What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Sairu

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Japanese language settings with no win xp cd

A good post for those who don't have it. Maybe not best to have it's own thread though since we do have the FAQ and FRP (Frequently Reported Problems) thread already stickied. Maybe just add the link to the first part of that thread instead.

Edit: o_O That was fast.

Last edited:

mafiaboy8xx

Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems

I tried to download this link from gamecronica but this can not be, who can then upload to megaupload. thank

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How is that Frequently Asked Questions? o_O

Yorozuya

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Text hooker / translator for Wolf RPG Editor games

*if this is not in the right forum, feel free to move the topic where it is appropriate*

Recently I have been playing games whose text could not be fully fished out by AGTH. Either only a small fragment of the full text were captured or none at all. either way this makes it troublesome to progress in the game and find out what is going on in the story.

After a while, I figured the reason is because the program used to make the game was different from standard eroge engines and RPG Maker. This is called . It is not exactly new, though I suppose it is not quite as popular for some reasons beyond me.

Anyways, enough with the background I guess. Does anyone familiar with this engine know of an alternative program to hook up their in-game texts so I can play in translation? Or maybe AGTH is updated now and I just happen to have an older version (though I am not exactly sure what version I have anyways)?

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Text hooker / translator for Wolf RPG Editor games

*if this is not in the right forum, feel free to move the topic where it is appropriate*

Recently I have been playing games whose text could not be fully fished out by AGTH. Either only a small fragment of the full text were captured or none at all. either way this makes it troublesome to progress in the game and find out what is going on in the story.

After a while, I figured the reason is because the program used to make the game was different from standard eroge engines and RPG Maker. This is called . It is not exactly new, though I suppose it is not quite as popular for some reasons beyond me.

Anyways, enough with the background I guess. Does anyone familiar with this engine know of an alternative program to hook up their in-game texts so I can play in translation? Or maybe AGTH is updated now and I just happen to have an older version (though I am not exactly sure what version I have anyways)?
Have you tried using the /x2 and /x3 flags to see more threads?

Anyway, I don't think AGTH has been updated for some years. There's a new text hooker that is currently being worked on, and that has support for more engines. It's ITH, and you can get it in this thread:

Even with that program, you might not see all the text. And you may need to use an agth-code for it. There's a AGTH thread on HF too, that you can request codes in, if there's not currently a code available.

I'll leave it at that.

Yorozuya

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Text hooker / translator for Wolf RPG Editor games

Have you tried using the /x2 and /x3 flags to see more threads?

Anyway, I don't think AGTH has been updated for some years. There's a new text hooker that is currently being worked on, and that has support for more engines. It's ITH, and you can get it in this thread:

Even with that program, you might not see all the text. And you may need to use an agth-code for it. There's a AGTH thread on HF too, that you can request codes in, if there's not currently a code available.

I'll leave it at that.
Thank you for the help. I did try the different output flags, but they do nothing (there were only two flags, and strangely one is no different than the other). Unfortunately, ITH was not able to solve this problem either. I suppose Wolf RPG Editor is just built differently somehow. I will try to look into the specific codes for the game's texts.

aaaa112

Reputation score
Can't connect with dlsite web ???

all "dlsite" link I have the "Access Denied" page ,it said I dont' have permission to access
can someone tell me why because seem like everyone can access those dlsite link but me :(

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Can't connect with dlsite web ???

all "dlsite" link I have the "Access Denied" page ,it said I dont' have permission to access
can someone tell me why because seem like everyone can access those dlsite link but me :(
Either you're at work or it's parental controls.

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: anise

????? 'Cache' ? 80 ??? Errno::ENOENT ???????
No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/A and after the a there are some japanese or chinese words what do i do

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

????? 'Cache' ? 80 ??? Errno::ENOENT ???????
No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/A and after the a there are some japanese or chinese words what do i do
Do you run your system on japanese unicode AND have japanese rpg-maker VX RTP installed?

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i installed the japanese rpg maker but nothing

Dyna

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you run your system on japanese unicode AND have japanese rpg-maker VX RTP installed?
Did you installed the jpn RTP also with the Japanese Unicode?

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you trying to play the actual game or did you mistake the update patch for the game like I did a few weeks ago? The current version exceeds 700 MB.

If that's not the case, then try the following..

1. Change your computer's language to Japanese under the advanced tab in the Regional and Language Option (May require restart)

2. Close your internet browser and any programs possible that may be hogging up some virtual memory before playing the game. (If I remember correctly, some programs can conflict with rpgmaker)

There's also a lot of question marks in the error you provided so it's possible you haven't set up your unicode correctly.

Last edited:

salem

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i think i have the update because it wasnt that big

CPTKeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Anyone know what's the problem. If you recognize this game, you might have the idea that this part is the Video where she transforms "which is the problem I encounter.

Attachments

Last edited:

guerillas

Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

where's the "da klub" thread go? :confused: