What's new

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Well its a huge kick in the nuts for the developer but sure its well deserved after that time doing nothing.

I agree, huge blow to them. But itss been three years of development...

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I agree, huge blow to them. But itss been three years of development...
And? You lost nothing all that time, they burned through their savings. And unlike other shameless devs (*cough* Breeding Season, S-Purple *cough*) they are still working on it, even hiring more guys to help with the game.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
And? You lost nothing all that time, they burned through their savings. And unlike other shameless devs (*cough* Breeding Season, S-Purple *cough*) they are still working on it, even hiring more guys to help with the game.
im sure people with patreon did, they should be keep the game updated to keep their patreons running instead of laking, bro its 3 years i cant believe the same freaking bug in the city when MC enters a window its still there...

dont even mention s-purple, he brought some good stuff in "quality" animations......sadly he was a scammer in the very end and cloud meadow its going in the same fate, im surprissed isnt shutdown like breeding season i guess becouse s-purple its still getting free money for delaying updates with almost no content.

Last edited:

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Their patreon was only set up when they returned to full swing. Up until a few month ago, they were running solely on the money they made in their offbeatr campaign.

dont even mention s-purple, he brought some good stuff in "quality" animations......
I beg to fucking differ, it was Vanilly (and Subtank for the last few updates) who did the animating, S-Purple laid back while drawing the subpar poses, which Vanilly came up with as well. And did you even know that the latest art iteration that made BS as good looking as it was in the end came from Vanilly as well? Yeah, S-Purple might have been the one who helped to kickstart BS, but the latest version we got had about 75% Vanilly in it, about 5% Fleetart, 5% Subtank and only 15% S-Purple, that "great" artist.

But enough of that rant against S, he can go choke on something spiky as far as I'm concerned. Yes, MoGi had a pretty substantial drought, but unlike BS, their drought was not caused by lazyness and unlike BS, both founders of MoGi are willing to finish this project.

Last edited:

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
but unlike BS, their drought was not caused by lazyness and unlike BS, both founders of MoGi are willing to finish this project.
To be fair, this is the exact same excuse people have heard time, and time, again. People will see the 3 year dev time for a partially-complete, buggy, mediocre H-game (I mean, the animations are pretty subpar you have to admit. Just passable, but subpar) and go 'You want $5 USD a month to play a demo that's not even updated every month, for a game that doesn't even look like it'll be finished in two years (if finished at all)? Fuck that! I'm going to just spend ten bucks and buy Barrage! and Pig-Iron Explorer.'

These devs make over $1000 USD a month. The last update that I can see ' ' was released April last year. This is in addition to all of the donations they received previous to (and alongside) their Patreon. All for a game that, honestly, looks like a browser flash game I would have played in 2008.

Support them and sing praise to their dedication all you want to, fine. I just hope that in two years time, you won't be saying:

"And? You lost nothing those past three years, they burned through their Patreon donations. And unlike other shameless devs (*cough* MoGi:Origins *cough*) they are still working on it, even hiring more guys to help with Furry Super Girl Rapists 9000."

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
These devs make over $1000 USD a month. The last update that I can see ' ' was released April last year. This is in addition to all of the donations they received previous to (and alongside) their Patreon. All for a game that, honestly, looks like a browser flash game I would have played in 2008.
Actually, the latest beta was which was released on June 30th, 2017. Though, cutting 9 down to 7 months without an update still isn't really that great.

Let me say as a person who's paid $30 for the beta access, that simply because a person hasn't paid for the game or become a patreon for the game doesn't make their opinion automatically invalid, regardless if you think they're opinion is/isn't justified.

Last edited:

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Let me say as a person who's paid $30 for the beta access, that simply because a person hasn't paid for the game or become a patreon for the game doesn't make their opinion automatically invalid, regardless if you think they're opinion is/isn't justified.
As someone who has also invested in their offbeatr campaign, there is a difference between someone who is informed and knows what he is talking about and anons on the internet talking shit. And he was the latter one. For 30$, you didn't get the best deal right now, but definitely better than many others have for their money. Even if MoGi explodes right now, if is to believed, they have already done most of the h-content, meaning that you'd at least not fall short on that end. Even so, they said that they are working on a new build and that it is close to completion, hence the silence, even though I'd prefer them to release updates regularly, even if there is nothing to show instead of tying blogposts to releases, but whatever.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
As someone who has also invested in their offbeatr campaign, there is a difference between someone who is informed and knows what he is talking about and anons on the internet talking shit.
Kind of like you, in all of your posts?

if is to believed
It's hearsay until we see the supposed work that's supposedly been done. I could show you flow charts, pie charts, etc that imply the devs behind Malice and the Machine have the story content, h-content, models, etc done and it would mean jack-shit without tangible proof.

For 30$, you didn't get the best deal right now, but definitely better than many others have for their money.
I've supported a few devs in my time and can tell you that that's fallacious and incorrect. I've supported developers for as little as $10 and received more from them in 6 months than you've received from the MoGi guys in 3 years. You can try and deflect criticism, but kindly leave personal bias and ignorance out of it, sir.

Even so, they said that they are working on a new build
3 years. 3. Fucking. Years. and "new build" when it's 2D art in a goddamn unity-like engine. I've seen unity games with goddamn 3D art progress faster than this shit. Oh, and what did they spend all that money and all that time doing? Right, releasing sub-par builds and then pissing around with scammers, looking for someone to take a substantial portion of the workload because they realized after year one that *gasp* a game requires time and effort. I shit you not, it's the most relevant topic on their blog to date on the basis of popularity alone.

Listen. If you want to defend their incompetence up to this point, that's fine. I have no issue with you wanting to throw your money at things like a jackass and then loudly proclaim that nothing and a blogpost with an excuse for the nothing is enough for you. What I take issue with is you insisting that not only are they somehow better than developers who have made more progress (because they aren't), and telling anyone with a dissenting opinion that they're wrong because you say so. No, you're wrong and

Last edited:

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Kind of like you, in all of your posts?

It's hearsay until we see the supposed work that's supposedly been done. I could show you flow charts, pie charts, etc that imply the devs behind Malice and the Machine have the story content, h-content, models, etc done and it would mean jack-shit without tangible proof.

I've supported a few devs in my time and can tell you that that's fallacious and incorrect. I've supported developers for as little as $10 and received more from them in 6 months than you've received from the MoGi guys in 3 years. You can try and deflect criticism, but kindly leave personal bias and ignorance out of it, sir.

3 years. 3. Fucking. Years. and "new build" when it's 2D art in a goddamn unity-like engine. I've seen unity games with goddamn 3D art progress faster than this shit. Oh, and what did they spend all that money and all that time doing? Right, releasing sub-par builds and then pissing around with scammers, looking for someone to take a substantial portion of the workload because they realized after year one that *gasp* a game requires time and effort. I shit you not, it's the most relevant topic on their blog to date on the basis of popularity alone.

Listen. If you want to defend their incompetence up to this point, that's fine. I have no issue with you wanting to throw your money at things like a jackass and then loudly proclaim that nothing and a blogpost with an excuse for the nothing is enough for you. What I take issue with is you insisting that not only are they somehow better than developers who have made more progress (because they aren't), and telling anyone with a dissenting opinion that they're wrong because you say so. No, you're wrong and
Would you be so kind and just leave already, seriously. If you are one of the many people who haven't invested a dime into this project, you have no investment in its success whatsoever, so why are you even here? Just move on if you think it's a failure, don't bother. If you have invested in it, then you knew, or at least should have known the inherently risky nature of kickstarter, patreon or offbeatr projects. You have only yourself to blame for investing in these kind of projects and feeling "betrayed" afterwards.

If you don't believe in the information the devs themselves put out, then again, leave already, you are doing noone a favor in sticking around. I don't care how good some of the deals were you made, I don't care if you bought Portal for 1.99$ and that those "lousy h-games" should put out more and better content for that kind of money they got, just because you got better deals somewhere else. This is a non-professional scene. The devs, for the most part, have no experience in handling a project and it is only natural for them to waste money and time on something a more professional developer would not. If you expect your money to pay out like it does when investing into a AAA game, then do yourself a favor and just leave, because it never will.

Again, just leave already, will you? You are clearly not interested in taking the risk involved with backing inexperienced developers that just pursue a passion. Noone is forcing you to give them money, you only have yourself to blame if you do. Of course it is extremely shitty if they just bail on their project, but these devs are not! They are still working on it, they are close to releasing the next beta version, and all you guys do is whine, because you are either too lazy or too jaded to read through or believe the information the developers are putting out there. Why do you think you, above all people, can judge them on their progress? Are you the one developing a game? What game on here has ever released on time or stuck to the scedule the devs set themselves? I have waited 2 years now for Ghot Hunter Vena to release, the game was developed by one guy alone and it has the overall length of the MoGi beta that is currently aviable. Do I blame the dev of Vena for taking so long? Of course not, he is just one dude who set out to make that game. Why should it be so different for MoGi? Because they give you the OPTION (<- !!!!!) to support them in return for a beta that the dev of Ghost Hunter Vena never released? No, of course not! If I support them, I take a risk! You take a risk if you do. When the whole project comes crashing down like Breeding Season did, then you are rightful to complain, as those devs just took the money and left. But these devs didn't. You'd know that if you read their posts, but I know you didn't because you are the idiot complaining about shit you have no dealings in.

They are incompetent. They are as incompetent as the rest of all the devs on this forum. They are laymen, they all are. Who are you to expect them to get everything right on their first try, of course they don't, that is what I meant by saying that you take a risk supporting those projects. All you do with your shitty posts about this game being dead despite not giving the devs even the chance to defend themselves, is discouraging them to interact with the community or even to continue working on their project.
It is you, not me, who should grow up and accept that you are supporting laymen here. No AAA devs. They will do as many mistakes as they will get something right. If you are not willing to take the risk in supporting them, if you'd rather support the next unimaginative RPG fuckshow, just because they wont be delayed, then do so and don't discourage these devs, who are just normal people, to follow their dream, which you can support on your own accord!

Last edited:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Would you be so kind and just leave already, seriously. If you are one of the many people who haven't invested a dime into this project, you have no investment in its success whatsoever, so why are you even here?
Because I might want to invest at some point? Basically, who are you to tell me to go away? Are you the developer? Do you represent them in a legal fashion? Are you their PR guy? I don't think you're any of those, so basically, you've got no room to speak.

If you have invested in it, then you knew, or at least should have known the inherently risky nature of kickstarter, patreon or offbeatr projects. You have only yourself to blame for investing in these kind of projects and feeling "betrayed" afterwards.
If I put my money in the bank, I trust that bank to keep an eye on my money and have an explanation when it vanishes for no reason. If I invest in stocks, I have the expectation that the company I'm investing in will be making money and the value of my shares will go up. There is an inherent risk in investments of any kind, yes, but you know what the banks and investment agents don't say when your money is no longer increasing? "HURF DURF THERE'S A RISK! YOU HAVE NOBODY BUT YOURSELF TO BLAME!" Hell, you don't go to the board of a major comapny/franchise when you start bleeding money with that bullshit excuse. You make damn sure you can explain shit or start tendering your resignation. Oh, and then that company has to make cuts to make up for the losses.

If you don't believe in the information the devs themselves put out
Then there is a reason and instead of blindly defending bullshit, you should consider why someone would be skeptical about a developer with a poor track record so far. Right now, you're blatantly expressing the kind of position that turns the majority of would-be investors away from something, and makes current investors consider pulling out. You're blindly defending a project that has been mismanaged and is now getting its just criticism as such. Defending it and telling naysayers to "go away" only hurts the developer. You might think, in your limited way, that you are doing good and helping; but, the simple fact is, you're doing just the opposite. Your next point in this paragraph is fallacious and utterly ridiculous. I won't bother attacking it because there's nothing of substance worth attacking.

You are clearly not interested in taking the risk involved with backing inexperienced developers that just pursue a passion.
Not that it's any of your business, butI have invested in kickstarters. I supported the devs for Malice and the Machine and pulled support when the progress they were making didn't satisfy the investment I put in. I support for 6-10 months and saw so little progress and too many excuses to justify continuing my support. I invested in a platformer that launched a year or so ago and pulled support mostly because I didn't like the direction it was going. Nothing against the developer or their progress (because it was pretty consistent), but the content wasn't to my liking. I supported that about 6 months. I invested in a 3D monstergirl game for 6 months, even going so far as to campaign on multiple forums for the game to attain further funding and public presence. I've invested in a couple other projects that, for one reason or another, I've withdrawn my support from. Of those, Only 2 have disappointed me.

I won't bother with the rest. It's again a fallacious argument with no basis in reality and you expect everyone to limit themselves the way you limit yourself in order to criticize the project. Also, you don't need to be a musician to criticize a song, buddy. You don't need to be a developer to say something is shit, and anyone who argues otherwise is losing the argument already.

They are incompetent. They are as incompetent as the rest of all the devs on this forum.
Fallacious. I've seen a lot more developers on this forum alone make better progress than the MoGi devs. Hell, ToroToro Resistance has released the third part of a visual novel and two parts to an rpgmaker with more assets, more detail, more everything than this game. The developer for Monstergirls and Sorcery has produced more than the MoGi devs. Zell23 has provided more updates. I could go on for hours on who has done more work, more consistently than these guys. I could go on for hours and beat you down so horrendously that they would need a an actual backhoe to dig your dignity out of the hole I buried it in. Basically, your point is not just stupid, but so utterly misinformed that addressing it further is bullying.

They are laymen, they all are. Who are you to expect them to get everything right on their first try, of course they don't, that is what I meant by saying that you take a risk supporting those projects. All you do with your shitty posts about this game being dead despite not giving the devs even the chance to defend themselves, is discouraging them to interact with the community or even to continue working on their project.
The thing is, nobody expects them to release a stable build without bug-testing, and even then, for something unexpected to pop up because that shit happens. Hell, look at a majority of the responses to new/ongoing projects with a working demo and/or consistent build releases. Bugs. Errors. Grammar. Nobody expects a miracle of programming, writing, etc on the first try. Hell, the majority of responses since the developers of MoGi Origins returned to the forum has been "that's neat, but where's the proof?" It's not unfair to expect substance for such a long period of nothing. Telling people to "go away" and "you took a risk, it's your fault!" is not just stupid, it's utterly childish. Shame on you.

If the developers feel "bullied", it's their own damn fault. This isn't victim-blaming. They are beholden to investors to produce, and, failing that, explain why production has slowed/stopped, or will be doing so. They chose to wait 2 years to explain this. You realize how utterly unprofessional this is, right? Oh, and don't tell me I can't say anything on the matter. This is a (mostly) public forum, and I can add my two cents if only because I might invest if they show a legitimate turn-around. You have no authority or right to tell others to go away. Don't like it? Open your own forum. Nobody will miss you.

It is you, not me, who should grow up and accept that you are supporting laymen here. No AAA devs. They will do as many mistakes as they will get something right. If you are not willing to take the risk in supporting them, if you'd rather support the next unimaginative RPG fuckshow, just because they wont be delayed, then do so and don't discourage these devs, who are just normal people, to follow their dream, which you can support on your own accord!
This entire paragraph is utterly stupid. First-off, you're a layman. Triple A developers are made up of *gasp* laymen. You think Todd Howard does everything in the development of every Bethesda game? Or Peter Molyneux programmed everything in Fable? No, those are talking heads. They have so little actual input in a game, and the majority of programmers, etc are generally over-qualified/under-paid nobodies you'll only know about if you invest the time and effort to look into their project history. Otherwise, how many programmers can you name who worked on Mass Effect 1 without looking?

Secondly, investments are a risk, but a risk with the expectation that I am getting something of substance in return. This is a basic concept that a child grasps, so kindly explain why it is so difficult for you to comprehend. Oh, and thirdly, this game isn't exactly a fucking masterpiece of programming. I've played flash games, Unity games, etc that share several qualities with this game. I made a point about re-inventing the wheel in other dev's thread wherein all these devs who try to build a new engine (as the MoGi guys tried) and only manage doing something slightly different to what already exists are basically wasting time. If the wheel already exists, you don't ignore it because your head is too far up your own ass. You take that wheel, paint it another shade or, better yet, tweak it to be a better wheel. Hell, this one autistic anon talking about a children's card game sums it up perfectly:

Finally, the argument "b-but they're not Triple A" is also completely stupid. A Triple A developer fucks up, too. EA is living proof. What the consumer expects is for the developer not to blame them and tell them that they're the problem, but to apologize for the fuck-up, receive their criticism, and then say they will do their best to avoid that same fuck-up and actually mean it through their actions. That isn't unreasonable, either, and is a sign not just of maturity, but a commitment to re-establish the faith of the people you are already beholden to, and the people you hope will become invested in your product. If that's too hard a concept for you, personally, to grasp, then I can't help you. Hell, the entire tone of your posts has been that Chris Crocker video years ago where he cries like a baby and tells people to "leave Britney alone!" Hell,

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Would you be so kind and just leave already, seriously. If you are one of the many people who haven't invested a dime into this project, you have no investment in its success whatsoever, so why are you even here?
And just like that, you've lost all credibility that your argument might have made sense.

So do I have to drop $60 to $100+ on Battlefront 2 (2017) an it's DLC to recognize it's bad business practices and tell other people it's bad? No I don't.
Do I have to pay $5 a month for something that doesn't deliver? Why should I? It's a charity case at that point.
And if you're really thinking "$5 isn't much!" Then I can tell you either don't know what money management is or you straight up don't have a job.

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
And just like that, you've lost all credibility that your argument might have made sense.

So do I have to drop $60 to $100+ on Battlefront 2 (2017) an it's DLC to recognize it's bad business practices and tell other people it's bad? No I don't.
Do I have to pay $5 a month for something that doesn't deliver? Why should I? It's a charity case at that point.
And if you're really thinking "$5 isn't much!" Then I can tell you either don't know what money management is or you straight up don't have a job.
What the hell do you even try to prove? How does your argument even apply to the argument I and the other guy had? No, of course you don't have to buy BF2 to recognize what a shitshow EA is pulling, but as you haven't invested in BF2, you have no reason to complain about it, with the notable and completely valid exception that EA is an industry giant, whose actions will most likely have consequences for the whole gaming industry. If you don't want EA's shady practises to become the norm, then you have to speak up. Arguably you should've spoken up way earlier even, but I digress.

So, aside from making a nonsensical argument, you are comparing apples with the entire apple industry. Two laymen working on a passion project versus one of the best known and biggest publishers.
My argument is not that you are incapable of judging a project until you've invested in it, my argument is that you have no right to bitch about a project you perceive to be halting, even though you have no stake in the success of the project, as you haven't given up anything to support it in the first place.

I also never said that you had to plegde to their patreon. To the contrary, I said that pledging is completely optional and done out of your own accord.
But when people start defending others who are illegally sharing the beta on the devs own thread, then yes, my argument is that those people should rather leave than trying to defend those who are maliciously sharing the beta.
Also, nice comparison. Not having a job = not being able to judge the value of 5$. One would think it would be the other way around.

Last edited:

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Peter, I've got something that's going to blow your fucking mind. Wanna hear the best kept secret of the past several years?
Alright, here it goes: This website.... has been sharing files illegally for quite a while. Astounding, right? So let's go back a bit to this thread's creation. A guy creates a thread to advertise his game on a forum known for (Again - typically illegally) sharing this sort of game, and you act surprised/offended when *GASP* THAT FILE IS SHARED?!?!!?
I mean c'mon man, your argument's been blown out of the water so thoroughly at this point there's literally nothing else I could add beside asking you to either move on or at least try to be a bit more rational in the points you're attempting to make.