What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 26/11/16

I'm fairly clueless on the translation for レ in this context. The musical thing you've found is the note Re as in Do-Re-Mi, but that seems unlikely. The only thing I can think of is that if it's an abbreviation it might be レズ (Lesbian), which might make sense if this is the route where Akos is working for/trying to impress the Princess who she has a crush on (can't remember her name, but the first quest-giver). Or perhaps レ印 (a checkmark), as a quick check reveals the name of the first castle is Fels Mark, but I think this ones a bit of a stretch. Alternatively,

EDIT: Context trumps all again, so see Lazycat's post below for a much better version. It really has been far too long since I played this game.

On the other question, RPGMaker Trans will quite happily do the Roman numerals stuff, just as it will any other UTF sigil. The only limitation is the sigils available in the font you're using, but you already know that these ones work. The easiest way to do it would just be to copy and paste the sigil from the untranslated text.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Appreciated, but there's more than enough space and it's more so that three of four branch tags I've found don't make sense. One of them seems to be a fragment of a word and the other is a little ambiguous. It'll require some testing before I can say "Yep, these seem right"... Actually, I have a plan.

*enacts plan*
Okay. Rikaichan helped with one, but agrees with Jisho, Google, Bing and Honyaku on the other one, so I'm going to assume it's right (however, I think it's actually meant to mean something else). But on the fragment?
(レ) I can't get much either way on its own, other than potential or something to do with the musical scale.

Example:
重要任務書Ⅷ(レ) => Mission VIII (Le). It makes no sense how it is.
One question, though (and it's probably a stupid one). Can RPGmaker trans actually display characters like Ⅷ? It looks better.
It's the Le from Lame Hagen (2nd town)

In this case it might be better to substitute it with the shorten name of the second city: LH (similar to Los Angeles -> LA)

And since (強)denote the rapist route iirc, that might also be better off than 'strong/force' that's the direct translation.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks.
Okay, it seems like the Quest table is rebuilt, but there's still some random throne room chatter. I think this is wrapped in other map files. I'd like to get two or three mid-size map files done before I make another release.

* Anyone know why ULMF doesn't allow 7zip files to be attachments, and why a plain zip file between 1 and 2MB is too large when it says it supports zip files up to 4GB?

dpaidmdpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm missing a couple graphics tiles. Is there some way to get those

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do you know which tiles you're missing?
In all fact, there shouldn't be any missing graphics. The patcher does nothing to change those contents unless the patch itself is set up to do so. Best I can suggest is to redownload the game (backup your saves first, if you have any) and see if the error persists.

dpaidmdpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I posted it in the other thread because that spot was more appropriate, and thought I deleted this one.
I tried Downloading the game multiple times and unzipped it from multiple zip types. I'm missing At least 6 files.I appreciate your response. However, I did have someone reply to the other thread though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hey squark, what about the current state of the project? :)
sorry for always asking :D

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh don't worry, the interest is always appreciated.
It's going slowly because I'm a little short on free time at the moment.

O/T: Does this forum support Strikethrough? If it does, how do I manage it -- there doesn't seem to be an option in the Advanced fomatter.

Last edited:

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

O/T: Does this forum support Strikethrough? If it does, how do I manage it -- there doesn't seem to be an option in the Advanced fomatter.
Don't think the forums have it enabled, maybe ask a mod or admin? Usually just the BBcode is enough (your text here would work if it was enabled).

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Oh don't worry, the interest is always appreciated.
It's going slowly because I'm a little short on free time at the moment.

O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶o̶u̶t̶.̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

Hope you find more free time over the coming weeks.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶o̶p̶s̶.̶.̶.̶

UTF strikethrough works fine, although it's a bit cumbersome. Either remap your keyboard for a dedicated key, or use a .

Yup, I've ruined the secret for the special users.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks.
"̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶"̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶s̶e̶.

Anyway, I've run into some more seemingly nonsensical lines. Help is greatly appreciated.

These are all when talking to a whore.

This:
別にそんな事ないわよ~

This:
好きでやってる事だしねぇ~

And this:
あれ!?ここ\\{\\C[2]陥没\\C[0]\\}してるわね!

The first two seeingly follow each other, and the third is right after the whore internally monologues about being a little jealous of Akos.
Gah... And I was making quick progress...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Reading a bit more of the scene, it seems like it's the following sequence of events: Akos approaches the whore and teases her a little. The whore asks Akos to go away and bug someone else (might be also because the whore thinks Akos will steal her business? I'm not in an optimal environment to translate accurately at the moment). Akos thinks that the whores reaction is boring and makes a bit of a scene, pretending either there's an earthquake or she's sinking (into sand perhaps?) or somesuch.

So the translations specifically are probably along the lines of

別にそんな事ないわよ~
But I'm not causing any trouble, am I~?

好きでやってる事だしねぇ~
I just like hanging around here~

あれ!?ここ\\{\\C[2]陥没\\C[0]\\}してるわね!
Aaah!? The ground! It's \\{\\C[2]collapsing\\C[0]\\}!

You may also need to revisit other lines depending on if my interpretation of the scene tallies with yours or not. Or alternatively I could be completely at utterly wrong on everything - your pick.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, it gels well though I did have to rework three previous lines. In the end I went with quicksand instead of an earthquake. I'm thankfully almost done with this scene.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm super pumped for the release of this one. I played a tiny bit of it when you first released a patch a long time ago, I've held of playing until I can get the thing in English.
You're awesome to working on this one!

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm super pumped for the release of this one. I played a tiny bit of it when you first released a patch a long time ago, I've held of playing until I can get the thing in English.
You're awesome to working on this one!
same here man ;)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, I left this one sitting for a while because of RL reasons. I'm back on track now and this file I've been working for weeks is kicking my arse. I will get it done. Not sure when, (looks at remainder) but it's roughly 2,000 lines of dialogue left here. Normally I could whizz through this but it's dialogue. That always takes longer, especially when the game wants to tell a story. Doing it is easy. Doing it justice is what's difficult.

@ rizo & sascha27283
The next patch build will comprise the vast majority of the remaining files. That'll leave two but it'll be a LONG time before those are done. Bloody monsters of yokes. I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd give the next build a whirl and let me know of any cockcups I might've made or when things make even less sense than they did in the Japanese.

Last edited:

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

that sounds great :) but to be honest i want to play the complete game without any japanese left if possible. so im not really into testing how everything is working out because i dont want to spoil my tension until everything is ok. i hope you understand.
For me i dont care if the translation is 100% correct because i cant read japanese anyway but of course it should make sense :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the boost in confidence. I know I've been working on this for-freaking-ever, but the end (at least for about 90% of the text) is in sight. There are just two gripes I have about the dialogue in this game so far.

1: Akos spends a lot of time thinking to herself
2: "Guhehehehe"* out the wazoo from male enemies

* This actually irritates me. It insinuates every male in the game is a rampaging pervert with zero morals. It's actually supposed to be a dirty Hentai laugh.

Aside from those, I'm actually enjoying working on this.

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

It insinuates every male in the game is a rampaging pervert with zero morals.
Exactly. How dare they assume all males are perverts...

Anyway, thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll see it soon!