What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
ya I was trying to delete that but this is the only forum I have ever used that doesn't let me delete threads

Nah, you're fine. The \c[integer] code is usually for color change, with \c[0] reverting to black.
In that case, " 家 " was in another color in the original. You probably mean invited to her \c[17] house \c[0] in that context.

edit/ps: please use the right thread for short questions (not there https://ulmf.org/threads/some-help-with-translator.14125/)
Do you happen to know how to use the automated word wrapper in ++ aswell?
I should clarify.

When exporting the project what translation column is used as the "final" translation.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Uh, you're welcome?

It's a thread, not post. Threads require being verified by mods. Have a good day.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
<drooping that here for future reference>
To T++ beginners:
- T++ will output the rightmost column's content.
- T++ will keep the original code if you deleted a line
(this is what you should do with any line which does not display in-game text. They were caught by T++, but need be weeded out.)

Esedess

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi i am trying to make a game from 2016 to work
but i get an error from the setup and i dont know what is it about ... il try to insert a jpg with the error i get and if someone can tell me what is it about ... thanks.
Error.jpg

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Not speaking japanese, but you are actually trying to install the game DLC. So the error may very well be that the original game isn't found installed on your computer.

Esedess

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not speaking japanese, but you are actually trying to install the game DLC. So the error may very well be that the original game isn't found installed on your computer.
i did not notice this and i think this was my problem thanks for helping :)

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So translator++ (no matter the version) just opens as a black screen now...I have no idea WTF I did.
I tried playing a video game that kept giving me issues so I did a windows update, a GPU driver update, and java update.

Now no version of translator++ works

EDIT*
IT only works in compatibility mode for windows vista WTF?

Last edited:

nhoctu97

Reputation score
um, hi...
anyone know how to extract file from " " game (or Action Game Maker MV)?

Bryanis

Reputation score
was "how to bypass DLSite's PlayDRM" ever mentioned in this thread?
I think the only answer was either : "copy the temps file while the game is working and save them in another folder", or for the game it don't work a simplier "wait for a crack".....

subzero

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello, everyone knows how to block this texts from spamming please? I dont know if is the right place but here I go.

Game Name:
(同人ゲーム) [2020-11-07][RJ295434][レトロラボ] 僕のカノジョがデキるまで。 -追跡孕ませ拉致監禁-

What is repeating forever are those 3 for now that I found:

「時間帯:朝」
「時間帯:昼」
「時間帯:夕方」

So after first first intro of the game and introduce day time morning afternoon and evening those 3 keep overlapping the text every second so is impossible to read.... :(

Thank you very much if you find me solution.

Quinova

Reputation score
Hello, everyone knows how to block this texts from spamming please? I dont know if is the right place but here I go.

Game Name:
(同人ゲーム) [2020-11-07][RJ295434][レトロラボ] 僕のカノジョがデキるまで。 -追跡孕ませ拉致監禁-

What is repeating forever are those 3 for now that I found:

「時間帯:朝」
「時間帯:昼」
「時間帯:夕方」

So after first first intro of the game and introduce day time morning afternoon and evening those 3 keep overlapping the text every second so is impossible to read.... :(

Thank you very much if you find me solution.
When using the RPGMakerMVGame Patch add each of these lines to the Text Block Recognition:
((^時間帯:朝)($|。$))
((^時間帯:昼)($|。$))
((^時間帯:夕方)($|。$))

That should solve the repeated text issue that those do.

KillerDxD

Reputation score
Hi, I've been having some trouble running some old rpg maker vx ace on my new laptop and am seeking solution to the problem. When I open the exe file for the game, the window appears for a few seconds, then closes. After it closes, it creates a dmp file in the game's folder. Anyone know what I need to do to solve this issue?

Mick2000

Reputation score
Hi, I've been having some trouble running some old rpg maker vx ace on my new laptop and am seeking solution to the problem. When I open the exe file for the game, the window appears for a few seconds, then closes. After it closes, it creates a dmp file in the game's folder. Anyone know what I need to do to solve this issue?
i don't know about the dmp file but it happened once to me when a game immediately close when i open it, disable your antivirus and try open your game again, at least it work for me.

KillerDxD

Reputation score
i don't know about the dmp file but it happened once to me when a game immediately close when i open it, disable your antivirus and try open your game again, at least it work for me.
Tried that but it didn't work out. Some other solutions I've tried:
-Reinstalling the game
-Deleting save files in case it was a corruption issue with it, causing the main game to break for some reason
-Unpacking the game from the zip using Japanese name coding
-Reinstalling the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP
-Running without locale emulator

Mick2000

Reputation score
-Reinstalling the game
-Deleting save files in case it was a corruption issue with it, causing the main game to break for some reason
-it's a RPG maker game, you can't Reinstall it cause it's not something installed to your device to begin with
-corrupted save file won't affect booting process of the game
-if still not working then this isn't the solution
-same
-i change my locale system to JP and never revert it back, never once i use Locale Emulator for a mere RPG maker problem
try grab a new copy of the game and redo everything, it might be because one or more file inside it is corrupted, who knows.
oh and btw, you said it's a brand new laptop is it? have you installed all necessary component to run most video game such as latest version of "Visual C++" or "Direct X"? this might be the problem, just saying.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
-Reinstalling the game
asuming Windows:
Control Panel > Program > Turn Windows Features on off >
there might be a few things useful to turn on.
and depending on the OS, don't bother with language emulators, install Japanese language pack, switch to Japanase Locale, Download and install stuff while in Japanese Locale.

KillerDxD

Reputation score
asuming Windows:
Control Panel > Program > Turn Windows Features on off >
there might be a few things useful to turn on.
and depending on the OS, don't bother with language emulators, install Japanese language pack, switch to Japanase Locale, Download and install stuff while in Japanese Locale.
Yup the unicode was the thing that needed to be changed, didn't feel like it since I thought emulator would do the work. Thanks for the help!

zipetya

Reputation score
-i change my locale system to JP and never revert it back, never once i use Locale Emulator for a mere RPG maker problem
I am pretty much on the exact opposite side of things; I'd say I'd NEVER change my locale to JP for a mere RPG maker problem. lol

Also, if it's not some really specific weeeeird W10 problem unique to Killer, then Locale Emulator should be enough 99,85% of the time.
Curious what "the unicode" that needed changing actually was. If it's not that UTF-8 checkbox under the admin tab inside where you actually change the locale (that is if that still is around in W10 now...dunno. still rolling with my admittedly shitu-pilu W8.1 here lol)...
I'd say you're using LE wrong. Well, maybe some update could have effed things up lately, I guess.

NeerHeer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alright, I'm stumped so I'm turning to you fine folks.

I'm trying to get the English version of Closed Area Block Z (RE304544) to run, but every time I start it up the window opens and then immediately disappears - a CTD with no error message. In order to get the game this far, I had to add the 32 bit version of the directx9 dll (d3dx9_43 to be specific) to the game's directory. Running a laptop with windows 10 64 bit, Japanese language pack installed and System Locale set to default to Japanese for unicode programs.

I've tried running it as Admin and in compatibility mode for windows 7 and 8. I've tried redownloading the program and re-extracting it. I've activated Windows 10's Internet Information Services features to run applications that normally only run on 32bit versions of windows. I haven't seen posts from other people having this issue, but the game also seems to work on 10 for plenty of people. Any ideas?