What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Already at Phalanx 2, and can perfect clear it no problem. (Though timing was painfully strict, I would like more freedom on that map)
Just not enough stamina, due to event missions mostly.

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

right event maps kill the gift maps :(

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Her attack range increase is much more useful than you would think and she really shines once she's an warlock. Alternatively, a CC witch (I have a lv50 silver one as well) is very useful, but not game changing (imo breaking) as 見習い魔術師メーリス
My dilemma is which of the two would let me get to my 2nd Valerie.

If I got the gold mage back during the previous event, it would be a simple choice, since the event mission with the Valerie drop had that final rush with 9 armoured units, so the warlock would make short work of them, and I might've gotten a Valerie from it.

Adelle's niche is that she's extremely effective against singular armoured units. So, for every 2 shots the warlock makes (that can sometimes miss if the positioning is poor), Lord Witch Adelle can make 3 stronger shots that slows down the enemy. With that in mind, the 5th event mission has those 2 dragon mages, and the dragon boss. If Adelle can reach the middle lane, then she's going to be way more effective than the warlock at killing those units, leaving me to let my Princess take on the one dragon mage that Adelle won't be able to reach. This of course means I won't have the warlock to help deal with the earlier parts where there are a ton of weak units that the warlock would be way more effective at murdering than Adelle.

However, that event mission costs 60 charisma and 1 stamina, so it might be a trap in terms of being the most effective way to get my second Valerie. So, I also need to figure out which of the two would be better for letting me progress through the story missions to the point that I reach the maps that give Valerie as a reward. The wiki makes it seem like those maps are easy, so it's a matter of getting through the harder story mission maps. There's also the matter of whether I can progress through the quests to Phalanx 2 without a lord witch or warlock.

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

However, that event mission costs 60 charisma and 1 stamina, so it might be a trap in terms of being the most effective way to get my second Vallerie.
It's a trap, period. It took me 4 bars of charisma (12 tries+ = 720 charisma) to get all the items to drop.

Please note, your idea with the witch reaching the dragon mage is incorrect, the reason why is the dragon mage's splash is bigger than you think. At least when I engaged the dragon mage, 見習い魔術師メーリス with skill activated couldn't assist. That's a range of 288 versus a lord witch's 210. Why so far? Cause the princess has to be the first line, and the unit placed above, behind, and below the princess will get splashed. Hence you need your healer diagonally behind the princess, and the warlock behind the healer. If you don't do this, your healer aren't able to heal your princess and they die.

Refer to:
The dragon mage's splash is the reason why he retreated the warlocks & the lord witches. I put my warlocks behind the healers, hence I don't have to do that, but they are out of range to assist the princess in killing the dragon mage.
By the way, I am proud of the fact that I can clear that map much faster than the video. Since I have 2 warlocks assisting in killing the dragon king.

Instead of 720 charisma wasted, please try 竜の狩場 instead. It will make your life a lot easier when getting a 2nd valerie. (The map is actually much easier than 王城奪還 imo, and accessible just by 1 star 王城奪還)
You can CC your Adelle and she will help a lot here in getting that 2nd valerie.
Video:

Update: ... took so many tries to 3 star 二人目上陸禁止. So much random blue or red puddings that takes to kill.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So just asking again to make sure because I didn't see an answer: Does the 10 cost event map count towards the 4 map clear reward? Or do we have to beat the 60 cost map. Because I'm scared to even try that.

@FruitSmoothie
Fledgling pirate Monica get to Lv40 with 40% affection points, apparently can solo the second map. Quick, get her to 40 with 50% affection first!
I shall! She does seem pretty OP on maps where her range can reach most entry points.

Last edited:

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So just asking again to make sure because I didn't see an answer: Does the 10 cost event map count towards the 4 map clear reward? Or do we have to beat the 60 cost map. Because I'm scared to even try that.
Mmmm actually the first objective say "clear 4 or more event map". I think you are ok without the 60/1 map. (i say i think :p)

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mmmm actually the first objective say "clear 4 or more event map". I think you are ok without the 60/1 map. (i say i think :p)
Did you guys that cleared the 60/1 map get some kind of confirmation on that screen where it lists the trials or something?

It says
1)clear 4 or more maps
2)get 12 stars
and then all ???

So if you guys get the 1st completed here after beating the 60/1 map, it means we need it too :/

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Did you guys that cleared the 60/1 map get some kind of confirmation on that screen where it lists the trials or something?

It says
1)clear 4 or more maps
2)get 12 stars
and then all ???

So if you guys get the 1st completed here after beating the 60/1 map, it means we need it too :/
This. I'd appreciate if somebody who has cleared the 60 cost map would check for us. The 1st objective hasn't been X'd off or is showing any difference from before I beat the 30/1 map.

Argh I need gold fairies to level up my pirate quicker, but I'm still a few levels away from the most efficient spot x.X That level that only lets you spawn male fighters blows. I'm glad I read about that first on the wiki or I would have been toast. I only let one through and 2 starred it somehow even though I don't level my male fighters lol. Beat it with a bunch of level 1's thanks to my Valerie mage. Maybe I should level more of my males now...

I have a crap ton of silver fairies though. Guess I should use those up atm on a silver girl. 16 silver fairies taking up space in my inventory. It's hard to know who will be useful later on. Probably Valerie or one of my healers or tanks or something.

Last edited:

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

i have cleared all with 3 stars and don't have any confirmation.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I still have doubles of some units that I don't know if I should hold onto to use for CC recipes or just combine them into the other version of themselves to try to lower their summon cost. Bandit head Motima, Lancers carry, Archers soma, Hand fluoride healing. I do use double Archers soma atm. I'm not using Bandit head Motima at all though.

Don't they also acquire higher ranks of their skills, but they are reset when they're CC'd? Is that only if they gain a new version of their skill like strengthen 1 to strengthen 2? The wiki confuses me on this:
"Gold and each unit, the unit that skill varies depending on Advances, skill level would go back to 1 by Advances.
Silver and each unit, if the skill does not change before and after in the Advances, skill level is taken over. "

Skill level is taken over as in it's transferred when they're CC'd? Or as in it's erased? Darn you google translate!!! I hope people understand what I'm trying to ask here x.X If not, feel free to ignore. I think I need to hold on to my double Lancer carry's until I CC them or they won't retain the skill rank up. I'll just keep trying to hold on to them as long as my inventory limit holds out. The beginner info and advances page on the wiki seems to suggest 30cc'ing most silver characters as well, that's interesting.

i have cleared all with 3 stars and don't have any confirmation.
Buh, that sucks. I guess I will have to attempt the 60 cost map to make sure.

Last edited:

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

For the fairies hunter ,the daily mission with gold, black, plat start soon.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

All three have very different special abilities and bonuses/stats (Looking at their wiki pages). Are there any of those three that remain good later on?
Misha is really good, especially when her cost is lowered because the Valkyrie class ability gives bonus deployment cost per kill, and her affection raises her attack, so she's the best silver Valkyrie to deploy at the start of a mission. I used both Misha and Phillis to clear Armour of the Dead, which has a pretty brutal start, since the main goal is to get multiple mages at the crossroad area as soon as possible.

I still have doubles of some units that I don't know if I should hold onto to use for CC recipes or just combine them into the other version of themselves to try to lower their summon cost.
I would definitely keep the archers, since a lot of class change recipes use them. The same goes for soldiers, heavy armours, and mages.

The bandits are used in the least number of recipes, so unless you like the bandit class, or have a pirate or ninja, then it's safe to feed a couple of the silver male bandits to your other characters (I did this to get my silver archer and healer to lvl 30 quicker). Apply the same thought process to rogues, except they're also used for samurai.

Valkyries are safe to feed copies to themselves (especially Misha), since as far as I know, only one silver Valkyrie is needed to class change one even for the platinum and black Valkyries. The same goes for healers, and witches, but witches are so rare that you will want to save them.

Don't they also acquire higher ranks of their skills, but they are reset when they're CC'd?
Yes, if the class changed unit has a new skill with a different name (Strengthen I versus Strengthen II), then it will reset at 1/5. If it's the same skill, it will be kept, so feeding Mariebelle to herself pre-class change is fine. However, it can be difficult to raise certain skills for the higher tier class-changed units, since very few units have the same skills.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*Helpful info*
Thanks a lot :) You pretty much answered all my questions. It seems like Mischa might be better to not CC then. Hmm.

Err I wonder, is tricking the game into thinking you're holding down the 2X mouse button a bad thing? It's kind of annoying to have to hold it down. I know you can just move off the game and right click and it will still think you're pressing the button down. I guess we wouldn't know if people have been banned for that.

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Argh I need gold fairies to level up my pirate quicker, but I'm still a few levels away from the most efficient spot x.X That level that only lets you spawn male fighters blows.
Unfortunately, Monica can no longer solo that map due to lack of 1.5x atk boost. Seems like on those 2 events maps, Monica used to get a 1.5x atk boost (since was just out), but that's no longer the case now.

1)clear 4 or more maps
Speculation: The first map is count as an introduction to event if I recall correctly and not part of the event. Reason is, you need to finish the introduction map in order access to Goddess Blessings.
Hence, to be safe, 1/2 star clear the 5th event map. You have 10 lives. Use 2 fire mages and 1 or 2 warlocks, and let the dragon soldier (4x) dragon mage (2x) and dragon king (1) pass by and your good to go. Only thing is lack of reward, since it's the dragon mage and dragon king that drops magic crystal (but only once in out of 4~8 tries )

Err I wonder, is tricking the game into thinking you're holding down the 2X mouse button a bad thing? It's kind of annoying to have to hold it down. I know you can just move off the game and right click and it will still think you're pressing the button down. I guess we wouldn't know if people have been banned for that.
Nah, wiki suggested doing that, you are fine. You don't have to right click, just click and hold down on 2x mouse button and drag out of screen.

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The thing is, the 60/1 map is impossible for me. I have 1 mage at level 20 or so, only 1 CC which is the silver heavy armor, and other cards aren't anything special. So I lose a lot of units even before dragons start appearing.

Yeah, probably intro map doesn't count :/

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The thing is, the 60/1 map is impossible for me. I have 1 mage at level 20 or so, only 1 CC which is the silver heavy armor, and other cards aren't anything special. So I lose a lot of units even before dragons start appearing.

Yeah, probably intro map doesn't count :/
Well we still have like 12 days right? That should be enough time to level up. I hope so because I'm in about the same boat as you. Most my fighters are 15-25. Deciding who to CC at 30 is so rough, I really hate missing out on max stats, but if I'll end up replacing them later anyways, it doesn't matter. It's just hard to tell who I'd be replacing later on, all depends on my gacha luck x.X I'm just trying to go about my leveling up and raising the favor of my attack bonus girls and trying not to worry about the event for now.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I actually like the design of 槍騎兵エレイン and was plan to use it. Then I realized exactly how bad her status is. Think I wasted 3 copies of 槍騎兵エレイン (1 from silver gacha, rest complete bonus) while trying to reduce her costs down to limit. Failed. If I get another copy, I am using her for CC.

Probably a good idea to cost reduce 見習い騎兵ミーシャ. Since once my main valkyrie has been CCed, she will be at 20 costs and wouldn't be able to be deployed first.

Most my fighters are 15-25. Deciding who to CC at 30 is so rough, I really hate missing out on max stats
Suggestion for 30 CC:
1) Guys (due to affection point, also every level post CC gives +20 exp (versus +5). They aren't wasted)
2) Same class, same rarity, another unit available (like the 3 valkyries or 2 silver healers. 槍騎兵キャリー for example makes a very good 30cc)
Note:
I would suggest 40cc silver Mage/Witch/Healer, 40>50 doubles the amount of exp required for only 5% boost. Take a witch for example. 40CC versus 50CC at lv50, the difference is 228 (+96) versus 240 (+96). 12 ATK might make a difference if you are attacking 200 armor, but mage/witch/healer ignores armor -> You lose exactly 12 damage. Say if you have x1.5 atk boost, this 12 damage becomes 18 damage. But in the scale of things, when you are doing 400+ damage with a lord witch anyways, I don't think it matters.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Suggestion for 30 CC:
1) Guys (due to affection point, also every level post CC gives +20 exp (versus +5). They aren't wasted)
2) Same class, same rarity, another unit available (like the 3 valkyries or 2 silver healers. 槍騎兵キャリー for example makes a very good 30cc)
Note:
I would suggest 40cc silver Mage/Witch/Healer, 40>50 doubles the amount of exp required for only 5% boost. Take a witch for example. 40CC versus 50CC at lv50, the difference is 228 (+96) versus 240 (+96). 12 ATK might make a difference if you are attacking 200 armor, but mage/witch/healer ignores armor -> You lose exactly 12 damage. Say if you have x1.5 atk boost, this 12 damage becomes 18 damage. But in the scale of things, when you are doing 400+ damage with a lord witch anyways, I don't think it matters.
Thanks, good things to consider. 40 CC seems like a really good compromise to make for most Mage/Witch/Healers. What do you mean by post (after) CC gives +20 exp versus +5 (exp) though? Are you talking as card food? I can't imagine destroying a CC'd unit for exp, even the men, lol.

It's funny how I keep trying to focus on a few fighters at a time to level them up quickly to be CC'd because they seem so useful, then I come to a map that has a bunch of enemies that require a different set up to win. Leveling up my mages/heavy armor/healers because I had trouble with bosses, then I come to a map that spams flying units at me so I start leveling my mage/witch/archers. Then I come to a map that spams a bunch of enemies at you quickly so I have to level my rogues/valks/soldiers. Haha it never ends x.x, I just end up cycling through them all and keeping them even in level.

I really love that about this game though. You really have to adapt and there's no sure way to win. They put a lot of thought/testing into balancing. I just wish it was a bit easier to adapt with the language barrier. I know they warn you ahead of time in game of what is coming but without any Japanese knowledge, I just have to cheat and check the wiki that already has strategies on it x.X Like that gift map that only lets you use men.

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually, that little extra bit of damage could spell the difference between killing an enemy in one less hit.

Using your numbers, the 40CC silver witch will do 324 damage, which means it can't kill a 1,000hp monster in 3 hits, whereas the 50CC silver witch deals 336, which is barely enough to kill a 1,000hp monster in 3 hits. If you're doing a map without the Prince there to boost up the 40CC silver witch to get passed the 334 damage barrier, that difference can actually spell the difference between failure, victory, or getting 3 stars.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually, that little extra bit of damage could spell the difference between killing an enemy in one less hit.
And that amount of exp is enough to level another silver unit to lv40. If it's a solo map, then that does matter. Like on some of the quest maps. However, it's how strong your "A-team" is that decides how strong you are in game.

Now taking the same argument, I could make up the 36 damage easily using a archer, or the fire mage could do much more than that due to splash. either way, I could have another lv40 silver unit to cover for it. (But yes, with more cost) Or, use that exp to level up a Gold/Plat unit instead which will overtake the silver and replace it in the future.

In the end, it's up to the players to decide on early promo. The only early promo I regreted was the first healer that comes with the prince. But I decided it was ok since I have the gold healer from promo. And got another gold healer to cover. This means, outside of 2 primary healers, I got a third CC healer to cover if I need it in a map. All the while I have leveled 4 other units to lv 30. (The amount of exp for Lv30-50 is enough to level 3 other units of same rarity from lv1 to lv30) Which helped me immensely in beating the story missions. I needed to rush for event (and failed in maribelle's event) but now I can clear this save the dragon princess event because my team is much stronger after some key early cc. (CC healer, CC fire mage male, CC archer male)

Again though, I would like to stress, it's up to the player's call whether you want to take it slow or become stronger fast. Considering the # of event for aegis one after another, I prefer to catchup.

Last edited: