What's new

Hermit1991

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: MoGi:Origins - Public Demo Updated

yeah a100% savegame would be nice or where you start of the current beta update (not from new)

R

Ryka

Aw shit, Imma badass! I obtained the 1.17 version through an anonymous friend. >w>

All embarassingly evil gloating aside, I ran into a problem if you would still help a dirty scoundrel like me. It would seem that the game plays quite nicely with all the update. There's new music and stuff.

But then I get got. And while I'm pumpkinned (or other) the game slows to a near dying crawl. Is that something on my end or is there an issue that was fixed on a later version or is there a fix or trick for it?

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Aw shit, Imma badass! I obtained the 1.17 version through an anonymous friend. >w>

All embarassingly evil gloating aside, I ran into a problem if you would still help a dirty scoundrel like me. It would seem that the game plays quite nicely with all the update. There's new music and stuff.

But then I get got. And while I'm pumpkinned (or other) the game slows to a near dying crawl. Is that something on my end or is there an issue that was fixed on a later version or is there a fix or trick for it?
Perhaps get access to the demo legitimately and then use the normal feedback functions to let them know of the bug? Yeah dev is slow as molasses from some major redesigns they had to do along the way but otherwise the progress has been reliable.

R

Ryka

Um, I guess.

But like, I had the same issue with clocking on Future Fragments as well. I just want to see if I actually DO "buy demos" I could actually play the final product on my current machine.

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm all for support of the game but yeah, the buying a demo bit never really sits well with me. Especially when the only free version of the game is one that's terribly outdated.
That having been said I did try the game, enjoyed it despite a handful of issues and will probably support it later down the road. I find most of the bugs (Lack of invincibility frames, attacks taking too long to connect, etc.) kind of jarring and the repetition in the enemies to be off-putting, all things I imagine will eventually be corrected.

alphaikazuchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So are you guys ever gonna post saves for people who pledged? Because the game is good but I don't want to keep beating it every time there's an update.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Perhaps get access to the demo legitimately and then use the normal feedback functions to let them know of the bug? Yeah dev is slow as molasses from some major redesigns they had to do along the way but otherwise the progress has been reliable.
This might be a new concept to you, son, but back in the day we got a demo for free and the dev didn't release it before the game was near completion. This pants-on-head stupid idea of paying for an unfinished/barely started concept is so beyond reasonable comprehension that it makes me wonder if people like you aren't intentionally setting yourselves up for disappointment so you have more things to bitch about. Oh, but keep supporting projects like a blind idiot.

@Ryka: I've seen people on other forums report a consistent drop in framerate across the board, and I know the devs have reported it a few times. I would say if it's not fixed now, wait for them to release info on a future update on their blog. If nothing is mentioned about the framerates, assume they're unaware of it somehow, or they haven't got a fix for it yet.

@GMason: I found a few places where 1.9 and beyond are available, but I subscribe to the belief in "honor among thieves". I'll tell you that by comparison to that outdated demo, very little has changed. There's still an unforgiving repetition to enemies, the first boss (Oak) is trial and error repetition with patterns, the controls are clunky as fuck and need an overhaul, walking speed makes backtracking (and there is a lot of it in this game) a chore, and the hentai scenes are passable if not for the fact that the protagonist manages to be as incapable of putting up a decent struggle while a white square moves back and forth in an orange and pink bar that magically removes the girl from his crotch and puts him on his feet again.

Framerate drops are hardly the biggest issue, too, since there is a repetition in scenes being repeated and the only variation are expressions and gestures that add nothing. There is no indication as to why our protagonist just lays on his back while female monsters with (somewhat)Human anatomy molest him aside "They're strong enough to keep you down without binding your arms and legs". The dialogue feels like some kid's attempt at self-aware/self-deprecating humor and failing utterly, and that's when it isn't just cringe-worthy instead. The only thing this game has going for it is the embarrassing amount of gullible idiots with money who have zero impulse control (and given I've spent nearly $1000 on MtG cards, that's saying something) giving money to people who either have zero experience with the engines they're using, or so little that for them to produce a timely release is like asking a paraplegic to run a marathon.

But to sum it up, don't bother when (if) they release.

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nvm.

Last edited:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Anyone got a hacked version?
I doubt you'll find anyone on ulmf who would be willing to compromise their donor status to get you a free copy. Search the net and you're likely to find shared version of the most recent update. I wouldn't bother, though. Game's development is slow as balls and devs have apparently been working 3+ years on this project with a 1.5 out of 6 levels to show for it, and less than 10 of the planned 30 MoGi's in it.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I doubt you'll find anyone on ulmf who would be willing to compromise their donor status to get you a free copy. Search the net and you're likely to find shared version of the most recent update. I wouldn't bother, though. Game's development is slow as balls and devs have apparently been working 3+ years on this project with a 1.5 out of 6 levels to show for it, and less than 10 of the planned 30 MoGi's in it.
also the creator roams on this net too

R

Ryka

Disclaimer from my last post. If I knew TitanAnteus was passionate about pirate-stomping. I wouldn't have said anything. Me and Titan are self-proclaimed friends. I think he said earlier that he doesn't mind as long as you don't ask for pirate copies right in from of his nose, where he's advertising his stuff, which I totally understand.

*hugs TitanA*

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My bad. I offer my apologies to TitanA

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Disclaimer from my last post. If I knew TitanAnteus was passionate about pirate-stomping. I wouldn't have said anything. Me and Titan are self-proclaimed friends. I think he said earlier that he doesn't mind as long as you don't ask for pirate copies right in from of his nose, where he's advertising his stuff, which I totally understand.
oh, really?
hmm...... I think I'll go....surfing the, uh, net
and if anyone is interested in adding more friends, you could, um, PM me, yeah, heu heu.....
(kiddin')

procrastinator brad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if everyone here hasn't already read up on whats going on i'll just leave these here, so you can catch up

tldr: they know progress has been slow so they hired another programmer, titan has until the end of the month to put out the next beta or else they going to hire a company to finish the programming.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if everyone here hasn't already read up on whats going on i'll just leave these here, so you can catch up

tldr: they know progress has been slow so they hired another programmer, titan has until the end of the month to put out the next beta or else they going to hire a company to finish the programming.
wow the project was slow as hell with a lot of wierd bonus stuff but at least its going good :p