What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP]

I've gone back over what I've done looking for anything that could crash the game, and found nothing.
I have, however removed translated pieces that have no bearing on the game dialogue and things that have no bearing on the game at all.
Things I left untranslated include lines that would come out as "Do not set the initial position of the player" and "item processing is not set" among others.
Things that have no bearing on the game as a whole: whole sections devoted to Name Input, which is not used in this game yet is in the Scripts file.

Once I've tested this version, and if it still crashes I'll scan through the files using RPGMaker's inbuilt editor and see if something is fecked.

For your edifice, the trans patch is currently weighing in at just under 9MB.
Thanks Squark! I've been slowly following the translation of this game and am glad you're still chipping away at it. Looking forward to the full thing this year hopefully :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If all goes according to plan, I will finish it this year sometime.

Also, crash cause found. It's because of habisain that this can now move forward. Thank him, if you would! Moving on!

mirthless

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If all goes according to plan, I will finish it this year sometime.

Also, crash cause found. It's because of habisain that this can now move forward. Thank him, if you would! Moving on!
Ooh, thumbs up.

rtkamb

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If the picture isn't to your liking, look at the guy in the background. What is he taking a picture of...

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh there are so many good games in the process of being translated, I can't wait :) Keep up the great work, and habisain you are the MVP!
Will check back every now and then to see how this is moving along, keep up the awesome work. :)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh there are so many good games in the process of being translated, I can't wait :) Keep up the great work, and habisain you are the MVP!
No I'm not. Squark's the one putting all the effort in here.

Besides, this is a problem that I should've spotted much earlier (a typo in an string substitution specifier), but didn't. At least I now know of another thing that I should add to Robotrans (my "rule based" translation framework, which I'm also doubling up for automatic patch checking).

rizo

Reputation score

No I'm not. Squark's the one putting all the effort in here.

Besides, this is a problem that I should've spotted much earlier (a typo in an string substitution specifier), but didn't. At least I now know of another thing that I should add to Robotrans (my "rule based" translation framework, which I'm also doubling up for automatic patch checking).
Well you're both awesome! Doing something a lot of us on here wish we could :p
It's appreciated :)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This reminds me that i've still got a half-done save of TS-quest.

Welp, when the translation for this comes out, I'll finally understand atleast a little bit about the plotline of the games.

Reputation score

I'll probably just replay this game when the translation is done again, TS Quest was another bummer just like Mio. Not AS big but still a bummer.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd like to once again thank everyone for their continued interest.
And I'm sorry I didn't get much done this week, went on holidays down the country.
I could release a partial/UI RPGMTrans Patch fairly soonish. Any subsequent patches would be a simple update release.

As I've said before, I'd much rather release the whole glot at once. I'm willing to meet people halfway, however.

rizo

Reputation score

Would the patch you post soonish have some story/h scenes translated, or just the UI/items...
Also glad you're still sticking at it and i get why you'd want to release it all in one go.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It'd have everything I've done so far. So, the UI, Items, Weapons, Armours and so on; but also some of the maps will be in there as well.
CommonEvents remains unfinished to date, and work will most likely be continued on it after I finish the map I'm currently on, and those two behemoths of files - one's 1.2MB and the other one's closer to 3MB. Doesn't sound like much until you realise it's all text. I can't give an ETA, but I will try for sometime in the next eight days. I may very well get those other two files done, but I don't think I'll quite manage the rest of CommonEvents as well.

rizo

Reputation score

Ahh no problem, nice to see you're making you way through it at a good pace. Keep up the good work :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks!

Well, I need some help with a couple of lines again.
This one:
何が見ないでだ!ホラ、ケツを突き出せよ。俺様がぶち込んでやらぁ~!
Context is an "Evil-Looking Soldier" being creepy to Akos. Translator says something about blind and ass.

This one:
(何なのコイツ・・・これだから、男は・・・) she thinks in response to the above.

This one:
(あの笑み、食ったつもりが食われたみたいな感じになりそうだな・・・) I almost have this, though - something about a cheeky smile I think. But it doesn't make sense.

And this one:
お前のせいでバッキバキになっちまったぜ causes the translator to break down going on about baki or bakibaki and back and other stuff...

If anyone can help at all, I'd be very grateful.
Oh, on another note, I think I've found the file that holds all the H-Scene dialogue.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Let's see what I can do...

何が見ないでだ!ホラ、ケツを突き出せよ。俺様がぶち込んでやらぁ~!
"Hey, aren't you paying attention? Your butt is sticking out. I'm gonna crash into it~!"

(何なのコイツ・・・これだから、男は・・・)
"(What's he talking about... Honestly, that guy's...)" (Not too sure here, but it strikes me as just a sort of "typical perv" reaction)

(あの笑み、食ったつもりが食われたみたいな感じになりそうだな・・・)
"(That grin... It makes me feel like it's eat or be eaten...)"

お前のせいでバッキバキになっちまったぜ
Would like some more context due to not quite parsing this one, but it's probably along the lines of "I'm going to give you such a beating" or a similar threat - Bakibaki is the sound effect for cracking knuckles. (EDIT: It could also be someone preparing to administer such a beating)

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks so much ^^

Now for a little bad news:
I had an accident with RMTrans and lost only what I'd done for Map307.

Harsh lesson, well learned this time.

So what this means is that the colossal 1MB+ files (which are both in excess of 30,000 lines each) will be put on the back burner for a while, and I'll instead concentrate on the CommonEvents file.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If this is related to the thing you PM'd me about, it might be recoverable; RPGMaker Trans might have written out the translations in the patched version, in which case I should be able to piece the patch back together. If you want me to have a look, send me the Map037.rvdata2 file from the patched version (assuming you still have it), and I'll see what can be done. Apologies for the bug, but this is one of the one's I've never been able to reproduce.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's the very same thing. I didn't feel like gunking the thread up with it.
At any rate, all that remains of Map307 (307, not 037) at the moment is six lines. Which amounts to about 1KB instead of roughly 1.2MB.

So... The backup I'm using will require some work, but if you think you can piece it back together, it'd be much more preferable.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OK, so bad news is I won't be able to actually do the data recovery for a little while (probably Friday, maybe Saturday). Good news is that my suspicions were correct and the file does contain your translations, and therefore it's totally recoverable.

It also helps me narrow down where the bug that caused this problem is, so that's also good :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's better to hear that it helps you narrow it down that to hear the file can be fixed :D
*sits down to do some more work on the CommonEvents file*

EDIT: In all honesty, I'm very tempted to leave all the イクッ as "Iku" instead of changing them to "I'm cumming!". It's quite an internal conflict of interest.
EDIT II: Fuck, I can't wait until I get past all of this Slime content *despairs that there's so much more of it in the CommonEvents* ¬_¬

Last edited: