I could even begin to consider it releasable). Could you PM me the current patch and I'll see what I can do? (assuming that what you've got differs significantly to the last published version, otherwise I could just go with that)

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Could you PM me the current patch and I'll see what I can do? (assuming that what you've got differs significantly to the last published version, otherwise I could just go with that)
It's a little out of date, unfortunately. The reason I didn't publish what I have already is that I was a little unsatisfied with what I have done.
I've sent you a PM (it may actually be two, I wasn't sure if I sent it or not the first time - timeout log out).

If you could rig up such a tool it would be incredibly helpful.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a little out of date, unfortunately. The reason I didn't publish what I have already is that I was a little unsatisfied with what I have done.
I've sent you a PM (it may actually be two, I wasn't sure if I sent it or not the first time - timeout log out).

If you could rig up such a tool it would be incredibly helpful.
Got both PMs. Just as a note for anyone hoping that I will release the tool in question: the reason why I've never released it is that the heuristics it uses always need tweaking for each game, so it can never be a 'complete and bug free' tool. Also the heuristics don't always work. I will however try to get something that works on this game+patch up and running soon.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Progress is being made.
I'd like to enlist some aid in translation if I may, for two lines.

First one is this:
楽しい花見
For which I have:
Pure Maiden

That's a very loose reinterpretation of what every tool is telling me. I would like something a little more readable than either "Fun Hanami" or "Fun while watching cherry blossoms"... I mean, what? It's probably something to do with the canon ending, but I just don't understand what it actually means.

Secondly, this one:
アコスちゃんも皆も幸せそうにしてて良いデスね!
Now, I do recognise the "Akos-Chan" at the beginning, so that's not an issue. It's what follows afterwards that I don't get.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dunno about the first one, but that phrase could make sense as "Akos-chan, as well as everybody else, should be happy, right?"

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You're amazing. Thank you!

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't like constantly requesting others to work something out for me (I can do most of this myself), but there are some things I just can't come to grips with.

For instance, this: 『シズニー初心者』になった

But there also this: 零氷のアコチャー, which is one of the skill trees you can get in this game.

Lastly, 古代の武道家, which I assume is to do with a Knight of Something or Other.

I'm closing in on the last three thousand lines of the Scripts sheet (yes, that is something significant to me, as there was close on 10,000 lines when I started), and in an effort to maintain my sanity, I'm also doing little bits of the various map files as well.

As this is an ongoing effort, perhaps I should move it to the Translations thread.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The first one is a title or something? Something like "became a Shizuni apprentice ". I don't know if that's a word in the game, but google's first result gave me this

where the word seems to be Czisny. I literally have no idea.

The second seems to be an ice skill... Man some game devs seem to just use random names for enemies/skills/items to make them sound cool... Akocha of zero ice? that zero ice is probably meant to be "absolute zero" now that I think about it.

3rd one is "ancestral monk" or something.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

The first one is a title or something? Something like "became a Shizuni apprentice ". I don't know if that's a word in the game, but google's first result gave me this

where the word seems to be Czisny. I literally have no idea.
It's the name of Akos' 'lover' she failed to save in prologue.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So it's basically Shizu ni Apprentice? Still doesn't make sense (to me). And I have no idea what Czisny means either.
Both those definitions I got from Microsoft translations and Google respectively.

Lazycat, I thought of that too but as I said above, it didn't make much sense to me when I broke it up to directly reference Shizu.

Shizu is the only character throughout the entire game who calls her "Ako", as she does a few times in the prologue... so I do think there's something there that wasn't properly explored in the game. Oh well.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

So it's basically Shizu ni Apprentice? Still doesn't make sense (to me). And I have no idea what Czisny means either.
Both those definitions I got from Microsoft translations and Google respectively.

Lazycat, I thought of that too but as I said above, it didn't make much sense to me when I broke it up to directly reference Shizu.

Shizu is the only character throughout the entire game who calls her "Ako", as she does a few times in the prologue... so I do think there's something there that wasn't properly explored in the game. Oh well.
Shizunii is Shizu's actual name, Akos just call her by Shizu nickname?

Anyway that title appears with the first masturbation scene so it's probably something related to that.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Before I forget: Thanks again, elfloren.

Shizunii is Shizu's actual name, Akos just call her by Shizu nickname?

Anyway that title appears with the first masturbation scene so it's probably something related to that.
Woot, thanks ^^ I feel like I'm beginning to understand these things even more. I'll be finishing off the Scripts sheet throughout this week as well as some of the map files.

There's one that weighs in at a whopping 1MB. All text. That's... going to take a while.

Last edited:

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Squark you are doing such a great job and i am eager to play the game completely in english again :) its so much more rewarding i think.

If some words arent spelled correctly or some spells it doesnt matter i think since most of the players cant read japanese anyway.
Also i think if you ask some guys for help just for some parts its getting further more quickly and both sides have something from it.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, I'm over the cold I had and back on the job. Thankfully I still remember where I left off.

But... Engrish translations aren't helping, so I once again turn to you for help.

These ones are title changes:

デカちん好き
Microsoft translation says "The big Chin like"
Google says "Deca Lantern Love"
Babylon agrees with Google.

If I put a space here: デカちん 好き
Google says "Big Penis Favourite" while MS still says something about Chin.
I think that may be it, but it's too big to fit inside (heh) the text area. Might change it to "Wang Lover".

This one:
べーすけの嫁
Has ImTranslator scratching its head. I got "Wife of databasesabout" from MSTrans and "Based only daughter-in-law of", so obviously they haven't come across something like this yet, but have had people translate "Big Penis Favourite".

This one isn't a title change:
うねうね君敗北
All I've got is something about wounded defeated in battle. Some clarity is needed here.

I really want to do this right. And justice. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But... Engrish translations aren't helping, so I once again turn to you for help.
From the top

デカちん好き = Big Penis Lover - with Big being descriptive of penis size, rather than amount of love
べーすけの嫁 = Not 100% certain, but I'm translating this as Base Loving Girl, but there's at least one other way I could translate it. Do you know how you get this title? Or where I could find it in the patch to look at other stuff...
うねうね君敗北 = EDIT: See Lazycat's translation. Didn't think this one through when I translated it.

Also shouldn't this very conversation be in the Translations thread? Darkfire is keen that all of the actual translation stuff goes there.

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know how it's obtained, so far I've only come across it in Scripts.rvdata so I haven't done the map file with the trigger yet.

And you're right. It should be in the TL thread. I'll get that done now.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

うねうね君敗北 = uneune kun 'defeated'

uneune usually refers to either tentacle or slime.

.- . Although I'm not sure if the uneune here just refers to tentacle/slime in general or a specific monster.

If it's the former, then it can be something like "lost to mr.squiggly"
The latter then make a cute-ish nickname for the monster that give that title.

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Every time I look at this thread you've made a little step of progress.

It's like that scene in Ice Cold in Alex, if anyone has ever seen that rather old film, when they're using the hand crank to slowly crawl their lorry up a sand dune. Getting close to the top now :)

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Or, you know... Not.