What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

el duderino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Guess it's my time to beg for help.

I have a problem with certain Rpgmaker games, those for which you need the Runtimepackage VX.

I downloaded the program from the following source:

I decided to play the trial version of the following game:

The game crashes after starting a new game. I can see the start screen, but as soon as I select an option, the game crashes.

I'm currently using windows 7, using the newest drivers for my video- and soundcards.

What I tried so far to solve this problem:

- Disabled antivirus
- Ran the game as administrator and tested all compatibility options that windows 7 offers
- Copied the RGSS202J.dll directly into the game folder
- Whitelisted game.exe from the
- Summoned the spirit of Teddy Pendergrass

Sadly, nothing helped. Anybody able to help me with this?

KiteAmakusa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so uh dont know if this is the right place to post this but.

anyone can help me with this error screen that i always get when i start this game
hxxp://sadpanda.us/images/1398599-ED7CJBE.jpg

any help would be greatly appriciated

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

i think you need to install all this rpg maker rtp stuff to get to play rpg maker games. first post section 2 "rpg maker games" contains a thread that should help you out just fine.

and its fine to post this here, since this question has been asked over 9000 times. its probably the most asked question of all mankind for ever in eternity.

Last edited:

triacom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have been having problems with a few RPG maker games, they don't load anymore, one of these is Parrallel fantasy, it used to run just fine, but now I get a black screen that never goes away.

triacom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Found the solution, apparently my harddrive was too full and if that happens some RPGmaker games refuse to load.

noppyx99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have some question.what program use for translation rpg maker vx?
I want to try translate some game but can't open scripts from its.

BlueLight

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

chiitrans is one i use. It translates the game, i can use it so i don't have to restart my computer in Japanese.

noppyx99

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

what I mean is I want to hack in to text of rpg maker vx game and translate them.I can't simple use rpg maker vx editer to edit them.

Xynox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have installed japanese unicode, language and Im using applocale etc. but sometimes few games give me this strange blue error:

i.imgur.com/QbIFVCc.png

its this game:
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ110473

any idea how to fix it?

Edit:
I thought the reason is I have wrong named files in game folder, but then I just re-downloaded it, unpacket and run again while having japanese system and still having same error:

i.imgur.com/xlnClUD.png

Last edited:

osafune

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok so apparently rpg maker 2k is evil. Gave me this error when I attempted to play an rpg on it. Can anyone help? Just for easy specs and whatnot, I'm using Windows 7, rtp 1 and 1.32 are installed (unless i'm missing something) and comp is in japp locale.

Here is the error I get when I try to play the game.

zhsoj

Reputation score

Hi, I'm having problems start up the game Carol of the Living Dead RJ111431. I've download Japanese Language Pack and set my applocale to Japanese, downloaded and installed RPGmakerVXace with RTP 100, and my OS is Windows 7. If anybody can help me troubleshoot what might be the problem and how I can fix it, I would appreciate it very much. If any other information is needed feel free to ask and I'll do my best to find it and relay it to you. The url to the screenshot I've taken is ttp://i48.tinypic.com/23uo84x.png you just have to add the h to the beginning.

Edit: I figured out that I had to rename the application and the folder to きゃろるoftheりびんぐでっど. My problem is solved.

Last edited:

Hand

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1.Can anyone help me?
I got problem with Applocale. It used to work well but day ago I try to use agth on game dungeons&prisoners(VX) and mess with code and advice in that topic, so the result is my applocale can't open winrar and rgp maker VX. How to fix this?

edit: It open but immediately close and window XP.
edit2: I can open both within 5-10 min after I start my computer.

2.I installed atlas v14 and uninstalled it and when I re-install, it say already expire and I can't install it, anyway to fix this or can anyone upload the cracked?

Last edited:

Akumanoko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

OK, so I'm trying to play Kamidori Alchemy Meister with the English patch, but whenever i try to start a new game, go into any of the extra menus or go into certain parts of the options menu, the game crashes. When i restart the game, I get this message:

Anyone have the moonrune knowledge to tell me what it means and, if possible, what to do about it?

sjb411

Reputation score
クラン姫のコスプレRPG Translator help

So, I downloaded the game and hooked it up to agth and Translation Aggregator, like how I do with most of my RPG games. However, the agth picks up only few characters from the dialogue, so it's impossible to play with agth (at least for me). Has anyone figured out how to properly hook this game?

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: クラン姫のコスプレRPG Translator help

Edit: This is for sjb411, since the thread was moved...

Here's the short cut I use:

D:\AGTH\agth.exe /HBN*0@470D5A /W1 /KF64:16 /C /PNGame.exe

Edit the bit to point to your agth location.

And, for future reference, look at this post: http://ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=386949&postcount=6502. That may help you with older wolf-rpg games.

sjb411

Reputation score

Hi. Bit part as in which one?

The current shortcut path im using is this:

C:\agth\agth.exe /c /x D:\Downloads\Compressed\クラン姫のコスプレRPG\Game.exe

What do I need to add there?

Duruband

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok I´m trying to play Magika Detektive Anette - Kisekae Sleuth RPG -The Secret of the Wolfling

English DL dlsite. com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE109831.html
Japanese DL dlsite. com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ109831.htm

When I try to go to the next area I get this crash puu.sh/38UHy/c584c9f828.png
It sais failed to create bitmap

Can anyone plainly explain how I can fix this crash because this really is a great game. It happens in all the downloads I found aswell as in the trial and I have my pc in japanese local and have played many of the same kind. Try the trial and tell me if you get the same error. Maybe pm me a link of a working version.

Had to adjust the links because I need 15 posts for some reason...

Xol

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm running Linux (specifically, Ubuntu 12.04) and I'm having trouble with the whole non-unicode issue. I know in windows for a lot of the games here I'd have to either use AppLocale or switch the system locale for non-Unicode programs to Japanese. However, there doesn't seem to be an easy or obvious way to do this for Linux.

I've searched this thread, as well as Google in general, for ways to do it, but nothing conclusive has come up. While there are multiple "locales" packages available, they're all in some UTF-8 format, which is basically Unicode, thus defeating the purpose.

With that in mind, I was wondering if there are any other Linux users here with more experience that could perhaps help me out? Or at the very least, perhaps someone with better Google-fu than me? ^^;

-edit-
Forgot to add that I do know about and have WINE installed, and know how to use the console to run a game in a locale besides the default. The main issue I seem to be having is the inability to find the right locale that isn't a form of Unicode. In particular, I can't seem to extract compressed files without the filenames butchered all to hell, leading to lots of errors when I try to actually run the game.

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am wondering if anyone knows a way to edit RPG VXAce save files? VX save editor wont work with it.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've searched this thread, as well as Google in general, for ways to do it, but nothing conclusive has come up. While there are multiple "locales" packages available, they're all in some UTF-8 format, which is basically Unicode, thus defeating the purpose.
I've had some luck setting LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP, which seems to make wine start off doing the right thing. I still haven't come up with an automated way to get archives to unpack correctly. Maybe installing winrar or win7z inside wine would help...

Forgot to add that I do know about and have WINE installed, and know how to use the console to run a game in a locale besides the default. The main issue I seem to be having is the inability to find the right locale that isn't a form of Unicode. In particular, I can't seem to extract compressed files without the filenames butchered all to hell, leading to lots of errors when I try to actually run the game.
I find myself manually fixing things by setting WINEDEBUG=+file to find out what file it's trying to open and moving the corresponding file in place. Kinda gross.