What's new

Tutorial - Applying Wolf Translation

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Because I've been asked couple of times to make a tutorial with pictures on how to apply translation on wolf games, I've decided to make one.

1. Things you need
2. Difference in data encryption
3. How to extract
4. How to apply translation
5. Play

1. Things you need
  • Wolf Game
  • Arc Converter program -
  • Translation files -

For this tutorial I've used two games. One is RJ151776 and the other one is RJ153925. I've used two games to show the difference in how game data can be encrypted.
Arc Converter and translation files you can download from links above.

2. Difference in data encryption

Some authors decide to encrypt the whole data folder and other for some reasons decide to encrypt each folder inside data folder separately. The first picture shows the example of how whole data folder is encrypted and the other one shows how folders inside data folder are encrypted.

So if you have data.wolf inside your game folder it means you have one file you need to decrypt, if you have data folder inside your game folder then you need to decrypt many files. That will be explained inside step 3.

3. How to extract

3.1. If you have data.wolf

Download the arc converter program and start it by double clicking on arc_conv.exe. After that navigate to your game folder and click on data.wolf and press open. Wait for the program to finish decryption and go to game folder. You should have a folder there now called "data.wolf~"

Rename folder "data.wolf~" to "data" and rename file "data.wolf" to something else like "data.wolf1234".

3.2. If you have data folder

Download the arc converter program and start it by double clicking on arc_conv.exe. You will have to repeat this step many times because you'll need to decrypt not one but few files.

After you started the program navigate to data folder inside your game folder. It should look something like this

What you do here is click on BasicData.wolf and wait for converter to finish. It's done within few seconds. Start arc_conv.exe again and click now on MapChip.wolf. Do the same for MapData.wofl, Picture.wolf, SystemFile.wolf. Usually you just need to decrypt the files that have been changed. Depending on the game you might need to decrypt some other *.wolf files. You will know for sure when you open the translation files.

On the image you can see which folders need to be decrypted to apply the translation for RJ151776 but since that game has data.wolf all folders are decryted at once so you don't need to decrypt folder by folder.

Now you need to rename the folders and delete ".wolf~" at the end of each folder. After that you need to rename every *.wolf you've decrypted to something else.

4. How to apply translation

This is the easiest thing to do. Download the translation files and copy the files inside the game folder. If you've done it right, you should be asked to overwrite the existing files.

Press YES, YES and YES for everything.

5. Play

Start game.exe and play the game..

I hope I've been very clear. If you have any questions ask away!

Have Fun!

Last edited:

esteon

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Tutorial - Applying Wolf Translation

oh ^__^ big thank's Kriptonite finaly you make an image tutorial for the wolf One..

aright BOOKmarkeD:D

loclos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

link for converter is down, can u reup?

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Actually I just finished translating a Wolf game so you can grab the converter in my sig (first folder).

aquamirror

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, man. I think mod should pinned this thread

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Awesome, thanks a bunch. I was recently getting to know Wolf Editor and I was trying to figure out how to post partials without posting the entire Data file.
I'll probably finish what I've started and post my first Wolf partial in a few days.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How do you translate with the Wolf Editor anyway?

noirceur09

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so, umh, following this guide as well as one with translation files, i did evrth on the following game "A boy and his Perverted Onesan's Happy H Appartement Life"
and nothing, it doesnt work, IF i run with japanases locale i get no text, IF i just run exe file i get no text AND an error
imagetwist.com/iudko46agmls/error_1.png.html

any1 can help ?

artificial academy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so, umh, following this guide as well as one with translation files, i did evrth on the following game "A boy and his Perverted Onesan's Happy H Appartement Life"
and nothing, it doesnt work, IF i run with japanases locale i get no text, IF i just run exe file i get no text AND an error
imagetwist.com/iudko46agmls/error_1.png.html

any1 can help ?
Win10? Then you need download Japanese supplemental fonts. With Japanese locate go to Setting/Time & Language/Region & Language............ or simpler, just download and install Meiryo fonts

Last edited:

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I am having issues with newer Wolf RPG games that when I use arc converter it opens but then instead of getting the usual progress window it just quickly closes.

I still am able to use arc converter on older Wolf RPG games (in both scenarios you have mentioned).

But newer ones even if they have just one Data file or if they have multiple files nothing happens. I have searched around but can't find any updated arc converter either.

poopmarker

Reputation score

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I'll just have to wait until HimeWorks updates her tool.

I am having issues with newer Wolf RPG games that when I use arc converter it opens but then instead of getting the usual progress window it just quickly closes.

I still am able to use arc converter on older Wolf RPG games (in both scenarios you have mentioned).

But newer ones even if they have just one Data file or if they have multiple files nothing happens. I have searched around but can't find any updated arc converter either.

OP
kR1pt0n1t3

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
MEGA LINK: #F!VLgwEThI!EtyNNx6PxWWLzeak6ybAFA

This contains arc_converter and DXA_Decode.

Arc is used for older games and DXA decode for newer. DXA decode doesn't have UI so you'll have to copy it to game folder and use the command prompt to extract files. How the program is used is inside usage.txt that comes with the program.

Always try using arc program first, and if you see that nothing happens, then you know that you need to use DXA.

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score
MEGA LINK: #F!VLgwEThI!EtyNNx6PxWWLzeak6ybAFA

This contains arc_converter and DXA_Decode.

Arc is used for older games and DXA decode for newer. DXA decode doesn't have UI so you'll have to copy it to game folder and use the command prompt to extract files. How the program is used is inside usage.txt that comes with the program.

Always try using arc program first, and if you see that nothing happens, then you know that you need to use DXA.
Wich one should i use for this ?

steveju

Demon Girl
Reputation score
imo you shouldn't need to use arc for anything. Try first, if that gives an error message, then use the custom DXA Decode tool (DxaDecodeDEC, see signature).

Simple usage (examples):

WolfRPG v2.21:
DxaDecodeDEC 56 80 64 40 114 79 33 112 59 115 53 56 archive.wolf
WolfRPG v2.10:
DxaDecodeDEC 76 217 42 183 40 155 172 7 62 119 236 76 archive.wolf

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Now if there was some way, aside from WolfTrans, to convert maps and other relevant files into txt and back...