Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

    Originally posted by habisain View Post
    Brigit is a version?
    Sorry, I must have been rewording it and forgot to fix it ^^;

    Also, thanks a bunch! Seems like the best way to get all the endings is to make it to right before choosing about the contract as a virgin and not-lewd. Have to minimize all the lewd scenes to do that unfortunately, though : P I wonder if there are any missable scenes if you do that (assuming to you lose bosses, save in another slot, and then reload)?

    Comment


      Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

      Originally posted by djunk101 View Post
      Sorry, I must have been rewording it and forgot to fix it ^^;

      Also, thanks a bunch! Seems like the best way to get all the endings is to make it to right before choosing about the contract as a virgin and not-lewd. Have to minimize all the lewd scenes to do that unfortunately, though : P I wonder if there are any missable scenes if you do that (assuming to you lose bosses, save in another slot, and then reload)?
      Actually, no. As I recall you can take Gurutz's offer after you get the info (in which case you get money), so a save right before the final boss will suffice. As to minimising H-scenes, that's not strictly necessary either. To get Llywelyn's ending, Sexuality and Sex XP have to be below 200. Llywelyn sells items that reduce both of these, so you can use them to get below the limit should you exceed it.

      As to missable scenes? Again, no. I believe everything will stick around apart from boss's, and when you're in the post game there's options to re-fight story boss's (as well as an auto-lose option).
      Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

      ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

      Comment


        Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

        Originally posted by habisain View Post
        Actually, no. As I recall you can take Gurutz's offer after you get the info (in which case you get money), so a save right before the final boss will suffice. As to minimising H-scenes, that's not strictly necessary either. To get Llywelyn's ending, Sexuality and Sex XP have to be below 200. Llywelyn sells items that reduce both of these, so you can use them to get below the limit should you exceed it.

        As to missable scenes? Again, no. I believe everything will stick around apart from boss's, and when you're in the post game there's options to re-fight story boss's (as well as an auto-lose option).
        Thanks a ton for all the advice! I think I'll reload my save from before I let her lose her virginity in that case.

        Comment


          Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

          Is 1.1.4 just the Santa thing where you get the Christmas outfit, or is there more than that? I didn't even know there was an updated version then I checked Searothonc's pixiv and saw it.

          Comment


            Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

            Originally posted by BobJim View Post
            Is 1.1.4 just the Santa thing where you get the Christmas outfit, or is there more than that? I didn't even know there was an updated version then I checked Searothonc's pixiv and saw it.
            I've yet to exhaustively check the differences, but I believe that the Christmas outfit is the only truly new content. There also appears to be a bunch of typo fixes too.

            There's also a few things lurking in the code which hint at things that may be implemented in the future, but they're not available at present.
            Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

            ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

            Comment


              Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

              Originally posted by habisain View Post
              I've yet to exhaustively check the differences, but I believe that the Christmas outfit is the only truly new content. There also appears to be a bunch of typo fixes too.

              There's also a few things lurking in the code which hint at things that may be implemented in the future, but they're not available at present.
              Where is this santa outfit?

              Comment


                Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                Originally posted by habisain View Post

                There's also a few things lurking in the code which hint at things that may be implemented in the future, but they're not available at present.
                Does that mean the game is not finished yet? I understand you may not know this, but thought I would ask. I wonder if Searothonc is working on anything else right now. I am a big fan of this game and would be interested in anything else made by them.

                Comment


                  Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                  Originally posted by djunk101 View Post
                  Where is this santa outfit?
                  There's an event in Frisbee - not sure on the exact details though.

                  Originally posted by BobJim View Post
                  Does that mean the game is not finished yet? I understand you may not know this, but thought I would ask. I wonder if Searothonc is working on anything else right now. I am a big fan of this game and would be interested in anything else made by them.
                  Searothonc appears to be working on something new, but only insofar as planning out the basic ideas of a new game is concerned; nothing concrete yet. As to this game... who knows? There's certainly some stuff in the games assets which isn't yet available, and certainly some scripts which aren't used. So perhaps there will be more updates to VPM. It's pretty hard to tell.
                  Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

                  ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

                  Comment


                    Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                    Maybe they're making a sequel and they're adjusting the game so that you can connect them somehow and trying to disguise it through updates?

                    Btw, can someone link me their pixiv? I can't seem to find it...
                    Last edited by djunk101; 27th July 2017, 11:54.

                    Comment


                      Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                      So a typo on the opening of act 4 (Gwendolyn talking to the Inquisitor guy):
                      "Guarantee the safety of all the other witches here! You're soldiers have attacked us (...)"

                      I'll try to catch more of those once I actually start playing this game again.

                      and another, a while later when talking to the cat about what to do:
                      "She's probably being held in the Knight's HQ. If she isn't, then the knight's should at least know where she is." <- also I think it should be Knights' HQ, but that didn't really bother me untill I stopped to think about it.

                      and the soldier close to the knights hq:
                      "Hee ... a witch. I've been posted in town's with witches - Frisbee to the north and Wiccaholt to the west, so I've seen you're kind before." <- use either a dash or a comma, not both <- actually I'm not sure if this is wrong or just a strange case in which both are used.

                      I'm not actually a native speaker, but I am, hopefully, pretty close to fluent, so I'll at least try to catch the most obvious mistakes
                      Last edited by AkiTooru; 28th July 2017, 05:15.
                      Currently on a eroge/ulmf/translation hiatus due to college stuff

                      Comment


                        Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                        Originally posted by djunk101 View Post
                        Maybe they're making a sequel and they're adjusting the game so that you can connect them somehow and trying to disguise it through updates?

                        Btw, can someone link me their pixiv? I can't seem to find it...
                        Given what I know, that scenario seems extremely unlikely.

                        As to the Pixiv, it's https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=10610988 - there isn't much there, though.

                        Originally posted by AkiTooru View Post
                        So a typo on the opening of act 4 (Gwendolyn talking to the Inquisitor guy):
                        "Guarantee the safety of all the other witches here! You're soldiers have attacked us (...)"

                        I'll try to catch more of those once I actually start playing this game again.

                        and another, a while later when talking to the cat about what to do:
                        "She's probably being held in the Knight's HQ. If she isn't, then the knight's should at least know where she is." <- also I think it should be Knights' HQ, but that didn't really bother me untill I stopped to think about it.

                        and the soldier close to the knights hq:
                        "Hee ... a witch. I've been posted in town's with witches - Frisbee to the north and Wiccaholt to the west, so I've seen you're kind before." <- use either a dash or a comma, not both <- actually I'm not sure if this is wrong or just a strange case in which both are used.

                        I'm not actually a native speaker, but I am, hopefully, pretty close to fluent, so I'll at least try to catch the most obvious mistakes
                        And yet sometimes non-native speakers can actually be better at this kind of thing, because native speakers tend to auto-correct typos. Most of these seem like fairly basic mistakes I've made, so I'll correct them in the next version.

                        Incidentally, on the dash, having looked it up I don't think there are any hard rules on using the dash mark in English like this. That said, it probably should be a semicolon, so that's what it'll get changed to.
                        Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

                        ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

                        Comment


                          Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                          Does anyone know how to reach the underground exhibitionist bar? I received the letter telling me to go there in the evening, but I don't know how to...

                          Comment


                            Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                            Originally posted by djunk101 View Post
                            Does anyone know how to reach the underground exhibitionist bar? I received the letter telling me to go there in the evening, but I don't know how to...
                            Yes - take a drink from the stall to flip things to night first.

                            Friendly reminder: This thread is about the translation. If you want to discus things about the game itself, use the game thread.
                            Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

                            ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

                            Comment


                              Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                              Originally posted by habisain View Post
                              Yes - take a drink from the stall to flip things to night first.

                              Friendly reminder: This thread is about the translation. If you want to discus things about the game itself, use the game thread.
                              I meant I can't figure out how to get to the bar, I KNOW how to turn things into nighttime -_-

                              Also sorry, I forgot there was a second thread for that ^^;

                              Edit: Never mind, I found it. I don't know why it suddenly appeared, though?
                              Last edited by djunk101; 28th July 2017, 15:05.

                              Comment


                                Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

                                About the dash and comma thing, I was reading that sentence as an non-restrictive relative clause (specifying which towns with witches the soldier had been posted in), which means that it should be between commas or dashes.

                                But, reading a little about dashes, it seems a dash may also be used as a colon, which makes me unsure about how one would join the last part of the sentence, hence my confusion.

                                edit: found something that's not a typo, just a little strange: the guards north of the knights hq have different apostrophes from the rest
                                The guard that guards the prision as well (the one that you talk to to advance the story)

                                Also there are a few visual bugs when displaying some of the names (like Bradan). My guess is that there was a second name but it was too long.
                                and when he says "(...)What's happened? Why are you here?" I feel like it's kinda strange, but it's not really wrong I guess? <- I think it just changes from the past tense to the present perfect but I'm not really that good at these things

                                One of Bradan lines also uses a dash followed by a comma, but that one works much better in my opinion, because the third clause can connect to the second clause, therefore it's not forced to connect to the first clause ...

                                a little later on the conversation with Bradan: "Don't look so disappointed. The Knight's are fully behind Great Witch Gwendolyn. (...)"

                                When leaving naked from the baths, in the explanation, the text overflows from the box, and there's a few typos: "The route Brigit has to take is not entirely safe. If one of the town Knight's see's you, they'll (...)"
                                "At this time of day, all the men Brigit might encounter on the route will be molesters. If she get attacked (...)" <- some of the wording here is also a little strange

                                Also after the exhibitionism minigame, when Bridgit is masturbating: "Noooo... They know I'm hear... They know I'm hear... (...)"
                                Last edited by AkiTooru; 28th July 2017, 22:15.
                                Currently on a eroge/ulmf/translation hiatus due to college stuff

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X