What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

so no link if i don t pay? ok.......if i find a new job i llbecome a patreon them sigh

pstone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

Yes, exchanging money for goods is how products usually work
Speaking of which: any estimate on when the game will be finished?

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

can you donate using gift cards

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Speaking of which: any estimate on when the game will be finished?
Not yet, sorry! With Crisis Point being my first major product, I'm not really comfortable giving release estimates yet - not until the project is very near completion. Luckily, with the funding I have now, I'm able to outsource a lot of the work that I'm not great at, which saves a lot of time. The rest of the game should hopefully happen a lot faster now that I'm getting back in the groove! Our next game should be a lot faster too, since I'll have way more experience then.

@nightshad - I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no to that one, sorry. Supporting donations outside of Patreon with Patreon-like rewards would complicate the process by a lot, especially once it came time to send out the final game to supporters. However - assuming the lack of your own debit/credit card is the issue - now that Patreon supports Paypal (even for NSFW content), maybe you'd be able to find a prepaid Paypal card?

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not yet, sorry! With Crisis Point being my first major product, I'm not really comfortable giving release estimates yet - not until the project is very near completion. Luckily, with the funding I have now, I'm able to outsource a lot of the work that I'm not great at, which saves a lot of time. The rest of the game should hopefully happen a lot faster now that I'm getting back in the groove! Our next game should be a lot faster too, since I'll have way more experience then.

@nightshad - I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no to that one, sorry. Supporting donations outside of Patreon with Patreon-like rewards would complicate the process by a lot, especially once it came time to send out the final game to supporters. However - assuming the lack of your own debit/credit card is the issue - now that Patreon supports Paypal (even for NSFW content), maybe you'd be able to find a prepaid Paypal card?
Oh my gift card would have been/be a prepaid VISA gift card. its a CC its what i used in all my online purchases also protects my fam from fraud. lose a gift card its only a gift card. lose a CC and.... yeah we all know what sht can go wrong when that happens. happened before so i got to be careful not trying to apply anything Anon.

only CC i have is in my parents name so yeah. not sure how there feel about me using it to buy..... you know >.> would NOT go well with them. dont need the headahe so unless i can get a gift cc this year. i cant donate to you D: wish there was something we can work out ><

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey everybody! I'm gonna have a treat for non-patrons at some point in the next week or so, but right now I just wanted to let you all know that we've been streaming on the regular again, about twice a week. We schedule it ahead of time based on Orexius's work schedule, so I'll be posting it here every week. Next week's streams will be on Wednesday and Thursday, starting at around 1 pm EST and going until whenever we feel like it, really (although it's usually at least until 5). If you're interested, you can follow my picarto account - - and get email notifications whenever I start streaming, too. Hope to see some of ya there!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Today's stream just ended! In an effort to include people who don't watch streams more, I'll be posting what we did during the stream after every stream, so everybody knows what's being done. Here's what happened today:

-I spent the entire stream updating level designs for both the Summit and the Caves. Each area has new hazards now; Tar Pools/Tarfalls in the Summit that slow Alicia to a crawl if she tries to go through them, and small thorny plants along the Cave's walls, floors, and ceilings that also slow down Alicia and damage her if she tries to run through them. They also prevent her from grabbing ledges, if the plant happens to be up against one.
-Orexius spent this stream finishing up the new NEW run cycle, which is pretty much finished now! We still need to add in shooting-while-running poses, but Alicia's run cycle and her stand-to-run and run-to-stand transitions are both completed for both clothed and torn clothing variations. I'll be sharing these animations on here very soon.

EDIT: No new posts in the topic yet, so instead of bumping I'll just edit this one. We had another stream today, and it was a super productive one! Here's what we did today:
-Added falling ghost platforms to the Summit
-Fixed bug with doors sometimes not opening when shot
-Player should no longer be able to shoot through the Sentry's shield at very specific positions
-Player can no longer loop the Sentry by standing in a very specific spot near them and shooting their shield to make them cancel and begin shield bashing repeatedly
-Added more of the new plants to the Caves
-Added a light source to said plants to make them easier to see in dark areas
-Reduced overall darkness level across the game a bit
-Fixed a bug where Alicia gets stuck in ceilings if dashing into an enemy close to said ceiling
-Implemented toggle for male sex moans
-Retiled some more Summit rooms with the new background tiles

Last edited:

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Glad to see progress going so steadily forward, great job!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Glad to see progress going so steadily forward, great job!
Thanks! Trust me, I'm just as relieved as everyone else that I'm getting back to normal and steadily working on the game again. Things were rough for a while but we're back in full force now.

Speaking of full force..

I've been meaning to get this to you guys for a while, since I know the Alraune is a fan favorite - I just kept getting distracted, and I wanted to make sure there were no weird compression artifacts like the last scene where certain letters of text disappeared entirely. Hope you enjoy!

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome, is it the same one as in the Patreon build? Also, any ETA on the new reward tiers/rewards such as the gallery?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Awesome, is it the same one as in the Patreon build? Also, any ETA on the new reward tiers/rewards such as the gallery?
Yep! There are no differences between the video I uploaded and the version currently in the game, although I will be adding voice acting for the Alraune during the scene soon.

As for the new reward tiers and the gallery, I plan on pushing to get them out very soon after this next update, v.28, which should be coming near the end of this month, or the beginning of next month if it takes a bit longer than expected. I want to focus on getting the real updates out but then all of my efforts will be on getting the gallery ready to go and distributed.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Glad to see your progress is normalizing into a nice steady rhythm for the most part. No doubt everyone's happy about that :D.
Now, with you back on track and in full force, I think...

IT'S TIME FOR THIS PROJECT TO GO FULL STEAM AHEAD

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Glad to see your progress is normalizing into a nice steady rhythm for the most part. No doubt everyone's happy about that :D.
Now, with you back on track and in full force, I think...

IT'S TIME FOR THIS PROJECT TO GO FULL STEAM AHEAD
CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS LET'S GOOO

also we're about to start streaming if you're interested in that kind of thing c:

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to edit in the results of today's stream for a bit, sorry about that! Here's what we got done today:
-Added particles to Slimes when you shoot them for visual flair
-Reworked Wire Shot platforms so that they can be pulled no matter where you hook them, instead of only the center
-Began rework of 1st boss fight
-Fixed a bug where pausing in a boss room resets the boss trigger, allowing a boss fight to 'start' multiple times
-Glowing crystals in the Caves now give force charge if you shoot them
-Orexius continued work on the new running-while-shooting variants of the new running animation

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

'Nother stream about to start if anyone wants to join in!

We also just made some updates to our goals on Patreon, which you can read about in detail here:

Stream results will be edited into this post after the stream~

EDIT: Stream's over everyone. Was in a bit of a rut today so we didn't get a ton done, but we still made some progress. Here's what we did:
-Continued reworking the first boss fight
-Gave Alicia a unique 'gun' while using the Wire Shot, instead of her normal gun
-Started implementing the new running animations
-Fixed several bugs
-Orexius continued the run-while-shooting rework, which is almost done now, and also started work on a new ledge grab pose to replace the old, unfinished one

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hey everybody, got an update on the future of Crisis Point today.

I don't know how many of you have heard about it, but Patreon recently updated their guidelines on adult content - specifically, they clarified many things so there's less ambiguity, and chief among those, adult content involving rape, incest, bestiality, or loli/shota are no longer allowed on Patreon. There's a huge can of worms we could get into regarding these rules, but as many of you know, Crisis Point has elements of non-con and bestiality. Non-con is an element of the game as a whole - though, to be honest, it's a very minor one. With the lore we have set up, Alicia is always at least a little willing to have sex, even if her primary focus is her mission. Bestiality is a bit trickier, since two of the enemies in the game are undeniably breaking that rule - the Insects, and the Hellhound. Yes, bugs count as bestiality, even if they're giant. With our current content, funding through Patreon is a ticking timebomb, and because of it we're going to be taking steps to alter our content so we no longer break the rules.

Before I get into the specifics of what's changing, I just want to emphatically state that I am not interested in trying to "get around the rules" by trying to find loopholes or keeping the forbidden content a secret. Crisis Point is my only income, and while those workarounds might allow us to keep this content temporarily, it is in no way a good solution when I rely on Patreon to survive and have absolutely no savings to speak of. Please understand and respect this. With that out of the way, here's a copy-paste from our Discord server, detailing all of the changes we have planned:

For those of you just joining us here in the discord, here's a recap of everything that's happening with Crisis Point regarding Patreon's new stance on adult games.
-We will be removing the Hellhound from the game, and replacing it with a more alien-like enemy in the future. The sex scenes and CG will stay mostly the same, just with a new enemy design that shifts away from bestiality. The Hellhound's CG was going to be added this update, and since this update is so close to being done, I'm hoping that we can fly under the radar just long enough to get this update with all of the Hellhound's sex content out - then in the next update, we'll be removing him. This will rely entirely on everybody staying quiet about the Hellhound's existence though, so I would appreciate your silence on the matter.
-The insects will be staying mostly the same, but they will get a small update to their design and colour scheme to make them appear more alien. Unlike the hellhound, their design won't be changing much though, so I don't expect to have to remove them from the game for an update or two.
-We'll be making some alterations to the game's overall non-con content; to be more precise, we'll be taking the existing story element of the planet's atmosphere enhancing libido and cranking it up to 11. Alicia will be horny the entire game, and every sex scene will be canonically consensual. In addition, we'll likely be removing the "knockdown" mechanic from the game, and making sex a positive thing you CHOOSE to do instead of a potential punishment you get by failing. I don't have definitive plans on how to implement this, but my current idea is that you gain HP by having sex with enemies, and you have to initiate the scene yourself instead of getting KO'd to get in a scene. This change falls 100% in line with my plans for the game to begin with, so I'm not upset about having to make it at all - in fact I think it'll make the game better.
One final thing I want to stress here, I am not interested in finding a way around these changes. A LOT of people have tried to give me ideas on how I could get around changing the game, but this is not something I want to do. I'm not interested in ignoring their rules and hoping I fly under the radar; I'm not trying to make illegal games here, I just want to enjoy making this and any future games through Patreon, and I'll be following their rules to make it happen.

Update on the Hellhound situation. Lustfire didn't finish the CG and he's on vacation now for two weeks or something like that, so unfortunately we will not be including the Hellhound CG in this coming update before removing the Hellhound. Can't release something that doesn't exist.
For those of you worried about these being only the beginning of changes, please don't worry - these are the ONLY changes we plan on making, as Crisis Point doesn't fall that far outside of the new guidelines to begin with. The only way we'd change anything more is if Patreon further clamped down on us and forced it, which I believe to be highly unlikely. There's not much else they could ask other than banning adult content entirely, and we're not about to make this game SFW.

If anyone has questions about any of this, please don't hesitate to ask here. For those of you that are Patrons, PLEASE don't talk about any of this on patreon - many of us H-devs are convinced Patreon is using a bot to search for keywords ("bestiality", "rape", "non-con", "incest", etc) and suspending pages that have those words anywhere. Someone's patreon page was suspended for having a disclaimer at the top of their overview stating (truthfully) that they DON'T have bestiality, incest, rape, etc in their game, and simply having that disclaimer got them flagged. Right now, I'm trying to be as careful as possible to stay under the radar while we transition, to avoid losing income, which would lead to immense stress, which would lead to less time spent doing anything productive, etc.

Alright, that's about it for this subject. Today should also have a game update release in a bit, in which the Hellhound will be removed and the Insects will have their redesign. If any of you want the most updated content possible, I highly recommend either pledging and downloading v.27 Hotfix 1 through patreon, or trying to find a download for it somewhere online, as that will be the last version with both of their original forms intact. Thanks for your time everyone, and to those disappointed in the upcoming changes, I truly am sorry. I wouldn't change existing content like this unless it was necessary.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(Here’s a copy-paste from Crisis Point’s Patreon page, detailing the changes of the update that was released today for $5 and $10 patrons!)

Heyo everyone. As promised, today is the release for v.28 of Crisis Point! Unfortunately there’s no new sexual content this update, but that doesn’t mean it’s a small update. I’m pretty tired right now so I’m going to keep this overall post pretty brief, but let’s look at the changes, shall we?

UPDATE V.28 CHANGES
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Intro sequence added
-Improve the first boss battle (slightly)
-Continue redesigning old levels with new, more interesting challenges and hazards
-Finish replacing the royalty free music
-Rework some of Alicia’s animations with better proportions and details
-Add in Boom Shot bullet chip
-New functionality added to the Wire Shot to make it more exciting
-Fix more minor issues

One thing of particular note is the “slightly” part of the first boss. The original goal was to rework both the first AND second boss battles; that ended up being too much, so I moved it down to reworking the first boss. The problem was, I was struggling to find ways to make him more interesting to fight early on - Alicia’s moveset is pretty limited when you encounter, so I was having trouble coming up with new ideas that complimented the gameplay. Near the end of v.28 development, I decided to scrap most of what I had done with his rework, because I got a much better idea - unfortunately that lead to his rework not being all that extravagant (he has two new moves that make it harder to find “safe spots” in the arena, so you have to stay mobile), but in the next update it should be much more impressive. If you guys want I can detail what my plans are for him, but otherwise I’ll keep it under wraps so it can be a surprise.

That’s the only major thing worth noting in these patch notes, so let’s move on to our v.29 goals.

UPDATE v.29 GOALS
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Implement save system
-Implement basic gallery system
-Improve the 2nd boss battle
-Finish retiling and redesigning Summit area
-Implement Charge Shot secondary chip
-Prepare for new public demo release
-Fix more minor issues

Most of these speak for themselves, but the two MAJOR things that everyone has been clamoring for since the beginning of time immemorial are a real, honest-to-god save system, and a gallery system. For now, the gallery system will probably be purely menu-based, only accessible from the main menu, and have everything unlocked from the beginning - we’ll see if I can get it fully functional along with the save system, but for now let’s assume it’ll be pretty simple.

As for the save system, fair warning right now that I will NOT be officially supporting save data transfer between versions - it’s certainly possible that save data will work fine between different game versions, but there are too many variables that could potentially lead to weird problems there, so if you run into any problems with it in the future that’s probably why.

Alright, that’s enough out of me for now. My focus in the immediate future will be getting that gallery created for the new $5 tier, and as soon as that’s done we’ll get cracking on v.29 proper. Thank you, as always, for the support that all of you give me - I wouldn’t be here without all of you.
-A42

-Boss 3 now has properly implemented damage shaders
-Alicia can no longer dash into a wall and then double jump to fit through tight corridors
-Minimap no longer shows up when in the middle of an H-scene
-Scientists that have started a Vial attack will no longer still throw the vile after H-scenes begin
-Alicia now has a fancy special effect when dashing
-Collisions with some slanted ceilings have been improved
-Tentacles can no longer be shot when they’re fully underground
-Proper footstep sounds have been added for most different surfaces Alicia can walk on
-Alicia’s midair jump sound effect now has a higher pitch than a ground jump
-Particle effects added to bone platforms
-Fixed bug where doors sometimes don’t open when shot
-Fixed the Curse Orb’s hitbox not moving with the orb itself
-Slimes now have particle effects when shot
-Pausing in boss rooms no longer resets boss triggers, resulting in bosses ‘starting’ multiple times
-Alicia now has a separate gun graphic for using the Wire Shot
-Alicia can now dash away from a ledge while ledge grabbing
-Changes were made to the system that governs whether Alicia is in normal or shooting poses. “Shooting” poses no longer end unless the player stands still for a lengthy period, or does certain actions that automatically end the shooting pose
-Fixed rare bug where Alicia gets stuck if she dashes in the same frame as she enters water
-Allowing sex scenes to finish will now heal Alicia, scaling up based on her maximum HP
-Alicia’s arm is no longer flipped upside down while shooting directly up while facing left in the run-to-stand transition animation

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Or you know, you could just put everything back in a non-patreon update, once the game is finished? I mean, the "this is my monthly income and I have no savings" part of your message almost makes it look like you are not planning on a release any time soon, so you know, that's not too positive :/ ( I ain't gonna go on the patreon-milking subject, don't worry ;) )