What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
have you considered patreon alternatives such as hatreon?
If you mean "considered" as in "have I thought about them", then yes. If you mean as in "would you use them", then definitely not, at least not until Patreon completely kicks us off.
To be real with you, I don't believe at all that Patreon WANTS to do this to us. Everything they've done and said has made me believe that they do care about us adult creators, they're just being pushed by their payment processors, and without those processors Patreon would be dead overnight. They're in just as hard of a situation as we are now, maybe even more so. Even if I didn't have faith in them, there is zero reason to believe that any other Patreon-like service promising complete freedom of content wouldn't eventually end up censoring us anyway - the censorship is all coming from the same place, way higher up the foodchain than Patreon themselves, and short of having at least a few billion dollars to fight the entire payment industry, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Ryuukun - You're not the first person to suggest that, and I'll say the same thing - it's not completely out of the question, but it's not likely considering the amount of work that might have to go into re-implementing them. If there were ever cutscenes that referred to the replaced enemies, those scenes would need to be rerecorded by all the voice actors. Our actress for Alicia is also unwilling to do bestiality scenes, so any scenes involving sex with them would forever go unvoiced, even if they were added back in. If we need more assets for those old enemies, we would also have to take care of that. Maybe the Hellhound replacement ends up being someone else's favorite enemy, and they'd be super sad if it was replaced later. So yeah, i's not entirely impossible to replace them later, but it's unlikely. One final note is that I was already planning on moving away from bestiality after Crisis Point - it's in a super weird grey area legally, and I'm not entirely comfortable tiptoeing around that, not to mention I'm not really into it myself. Non-con is also something I was going to move away from, not for legal reasons but more because I want to move towards sex as a gameplay reward rather than something you get for losing.

As for the second part of your message, I'm not really sure what about that implies we aren't planning on a release soon, but I guess that's not a big deal, since no, we're not gearing up for a final version all that soon. I'd love to say we're near completion - and if I was happier with the old artwork and such we probably would be - but with all of the animations and art being redone and the level design being improved across the board, I'm afraid we're still a ways off. Before anyone complains about that, don't forget that the first 1 1/2 years of this game's development were essentially 100% solo, releasing sizable content updates every month. The only help I got during that time was from Orexius with the tilesets. It's only in the past year or so that I've been able to afford hiring more people to help, and most of them have been doing things that I'm awful at or incapable of (music, sound effects, CGs) rather than aiding in the parts I do, so even now it's still mostly a one man job. Making quality games is a long process, and it's only made longer by my relative inexperience - something that I expect will be MUCH less of a problem in my future work - but with all of the support and love people have given me, I want to make sure Crisis Point becomes the game everyone deserves, not some half-assed thing I rush out because people expect it out soon.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Have you ever considered doing something like Samus's Varia Suit? Not only would it give the player a way to reduce incoming damage, but it'd also give you a good transition for a volcano level or something similar. It could look like extra body armor that would disappear with clothing damage so that you don't have to remake any animations to compensate.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Anon42 Alright. :) Like I said, I didn't want to go on the patreon-milking way, because it would be unfair to judge you like that. Your message reassured me, and this means you are doing your dev' job well. ;)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Have you ever considered doing something like Samus's Varia Suit? Not only would it give the player a way to reduce incoming damage, but it'd also give you a good transition for a volcano level or something similar. It could look like extra body armor that would disappear with clothing damage so that you don't have to remake any animations to compensate.
Sadly that would still require remaking animations, man. Even if it was only armor pieces layered over her existing outfit, and not a full suit, it would need to be animated for every single one of Alicia's actions, which would take a long time. We're not planning on adding in any upgrades that visually change Alicia because of it, we just don't have the necessary art/animation muscle.

Ryuukun <3

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(Copy pasted from Patreon~)

Hey everyone! I didn't expect to be able to make this post so soon, but the last touches for it ended up going a lot smoother than I expected, so here we are!

Crisis Point's standalone gallery is complete and available now for $5 patrons! I'll be handling gallery releases just like the main Crisis Point releases, with one public post detailing the new things and changes (which I will post everywhere, not just on Patreon), and then a post right after exclusively on Patreon with the actual download. I can't guarantee the two will always come out at the same time, but whenever the main game gets an update with new sprite sex scenes, a gallery update will come shortly after it with the same content.

This first gallery release includes:|
-Every sprite sex scene in v.28, including both regular enemies and boss fight scenes
-The ability to play whatever song from the soundtrack you like, or to just mute the music entirely
-Separate options to mute Male enemy voice clips, Female enemy voice clips, or Alicia's voice clips
-Controls that allow you to change between phases of H-scenes, change between normal/BE scenes, add a second enemy for enemies that have duo scenes, end an H-scene whenever you like, and a toggle to turn off automatic progression of H-scenes so you can go through it at whatever pace you like
-Controls are designed in a way to be controlled one-handed, with left and right handed options (WSAD or Arrow keys)

What the gallery does NOT and will not include:
-Actual gameplay or level design from the main game
-CGs and their related Game Over scenes
-Customizable controls

Along with the release of the gallery, we're officially changing our Patreon tiers to the new setup we talked about a while ago. For anyone who doesn't remember those, we'll be removing the playable beta from the $5 tier and replacing it with this standalone gallery. The $5 tier will no longer be limited, of course. In addition, the $10 tier will be getting a new reward in the form of a folder containing 1080p versions of every CG in the game, including all of their variations. I'll probably be bundling the game updates with the CG pack from here on, but for now they'll be separate files, since v.28 is already out. I'm waiting on Lust to get me one final CG but after that I'll be uploading that here too for $10 patrons.

Alright, I think that's about all I have to say for now. For patrons at the appropriate tiers, the download links will be up shortly!

For those of you who aren't pledging but want to get one or both of these rewards, you can find our patreon campaign here:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
-Patreon rule changes-
All this managed to slip by me. I don't understand how aliens and tentacle monsters don't fall under bestiality - Not that I'm complaining because if it were up to me, the content would be that exclusively.
I think it's worth noting that the changes to the context of the H-content - that she's horny all the time due to chemical influence - could still be construed as non-consensual. It'd be reaching, but there are people who might try and reach. But on that subject, I'm curious as to how that might affect the scenes - I'd hope that the MC is still submissive, but that could possibly clash with gameplay if sex then becomes a reward/resource. I imagine the solution is that when she "kills" an enemy they're just be incapacitated, she strips and lets them have their way, and gains health or (red) shots. I think a system of diminishing returns would be ideal, ie the less frequently she has sex the more resources she gets per instance. So you can do it frequently and top up a small amount of damage/ammo at a time, or go longer without and gain more than you would otherwise.
What does confuse me though is how, what are currently the game over and boss scenes would be implemented

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
All this managed to slip by me. I don't understand how aliens and tentacle monsters don't fall under bestiality - Not that I'm complaining because if it were up to me, the content would be that exclusively.
I think it's worth noting that the changes to the context of the H-content - that she's horny all the time due to chemical influence - could still be construed as non-consensual. It'd be reaching, but there are people who might try and reach. But on that subject, I'm curious as to how that might affect the scenes - I'd hope that the MC is still submissive, but that could possibly clash with gameplay if sex then becomes a reward/resource. I imagine the solution is that when she "kills" an enemy they're just be incapacitated, she strips and lets them have their way, and gains health or (red) shots. I think a system of diminishing returns would be ideal, ie the less frequently she has sex the more resources she gets per instance. So you can do it frequently and top up a small amount of damage/ammo at a time, or go longer without and gain more than you would otherwise.
What does confuse me though is how, what are currently the game over and boss scenes would be implemented
Some people do consider them bestiality, but it's much more of a grey area, and I doubt anyone is really going to go after it compared to having what is basically just a dog with a firey tail. And yes, while it could technically be construed as non-con, I'm not particularly concerned about that, since it visually appears completely consensual and in gameplay you have to choose to allow enemies to have sex with you. Both parties show consent through the very act of initiating a scene. To initiate a scene, you'll press a button that puts Alicia into a "come here and fuck me" pose that makes her invincible. If there are any enemies nearby, she'll be locked in that animation for a short time, so the player can't cancel out of it. If any enemy touches you, their H-scene starts. As far as the scenes themselves go, we're not planning on changing any of the existing positions and animations and whatnot. The CGs might need some minor visual/writing edits, so Alicia appears less annoyed during them, but there won't be any major changes. For new animations though, we'll probably have some more dominant scenes for Alicia to balance out the total list.

I'm not sure how I feel about diminishing returns. I don't really want players to feel punished for watching too many sex scenes, so as of right now I'm probably going to have to turn that idea down. Having sex wouldn't recover your ammo though, just your health - and you'll still be able to get both health and ammo drops through fighting, though to balance it out I might lower the rate you normally get health drops at.

As far as game over scenes, that's an area I'm still not entirely sure on. My current thoughts are to make HP more of a representation of Alicia's willpower than her physical health; when the bar runs out, she can no longer hold herself back from her desires, and gives up on her mission to seek out sex just like what happened to the Warped enemies. This would work just fine for most of the existing game over scenes, with some minor dialogue edits of course. The only one that's iffy is the first boss scene, vore is a bit trickier to work with.. still trying to figure that one out.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
If sex was always rewarding in gameplay terms, for me that would make each of the scenes lose their novelty. Maybe a system where you take more "damage" the more sex you have? That would allow for a high risk/high reward style of play, for which reason I would prefer for it to replenish ammo as much as health, but only one or the other in one instance. Blast your way through spamming force-shot and fucking everything that moves. Another mechanic I was thinking about was using that "invite" action as a way to lure enemies close without them attacking you - with good timing, you'd be able to get back up and get some shots into them while they're confused for a split second. It'd be more effective against some enemies than the others - It would be challenging to leverage this against the tentacles and insects.
As for maintaining the consensual theme, for the first boss it could be resolved with like 5 frames of animation - the worms defeat her, she gets up and begins to strip as the worm drops down on her. Could be framed that all the enemies' attacks/projectiles contain the aphrodisiac warp/virus/pathogen/space magic, so this would fit in with what you said.

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
If sex was always rewarding in gameplay terms, for me that would make each of the scenes lose their novelty. Maybe a system where you take more "damage" the more sex you have? That would allow for a high risk/high reward style of play, for which reason I would prefer for it to replenish ammo as much as health, but only one or the other in one instance. Blast your way through spamming force-shot and fucking everything that moves. Another mechanic I was thinking about was using that "invite" action as a way to lure enemies close without them attacking you - with good timing, you'd be able to get back up and get some shots into them while they're confused for a split second. It'd be more effective against some enemies than the others - It would be challenging to leverage this against the tentacles and insects.
As for maintaining the consensual theme, for the first boss it could be resolved with like 5 frames of animation - the worms defeat her, she gets up and begins to strip as the worm drops down on her. Could be framed that all the enemies' attacks/projectiles contain the aphrodisiac warp/virus/pathogen/space magic, so this would fit in with what you said.
The thing is, considering this is an H-game, most people who want to watch a lot of sex scenes wouldn't WANT a high-risk-high-reward playstyle. They would want to be able to go through the game relatively easily so they can enjoy the sex scenes. My design goal is for a sex playthrough to be 'easy' mode, while avoiding sex makes the gameplay more challenging. Thus, the people who want the sex can focus on the sex, while the people who want the gameplay can focus on the gameplay. Also, luring enemies close doesn't really make much sense in a game where the vast majority of your attacks are ranged, getting enemies close isn't really a positive thing unless you're using very specific weapon setups.

As for the first boss, that really wouldn't work at all. Ignoring that it would take way more than 5 frames of animation to make her stand up and strip, the main problem is that vore always comes with the implication of danger, considering she's literally being eaten - the only way to really get around it would be to have the boss spit Alicia out after he was done, which would kinda ruin the point of it being a game over scene.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
the only way to really get around it would be to have the boss spit Alicia out after he was done, which would kinda ruin the point of it being a game over scene.
What if the boss spit her out in some closed off room, as if to keep her trapped there to enjoy her more at some other time? Still get the vore but can do away with the danger part somewhat without just leaving her free to go wherever.

Mistah F.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I haven't been here in a while. It looks like you've made changes to at least the standing sprite.

It's mostly a big improvement, except for how the breasts are oriented inside her jacket. Either the breasts are facing us while the rest of her isn't, or the jacket is covering them when it shouldn't be able to.

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
If what I am reading that Crisis Point: Extinction is going to phase away from NonCon/Rape as far as its H content goes, I respect the creators will but at the same time I am disappointed. Welp, here's hoping japan or someone else can make a nonshit metroidish metroidvania.

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Going to have to agree with Soljer13 on this.
As much as I respect your choice, the game going pretty much fully consensual kinda kills the interest for me personally.
I understand why your going this route, but its just not the direction I wanted to see it go.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Going to have to agree with Soljer13 on this.
As much as I respect your choice, the game going pretty much fully consensual kinda kills the interest for me personally.
I understand why your going this route, but its just not the direction I wanted to see it go.
Heh, not to create an echo chamber, but I get both of you are saying (and probably a lot of y'all are thinking too, if you're following this), and I agree.
I personally won't stop following this game (at least in ULMF), given I've watched Anon grow this for years and seen the progress/development.
However, the notion of turning away from non-con is a huge buzzkill; there are enough corruption/lust games out there. It's too good to NOT to play, but this was a disheartening turn of events.

That being said, unless Anon wants to leave Patreon (and lose a ton of followers/financial support), I don't really blame him at all, given his hands are tied. It's just all unfortunate. I suppose it's not worth complaining about, as there's nothing to do about it. Just that, with a bunch of my favorite games in development being abandoned or ransomed by Patreon paywalls (or both), it's a pity that one of the games I was looking forward most to is disappointing me for a reason that DOESN'T have to do with lack of effort/interest or greed. :(

Tildryn

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
On the contrary, the change away from non-con makes me more interested in the game. Some of us don't like rape.

Galleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Rape-in-games tends to be less about the reality of it and more about the fantasy of it: Most people are understandably disgusted by realistic depictions of rape or murder with visible suffering and repercussions. Meanwhile in a fantastical setting, Herr Princess is beaten up by those pikey orcs and the rape is just a mild inconvenience before she gets up and kicks their asses (or starts liking it). Or something like that, anyway; It's kind of a weird subject to discuss in any capacity at all.

The change is kind of a shame, but also not really at the same time? I'm the kind of loony-bin reject who plays H-games for and will talk at length about their merits as actual games, so as long as it turns out to be a "good game", good H-content is just a bonus. Avoiding legal landmines isn't really something anybody can get justifiably upset about. I've been watching this one expectantly from the beginning such that I'm even hoping I can find a way to afford it (probably by biting the bullet and asking a friend for it as a christmas or birthday gift when it's all said and done) because I believe it had that much potential.

Just focus on making a good game, man. The rest will sort itself out, and a lot of us are already on board. Short of becoming another "cut and run" disappointment, there's not a lot that could make me actually upset about this game.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Welp... I really like the game nevertheless, it is a metroidvania after all, and I love metroidvanias. But the removal of rape (and beastiality) from the game will ruin the h experience, for me atleast, unless Anon releases a specific version outside of patreon. ://

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Changing this much about your game, this late in development, is definitely going to cause huge problems. I know the Patreon's new rules and their possible interpretations has you spooked, but please be careful not to design yourself into a corner.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just worry that the change in the game to "incentive" rather than the enemies raping her will change the overall story of the game, so far we know very little about what is going on in the planet short of it is making everyone and everything horny and attacking their own friends (see the Soldier, Scientist, and Elite soldier) They were human and now they attack her.

I understand the Alune (however its called), tentacles, slime, bees, and the dog (beastiality reason) creatures (which is the second reason behind this change following patreons Terms?)

However, the game lore makes it out that you were sent to investigate, you had a partner once as well i thought but that disappeared... Such a late change in game has happened before to a lot of indies, yea there will be backlashes but what can you do? He's the one in charge of it all, he could literally turn it into A fishing game if he wanted to.

All those game over scenes though would have to be reworked, as if you are defeated by a creature they will rape you and initiate the game over CG's (so what does that mean about all of those as well?)

We can only wait and see what will happen.

(edit: actually, the whole game would have to be redone, because the vines in the jungle scene pick her up and inject concentrated aphrodisiacs into her body making her mandatory sex with anything in the area, similar to the spores that the alune send out too and scientists brew... what exactly will happen then?)

Last edited: