What's new

ADV Way (English Version)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Way (English Version)

Changing the numerals won't make a difference in difficulty. It's pretty easy to remember which card has which symbol.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

I could never quite get my head around how the card game worked, which upset me, since it seemed quite cool.
This card game is actually the Korean card game known to the Western world as "GoStop". However, the rules have been altered concerning scoring in this game, so that you never "lose" to the girl, you only lose by "go"ing too much and not landing enough points to stop. In GoStop, players gamble money and "Go"ing puts more stakes on the line while "stop"ping allows you to keep the winnings you've earned.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

This card game is actually the Korean card game known to the Western world as "GoStop". However, the rules have been altered concerning scoring in this game, so that you never "lose" to the girl, you only lose by "go"ing too much and not landing enough points to stop. In GoStop, players gamble money and "Go"ing puts more stakes on the line while "stop"ping allows you to keep the winnings you've earned.
...no, this is another modified version of hanafuda which is a relatively traditional Japanese card game originally based off of western influences.

Nintendo originally got its start making hanafuda cards.

Go-Stop is another modified version of hanafuda koreans play. Way doesn't use this version in that it doesn't use most of the modified rules and the scoring tables are different. The most important difference is that there is no multiplier system for scoring, so the payout for continuing is much lower in Way.

The primary Go-Stop rule that overlaps in Way is the call system. Basically being able to choose to end the game when you score. Even this is different because Go-Stop has set minimum limits for calling stop.

The root system that both Way and Go-Stop are based on is hanafuda. You can consider them to be about the same number of steps away from it. There are actually quite a few different versions of hanafuda played throughout east asia.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Fair enough Bowser, but the scoring system also uses Go-stop's sequences when adding up points. On your wiki of hanafuda it claims that each card is worth a specific number of points, while in Go-Stop you earn money based off of the combinations of cards you collect during the game. There's also the call system, and yes, it doesn't include multipliers in this game.

I guess you could call it another modified hanafuda, but the call system and the fact that the point-earning combinations are almost straight from Go-Stop make me relate it to Go-Stop strongly.

The only thing I don't recall to be able to do is "shake" my cards, and the "bonus" cards seem to be absent.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The game itself claims to be a version of hanafuda.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

who cares i love this game.
True. True. I was a bit too presumptuous in my first post. No need to argue.

Actually, this game required a bit too much luck for me to push through and find all the CGs. That, and I was too lost to know if I had even seen all the CGs XD.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

yea but the more you play the more cards you can get. after like 300 hours of gameplay you get so many cards you accidentally get points.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

yea but the more you play the more cards you can get. after like 300 hours of gameplay you get so many cards you accidentally get points.
I did not know this.

I did know that the more you play the more girls you unlock and new sex options with some of the girls though.

Also, has anyone else managed to break the game?

I got a loop going with the girl in the top left where as long as I scored some points I could keep going, by having her masturbate and then ass fucking her. When my score reached about 300 the game crashed :(

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

yea its a good idea to let them "take a break" every once in a while. but yea if you play with a girl more often then when you play with her you get more cards.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Oh right, yes, the further a girl's training is, the more cards there will be at the start on the playing field.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

exactly. though I wouldn't call it training....

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

That's what it calls it in the tutorial :p

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

I thought it was your training not theirs...

motai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

any chance someone could post new links i got new computer and i miss this game

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You necro a four year old thread, asking for the game?

Try looking in google for it.

You may just find it.

Jack archer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I should have it around here somewhere. let me search

sniff3005

Demon Girl
Reputation score

here try this link. im currently DLing this as well. ill let u know if its legit.

EDIT: seems to be the right game

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You necro a four year old thread, asking for the game?

Try looking in google for it.

You may just find it.
This and the next post... This is why I love this site.

"Dude this thing is four years old. Just a second."

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know this post is 4 years old BUT is there a walk through for this , I just started my game up and took one look at it and is completely lost @_@