What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Eeeee ty! Yeah it does it on both the missionaries.
Hehe. While fixing it I remembered why I didn't do it in the first place. Most of them missionary animations looks very vaginal and it didn't make sense to me at that point to include an anal variation for it. But (while I'm not into male victims) you do have a point and I'll be fixing it anyway~ And on the interesting side, this gave me a new idea for a the anal missionary variant. I'm gonna make it so the victim switches to a different animation (if present in the animations of the victim) when anal is active. As far as my Shana goes I'll probably put her on her belly and get her humped in the butt that way.

Oh and Fenril (sorry didn't see the message earlier), what MUGEN version are you using? My Umbreon is strictly for 1.1 due to a number of different things I'm using.

Last edited:

Elnuo

Reputation score
Progress on Nazuna is going decent, working on doggy style victim sprites for her, wolf needs a couple of tweaks but at a basic level, it's functional.
I'll admit that I used a bit of Umbreon's code as a base but it's completely different now.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Progress on Nazuna is going decent, working on doggy style victim sprites for her, wolf needs a couple of tweaks but at a basic level, it's functional.
I'll admit that I used a bit of Umbreon's code as a base but it's completely different now.
Hehe. That much is fine. I just heavily dislike what that guy on Mugenarchive did, copy-pasting my code, altering it slightly and calling it his own. Glad to hear you are making progress :D
I managed to get some things done today too, for once =A = Just a few minor tweaks left, then I'll make a video and then I'll release it... probably with people finding a shitton of bugs again because of how different they play from me <.< That being said, I'll probaby never optimize my Humpreon for 2v2 matches.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Speaking of Umbreon, I was trying to see why it was so talked-about but it gives me this error whenever I try to use it.

Code:
Error message: Can't load Umbreon.sff
Error loading chars/Umbreon/Umbreon.def
Error loading p2

Library error message: Error reading sprite sff/logo.sff
Cutscene error reading data/system/logo.def
I think I got ninja posted and you didn't see mine but I was hoping you could answer why this happens if I try to use Umbreon.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think I got ninja posted and you didn't see mine but I was hoping you could answer why this happens if I try to use Umbreon.
I did mention you in my other post, tellng you that Umbreon is for MUGEN 1.1, asking you which version you are using. You never replied.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Eh? Oh, I didn't see the edit. And I checked and see I have 1.00. I guess that's why.

Anyways, I saw that video before and I'm kinda wondering which version of Akane that is. She has this animation where she tries elbow jabbing her attacker when she's pinned doggystyle and I'm kinda interested in that version.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That's a little bit ironic, given you have your own character you will never release. :p
I release my Umbreon. And everything else should I make anything. It's Shana and Shana alone that I will never release. That fucker (among others) never releases anything. Next time you might want to think before insulting me like this =A =;

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
Next time you might want to think before insulting me like this =A =;
Pointing out irony is not an insult. Calling you a hypocritical butthead would be an insult. Which, to be clear, I'm not doing. It is ironic, and slightly hypocritical to boot, but one character isn't enough to get upset over; thus, I do not consider you to be a butthead.

.. Well, maybe slightly a butthead. But not enough to get upset over.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Pointing out irony is not an insult. Calling you a hypocritical butthead would be an insult. Which, to be clear, I'm not doing. It is ironic, and slightly hypocritical to boot, but one character isn't enough to get upset over; thus, I do not consider you to be a butthead.

.. Well, maybe slightly a butthead. But not enough to get upset over.
I was mainly joking, honestly. :p That being said, I don't take real insults really well, you will probably notice when I really do feel insulted :p
On the note of releasing things - will people even be willing and bother to make extra animations for their characters once I release that Umbreon update? Because it will need custom sprites. And some of the stuff I'm implementing might not be for everyone anyway :')

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
I was mainly joking, honestly. :p
Ah, apologies. Your phrasing gave it a rather defensive tone.

will people even be willing and bother to make extra animations for their characters once I release that Umbreon update?
For my part, I have at least a few victims with sprites that could be repurposed for the missionary anal animation. Ferir's sprites for Kuromaru's tentacle trap, for instance. And in most other cases, I imagine a minor edit to existing missionary sprites would do the job.

(The following paragraph assumes "people" refers to MUGEN creators at large, rather than just this forum. If it does not, feel free to yell at me for my unnecessary rambling.)

Beyond myself? Would be largely a matter of your Umbreon becoming known enough that lewd spriters know there's something to make sprites for, and popular enough to create demand. Or just one/a few people commissioning sprite and/or animation work I guess, but relying on that seems like a sucker's game to me. Probably the best thing you could do would be to share your Umbreon and some compatible victims anywhere there might be some level of interest. There's a lewd May/Haruka character floating around somewhere. If you care enough to put in the time and effort, (and money? iirc you said you commission most of your sprites,) you could try getting compatibility on her to work the Pokémon angle, and then grow interest from there. There's also the kuromaru_press edit someone made with a vaginal/anal switch function and released with a corresponding Petra (mugeryona1977, if you haven't seen it yet) - compatibility with that kuromaru would likely be quite easy to translate to Umbreon.

Now that I think about it.. Assuming you're implementing a leg overlay function for the missionary anal position, are you planning to call a separate set of animations for it? Calling the existing leg overlay could make things awkward on characters that use on-back "standard" missionary sprites with on-belly anal sprites.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
I have tried so many times to get a working version of a Sex MUGEN working and I just cannot get any of the characters to be compatible with each other.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Now that I think about it.. Assuming you're implementing a leg overlay function for the missionary anal position, are you planning to call a separate set of animations for it? Calling the existing leg overlay could make things awkward on characters that use on-back "standard" missionary sprites with on-belly anal sprites.
I am assuming she is talking about the new helpers she is adding and not missionary anal. I didnt take her response to mean she would make a new needed animation for that but just change the internal shot to the anal one instead of the vaginal one which always appears during missionary. This for when you are using male characters as victims.

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
I am assuming she is talking about the new helpers she is adding and not missionary anal. I didnt take her response to mean she would make a new needed animation for that but just change the internal shot to the anal one instead of the vaginal one which always appears during missionary
I direct you to page 131, post #1961:
I'm gonna make it so the victim switches to a different animation (if present in the animations of the victim) when anal is active.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I am assuming she is talking about the new helpers she is adding and not missionary anal. I didnt take her response to mean she would make a new needed animation for that but just change the internal shot to the anal one instead of the vaginal one which always appears during missionary. This for when you are using male characters as victims.
Oh I was indeed talking about the helpers in this case. The special anal pose is gonna be a bit off in the future somewhere... I decided to follow one or another weird fetish for now lol.
And about what Tigris said earlier: I don't think I'll be able to include any example victims heh. Thing is, because it costs money to get sprites made for me and I have, well... a limited amount of that... I mainly make these things for myself and probably won't spend any on that many other victims. And even I do it's in the distant future : /

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
*sigh*
Nothing against Gettag, but the guy REALLY needs to be a bit cleaner and more methodical when working on characters.
I'm going through each one of the characters that he's modified and:

1.) Almost NONE of his non-original victim characters are the most updated, meaning, after he's modified them, they fall into 'branches' of the character, rather than 'updates'. Some of his characters are missing compatibility with other rapers or are missing great hentai features. It seems all he really cares about is whether HIS rapers work with those victims (basically, the 4 'press' moves and a few extras like the special BJ move for the Bloody Tower raper), which greatly limits the scope of his work. Hence why I'm actually going through every one of his characters, taking what he's done in terms of sprites and anims, and painstakingly transferring all of them over, so that the victim characters in my own mugen still have compatibility with other rapers.

2.) He's super messy in his sprite groups. Rather than reassign sprite group numbers if the hentai sprites already exists, he just adds them and dumps them to the front so his anims work. Pragmatically, yes, it functions properly. But in terms of future-proofing and utility, it's one hot mess. For example, in the CVSMika_H character, there are three different 19230 sprite groups. Another thing I'm doing is reassigning his sprite groups, and then subsequently rewriting his anims: the reason for this is because some characters have diversity in their sprites for the same H-attack, which I love. For example, the Mino H-attack for doggystyle and the Dongwhan H-attack for doggystyle don't use the same victim sprite groups; however, I think it looks so much better when the character has variety in how they look against a different raper (newer/different is always better, right?).

3.) He's not organized in his sprites. What I mean by this, rather than combine this point with the previous one, is that he doesn't appear to use the 'Organizer' function of FF3 at all. Sprites are all over the place, in different order (I like mine in the correct orders so I can find things easily). It's fine not to Auto-Organize (IMHO, it's better not to, in order to keep all the H-sprites together), but at least use the directional arrows to sort everything out...and even using the Find feature sucks with his characters, because as I said before, he's super messy and there are often duplicates to some sprite groups.

Anyway, on the bright side, he IS releasing his characters "for free" which is nice (though he IS getting paid through his patrons for that), and he is dumping out his changelogs (which are not only incomplete, but also inaccurate which is super annoying too; as a technical writer, it's one of my pet peeves). Makes my task a little easier. But man, I wish he would just release his sprites like MSL and get someone else to do the work on his victim characters, so he could just focus on spriting and working on his raper characters, which he's decent at.

Ah well. I suppose I can't really complain TOO much...I just think I'm doing a lot of extra work that shouldn't be necessary if Gettag were more careful.
Oh, and if anyone really cares, I figured out the password to the Birdie from the Ryona Uploader which is now deleted (was uploaded 10/30/17). It was "hiji" (elbow); the hint was "pizza" written out ten times in katakana. Apparently comes from a Japanese visual/phonetic game connecting the 'pizza' sound to the 'knee' sound in Japanese. Whatever. After opening the file...it led me to not another link but ANOTHER puzzle. Damn xenophobes. Still really want that Birdie though, lol.

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I release my Umbreon. And everything else should I make anything. It's Shana and Shana alone that I will never release. That fucker (among others) never releases anything.
Eh, you still partake in the practice of "look at this thing you can never get because reasons" that those guys do. Not doing it as much doesn't really excuse it.
I mean (to use an over the top metaphor that still gets the point across), if I were forced to choose, I'd take the guy who's only gonna stab me once rather than one of the guys who'd stab me 23 times. But I'd much rather not get stabbed at all, if you get me.

Of course, you do you. I just thought it was humourous enough to comment on. :D

NSR

Lurker
Reputation score
Eh, you still partake in the practice of "look at this thing you can never get because reasons" that those guys do. Not doing it as much doesn't really excuse it.
I mean (to use an over the top metaphor that still gets the point across), if I were forced to choose, I'd take the guy who's only gonna stab me once rather than one of the guys who'd stab me 23 times. But I'd much rather not get stabbed at all, if you get me.

Of course, you do you. I just thought it was humourous enough to comment on. :D
I don't say much (Join date / post count evident) . But this is a really bad hot take/opinion to make. If anything this only spurs the mentality that used to go on in 2007~ish mugen infantry days with warehousing and such. Having a "I want it all" attitude instead of respecting content creators, especially ones that at least do release things makes me wonder is it too hard to be respectful of what they choose not to release? Like at the end of the day, content creators, especially unique ones have been growing scarce. Do you really want to jade/upset the few who are left or have them decide "hey, they're ungrateful" and never release anything again? I say with all due respect, it's not a good look to comment on/jab at since it comes across as disrespectful and pushy trying to "make him release it" more than humorous.

I can't speak as a content creator anymore, much less for Xion but this is just from an outlook that used to/knew and associated with creators often. It might hurt to say but, if what little he doesn't release bothers you, work to learn/create or commission your own copy.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
My two cents:

First and foremost, I don't want any of the unreleased content that both of your are withholding because it doesn't interest me. Therefore, it's irrelevant to me whether or not it actually gets released.

Second, it's hypocritical to chastise one person of withholding content they created while withholding content of your own. It doesn't matter how much one person is withholding compared to the other, you're still a hypocrite if you're doing the very thing you're condemning.

Thirdly, you're an ass if you go out and create content, show the internet you made it, and then dangle it out like a carrot on a stick and say "ha ha, you can't have this." If you're gonna make your own characters for private use then keep it private. Don't tell the world about it just to make them envious of your work.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeah I don't liek mugenrape guy either.

xionfenix however has a good reason. Shana is his waifu. And actually shared Umbreon with general public.

So everyone calm down yo mantits. I'd be getting into trying to make an mugen character too if I had plenty of free time.

If you want someone to burn at an stake. I recommend mugenrape dude. He takes other people's work and doesn't share instead of doing everything from ground zero which makes him a massive hypocrite.