What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Metax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
1) What are you running this on?
2) Internal or external drive?
3) short, medium or long filepath? (number of clicks/folders)
3.a) filepath length? (number of characters)
3.b) Foreign characters in filepath?
4) make sure nothing is set to read only (unless necessary).
5) any RTP/requirements? could be issues with their extraction/installation.

as a side note, Japanese Locale is usually needed for downloading, extracting and installing... and in some case, running the game as well.
Internal drive with short filepath. All the files are without read only. For the last point, i don't get it. For what regards the last note, yes, i know and already do in that way.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
If it was a missing RTP, the error mesage would indicate a missing file, so it shouldn't be the problem.
More likely a non Japanese local setting or an uncompatible OS.... (maybe ? hard to get real precise info here).

Metax

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
After long try and error i found out a solution: i unistalled and reinstalled the locale emulator, now it works fine.

magickrot

Reputation score
oi. so here's problem. I have multiple "Watched threads" now i have only 2 of them 1633809313466.png
I even still watching them 1633809376027.png
also I don't receive any notifications from them

Bryanis

Reputation score

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
oi. so here's problem. I have multiple "Watched threads" now i have only 2 of them
also I don't receive any notifications from them
This \/
No clue for you, but maybe better to move over the "Forum development" forum. Which also work as a forum technical support (less peoples watching, but thoses watching are more skilled at that kind of problem).
None of the H-section staff can do anything about the UI.

xJinxKazama

Reputation score
Hi,

been trying to run this game today: , but I couldn't find a solution. I have windows 10 and I changed every setting I have into japanese. when i launch the game, the main menu, options are working fine, if i press start, after a few moments it crashes. anything i could do to fix this?

regards

blerghit

Reputation score
Hi,

been trying to run this game today: , but I couldn't find a solution. I have windows 10 and I changed every setting I have into japanese. when i launch the game, the main menu, options are working fine, if i press start, after a few moments it crashes. anything i could do to fix this?

regards
Do you have japanese system locale, regional format etc?
Some VNs crash after some specific text is displayed, even if the menu works.

NSAgov770

Reputation score
Hi! Do anyone know how to fix the missing translation texts. I played Eng- translated Night tale 1.12 and some texts are out of text box which I cannot read it. I believe there are some guides mentioned this problem but I cannot find it. Thank you in advance.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Hi,

regards
Sometime the first day release got bug, you have to update the game or work around (like some sound or voice making the game crash. Making you need to turn off every sound to get past the crash ).

Since it's a VN, I'll advise going to some more VN oriented forum like AS - usually people comment on their trouble and solution in the game thread in the torrent section for such big VN.

Justicex88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find any answers.
Any game that uses RPG Pixel Maker just doesn't start for me, there's always an error. At first it stated I was "missing the msvcr100.dll" file. I downloaded it and placed it in the correct spot, but now I get another error (attached file).
I've downloaded the visual C++ Redistributable files and repaired what I already had, re-downloaded the games, and obviously restarted my PC, but I still get the same error (Yes, I am in Japanese Unicode). This is specifically only on RPG Pixel Maker games as far as I can tell.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Momo

Reputation score
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before I couldn't find a solution to the problem I have at hand and I'd like some assistance if possible.
Only "Recently" I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I used to play most hgames normally in 7, all I had to do was change the locale and download the language pack and it would've worked, on win10 however that doesn't seem to be the case which leaves me rather puzzled as to where I am messing this up...

The game, or rather games, in question are acidstyle's games and everything that uses the same or similar engines to run (haven't tested games in other engines yet)

. 1635563457519.png
1635564134673.png

However I can see japanese characters just fine outside of the game as depicted, hopefully, below:
1635564652678.png

I have already tried these solutions and didn't work, unless I'm doing something wrong:
Installing the appropriate language packs from windows.
Changed my locale to JP
Downloaded and used NTLEAS
Tried re-extracting the game through winrar using the Ctrl + E method

I apologize in advance if this has a very obvious looking solution, I just can't seem to understand what I'm doing wrong and would like to have someone shed some light to me.

Bryanis

Reputation score
NTLEA don't work on every game.
Try using Local Emulator.

The error clearly show that the game don't read the japanese in its file.

If LE / NTLEA don't work, try moving the game folder to C:\ to try. Rename the folder to remove any non local character (try removing Jap Kanji and name the folder "game" just to try).
In some rare case, renaming the game exe to a japanese name to local character name can also help.
Try forced admin, and forced admin compatibility to a previous one (check Dlsite for compatible system for exemple).

If all that fail, like Blerghit say, try switching your local region time to Japanese.

Momo

Reputation score
LE worked but funnily enough was the last thing I tried. Everything else didn't work for some reason.
but if it works it works and that's all it matters, thank you very much!!

alialbannay7

Reputation score
LE worked but funnily enough was the last thing I tried. Everything else didn't work for some reason.
but if it works it works and that's all it matters, thank you very much!!
it didn't work for me

pocencer

Reputation score
rpgmaker cannot full screen on windows 11.
Does anyone have a solution?
I try windows 11 but found out that it can't full screen rpgmaker with alt+enter
I am now back to window 10, but it work fine

Last edited:

TheScorpionX

Reputation score
Um, hello

Did anyone have any luck playing 2D fightermaker games like QueensAxe and such? i remember playing them with ease on w7 but seems like w10 doesn't like that engine very much. i keep getting like 3 fps and sometimes a total pc crash.

blerghit

Reputation score
rpgmaker cannot full screen on windows 11.
Does anyone have a solution?
I try windows 11 but found out that it can't full screen rpgmaker with alt+enter
I am now back to window 10, but it work fine
Do not use w11.
That fix will help you with a lot of other problems as well