What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score
I've run into a post mentioning a torrent, but there's no URL or link attached. Just a #!(numbers/letters)
My guess was that it had something to do with a magnet link? I'm using Deluge, and I'll admit to being a filthy casual with it. Tried the options presented with the "add torrent" button, but I'm not knowledgeable enough, or doing something wrong. Anyone got guidance for a noob?

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
I've run into a post mentioning a torrent, but there's no URL or link attached. Just a #!(numbers/letters)
My guess was that it had something to do with a magnet link? I'm using Deluge, and I'll admit to being a filthy casual with it. Tried the options presented with the "add torrent" button, but I'm not knowledgeable enough, or doing something wrong. Anyone got guidance for a noob?
that torrent is probably dead, those posts are over 5 years old.

axelries

Reputation score
I need help, I recently bought a Japanese game from the DLsite, I have done this before, and the games work, however this time is not working. The game in question is RJ310064. With my limited knowledge I have deduced that is not working because some folders and files are in gibberish which is supposed to be Japanese (?). Any help would be appreciated.

Mick2000

Reputation score
I need help, I recently bought a Japanese game from the DLsite, I have done this before, and the games work, however this time is not working. The game in question is RJ310064. With my limited knowledge I have deduced that is not working because some folders and files are in gibberish which is supposed to be Japanese (?). Any help would be appreciated.
if some file that supposedly have japanese name turns out gibberish then the answer is one thing, your system failed on decrypting the game file upon extraction, happen because different system locale,
-have you checked your system locale? make sure it's Japanese
-have you got japanese language pack installed, chance that japanese text failed to read because your system don't have the pack

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Name are giberish because your computer do't know how to read Japanese Kanji.
You need to either
1) Switch you local unicode do Japanese (under regional setting)
2) use emulating software like NTLEA, Applocale or LE to emulate situation 1) when starting you archive extracting software (like winrar, 7zip...)

Both 1 and 2 need to have the "Asian language pack" installed (free to download and install unless you got a pirate version of your installed Window OS)

3) open the archive with winrar. Go to option, name encoding and chose "932 - Japanese" than press the extrat button (might require Asian language pack installed).

Mick2000

Reputation score
i need little help running some hentai games from Valkyria
so i played several of their games like Magical Girl Rinne:
and several others and they works fine before. now for some reason every single game from this people keep running at like below 1 fps for me, audio runs just fine but anything else feels so laggy like the menu button move slow or when hovering on it takes like 3 second or so until the effect shows then i can press it, literally unplayable.
i think it happened after i update my windows 10?
anyone got clue where's the problem?

Last edited:

blerghit

Reputation score
Possibly locale settings making something break but not fatally. Have you tried locale emulators, or changing syslocale (and for some games region/time settings aswell) to JP

zipetya

Reputation score
Possibly locale settings making something break but not fatally. Have you tried locale emulators, or changing syslocale (and for some games region/time settings aswell) to JP
Nope.
i think it happened after i update my windows 10?
Yep.

You will have to get to Valkyria's website, and download the W10-post-...Idon'trememberexactlywhichbutdefinitely-update-fix. For a W10 update effed them all.
(I think you can find it/them here; good hunting! (and Google Translating!! xD)):

Mick2000

Reputation score
almost every game i played is JP and often require the system locale, so i always have my locale into JP and never change them so that one off the list
Nope.
Yep.

You will have to get to Valkyria's website, and download the W10-post-...Idon'trememberexactlywhichbutdefinitely-update-fix. For a W10 update effed them all.
(I think you can find it/them here; good hunting! (and Google Translating!! xD)):
dear god, this is my solution all along, they even have one for windows 11
thanks for even providing the link, reading moonrunes is no problem to me

polo2005

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Anyone know how to find hashes for a single game from the HGG2D Translated Game Archive? All I see is a hash for all the games, do I need to convert the links to hashes to download anything?

Bryanis

Reputation score
or the game readme don't mention anything about configuration.
Just saying the game is made using RPG MZ and OS compatible are win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - and PC only.

I can run it on win 10 64 without problem.

Since you downloaded it from a third party, you might want and try downloading the trial and seeing if it work or not.

randysalaba

Reputation score
Just saying the game is made using RPG MZ and OS compatible are win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - and PC only.

Since you downloaded it from a third party, you might want and try downloading the trial and seeing if it work or not.
i'm gonna try it in trial version

SoulLess Child

Reputation score

DLSite is usually not good at pointing out the 32-bit vs 64-bit thing.

Bryanis

Reputation score
DLSite is usually not good at pointing out the 32-bit vs 64-bit thing.
That's why I go and check the game readme....

that aside... I just go and went checking rpg maker MZ requirement... and it only work with 64 bit, no 32-bit.
So I suppose any game made with it only work on 64-bit system....

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I've noticed that DLsite started preventing people from being able to copy and paste the names of their products, probably to make it harder for people to search for them elsewhere. Needless to say, you can still use the RJ code as a workaround in any search engine and copy the work name listed from the results.

Mick2000

Reputation score
that has been applied for like year now, but this is only if you attempt to copy the game name in it's page, if you enter the circle page you can still copy paste the game name on the catalog list, it's just force you to go extra step of moving to other page first