What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

seireitei92

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Need help, sometimes MV games like new circle kame and scale garden newest game gives me black screen on layer, I'm sure having same problem with nymphomania paradox but somehow I can fix it, granted now I forgot how. pic related

Attachments

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
So, do you have japanese local setting on your PC ? do you have an old & weak PC or a good one (MV game tend to have memory leak issue when there lot of custom script) ?
Got the latest driver for your CG / OS up to date ?

I wouldn't worry to much about the new Kame game, it's alsway bug land at the release...

Bryanis

Reputation score
Got this error when playing and the game cannot continue any fixes??View attachment 28715
I'll say either a bug in the game, or a problem reading the text in the game files - Are you playing using japanese local setting ? If yes, probably an in game bug requiring an updated version from the dev.

TomokiSakurai

Lurker
Reputation score
So ehm ye, with a lot of new rpg mv games i have the letter problem, i have windows with japanise locale in my options but still doesn't fix it... i just obtain black question marks instead of the letters.... what do i do?

Lamo123

Reputation score
Need help with how to patch (RJ274147), Can't understand the instruction provided by the maker

Hold down the Shift key and right-click to display "Copy as Path" in the menu.
Execute "Copy as Path" in the "Dengeki Youtan" folder.
Start the exe patch and paste it on the difference application folder input screen
Remove the first and last "" to apply the update

1. How do i execute the path ? (command prompt?)

2. can't start exe file gives me an error: (Error) Unable to open UMD file

Game is in RPG maker MV

ramsia199

Reputation score
I tried to play this MV game [ドージンオトメ] あまえんぼ (RJ258362)
I don't know what happen, but every time i tried to open it, its always like this.
The title screen is a mess, everything seems cant appear properly.
There are black screen and the character can't appear correctly.
Did anybody got same problem like me? How do i fix it?

I used the 1.052 ver. and even the newest version 1.10, but it still the same.
I already have japanese local setting in my pc and update the os.

I can open any other mv games properly, i don't know why this one doesnt.

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score
I tried to play this MV game [ドージンオトメ] あまえんぼ (RJ258362)
I don't know what happen, but every time i tried to open it, its always like this.
The title screen is a mess, everything seems cant appear properly.
There are black screen and the character can't appear correctly.
Did anybody got same problem like me? How do i fix it?

I used the 1.052 ver. and even the newest version 1.10, but it still the same.
I already have japanese local setting in my pc and update the os.

I can open any other mv games properly, i don't know why this one doesnt.
Since that doesn't have an English translation afaik, you are probably trying to play with a partially TL-ed one? Or some automatically embedded MTL, maybe? :unsure:
And that leaves you in such a state. My best guess.
Dunno, maybe there is a partial lying around that you found and it's not for the v1.052 OR the v1.10 version, and as such, effes things up.
BTW: RPGM MV doesn't need your locale set to Japanese.
-------------------
On a slightly related note, does anyone know how I can get that annoying pseudo-error message regarding a profile error you get when running (newer) MV games that always pops up before the game actually begins to run? The one saying that "there is a newer version of NW.js blabla" in your local OS language, and you have to click OK to make it disappear.

note63

Reputation score
i first got error d3dx9_39.dll is missing
fixt it by replacing it now

i just keep getting error 0xc000007b

and its only with zell23 games i hope he uses other game engine before posting a game on dllsite

and followed this video trying to solve it but it dint work for me

NonoModn

Reputation score
https://ulmf.org/threads/kno-rifinokarappa-rj086550.3399/

Hi, I got an nerve-wracking problem with midi playback in Virgin Island while using Wine on Linux.

I can play .mid files through wine or natively in Linux, there is no issue.

For other RPG Maker games I start a TiMidity Server with the command timidity -iA and play the game afterwards. Again sound works perfectly with any soundfont. Tested this on 2 RPGMaker games and also on Age of Empires 1997.

So I guess the problem comes even before trying to play the .mid files on Virgin Island, maybe something to do with Directx.

PS: As a side note, does anyone know of any other game which uses Directx and has .mid audio files? It would be great for running tests.

Teratore

Reputation score
Im trying to translate one of Ahriman's games, the last Order Emblem, and there is a problem.
He put mission names and descriptions in separate rvdata2 files, is there any way to edit and translate them?
I tried editing them with Notepad but game just wont start even if i add only one dot.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
rvdata2 files are Ruby "Marshall"s. If you can find where the class contained in these files is defined, you can convert it to and from some plain-text encoding, but otherwise you're going to have to use a hex editor of some sort and pick translations that fit in the same number of bytes as the original.

Reid7

Reputation score
Does anyone know where the switches for RPG games are kept? I'm trying to fiddle around with some switches and variables, but since the switch titles are all in japanese a lot of it is guess work. I use the RpgMakerSaveEditor to edit the switches and variables, but I can't translate the switch names. Could someone help me out or point me to where I can copy and paste the switches list into a translation program so I can find/edit triggers more easily?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Does anyone know where the switches for RPG games are kept?
Assuming you mean "RPGMaker", they're in /data/system.<extension>
In RPGMV they're snugly in the "switches" list in system.json.
In previous RPGMs, you'd need to write a script to extract them, or follow kvier's advice above.

ColtM1911

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello everyone!

I want to machine-translate this game to English, or, at least, conjure an AGTH hook code.
So what I want to ask you is, did you play it in Japanese, or is there some method of extracting text that already works?

Judging by .dxa extensions (likely means DX Archive) on files that can be extracted by Touhou SE program this game uses DXLib. I'm not sure what facilities this library provides to the game developer and how it handles text (if it does something with text at all). What bothers me is that I didn't find anything resembling text database after extracting all of the .dxa archives. I guess text string are embedded into the executable, which seriously complicates translation. If you know something about translating (or extracting text) DXLib-based games, please share.

If there is more appropriate place for such more technical discussions somewhere, please point me there. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
Hello everyone!

I want to machine-translate this game to English, or, at least, conjure an AGTH hook code.
So what I want to ask you is, did you play it in Japanese, or is there some method of extracting text that already works?

Judging by .dxa extensions (likely means DX Archive) on files that can be extracted by Touhou SE program this game uses DXLib. I'm not sure what facilities this library provides to the game developer and how it handles text (if it does something with text at all). What bothers me is that I didn't find anything resembling text database after extracting all of the .dxa archives. I guess text string are embedded into the executable, which seriously complicates translation. If you know something about translating (or extracting text) DXLib-based games, please share.

If there is more appropriate place for such more technical discussions somewhere, please point me there. Thanks!

Look like wolf rpg engine from the screenshot. You may want to take a look at the translation section for the how to use translating tools stickies

ColtM1911

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Look like wolf rpg engine from the screenshot. You may want to take a look at the translation section for the how to use translating tools stickies
Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't use WolfRPG engine, or at least not in its vanilla, tool-compatible form.
Game's developer, Ebisen, is known not to use popular frameworks. I wouldn't be surprised if they coded everything themselves in C++ using DXLib for graphics, sounds and all that jazz.

Tried using Textractor (though x86 binary only), but it also couldn't extract full sentences, so no better than `agth /x3`. Though this program supports working with multiple hooks at once and might prove useful.

At this point I think that producing machine translation is out of my reach, but AGTH hook code should be possible (after few days of trial and error).
Now I'm coding a little program to turn japanese text in UTF-8 to SJIS or UTF-16 BE/LE and print resulting byte array in hex, as Freaka did on his site long ago.

I don't have much time for this, but we'll see. Good things come to those who wait.
Help is appreciated.

Upd:
Wow, I have good news! Looks like game's text is stored in file settings.dxa after all.
Why the heck it is stored there is another question.

Upd 2:
Oh, it's "setting", and not "settingS". Makes sense, right?
You can extract "setting.dxa" and put its contents in folder "setting" in game directory, and then delete or move original file.
So now I just need to somehow translate all of visible text in these files.
Interesting that there are already some files with English translation filled in, their names end in letter "E" - like "ActionDesc.txt" and "ActionDescE.txt". Perhaps Ebisen is planning to release English version of the game in the future.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
I'll advise going to the translation sub forum and either posting in a thread that seem apropriate or create a new one.
As the name imply, this thread is "everything" - and usually mostly "I can't make my game run" or "how does I beat this game *sigh*".

So, some peoples may not look to much at it, whereas a thread in the translation forum will much more easily attract attention of peoples with skill in translating and modding/coding for translation

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Translator ++ help
2020-07-22_16-29-00.png

When it comes to translating messages with variables, how do you do this properly? I feel the auto translate messes these up but IDK for sure.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I feel the auto translate messes these up but IDK for sure.
Nah, you're fine. The \c[integer] code is usually for color change, with \c[0] reverting to black.
In that case, " 家 " was in another color in the original. You probably mean invited to her \c[17] house \c[0] in that context.

edit/ps: please use the right thread for short questions (not there https://ulmf.org/threads/some-help-with-translator.14125/)