What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP]

Will be keeping an eye out for this one, looks like it could be fun.
I appreciate the time you're putting into it too. :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, I know what's causing the crash-reset error. Now it's a matter of finding out what I borked. But there's a significant glitch in the quest "Save the kitty!" whereupon the game will crash right before killing the target enemy.

The crash-reset is being triggered by a double debuff (heh, double d) trying to be cleared by the game's code. These files are a maze of stuff that shouldn't be doing this, but I'll keep at it.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thx for the update info squark :)

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Okay, I know what's causing the crash-reset error. Now it's a matter of finding out what I borked. But there's a significant glitch in the quest "Save the kitty!" whereupon the game will crash right before killing the target enemy.

The crash-reset is being triggered by a double debuff (heh, double d) trying to be cleared by the game's code. These files are a maze of stuff that shouldn't be doing this, but I'll keep at it.
Hmm... I remember doing something like that in the untranslated version, but I don't recall it resetting the game.
If you have a save, let me know if you want me to help test.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Now with my sleeping pattern reestablished, I've come to a difficult decision.
Be advised that this is most definitely not an "I quit" message because I'm not quitting.
I'm just starting over. Or maybe I'll just redo the core files and see if that fixes things first. If it does, I can keep going with the map files and save myself a heap of extra work.

I appreciate the offer, Welkin. As soon as I can get a save to that point again, I'll send it over. I really could use some help on this error.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

May also be worth me having a look, given you're using RPGMaker Trans. It could be that it's missing something. That being said, I'd be a loss as to what it could be missing; the only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be if you didn't have the Dump Label's option and there was some kind of funky logic (some games use custom scripts which tie interface text to specific labels in the code).

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Now with my sleeping pattern reestablished, I've come to a difficult decision.
Be advised that this is most definitely not an "I quit" message because I'm not quitting.
I'm just starting over. Or maybe I'll just redo the core files and see if that fixes things first. If it does, I can keep going with the map files and save myself a heap of extra work.

I appreciate the offer, Welkin. As soon as I can get a save to that point again, I'll send it over. I really could use some help on this error.
and why are you starting over after coming so far? o_O

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I also said "or just do the core files over". This means that if the problem is rectified, I won't have have to do the maps I've already done again.

To answer your question:
Mission III: Save the kitty! has a catastrophic glitch. The target enemy has a debuff skill that it can stack twice at most. Once it does stack them, the game will reset itself. ALternatively, if the player's next attack would have killed it, the game crashes.
I loaded it earlier today and found that when the debuffs are not applied, the game proceeds as normal. Given that there are more enemies that have these same debuffs, it'd lead to frustration.

I'd love to not have to start again, but I have to be realistic. However, I am still hopeful.

@ habisain
Once I can get to that point (and remember to create a save) I'll send both it (and the trans files, they might be more useful) over your way.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It might be worth just sending me the Trans patch as is: This sounds like it could be an inconsistent translation of some game logic, in which case my autochecker should be able to spot the problem straight away (and yes, I will eventually release the weird and experimental tools I have, just as soon as they become stable).

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, now that I have V1 of my partials done, I can continue working on this. A slight breakdown yesterday caused delay on Nico's Struggle, but I can keep up the work on this one. I can't give an ETA as it's so heavy with dialogue.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Take your time. You are a natural perfectionist, and also someone that takes great pride in your work. :)

I am quite literally dying on the poor quality of those Douluo Dalu translation coming out lately (both manhua and light novel), and it makes me appreciate the quality of your work that much more!

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've got a couple more maps done. You wouldn't believe the amount of dialogue in this game. Sometimes I have switch the translation to chinese to make sense of it.

Amendment
My MEGA account has been suspended. Fuck it. I don't care anymore. Haven't cared since the first notice. Any more patches I put my time into will be posted onto the relevant ulmf threads rather than any filehosts.
And to think I liked MEGA. The worst part is, they won't tell me which file/files offended them in particular, so I have no recourse to argue my point.
Go to hell, Kim dotcom.

I had a look over MEGA's TOS. It boils down to "We can do whatever the fuck we want, whenever the fuck we want to, without saying what the fuck we're doing."

Last edited:

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's great news, makes the translation so much more important, and therefore your work so much more important :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's not great news that my account has been suspended.
But now that it will only be available to registered ULMF users, I suppose it's better this way. What actually stings is that all my Cisco coursework and assignments were on that account as well.

Man, I'm happy I graduated before this happened.

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's not great at all, I'm really sad to hear that :( Another good reason to have ones own backup ftp-server (or equivalent) :/

Sorry I didn't really read it to an end, and missed the bit with the suspended account :(

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

idk what happend to mega, but theyve really been goin down the drain the past few months. i hope it dont set you back too much and i look forward to see more of yer translations :D

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ visciouswaffel
That's okay. Sorry I came down hard on it, I was a little more upset about it than I thought. No harm, no foul.

@ torkenstiem
To be perfectly honest, it hasn't set me back in the slightest. Since the first notice, I've been keeping all translation works (and backups) on my home system. This has been invaluable in keeping things going. If I had to do complete restart, I think I'd actually quit. Thankfully, not going to happen due to prudent action.

But really, who the hell goes through MEGA user accounts and does this?

Last edited:

Hantaboy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The mega encounter the same situation as Youtube (and Data.hu 2-3 years earlier). They can't keep up the storage upgrade rate with the users uploading rate. More and more user upload a lot of thing 24/7. There are a lot of same uploads, but mega using different encryption for every account (also they "didn't look" for your things), so merging files is not possible solution for space saving.

YT started to manipulate bitrate and quality for less file size to slow down the fast vanishing space situation.

Mega started to delete files and suspend account's for every report (if the report is actually happended) or just deleting random files as Data.hu done in the past few years.

There is no enough space for everybody stuff, the upgrading is cost money, and if they can't afford for upgrade or can't do as fast as it need to be they using this dirty tricks...

PS: sorry for my english

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've gone back over what I've done looking for anything that could crash the game, and found nothing.
I have, however removed translated pieces that have no bearing on the game dialogue and things that have no bearing on the game at all.
Things I left untranslated include lines that would come out as "Do not set the initial position of the player" and "item processing is not set" among others.
Things that have no bearing on the game as a whole: whole sections devoted to Name Input, which is not used in this game yet is in the Scripts file.

Once I've tested this version, and if it still crashes I'll scan through the files using RPGMaker's inbuilt editor and see if something is fecked.

For your edifice, the trans patch is currently weighing in at just under 9MB.