What's new

(Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

Sisulart

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: (Nutaku) Milenium War Aigis (English Version)

The first 1-2 Weaks is mostly Pastoral Gate farming for Gold and Units, lvl your Gold and Silvers to ca. lvl 20 and spend your Stamina for Tutorial missions to get Katie, but dont do the daily today u will regreat it.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So are there any things that a new player should know or avoid? I don't want to make newbie mistakes like I did when I just started playing Lord of Valkyrie.

I guess the most significant question is what I should spend Sacred Crystals on.

Last edited:

NutakuDev

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Braemer's advice in the JP thread is actually spot-on, so I hope he won't mind if I quote him here.

Braemir said:
At the absolute beginning of the game, never "eat" your silver units. Eating refers to the act of sacrificing one of your units so your other units can gain EXP, as shown in the second menu. Many of them are actually quite viable. If you have to eat them, at least use fairies and pump up their level to ~21 or so because higher level units yield more experience.

Fairies give 2x bonus corresponding to the proper fairy rarity. Resulting in 8x in total (3 fairies) along with your sacrificed unit.

Cardinal rule of the game: raise who you like. There's plenty of hilarious builds out there (all dragon soldiers, all bandits, you get the idea). Draa: not that they will always work, but favorite > efficiency works most of the time. Since character grows significantly due to affection points and outside of a few character, there are no bad characters to invest in.

Take things slow. Do not, under any circumstance, feed on Valerie (Silver Mage) or Calliope (Silver Witch). This results in instant regret and isn't recoverable for non-cash users.

Valkyries and bandits are best sources of EXP food because the former gives more EXP/per level AND only promotes other Valkyries. Bandits has the second lowest number of useful promotions, hence why they're appropriate. Note, all male characters gives more exp than female. (Silver 150 versus 300, gold 250 versus 750 exp)

If possible, save at least one copy of each silver unit for class changes. CC refers to class change. Think of Fire Emblem - in FE you can class change at 10 but you lose out on stats. Same thing here. Characters CC at level 30, but can go up to level 50. Rule of thumb is to 50CC anything silver+. Don't go for a 50CC on silver unless you're a completionist. There are perks to having an early CC if it means you can get through an event vs. none. Event characters in this game never disappoints.

For silvers, if you don't have any characters you actually like, go for CC'd healer, heavy armor, and mage as your first priorities.

In more details:

•If the silver healer Arisa (long blue hair) isn’t your favorite, go ahead and 30CC her, the other silver healer doruka (short black hair) has more copies available to cost reduce her

•Rean the silver heavy armor should always be 50CCed unless you have a better HA

•Mage wise, unless you really need a warlock, valerie should be 50CCed. Keep in mind most of the time, you can use bronze mage to do Valerie’s job. But some times, a bronze mage’s damage/range just doesn’t cut it

Drops are pre-determined based on when you load in. Mobs will drop the same item consistently - eg. in aerial battle the last mob will always drop a fairy if you "rolled" a fairy for the stage. The 8th mob's always a gem, etc..

Sisulart

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So are there any things that a new player should know or avoid? I don't want to make newbie mistakes like I did when I just started playing Lord of Valkyrie.

I guess the most significant question is what I should spend Sacred Crystals on.
Mostly for Box Expansions, in good events as Stamina and Charisma refils and if you want to summon a unit, only use Premium and avoid Rare at all cost.

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ill be adding some screnshoots in a while.

also will be adding a miniguide (note i just came back from work :p)

btw i was seriously dissapointed with bella. i loved her but when i saw her lolish image on the CG i knew that there was something wrong D:

used the gate 2 more times Barbastroff is really stalking me T_T HALP!

BtW just wanted to ask... well be getting events right? because it worried me a bit that chloris and the elf Healer are obtainable before their events....maybe they shouldnt be up yet?....or maybe it would be a nice idea to change them to Nutaku exclusives? i mean its weird that we can get them before their events....

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm already fairly frustrated with this game. The mechanics seem really poor even compared to F2P tower games such as those on Newgrounds. There is a general problem with responsiveness. Even in the menus lots of clicks are ignored as if the game was taking up entirely WAY more resources than you'd expect from a flash game. To get 3* wins you need to go deathless, but some enemies do insane damage from crazy range. Also, its just bad form to have to defend from 4 directions in a tower defense game (especially in the early game). The pace is also rather bad. In good tower defense games the difficulty scales well as time goes on, but in this one its not uncommon (again, even in early missions) to get hit by massive waves immediately before adequate preparations are even possible. I have a feeling that the way this game handles its inadequacies in strategy is by letting you over time build units that simply destroy the world. Personally, I want to feel like I won via strategy and not simply by grinding unit upgrades.

How do I get materials for bonding? I got a pack of 3 from one mission but haven't got any more by mission 16. It doesn't even seem like they can be bought.

Last edited:

schogette

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You get them through Challange Quest.
Charisma Quests are for Cards and Stamina for Jewels/Flowers.
But no idea what Urgent Mission Drill is, waiting for it till someone enlightens me.

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm already fairly frustrated with this game. The mechanics seem really poor even compared to F2P tower games such as those on Newgrounds. There is a general problem with responsiveness. Even in the menus lots of clicks are ignored as if the game was taking up entirely WAY more resources than you'd expect from a flash game. To get 3* wins you need to go deathless, but some enemies do insane damage from crazy range. Also, its just bad form to have to defend from 4 directions in a tower defense game (especially in the early game). The pace is also rather bad. In good tower defense games the difficulty scales well as time goes on, but in this one its not uncommon (again, even in early missions) to get hit by massive waves immediately before adequate preparations are even possible. I have a feeling that the way this game handles its inadequacies in strategy is by letting you over time build units that simply destroy the world. Personally, I want to feel like I won via strategy and not simply by grinding unit upgrades.

How do I get materials for bonding? I got a pack of 3 from one mission but haven't got any more by mission 16. It doesn't even seem like they can be bought.
umm dood.....youre supoused to stay at pastoral gate.....also get more units you will need them. Check the guide at the first post it could help you with the progresion.

Also First post update working on images and units...

You get them through Challange Quest.
Charisma Quests are for Cards and Stamina for Jewels/Flowers.
But no idea what Urgent Mission Drill is, waiting for it till someone enlightens me.
UMD is actually to unlock some nifty units. i dont remember every unit unlocked but you do get a mage, and 2 witches a special rare silver witch and a gold witch.

Last edited:

NutakuDev

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's hard, there's no question about it. Some levels feel almost as much of a puzzle game as a tower defense - figuring out the perfect spot for your healer to reach your melee units, or how many fighters you can reasonably withdraw before your coverage gets too thin. There will also be times when you've leveled up the wrong units - particularly, for example, if you've ignored your wizards and witches.

That said, I've gotten pretty far into my run during beta, and I'll probably be posting a Let's Play on YouTube in the next week. So if you're having trouble with some of the levels and want to see how I did it, you'll be able to check it out there.

CodeKyuubi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What exactly do you do with duplicate characters?

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you're going to do a Let's Play of Aegis, try to avoid using powerful units like Sybilla (particularly black and platinums in general) to avoid misconceptions about map difficulties. One of the charm this game has is that you can clear a mission with a lot of units people would never think of using. For example, the demon in the witch's final training mission can be a cakewalk with done with all level 1 units bronze and silver units as soon as the missions are available (prince level 8? 9? I don't recall). Some people might wait until they get stronger units before they complete the mission, but for experienced players who understand the game well, it is a very easy mission to break down.

@CodeKyuubi
You save the duplicate silver-grade or greater units. Silver units in general are very valuable because they are used for enhancing silver units as well as being materials to upgrade units to a greater class.

For example:
Silver healer combined with the same name silver healer has a chance to reduce their cost and a chance to upgrade their skill level.

To upgrade a silver healer past their levels (level 50), it is required to use a silver healer as a material to upgrade their class.

Platinum and Black grade units uses 3 silver units as materials, so don't feed on silver units thoughtlessly.

To go a bit more in-depth, here are some very useful information:
- Feeding a unit of the same name has a chance to reduce their cost
- Feeding a unit with a unit with the same skill name has a chance to increase their skill level
- Upgrading gold-grade or greater unit will usually change their skill and reset their skill level back to 1. Skills that change will not carry-over their skill level.
- An example is Kerry. She has Increase Attack II, but when she is upgraded to the next class, her skill changes to Increase Attack III.
- For units like Kerry, it is recommended to upgrade her copies before feeding it to the main copy.
- If you are unsure if a skill changes after upgrading, make a post about it. Someone will help out.

Last edited:

NutakuDev

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What exactly do you do with duplicate characters?
Feed them to each other (most of the time, not with some silver units).

A unit combined with a duplicate will lower its reinforcement point cost - and since it will also have the same special ability, it will raise that by a level as well.

Edit: Ah, Kale beat me to it.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@CodeKyuubi
You save the duplicate silver-grade or greater units. Silver units in general are very valuable because they are used for enhancing silver units as well as being materials to upgrade units to a greater class.

For example:
Silver healer combined with the same name silver healer has a chance to reduce their cost and a chance to upgrade their skill level.

To upgrade a silver healer past their levels (level 50), it is required to use a silver healer as a material to upgrade their class.

Platinum and Black grade units uses 3 silver units as materials, so don't feed on silver units thoughtlessly.
So, when I've got multiples of the same named silver unit, I pick the highest level one and feed it the rest? Or is there a special interface for upgrading a unit with duplicate versions?

EDIT: Oh, I think my question's been answered, actually. Thanks!

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, when I've got multiples of the same named silver unit, I pick the highest level one and feed it the rest? Or is there a special interface for upgrading a unit with duplicate versions?

EDIT: Oh, I think my question's been answered, actually. Thanks!
no no no. read the first post. do that and youll lament yourself the rest of the game (youll be able to fix it eventually but its a nedlesly stupid thing to do trust me i did that on jap and 2 months later i can barely CC my units...)

CodeKyuubi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

no no no. read the first post. do that and youll lament yourself the rest of the game (youll be able to fix it eventually but its a nedlesly stupid thing to do trust me i did that on jap and 2 months later i can barely CC my units...)
At first I was like what's the problem? Then I remember that I read that you also use silvers of the same class to Class Change, soooo yeah.

Also, please stop giving me bandits, gacha xD.

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was thinking maybe we need to repost all those useful link from the jp ver in here like the farming map / exp table / skill % chance for upgrade etc etc.
Rushed myself so far but lol stuck already before i can reach that 1st good old farming ground *i forgot how it felt to lose 1/2 hp in 1 hit*

Btw i request to put out at least some event :D
Don't need a platinum / black char just like those big invasion etc that use charisma to participate to get crystal fragment to help more summon ;)
Playing back everything to lv 1-10 really make me failed alot :p *the nostalgia*

OP
clavat_k

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was thinking maybe we need to repost all those useful link from the jp ver in here like the farming map / exp table / skill % chance for upgrade etc etc.
Rushed myself so far but lol stuck already before i can reach that 1st good old farming ground *i forgot how it felt to lose 1/2 hp in 1 hit*

Btw i request to put out at least some event :D
Don't need a platinum / black char just like those big invasion etc that use charisma to participate to get crystal fragment to help more summon ;)
Playing back everything to lv 1-10 really make me failed alot :p *the nostalgia*
what do you want an event for xDDD for us to cry when we cant complete it?

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Reposting my unbelievable luck here.

i.imgur(dot)com/25jJ8hK.jpg (darn post link restriction)

Anyway, this was my second premium roll. Being able to potentially assassinate major units almost instantly (Berna's skill is available to use almost immediately after deploying) has made three-starring certain missions a lot easier, though a lot of maps are still tricky.

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score

- Feeding a unit of the same name has a chance to reduce their cost
- Feeding a unit with a unit with the same skill name has a chance to increase their skill level
The two types of feeding above, can they still be done if the unit is maxed level? In other words should I stop levelling a few levels short of max so I have levels available for reduce cost/skill increase?

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

what do you want an event for xDDD for us to cry when we cant complete it?
Nah lets say its just objective or driving force to make ppl stayed and keep strenghen their char ;)

Actual*: buy more crystal waste it all on gacha then You just got trolled !! hahahah

Lol even now im still stuck cant win vs those armored unit yet, dmg too low to kill them and my HA well let say they died before 2 healer can keep up :mad:
Luckily still easy to lvl already reached rank 24

Additional info regarding skill / cost reduction upgrade - There is a rainbow fairy which give higher chance to upgrade the skill for those who lucky got platinum and in lost no idea how to get duplicate

Last edited: