Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chromedome27 View Post
    Hello,

I'm having some issues with a couple of games, namely Magisoul (Link), Bikini Quest (Link), and Trigger Happy 2 (Link). I have Jap locale on my laptop and I'm on Windows 10. I'm able to run almost all other Japanese games with no trouble at all.

The issue I am having is whenever I try to open these games, they simply don't open. I have tried running them in all compatibility modes, running them in admin mode, and have tried making the path shorter, and nothing has worked so far. There are no special characters in any of the path names either.

Any input is appreciated. I apologize if this was answered earlier in this topic, but I was unable to find anything helpful when I was looking through it. I would post pictures, but as I cannot see anything after trying to run them I don't think there is much of a point.
    if your computer's system locale is switched to japanese then try updating direct x, update your grafik card drivers, if still don't work, download microsoft visual c++ 2013, 2015 and 2017 redistributable packages

Comment

Originally posted by ments View Post
      if your computer's system locale is switched to japanese then try updating direct x, update your grafik card drivers, if still don't work, download microsoft visual c++ 2013, 2015 and 2017 redistributable packages
      Thanks for the reply,

Drivers and Direct X up to date, downloaded the redist packages and restarted. Still not working.

Comment

Some game exe are seen as dangerous by some antivirus, the game just don't start or instant close. I'm not using win 10 so I can't say, but try starting the game with the AV turned off or add an exception for the game folder / exe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryanis View Post
          Some game exe are seen as dangerous by some antivirus, the game just don't start or instant close. I'm not using win 10 so I can't say, but try starting the game with the AV turned off or add an exception for the game folder / exe.
          Thanks, that helped.

I got it working, I previously went in and added an exclusion for the game folder, but it was the Appdata that was being blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ments View Post

[img]picture link[/img]
            example [img]h tt ps://picture.com/fhSs9hhgKY.jpg[/img]
            fast way to upload pictures is imgur.com
            Thanks! I already managed to do it using the advanced editor, but your suggestion is faster

Comment

Sorry if this has already been asked (browsed thru a decent amount of the thread, but this is a loooong one), but I'm trying to get Windows RPGMaker MV games working on Mac. Most RPGMaker games are fine to run with Wine, but not so for MV. I found a partial workaround - download a RPGMaker MV game made for Mac, get into the Contents/Resources/app.nw/ folder, and overwrite everything with the game files (just copy everything - including folders - in the main directory). This makes the game playable, but it crashes anytime you save (or for games with autosave, each time it does) without actually saving - and with the following error message displayed on the screen itself:

Unknown Error
              Error: EROFS: read-only file system, open ‘/private/var/folders/fj/<bunch of other crap>/common.rpgsave’

Problem is, that file is already set for all users to have read, write, and execute, but for some reason RPGMaker insists it's read only. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

As far as I can tell, the RPGMaker MV runtime is "just" a copy of nwjs and an up-to-date installation for it works for me ... but I'm using linux, not Mac.

Comment

after the site change i cant seem to find the search function.
                  am i not looking hard enough or was it removed?

Comment

Originally posted by darklink1011 View Post
                    after the site change i cant seem to find the search function.
                    am i not looking hard enough or was it removed?
                    At the moment, it's turned off to reduce lag server. No info about when it'll be up again.
                    There a thread in the "news and announcement" sub forum about how to "cheat" to still use it.
                    But it's easier to just use google search engine putting "game RJ / game name and add ulmf" -> like "RJXXXXXX ulmf"

Comment

Hello,
                      I'm sorry if someone already posted about this. I have a problem - in a couple of games no text is displayed for me. I changed my locale to Japanese. I have all RTPs, I even reinstalled all of them 2 times. I was searching for solution online, but I couldn't find anything that would work. I also read that the problem might be caused by the font used in the game (specifically the lack of this font on player's computer), but I don't know how to check what font the game is using to download it.
                      The games I'm talking about are: Sarah of the Rotation Cut (1 and 2), Netorare Kanade from acerola and Knights of the Phantasm from Adult's hobby. Right now I am using laptop, as I temporarily moved to another city, but before I moved I was using my PC and some of these games worked fine there.

Thanks for help in advance.

EDIT: I wanted to post screenshots, but I can't post links and they are not really needed, as all they show is games without text.

Comment

If you've changed the local to japanese and there no text I'm not certain. No text is a common error when using such game without playing with japanese local setting.
                        If you can, try playing the game using local emulator. If the text appear, it mean you haven't completely switched all the setting to japanese.
                        If it don't work, you might be missing a font, but from memory for all these game if there a special font it come with the game itself.
                        You might have a problem IF you switch to japanese after uncompressing the game archive. If so, try doing it again.
                        Another wild shot would be to try putting the game in a folder with a very short pathway (like directly on the desktop for test), and without any punctuation (like "." or "-") or japanese symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaqwer2 View Post
                          Hello,
                          I'm sorry if someone already posted about this. I have a problem - in a couple of games no text is displayed for me. I changed my locale to Japanese. I have all RTPs, I even reinstalled all of them 2 times. I was searching for solution online, but I couldn't find anything that would work. I also read that the problem might be caused by the font used in the game (specifically the lack of this font on player's computer), but I don't know how to check what font the game is using to download it.
                          The games I'm talking about are: Sarah of the Rotation Cut (1 and 2), Netorare Kanade from acerola and Knights of the Phantasm from Adult's hobby. Right now I am using laptop, as I temporarily moved to another city, but before I moved I was using my PC and some of these games worked fine there.

Thanks for help in advance.

EDIT: I wanted to post screenshots, but I can't post links and they are not really needed, as all they show is games without text.
                          Also, try NTLEAS if you are not succeeding with Locale Emulator, if you were to be not running the games with your system locale switched to Japanese. Some -if not most!- WolfRPG games only display text correctly when run with NTLEAS.
                          But switching system locale to Japanese when extracting and playing h-games is usually the simplest and most foolproof way to manage.
                          Last edited by zipetya; 1 week ago.

Comment

The Locale Emulator worked, thanks a lot!

Comment

is there a way to hook the new wolfrpg engine now?

agth, ith and chiitrans cant seem to hook any text in game at all

i was able to hook old wolfrpg games just fine

example games with new wolf engine
                              RJ214864
                              RJ195774

Comment

Working...
                              X