What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

where's the "da klub" thread go? :confused:
The entire section had to be deleted because of a cease and desist order from ThriXXX.

Eijineer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I Can now play some RPGMaker games.. but, i can't understand any languages in-game, i only see square..
My windows is XP and i have unicode Japanese instaled.
Somebody can help?

here one screenshot.

johnkane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
looking for translation tools....

to play japanese games like miyomoto quest.

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm having problems with RPG Maker. Every now and then, the games think the up arrow button is stuck (repeats the movement non-stop), but I can exit the game and play non-rpgmaker games just fine. So, no button is actually stuck, RPGMaker just seems to think it is.
I usually have to restart the computer to get RPGMaker to behave. However, restarting the computer every hour is really getting on my nerves.

Does anyone know which, if any, of my files may be corrupt? Any patch or workaround exist?

It's been the worst with Virgin Quest and Dungeon Chronicles.

Also, my computer beeps right when it happens.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm having problems with RPG Maker. Every now and then, the games think the up arrow button is stuck (repeats the movement non-stop), but I can exit the game and play non-rpgmaker games just fine. So, no button is actually stuck, RPGMaker just seems to think it is.
I usually have to restart the computer to get RPGMaker to behave. However, restarting the computer every hour is really getting on my nerves.

Does anyone know which, if any, of my files may be corrupt? Any patch or workaround exist?

It's been the worst with Virgin Quest and Dungeon Chronicles.

Also, my computer beeps right when it happens.
Does your computer beeping, followed by this problem, happen when you're holding down the arrow key for a significant period of time(longer than say, 5 seconds)?

There's not a lot of things that cause your computer to beep, so I'd like to know so I can help you.

Also, is it your computer's onboard sound, or the speakers? Is it the kind of beep you hear when you're not allowed to do something/a notification box pops up, or is it a higher pitched beep?

Last edited:

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does your computer beeping, followed by this problem, happen when you're holding down the arrow key for a significant period of time(longer than say, 5 seconds)?

There's not a lot of things that cause your computer to beep, so I'd like to know so I can help you.

Also, is it your computer's onboard sound, or the speakers? Is it the kind of beep you hear when you're not allowed to do something/a notification box pops up, or is it a higher pitched beep?
Onboard sound, and not speakers. Kinda deep beep as if I'm not allowed to do something, but no notification box pops up. It's usually the beep that occurs whenever Windows tries to use its disability features (i.e. tapping shift 5 times enables key-lock or something like that), but I disabled every disability feature that I can find. I'll try to recreate the problem. It seems to be either when I hold down the arrow key or tap a key repeatedly, but I'll know better if I can manage to recreate it.

OP
P

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

Onboard sound, and not speakers. Kinda deep beep as if I'm not allowed to do something, but no notification box pops up. It's usually the beep that occurs whenever Windows tries to use its disability features (i.e. tapping shift 5 times enables key-lock or something like that), but I disabled every disability feature that I can find. I'll try to recreate the problem. It seems to be either when I hold down the arrow key or tap a key repeatedly, but I'll know better if I can manage to recreate it.
If you can't figure out how to recreate it, run psr.exe(it's a windows program for recording the steps to recreate a problem) and then do your best to cause the problem to happen. It'll make a nice little file with screenshots and everything you did to recreate the problem.

BeeFCake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
translation help

hi i dont know if this is in the right area so sorry if it isnt

im having some trouble with the games im getting i cant read japanese and i have no idea what program to use to translate the game could some1 help please thanks :D

Dragaman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Bug with japanese application

Hi,

I tried to launch a japanese application (on windows with applocate, then without applocate, on an ubuntu OS with japanese uft-8) but i always see :

Screen pic : img11.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_508787bug.png
( with http//: )

there is someone who can advice me ? :)

(I precise i can play to others japanese rpg-maker games so the problem is curious :confused:)

=> BeeFCake you can use chiitrans to read dialog and menu of japanese game in english, here is the link :
://sites.google.com/site/chiitranslator/eng (with http)

Last edited:

Amique

Reputation score
SOS : Edit Shockwave Flash Object ? (swf)

Hello,:)

I'm new. I wish to change the Shockwave Flash Object file (swf) to change the text and remove the censor. So what software should I use ?:(
Ex: Vampire Hunter N, miyuka, imoutoto in French and yet another.

please and thank you.

Ganonxchii

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: SOS : Edit Shockwave Flash Object ? (swf)

KP Romplestein or wgunder1 may be able to help you there.

Last edited:

rxworld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

there are few program that can open swf files. you can de-censoring those swf files with those program.

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

What you wish to accomplish is deceivingly complex. You will either have to open the .swf file in a Swf Decompiler, export it as a .fla file, open it in Flash, make your edits, and hope all the actionscript is salvaged, or you'll have to look up the "flash uncensor thread" on hongfire and look up the OP's tutorial on how to uncensor flashes with a hex editor and other programs.

There's no simply GUI interface that lets you do it to my knowledge.

Kp Romplestein

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This thread seems to have gotten kinda necro'd. I helped him through pm, so unless he responds to this thread I think I gave him all the pertinent info.

fatmancory

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can someone please tell me how to use agth with flash games? Or Is there a Different program more suited for that?

JFK_85

Reputation score

Hi everybody

I downloaded the Klub 17 v6.3 and also downloaded the mega content pack v 1.1. The problem is the content importer doesn't import the models at all:mad:. It just goes past them. Although, it did import Model number 338 only:confused: and I have no idea why. If some can Help, much is apprieciated.

Thx

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't believe we can actually help with The Klub 17, as it's an illegal modding of a pre-existing game which we had to completely delete from the forums.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Found a wonderfull program when I decided to play cave story for the first time a few days ago(yay!), called grebind
it's hosted on the cave story site, because the site named in the program is dead.

Anyway, this program is for all those games that don't have a way to configure the controlls to your liking, it comes with a readme, so read it and you'll know how to work the program. I'm not sure if this will work with anything other than the keyboard I have, US standard configuration, so if you've got something else you might be SOL.

Dragaman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Problem to launch RJ089768

Hi guys,

I would to play to this game :

i have japanese rtp and launched os in japanese unicode, yet i have the error :

can you help me ?