What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RJ167851] - Nico's Struggle TWA1.10

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, this was requested with nobody replying to or starting this.

ULMF Topic :

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28349
I'm taking this sucker on.

Progress?
Everything besides Skills is currently done.

I think I found the bestiary. It's part of the enemy data under "Notes" which RMTrans can't seem to grab yet.
I also think I got everything. Although I'm not satisfied with releasing a binary patch, I don't currently have anything that can retrofit it for RMTrans.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ167851] - Nico's Struggle TWA1.10

Doublepost, forgive me.

Update
I still expect to have this partial done sometime tomorrow. As stated in my previous edited post, There may very well be things I missed or have translated incorrectly. Some things I didn't touch because they're either utter garbage, joke messages or enemy skill descriptions. I'm about 50% of the way through the skills sheet and that's about all I withstand of it right now. I'm frustrated with that little yappy shite of a dog five doors down and its incessant noisemaking. I can't take both at the same time. Normally I love dogs, but that one is RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Rant aside, if I get some quiet time tomorrow, I'll see about finishing this.

And I still can't find the bestiary pages.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well, i hope you can get some peace tomorr so you can work on this some more.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks.
I'm into a section labelled "For Enemy" now, which is strange as I've already come across some skills labelled "For enemy action".
And to be perfectly honest, some of these other skills... Well, let's just say they could break a brain. One or two sound like absolute jokes (Pot/Rice and some garbled nonsense text) and WTF does "I-yes-no-I-well" mean, anyway? I know it's because of the notorious inaccuracy of machine translators, but I can't even begin to make sense of trash output like that. There's about 55 more entries and I'm fearing for my sanity. That's not 55 lines, that'd be nothing. Bear in mind there's name, description, message (and sometimes message2). This turns it from 55 to somewhere between 165 and 220 lines. However, my text editor says there's some 438 lines left (but this is including blank lines as well). Oh well, back to the grindstone.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As I said, I'm nearly done with the skills. So, this kind of text comes up sometimes in the *gak* announcement Nico makes for some of her specials. Somehow shouting at the enemy "I don't know what to say!" isn't going to fill them with dread :p

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As I said, I'm nearly done with the skills. So, this kind of text comes up sometimes in the *gak* announcement Nico makes for some of her specials. Somehow shouting at the enemy "I don't know what to say!" isn't going to fill them with dread :p
haha, well make it "For the Horde!", just jokin. it dont seem like its much to fret over.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ROFL :D
I made a .rvproj2 file just to check that what I've done is correctly inserted into the game.... and there's a glot of skills that haven't been done the way they should have been. I guess this is what happens with constant testing. Against my better judgement, this will be the only binary patch I ever make. If I could find a tool to retrofit it as a functioning RMTrans Patch, it would be my preferred method.

Work continues. Binary patch will be finished today. EDIT: Uploaded. In a later release I will attempt the bestiary.

Last edited: