What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So I've been working on a full translation of as I'm sure everyone who has been following the other thread knows.

I'm primarily doing this through machine translators and the assistance of several generous forum members. I try my best to recreate meaningful statements from the gibberish we're all used to from ATLAS and the like but some things are probably not 100% word for word accurate.

My signature contains the that contains the translation files. The main folder there contains a series of files labeled Old Translation ##.zip, one file named Latest Translation.zip and patch.zip. The old translation files are the older versions I keep in case I fuck something up. The latest translation file is the one you want, I'll go over how to install it in a moment. The patch files are mostly there for reference, they don't have the graphics files that you need to prevent crashes and such. You want to use the Latest Translation file instead of the RPGMaker Trans patch file as it contains renamed graphics files that are needed to prevent the game from crashing in battles.

To install,
1. Download some form of rgss3a extractor.
2. Extract all the data from the Game.rgss3a, put it in the game folder, and then either rename or delete the Game.rgss3a.
3. Download the "Latest Translation.zip" from my signature.
4. Extract everything from there into your game folder.
5. Play the game.

Current Progress: 85.75%
Ura scene and NTR barracks map should be done.
(Percentage calculated as kb of translated text files / kb of all text files with partially complete files counting towards the translated category based on number of translated lines / total lines.)
Exploring around act 4 to find text. Asagi scene will be next.

Current status: Dead, burnt out. Ex-parrot. Sorry.

Those who have helped greatly towards this project.:
Sunshaded
Candiru
Welken
Donny
Sporadicus
HarleyQuin

(Let me know if I've forgotten anyone.)

Last edited:

Iyanden

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi (WIP Full Translation)

Glad to see you're finally over Fallout 4 :p

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It was a long and arduous battle but I have finally returned from those ever so perilous depths. Not quite sure who won though... stalemate until the editor comes out I suppose.

Currently working on the scene where you rescue Ura from Hyoro for the 2nd time. Nothing tonight though, spent 2 hours at the gym and I'm beat.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It was a long and arduous battle but I have finally returned from those ever so perilous depths. Not quite sure who won though... stalemate until the editor comes out I suppose.
just don't go near prest... oh fu** no another settlement needs your help.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Tell me about it, my first playthrough had far too much of that. Of course I learned for the subsequent games. Never actually beat it though. Never have beat a bethesda title, never will. (Despite the thousands of hours spent on them.) Just couldn't find myself giving a single fuck about the story, when the brotherhood flew in my first thought wasn't "oh cool, look at that", it was "Fuck, the world will now be a different sandbox than it was before, that's what I get for doing quests, no more of that now." Also the top tier weapons disappointed me, I though I was in mid-tier and was soooo disappointed when I found those were the top. Fucking lewis gun assault rifle, so goddamn bulky. Where's my damn ak47 or m4. Better yet, give me a MG42 or MG3 (rechambered version for 7.62mm NATO rounds, its kinda creepy seeing hitler's buzzsaw on modern humvees) and I'll be so happy unleashing inappropriate levels of lead everywhere. Who needs a minigun when you have 20 rounds per second of 7.62mm rounds?

That game really is in need of some serious modding once the editor comes out.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

when the higgest dps is a revolver with crit build (and nukes do shit damage) you know something's wrong

Sunshaded

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just as a heads up to anyone who's played earlier versions of the patch: In addition to TNT having made progress on chapter 3, here's a detailed summary of some of the updates from chapters 1 and 2:

- Revised translations for all of the items and item descriptions. Done with the context of having beaten the game too, so they're all accurate.
- All of the out-of-battle cutscenes/important conversations from the start of the game up through the church scene which introduces Blade have been TL checked.

Pardon me for commenting on this since I know I'm a biased party, but I just wanted to emphasize that it's definitely worth updating to the latest patch that TNT released a few days ago, if you're using an earlier one.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just uploaded a new version, as the first post has been updated to reflect.

Current Progress,
Rechecked and fixed a couple issues with the Asagi Capture scene in Act 3. Finished translating text for the 2nd Ura rescue from Hyoro. All the small events in the holding cell map before the office should be done.
Now to continue playing the game up until I find more text.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There needs to be an easier way to link the game thread and translation thread in the forum... such as a related link sections right below the current thread.

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That'd be nice, but it is what it is.

In any case I finished typing Ura's capture scene for Act 3 into the game today, will need to check it over for typos and line issues before uploading.

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ149951] The Moral Sword of Asagi

Yeah, I don't think I'm doing it right. I downloaded the latest translation. But I'm slightly confused about what to do. Sorry I'm not good with that kind of stuff... :(

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, I don't think I'm doing it right. I downloaded the latest translation. But I'm slightly confused about what to do. Sorry I'm not good with that kind of stuff... :(
I'll try to help you along.
Do you have a program to extract the rgss3a data?
If not, RPGMaker trans can do so or you can download an extractor program.
Download RPGMaker Trans
Extract it to a folder.
Run RPGMakerTrans.exe and under Game Location select Browse and then select the Game.exe in the game folder. Check the create patch box and let it run. That should automatically create a patch location folder and translation location folder with the rgss3a extracted.
Extract the contents of the Latest Translation.zip into the translation folder and overwrite the contents.
Hopefully it should work then.

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It worked! ^__^
Thank you

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Been a minute or many. Finally have a bit of an update. Finished the last of the capture scenes in Act 3 so those should all be implemented now. Everything I could find up to and including the execution ground should be translated. Now for the castle and the pre-boss rescue scenes.

Also made an approximate measure of the completion percentage.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I see you are still hard at work, TNT. Separating the game thread and translation means you get a lot less traffic. So let me put your thread in my sig :)

Gah, updating the sig was a lot more work than I bargained for... had to convert all the url to tinyurl, and use lettercount.com to make sure I condense it to meet the limit...

Last edited:
OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Honestly, I haven't looked at this much in a couple weeks. Every time I go to work on it, I'm just hit with a wave of apathy and disinterest. I have been sick lately and I figured that caused it but I'm just feeling meh about not only this but H-games in general. I'll try to look into this but... I dunno.
I think the success of Trump has me depressed about the state of humanity as a whole.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

That quacking wig is a living proof that Einstein is right... Only two things are infinite after all, and we are not quite sure about one of them. :p

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Honestly, I haven't looked at this much in a couple weeks. Every time I go to work on it, I'm just hit with a wave of apathy and disinterest. I have been sick lately and I figured that caused it but I'm just feeling meh about not only this but H-games in general. I'll try to look into this but... I dunno.
I think the success of Trump has me depressed about the state of humanity as a whole.
Please dont give up : (

Not only in the game translation but mostly in humanity, certainly the infinite stupidity of some could dull at our vision what others are trying. But is in times like this where we must give all our effort to make a change or end ours proyects. Dont let than anything depress you, do your best... and if you stop of translate this game, still im fully grateful for all your effort places all these months

OP
TNT90

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Managed to summon the energy to look into that issue. Loaded up an old save and the door you mention works just fine. Did notice a line that was too long though, so I fixed that.

That error message is too low resolution for me to read it properly. Can you upload a larger version?