What's new

RPG RPG Maker [2990 / nikukure] 灼炎の騎士 アコス=リリー / Knight of Flame Lily Akos (RE133508, RJ133508)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508|RPG]Knight of Flame Lily Akos

so what's new?

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't know, but I appear to be stuck.
The blondie in Fels Mark gave me a quest that I think is "Lame Hagen II (blahblahcan'tunderstandjapaneseblahblah)", so I paid attention to the picture, talked to Miru (or Mil, whatever) and... nothing happened. Been all over all three towns, and everywhere I can get to on the world map.
I'm sure I've missed something.
If ti matters, I killed the Rapist after getting it decursed and getting the Bad End token.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I poke through this and guess what I find? The names in the dialogue are contained in the Events themselves. That's a huge workload and needless extra typing. Could have just used \N[x] like most of the other games I've had a look at.

vulcan300

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm at Quest 17, how can you guys kill that blue hair girl in the Emerald cave? :| I'm at level 33 and just one Blizaga/Thundaga (or perharp Holy? since it has light) and it instant kill me. I think i will need HP over 300 to kill her :|
done, 1 of the 50 bp skill seems to increase defense and magic defense, her magic is super weak now...
now it's the yellow hair girl, her magic is totally imba, and that skill i talked about earlier didn't work again... this game is hard...

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmmm... let me boot up my copy and get back to you.
I have emerald marked on the map, but am not sure which boss it is you're talking about. Have been preoccupied. I'll see about this one, though.

* I'd love it if someone could do a trans of just the quest images. That would be aces. Actually transing the images themselves.

** Oh and it seems I always and automagically fail the mission when Akos has to go back to Snow Flake to investigate strange sounds or something and finds a hidden dungeon under the mayor's house. What gives?!

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a few questions. I'm attempting to have a go at a partial with this, but I'm in need of some help.
Specifically:
Terms/Elements/11 (I got "Cheuk-Yan" thrown at me)
States/027 (I couldn't get anything on this, my connection crapped out)
Enemies/15,26 and 28 *

* My brother got into my attempt and changed one to "Retarded Shellfish". It's kind of tempting to leave it at that, but...
The other two enemies come back as "Tsurupeta Helper" and "Tsurupeta Round". I'm almost certain that's wrong.

If anyone can give me these, I'd be extremely grateful.
Changing the names in the dialogue would actually be more of a full trans, though.

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'd love to assist, seriously, but with my almost peerless ineptitude for foreign languages you'd be better off looking for help at the local special ed. school. I'd be eternally grateful for a partial though, even with oddities like that.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Terms/Elements/11 (I got "Cheuk-Yan" thrown at me)
States/027 (I couldn't get anything on this, my connection crapped out)
Enemies/15,26 and 28 *

* My brother got into my attempt and changed one to "Retarded Shellfish". It's kind of tempting to leave it at that, but...
The other two enemies come back as "Tsurupeta Helper" and "Tsurupeta Round". I'm almost certain that's wrong.
I'm almost certain those enemies are transliterations into Japanese, but darned if I can figure out what the original words are.

No Tsu Bae Ra
Noppera
No~Tsupera

Those are the transliterations I've gotten out of them, but those don't remind me of any English words. I suppose the original could be Spanish or some other language. I wonder too if the words are switched around, "Round Noppera" and "Assistant Noppera" might be more correct if we can figure out what Noppera means.

The shellfish looks the same.
Remurutaru

I typed out a bunch of variations on this, taking into account that the R's might be L's and any vowel, especially U might be a place holder, but still nothing struck me.
lamurtal
lamultar
ramultar
ramultal
remurtal

Those almost sound like words don't they?

Element 11: Burning Flame
Google chokes on the first character, but translates the second as Flame.
Bing says the second is "Inflammatory Disease", but translates the first as Burning.
I suppose it could be "Burning Rash", but I really hope it isn't.

State 27:
Now this is interesting. It's the same as Element 11 with the addition of this character:

Code:
化
Google:  Of 
Microsoft:  Of
Babylon: (Hira=u304b) change; chemistry, study of the elements and compounds that can be made from them 
n (Hira=u304bu3059u308b) change into, convert into; transform, change, convert; be reduced; influence, affect; improve, make better 
SDL: -ization  
Honyaku: 化 
Google TL: Ka
I suppose the simplest would be "On Fire". But it might also mean changed into flame.

I haven't actually played this game yet, so I'm lacking the context on all of these.

Well, that the most I can do at the moment, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, Goomba. That's quite extensive and clearly laid out.
I had a closer look at the sprite for the Shellfish and it almost looks like a sunbathing Nyanko without any legs... >.<
This is exactly what I was looking for!

* Progress Report:
Actors: Almost inconsequential, the dialogue doesn't references these. Did them anyway.
Classes: I'd say about 90%, just some descriptions to finish.
Items: Roughly 75%, some names and descriptions left.
Weapons: About 40%, see above.
Armour: Likewise.
Enemies (I made the mistake of starting with the "Troops" information, so less done here): about 33%
States: Thanks to Goomba, 95% complete. Just descriptions left.
Terms: 100%, again thanks to Goomba.
Common Events: There's largely just image references in here, I shouldn't have to touch them.
Scripts: Quite a bit left here, and some cleanup, ~25%.
UI and Status: 100%
Akos' nicknames: about 10%. Have to find the rest of these.

Last edited:

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Progress Report
Weapons now 100%, including descriptions
Armours now @75%, including descriptions

* I'd be further along, but I went and enjoyed my week off. Now back to work on this when I have the time ^^

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Nothing wrong with that, you guys are awesome.
Maybe I'll give this another spin once I have some kind of clue what I'm doing.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Armours Finished
Items 75%
Names of the Skill Trees 100%
Skills within those trees 50%
Achievements (ugh... so many...) 10% approx
Akos' Nicknames still to be found
UI layout corrected (text encroaching on numbers)

This is where I'm at. Now I have to see a man about a LAN.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not dead, just have scant free time to work on this, plus I have a bruised fingertip.
Update
World Map choices & text now in English
Blaggable items in Fels Mark now in English *
Skills from trees 100%
Enemies 80%~
Other skills 75%~
Advisory text (I will do this, it's necessary) just started

Presently I don't have any plans to trans the dialogue. I might do it, just noot first.
The advisory text regarding the Ancient Medals is repetitive. On every single one of them it runs a check to see if it's your first. That's going to be frustrating. How many are there? 70?
I still seem to autofail the quest that has you return to Snow Flake Mayor's house and find a hidden basement. Some help would be appreciated.
The items on pickup I will do, but will take some time. They're referenced in dialogue instead of using \I[n], just like the character names in the dialogue not using \N[n].

So that's it for now.
EDIT: I have a couple of days off next week, so I expect to make a little more progress.
Once I've finished the enemies and skills pages, I'll make a first draft and let it out for corrections and alterations. Each subsequent build will have something else that isn't finished yet.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not to plug my own tools, or rather to totally do so, you are aware that RPGMaker Trans will bunch up all repeated text (so use it to translate one of your 70-odd repeated medal texts, and it'll translate all of them)? (Note: I'm not entirely sure if RPGMaker Trans will work with this game, as it's VX Ace and VX Ace support is still at beta-level, but if it doesn't now, it should do this weekend when the latest patches land)

alonditebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

...I still seem to autofail the quest that has you return to Snow Flake Mayor's house and find a hidden basement. Some help would be appreciated.
On the first playthrough, you're going to fail this. No way around it. But, once you've beaten the game with any ending and come back to this point during a New Game +, you'll be able to enter the stairs. You really need to be lvl 70+ and have all the best gear though b/c it's cheap hard.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah okay. So I don't need to tear my hair out over it then.
habisain said:
VX Ace support is still at beta-level, but if it doesn't now, it should do this weekend when the latest patches land
Just to be on the safe side, I'll wait for it to be patched. A shameless plug, habisain, but a useful one nonetheless.
Thanks for the reminder.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally into the home stretch for the first draft.
I've just a few more skills to do, but will need someone to find Akos' nicknames. I've spent so much time poking through (just about) everything and (just about) every event I can find but I can't find them.

So, what's left before I release V1?
H Attacks and some other skills
Some floating Japanese Text in the Status Pages

Future builds:
Achievements
Some dialogue
Blaggable items in other locations than Fels Mark

I did a little extra work and made a rough translation of the opening story. It explains the basic premise of the game, but requires a little thought to join the story and where the game begins.

I would have done this post yesterday, but couldn't get to ULMF because of a DNS error.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, I do appreciate that ^^;
By the way, has anyone else noticed that the latest post on his has a picture tagged 2023/10/30?
Really giving themselves some leeway with that...

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nicknames are usually changed inside the h-events. It can be either on map events or common events. Where ever it is, it looks like this.

When you find it, you need to edit it and translate it.