What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP]

EDIT: In all honesty, I'm very tempted to leave all the イクッ as "Iku" instead of changing them to "I'm cumming!". It's quite an internal conflict of interest.
Considering the amount of text, I wouldn't mind if you leave them as "Iku" or whatever... especially if it means less work for you to fit them into the text box.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's what I'll do. I'm going to leave it as "Iku".
Also, apologies. The CommonEvents are wearing me down. It'll take a little longer than I hoped. If I can shunt about 1500 lines in per day... Um... Saturday.

If I experience another work blitz, it'll be sooner than that, obviously. That's what happened when I polished off the Scripts codesheet. What should have taken a week and a half got done in four days.

But man alive, I hope to never see so many lines of someone getting wasted on Slime Jizz and orgasms for a long time.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Wait to it might be out this Saturday...
Well I didn't think it would be that soon, I'm waiting with excitement.
You're pretty fkin awesome if I so say so myself.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

But man alive, I hope to never see so many lines of someone getting wasted on Slime Jizz and orgasms for a long time.

its sad and funny at the same time;
to know already that i'll simply skip over the part you struggled with the most.

to be serious again, saturday would be great.
but we can all wait a couple days more, if we need to ;)

rizo

Reputation score

its sad and funny at the same time;
to know already that i'll simply skip over the part you struggled with the most.

to be serious again, saturday would be great.
but we can all wait a couple days more, if we need to ;)
I agree with you there, I would be happy with Saturday. But if it takes longer, it takes longer. Regardless we all appreciate the time you've put into this. :)

Impure

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have been following this thread for a while now, and I can't wait for the translation to be finished. But don't wear yourself out man, especially now it's getting hotter each day.

I just appreciate that you do this at all, doesn't matter how much time it takes.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just to clarify:

Full translation will not be a Saturday release. The core (Actors, Armours, CommonEvents, Enemies, Items, Scripts, Skills, States, Troops, Weapons) is on course for Saturday.

While most of what's included will be the core, it'll also have whatever else I have ready by then. The largest remaining file outside of the colossal two I've alluded to stands at 386KB; just under 8,000 lines. I've looked at that file already and there's not even nearly 8,000 entries to be translated. Gods, I love it when I find these things out.

Keep said:
i'll simply skip over the part you struggled with the most.
It's easy to avoid it. Just don't lose to the Slime Boss.

Wish me luck :D

Last edited:

rizo

Reputation score

Aww had my hopes up for the full release, oh well. Keep up the good work, I'll try it anyway when it's to see what I can look forward to in the future. :)

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just to clarify:

Full translation will not be a Saturday release. The core (Actors, Armours, CommonEvents, Enemies, Items, Scripts, Skills, States, Troops, Weapons) is on course for Saturday.

While most of what's included will be the core, it'll also have whatever else I have ready by then. The largest remaining file outside of the colossal two I've alluded to stands at 386KB; just under 8,000 lines. I've looked at that file already and there's not even nearly 8,000 entries to be translated. Gods, I love it when I find these things out.
ah, i see.
thanks for clarifying that right away.

It's easy to avoid it. Just don't lose to the Slime Boss.
got it, chief :p

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally! Slime over and done with! Now on to the Forest Pervert dialogue... ugh (facedesk).
At the very least it's not as mind-numbing, and I'm almost done with that scene too as I type this. 300 more lines of this (give or take). Looking good, that'll take me up to about line 3,000 out of 9,000. I'm hopeful for Saturday still.

rizo

Reputation score

Aww those forest perverts, at it again with there creepiness lol
you're getting through it pretty quick. :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's more so a case of buckling down and just shoving everything else off to the side for a while. Also, all the help and encouragement are a godsend in this. Roughly 6,600 lines to go.

It's happening a lot faster than I initially thought.

Hoboy

Reputation score

You're a machine - this is very much appreciated...;)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ Rizo
Love the avatar and signature. Adorable ^^

@ Hoboy
As always, thank you!

On to more serious business, I guess I shouldn't try to do something like this when I've been tired all day long (falling asleep in the middle of the day, napping when I don't particularly want to and so on...) as I've encountered a section that makes little to no sense given the context as I understand it.

Context:
Akos has just lost to an Assman. (Yes, that's the enemy name: ケツマニ roughly translates into Assman, I think... lit: Ketsumani/Kezman)
Assman stands back to admire Akos' rear end and says "Simply superb, isn't it?"... upon which this interchange plays out:

* note any \\I[122] are present in the code itself, presumably as a switch variable check *
Code:
Akos:
『いやんっ\\I[122]あたしに何をするのぉ~?』

Assman:
『ぐへへへ~、お前だって
分かってるんだろぉ~?』

Akos:
『あたし、そんなの分かんないよぉ~\\I[122]』

Akos:
(あたし、これからこの人に・・・ハァハァ・・・)
Notes: I know ハァハァ is basically heavy breathing (Haa... Haa...) and ぐへへへ~ is "Guhehehe" (a sickening pervert's laugh), so neither of those are in question.

I'll press on for now. Maybe I'll go for a walk to clear the cobwebs.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OK... First off, \\I[number] displays an inline image in the text. I can't tell you exactly what the image will be in this case, but I suspect it'll be something to indicate embarrassment.

As to translations... Let's see...

Akos: Iyaaa\\I[122] What are you going to do to me?
Assman: Guhehehe... I think you know, don't you?
Akos: No, I don't, I really don't\\I[122] (more literally: "I... really don't know", but that sounds boring)
Akos: (After this... I'll...) Haa... Haa... (sentence is unfinished, but I'm assuming this is a threat of violence after Assman does what he does)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I see. It's just that there's a lot of \\I[122]'s in this file. Sometimes two concurrently - \\I[122]\\I[122].

Also, thanks once again, habisain. I'm seeing a twatload of らめぇ (ramee) everywhere, and it sounds more like a sound than a word. Possibly along the lines of Gyu, higuu and others.

As far as I know,"これ" (kore) is "this" or "this is" and "しゅご" (shugo) is either "police" or "guardian", but the whole thing is " しゅご・・・これしゅごぉ~". In the context of the game, it may be something to do with Knights...
Hmm... "This... This Knight..." may actually sound better given the conditions, so I'll go with that.

On another note, Mr.Ass's scene is now done, and I'm taking a short break.
That makes it 4,464 lines done. Getting it finished tonight is looking unlikely, so how about this:
I'll push out what I've got tonight and release updates for it for each scene I translate? Would people be okay with that setup?

Well, that's what I'm going to do. I'll attach it to the first post and update it that way.

Next: Rapist scene (I'm guessing it's not the Schwarzburg Rapist).

Last edited:

Cadgy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

shugoi = probably a slurred sugoi.

"Amashing... This ish amashing"

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That actually didn't occur to me, but the it's actually shpelled without the i... so I thought...
But that makes more sense.

shmjtty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry if I'm just being dumb, but how do you apply this patch? I was just expecting to replace everything in the Data folder as with other translations, but the download is all text files?

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Initially it was going to be a binary patch like what Yugifan does (I do appreciate what he does, though). I changed over when I decided to do a full trans and nearly lost my mind with the sheer amount of repeated text in this game.
I should have said it's an RMTrans patch.

Go and download the one that doesn't have _cli_ in its name (it has a GUI, easier to work with). Unpack and put in whatever folder you like - I generally use a folder calld RPGMTrans.

Don't unpack the archive (keep it as a .zip) unless you need to (see below).
Copy/move the game folder and patch to the same directory.
Run RPGMaker Trans.
Under "Game Location", hit browse and select the Game.exe file in the folder (it's handy if the RGSS3a file is still there as well).
Under "Patch location" (if it doesn't find it automatically, but it should) find the patch archive and select it.

Important - For whatever reason, if the patch archive is not showing up under Patch Location, unpack it to a separate folder and direct RPGMakerTrans to the RPGMKTRANSPATCH file. This sometimes works, sometimes not.

If all goes according to plan, it should automatically create a _translated folder. Now all you need to do is hit "Go".
If it doesn't create the _translated folder by itself: close, reboot and try again. It works 97.5% of the time.

I know these instructions may make it look complicated, but really, it's simple.

One last thing: what's actually currently translated is in my opening post. I'm still working on this, so there will still be Japanese text in the game itself, but there will also be a fair bit of English text as well. The UI (Items, Armours, Weapons, Skills, States, Enemies, Troops, Actors) are all finished should all be in English. Actors in particular is pretty useless for this game as all the characters names are present in the dialogue, so they will revert to Japanese at some point. If you come across any non-dialogue stuff that's still Japanese, do tell me. Feedback is always appreciated - it helps me do this better.

Last edited: