What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Alright, I'm stumped so I'm turning to you fine folks.

I'm trying to get the English version of Closed Area Block Z (RE304544) to run, but every time I start it up the window opens and then immediately disappears - a CTD with no error message. In order to get the game this far, I had to add the 32 bit version of the directx9 dll (d3dx9_43 to be specific) to the game's directory. Running a laptop with windows 10 64 bit, Japanese language pack installed and System Locale set to default to Japanese for unicode programs.

I've tried running it as Admin and in compatibility mode for windows 7 and 8. I've tried redownloading the program and re-extracting it. I've activated Windows 10's Internet Information Services features to run applications that normally only run on 32bit versions of windows. I haven't seen posts from other people having this issue, but the game also seems to work on 10 for plenty of people. Any ideas?
The game don't require much normally. Closing immediatly is usually either a language setting problem or a virus (read : anti virus) problem.

So I'll sugest you try 2 thing :
- Add an exception to your AV (or turn it of) and start the game again.
- Even in japanese setting, name too long or even sometime just with non local character can make a Japanese game crash, so try to move the game to a folder with a short path and a simple name (like c:\ RE304544\ to try it out).

NeerHeer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game don't require much normally. Closing immediatly is usually either a language setting problem or a virus (read : anti virus) problem.

So I'll sugest you try 2 thing :
- Add an exception to your AV (or turn it of) and start the game again.
- Even in japanese setting, name too long or even sometime just with non local character can make a Japanese game crash, so try to move the game to a folder with a short path and a simple name (like c:\ RE304544\ to try it out).
No luck with either, I'm afraid! I turned off windows defender's real-time scanner, added an exception to the firewall just in case, disabled malwarebytes and etc. Then I moved the game to C:/, still just crashes.
I did forget to mention that sometimes the window it opens stays there for a moment before it goes unresponsive, then crashes. I ran the program through command prompts to see if it would linger and give me an error message, but no luck with that either.

I did get the program running on my Desktop, just japanese local and language and I was good to go. I've had other issues with this laptop and some applications, and I'm beginning to wonder if the bloatware ASUS shoved on here is to blame. Thanks for the help anyway.

zipetya

Reputation score
I mean...
Have you tried installing DirectX?
Asking unironically...

Reputation score
Greetings. I don't know if this is the right place to ask my questions, but I need some help concerning a game called "Youmaen: The Magic Academy of Loli Succubi."
Here is the DLsite link

I am currently trying to translate this game. There is currently a partial translation, but it's not complete at all. I searched for tutorials on how to translate a game made with Wolf RPG Editor and found a few leads, but nothing I do works no matter how much I try. For example, I tried to use the Editor to directly translate the game by moving the "Data" folder from Youmaen to the editor, but most of the files in the Data folder were encrypted in the .wolf format and the editor couldn't read them. I tried to decrypt them, but the BasicData.wolf and the Translations.wolf refused to be decrypted. Someone managed to decrypt BasicData.wolf for me, but nothing can be done for Translations.wolf. And that thing contains the current translation, which means I might have to start from scratch if I can't resolve this issue.

On top of that, no matter what change I do using the Editor, it isn't saved at all. This is far more troubling than having to start from scratch. Since the Editor caused me so much trouble, I was thinking that maybe I could use another method, but I can't find one that works with this game. Can anyone here please help me with that? I'm kinda lost right now.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

HagStuff

Reputation score
Since I dont seem to find anyone else anywhere that seems to be having this problem (most of the ones that seem similar seem to be on the creator side), I assume that this is either a ridiculously simple problem, or I am just dumb, but can anyone tell me how to fix a problem like this?

(Pic in Spoiler) Some Details:
Japanese game purchased on DLSite
Computer is set in Japanese region setting
Many parts, actors, etc of the game do load
Some parts, tilesets, actors etc have the same error as this one.
Zip file download was NOT a multi-download (It was all one zip)
Unzipped with the program 7-Zip
Program is being run through a translation program, however I have tested it separate from the program, and the error persists.

Any help would be appreciated

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Were you in jap region when you unzipped the game?

Klonoa723

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there any extractor/decrypter program for Pixel Game Maker MV?
I've been basically searching everywhere, but I just can't find nothing, and unless I haven't searched well enough, welp, guess wouldn't be able to get me some nice sprites from a few games, eh.
Hate it so much that all the graphic's files looks like are there for the plunging... but they're unable to be viewed 'cus they're prolly encypted or what :/

Fchampsudo

Reputation score
is there any way to get Japanese wolf RPG games to display the Japanese characters properly? i'm happy to muddle through games with image translate and such, but the glitched out text makes some games simply impossible.

I'm unzipping these games with japanese name encoding and opening them with locale emulator and still getting the buggy text.

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score
is there any way to get Japanese wolf RPG games to display the Japanese characters properly? i'm happy to muddle through games with image translate and such, but the glitched out text makes some games simply impossible.

I'm unzipping these games with Japanese name encoding and opening them with locale emulator and still getting the buggy text.
Either change system locale to Japanese or use WinRAR do uncompress ZIP and select Options / Name Encoding / 932

abadguy87

Lurker
Reputation score
I've been trying to decrypt this WolfRPG game RJ255285 with no luck. I've tried every decrypter but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it is impossible to decrypt. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Reputation score
I'm trying to translate the achievements for LustGrimm Again. These aren't included when I make a project using Translator++, and when I look into the game files, I find that the achievements text is along the lines of this: \u8b0e\u306e\u58f0\u306b\u8a98\u308f\u308c.

Does anyone know how to convert this into Japanese, if that's even possible?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Open web browser developer tools; go to console, surround that text with "

"\u8b0e\u306e\u58f0\u306b\u8a98\u308f\u308c"
"謎の声に誘われ"

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm trying to translate the achievements for LustGrimm Again. These aren't included when I make a project using Translator++, and when I look into the game files, I find that the achievements text is along the lines of this: \u8b0e\u306e\u58f0\u306b\u8a98\u308f\u308c.
Have a look there if you want:
I haven't tested this plugin, but you could also use an online converter :(
As said above, you could also copy/paste the strings into an interpreter which converts Unicode automatically. Most(?) scripting interfaces do this. I remember using Pyscripter just for that, some time ago.

But in my opinion, there's a much better solution.
You're looking at the file T++ exported, resulting in the unicode encoding you see. Any RPGM deals with that just fine, but our eyes don't...
Just note the "id" of said event (I'm supposing you're referring to a CommonEvent), and find the same line in the original file. It'll be much easier to copy this line, edit it to your liking, sprinkle it with your usual love for the game, and paste it back into place in the exported file.
Notepad++ is kinda bad with huge files, so you might want to use another editor just for that purpose... Not that I found (or searched for) a good substitute for that yet.

Reputation score
Open web browser developer tools; go to console, surround that text with "

"\u8b0e\u306e\u58f0\u306b\u8a98\u308f\u308c"
"謎の声に誘われ"
Have a look there if you want:
I haven't tested this plugin, but you could also use an online converter :(
As said above, you could also copy/paste the strings into an interpreter which converts Unicode automatically. Most(?) scripting interfaces do this. I remember using Pyscripter just for that, some time ago.

But in my opinion, there's a much better solution.
You're looking at the file T++ exported, resulting in the unicode encoding you see. Any RPGM deals with that just fine, but our eyes don't...
Just note the "id" of said event (I'm supposing you're referring to a CommonEvent), and find the same line in the original file. It'll be much easier to copy this line, edit it to your liking, sprinkle it with your usual love for the game, and paste it back into place in the exported file.
Notepad++ is kinda bad with huge files, so you might want to use another editor just for that purpose... Not that I found (or searched for) a good substitute for that yet.
Thanks!

Metax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Greetings to all.
I'm writing here because i have a problem with Princess sacrifice, the translated version: i can't start it.
What is strange is that i can start a lot of other rpg games, infact i have the japanese lenguage pack installed and the non unicode program option setted on japanese as well. I've tried also with other tools line Ntlea and Lecproc but they gave me only errors. In the pictures attached, there are the errors that i received.
I hope someone can help me.

Attachments

blerghit

Reputation score
Have you tried simply redownloading? preferably from different source.
Sometimes downloads are corrupted.

Metax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yes, multiple times.
Even the original version from dlsite doesn't start.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Greetings to all.
I'm writing here because i have a problem with Princess sacrifice, the translated version: i can't start it.
What is strange is that i can start a lot of other rpg games, infact i have the japanese lenguage pack installed and the non unicode program option setted on japanese as well. I've tried also with other tools line Ntlea and Lecproc but they gave me only errors. In the pictures attached, there are the errors that i received.
I hope someone can help me.
2nd & 3rd screenshot show gibberish in the error window.

So, do you have your local setting (unicode) set to Japanese ? When extracting the archive and while starting the exe ?

If yes, you may want to remove Any non local character (like russian alphabet or Japanese Kanji if your local language is English for exemple) from the folder pathway.
Also try to move the folder directly to the desktop or the root of the hard drive to see if it's a long name problem.

Metax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
2nd & 3rd screenshot show gibberish in the error window.

So, do you have your local setting (unicode) set to Japanese ? When extracting the archive and while starting the exe ?

If yes, you may want to remove Any non local character (like russian alphabet or Japanese Kanji if your local language is English for exemple) from the folder pathway.
Also try to move the folder directly to the desktop or the root of the hard drive to see if it's a long name problem.
The error happens only when i try to start the game.
For what regards the pathway, i already provided to avoid foreign characters because it can create problems also on normal rpg games.