What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

Vultuderp

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 25/6/16

Thanks both of you :D

Vultuderp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for double posting, I need some help again.
Where is located this place?

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is why I want the quest images translated for game insertion. But that's probably best left until I have the whole quest table done.
Nevertheless..
Vultuderp said:
Where is located this place?
That's Eschenbach. It opens after the quest "Power of the Flame" has been completed. Go back to Eschenbach and there should be an option to restart on the 5th floor.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm. Well, while this may be a little down the line, but if you want a reasonable facsimilie of a clean version of that graphic for translation, I can probably do it pretty easily. It won't actually be a cleaned version of the graphic, mind. I suck at cleaning stuff that has patterns, but I can knock together a clean template which would look very similar (using the world map graphic from the game, some palette tricks and some corner stuff from Freepik).

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is mostly a status update; not quite happy to push another patch yet. I've been holding off on finishing out the common events (mostly H-Scenes) because some of them make me sad, with the whole "Get her wasted on jizz" thing that the enemies seem so fond of. But the scenes in there are the replayable ones, so the other one-off scenes are dotted throughout the maps. I've been plugging through the quest table for the most part, trying to catch up with the workload. I'm actually kind of looking forward to having some meatier maps done as well. I always go "Oh god, another 9,696 liner? Let's get started anyway... *facedesk*"
It's my anti-moan mechanism that keeps me driving forward.

@ habisain:
While I would appreciate even one graphic worked on, it might cause some level of confusion for others. Don't get me wrong, though. Thanks for the offer, but I won't push you. You have enough on your plate to worry about as is.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So... am I still working on this? Oh you betcha. It's taking longer because I want the next update to be more meaningful.

Anyway... roadblock.

Line: 様の裸・・駄目、乳首がお尻が気になる、気になる気になる!

Google: Akos like naked ... useless, nipples ass anxious, anxious to be worried about!
IMtranslator (Bing):Nude of the Akos and, like nipples, don't get bothered by the ass, would like to be!
Honyaku: The nude of the Akos' state is no use, and a nipple brings itself to bring itself to be worried about buttocks!

Context: Akos, while naked, complimented the maid's rather excellent cooking.

Help is always appreciated.
So many terms throw back the word "useless". It can get rather confusing.
My guess is this: She's naked... those nipples... that ass... Focus! Don't get distracted!

Also, when this is tacked onto the end of a name 様, what does it signify? Something is screaming at me to guess at "Mistress" or "Lady" or something similar.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

様 (sama) is one of the higher forms of honorific. It's normally translated as Lord or Lady, as I think the traditional use is the honorific for a feudal lord or head of a clan.

As to the translation, I'd note the phrase 気になる is repeated three times at the end. So I think it's something more along the lines of: "Lady Akos is naked... I can't... Those tits... That ass... I want them, I want them I want them!"

Replace "I want them" with other translations of 気になる as appropriate - it basically means thinking about something, but I don't think there's a particular positive or negative inflection to it. For example you could go for "Why"/"I want to know, I want to know I want to know" if you want a response which is less about the maid fancying Akos. I suppose it depends on whether or not there are other lines where Akos is a chick-magnet as to what interpretation is correct.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yup. To be honest, I thought it was -sama. It doesn't quite fit in with normal english, though. The closest we have is M'lady (insert name here) or simply milady. At any rate, thanks again.

I went ahead and translated a few more lines (okay, the rest of that scene) and this one maid DOES fancy Akos. I think "I want 'em" is the most fitting one here.

It was kind of fun as well. Google threw up some stuff about smelling like lillies, IMTrans said something about smelling like Yuri, while Honyaku was pretty blunt about it.

By the way, if anyone's played Shadow Hearts (PS2) did you ever rename Yuri to Yaoi just for giggles? I did. I also renamed the girl (whatever her default is) to Pants. Just for laughs and lines like "... and she's Pants."

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I hope you will just add the Japanese honorifics to the translation, I like when I can feel the Japanese in a translation, unless there's a good reason not to of course :) Like one thing I really love about the translations of Sengoku Rance and Big Bang age is that they have really kept the Japanese way of thinking in the translations, since I can't interpret Japanese it's a rare moment for me to appreciate their way of thinking. That requires a bit more than just the honorifics though -_-

Damn I'm looking forward to this projects completion :D

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hope you will just add the Japanese honorifics to the translation, I like when I can feel the Japanese in a translation, unless there's a good reason not to of course :) Like one thing I really love about the translations of Sengoku Rance and Big Bang age is that they have really kept the Japanese way of thinking in the translations, since I can't interpret Japanese it's a rare moment for me to appreciate their way of thinking. That requires a bit more than just the honorifics though -_-

Damn I'm looking forward to this projects completion :D
I'd lean the other way on this project. I think honorifics do have their place, but only if they make sense in context. While I know little on Big Bang Age, Sengoku Rance is set in a feudal-ish era Japan, and so honorifics are definitely a sensible choice for it. Knight of Flame appears to be set in a more European leaning setting though, and so I'd go for translating the honorifics to a better contextual fit. That's how localisation should work. And that should explain why on one of my own projects I've resolved to translate honorifics (VPM), whereas on the others I'm leaving them in place.

Obviously though, Squark's project, so his call. And I think everyone is looking forward to it in the end.

EDIT: Something that bugs me on the title of the game that I just realised... Shouldn't it be the other way around, i.e. Lily Akos, Knight of Flame?

Last edited:

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have played your translation a bit, and the phrase 'mightn't' is not a phrase that would ever been used in written english, I know perfectly well what you mean but normally it would always be spelled 'might not'.

A side note, I will probably be writing details such as these to you, tell me if you want a private message instead, and it is never a plea for you to fix it. it is just something that is incorrect, not something that can't be understood.

Happy translating :)

Perhaps I can help you proofread, I'm not by any means perfect at English but I might be a big help :)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yay, American vs British English Grammar wars!

The word might is substantially less common in American English (as it tends not to be used in the formal suggestion/question ways), so of course it follows that mightn't is even rarer. In British English mightn't is not that unusual, especially when you get to the more northern parts. So I guess it depends where Knight of Flame is set as to whether or not it's appropriate.

Last edited:

Rateptaker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I was wondering if you could tell me where this is, I'm having trouble finding it.

Attachments

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well all higher education in Britain have waged war against all written 'n't' forms, because in the end the 'n't' form is not meant for writing, but damn it must be rare I have read a shitton of english and have never ever encountered it before this translation :eek: I think I have heard it before, it is probably something I might even say, but damn, 1st time in writing. And I even favour british over american :/

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, that's not entirely right. I'd say that a lot of n't forms are acceptable in writing, e.g. wouldn't, couldn't, shouldn't, doesn't. More to the point though, we're discussing dialogue, which doesn't follow the same rules, as it's a transcription of spoken word.

As to higher education - I'm not sure on what level you're talking about, but academics have a convention to use a standard form acceptable to both American and British English wherever possible. I personally have to change a lot of the stuff I write to accommodate this, for example whilst/while. So you may have run into a similar convention, as mightn't is not common for American English.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was wondering if you could tell me where this is, I'm having trouble finding it.
That's the front gate to Snowflake.

Please don't derail this thread with linguistic wars.

@ habisain
It probably should. I might change it with the next patch update. It does make more sense, now that I consider it.

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well thank you, I got to know a lot more stuff I did not know beforehand :)

Rateptaker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm sorry, I took the wrong screenshot, this is what I actually meant. Thanks for your help.

ed: Found it, it's the waterfront temple

Attachments

Last edited:

Rateptaker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could you tell me what am I supposed to do here, I can't go through this door and I can't beat the stone giant either.

Attachments

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i suggest you post this questions in the other subforum for the game. this here is for the translation and not asking questions really.