[Complete - Full] [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Rune's Pharmacy (v1.71)

ULMF Thread: www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26259
DLSite:

Quest Guide: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php...&postcount=262

See Attached File for Translation Patches with v1.43 --> v1.71 Updates - Updated 9/10
...................................This means you need at least v1.43 to apply the translation correctly. You will then have v1.71 in English.

■■■■■■■■■IMPORTANT UPDATE (11/24/17)■■■■■■■■■
The developers of the game have asked me to stop distributing the full game. However, they will still allow you to download the english patch for v1.71 and below.

Also, the new forum isn't allowing me to upload a new attachment so the current "megalink.txt" down there says you can PM me for link. This is now false obviously.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Thanks to Libellule this past year for providing game updates with name separators!

Motivation: I'm trying to learn Japanese o_O. There are probably a few spots that I translated incorrectly, but they shouldn't be too frequent or important. I definitely learned a lot with this project!

...I hope this post is colorful enough for you? o_O

Attachments

Last edited:

esco

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune Pharmacy

Thanks a lot. You are my hero for translating this game. I will post here if i find game breaking bugs.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Awesome, I really support this project (was looking into getting a translation project myself)
but I give some really important advice?
Please try to use rpgmaker-trans instead of editing the game directly with the engine, not only its easier a safer to use, cause all dialog goes directly to text files, it also makes the translation update safe, considering the steady stream of updates the game has gotten so far.
If you're up for collaboration I can also make the project into a git repository, this makes very easier for collaboration and version-ing.
If you're interest, touch me up I can help with it.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Rune Pharmacy [RJ139385]

You broke the Item/Material in inventory :D

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

wow, very nice =)

for a start that prety nice, and you didn't choose the most simple game to translate XD

seem somethings go bad with the item/matérial list, item dont appear
the item are here, we have them, we can craft, but they dont appear in the menu :p

i will continue to provide update with separator if the game got newer update ^^ no problem :p

but i can not +1 Gfurst on is advice, rpgmaker-trans is a smoth tool that realy help, and he take care of lot of things in view to not break anything

personaly i use him to add the name separator, that take less than 2 min XD

thanks for your works, i'm sure a lot of ppl will apretiate for this game ^^
and gambate for that bug correction ^p^/

esco

Demon Girl
Reputation score

seem somethings go bad with the item/matérial list, item dont appear
the item are here, we have them, we can craft, but they dont appear in the menu :p
Exactly this, some quests require using items/learning spells and its impossible to proceed when you don't have access to item menu.
I also found few spelling mistakes/eaten words but thats least of a problem.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you're having problems with RPGMaker Trans, please ask. I'd point out that find-in-files utilities (e.g. Agent Ransack, or Astrogrep, or Kfind on Linux) are very useful for finding things (e.g. search for "Items" to find which files contain items).

In any case, the menu breakage sounds like it's probably a redux of . The current status is this will be fixed with RPGMaker Trans v5, but that's currently lined up for a summer release.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I fixed the item/materials problem, should be up now.

I was translating stuff in Scripts, and so that meant things like "アイテム" became "Item", so now we could read it. But unfortunately, the game is looking for a tab called "アイテム", so therefore it didn't display anything :(. Let's see if I broke anything new this time o_O

I'm actually finding all of these problems while using RPGMakerTrans. I only use the game editor for things that don't appear in Trans, most notably the quest list, because they're written as comments instead of messages.

NLegend

Demon Girl
Reputation score

the mega link provided is indead dead:3 is it possible to re-upload?:)

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139385] Rune's Pharmacy

Link is alive! Hooray!

Vaed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you should try changing the file name, make it less obvious

steve88luv334

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I cant make any promises as to whether or not the 2 programs I just downloaded will work offline but if they do I think I might try to help with this translation a little. I have other projects that are long overdue to be finished but since I dont have my desktop here in Arkansas with me since its still in Florida I dont have any of those games or the big parts of the translations and im not wanting to start all over from scratch. So im going to cross my fingers and hope that these will work well enough to get back into it since this looks like an awesome game to play. I also use RPGTrans so we can both work off the same files without any issues.

Humsas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Now they banned hoofiewoofie's Mega account :(

Try adding password to the archive. Maybe that will help.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It doesn't. I tried that, and they still banned my account.

Use something like GoogleDrive. They know how to keep their customer base.
hoofiewoofie said:
I was tempted to leave the main character's name as ルネ b/c it's too easy to automatically pronounce "Rune" as "roon" -_-. By the way, why is she an elf?
That's because her name is Rune (ie, Rune's Pharmacy; also because the two katakana it uses are Ru and Ne - what's the problem here?). Also, it's not unusual for characters to be named Rune or Lune in RPGs as a whole. Phantasy Star III and IV do this - in III there's a boss called Lune, and in IV there's a party member named Rune (at least in the localised english versions). And she's an elf because why not :p

Last edited:

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Its really odd that the link is being taken down so often... btw, you can only find files with mega if you their link,
so maybe anyone knows if the game author doesn't want it being translated?
or possibly anyone else really, normally mega doesn't even check claims and just takes down links for anyone...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

normally mega doesn't even check claims and just takes down links for anyone...
They don't have to check the claims. The DMCA requires a good faith assertion from a copyright holder or someone authorised on their behalf. After a DMCA claim is received, the file has to come down and can only be reinstated if a counterclaim is received.

The problem with fan translations is that we don't have any way of doing a counterclaim, because the fan translation is a derived work and therefore infringing.

OP
H

hoofiewoofie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The current method seems to work for preventing takedowns. Therefore I'm guessing there's a bot running around the site downloading all links and checking them for matches, but there's no person actually reading it.

On the topic of translating... I was unexpectedly given a bunch of work at work, so I haven't had much time. I should be free again after the end of next week. That being said, I got to play a whopping one hour :eek: so I understand more about the game now :). In the meantime, I translated as much as I could of the Quest book (and a smattering of other stuff). I don't know the context (and some of the grammar) for some of those, so I had to leave parts untranslated. Hopefully I didn't completely mis-translate something... as always, check for game-breaking bugs!

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The DMCA requires a good faith assertion from a copyright holder or someone authorised on their behalf.
I don't think so mate, have you never seen a DMCA link pretty much every direct-link/torrent/image site?
I never tried following one of these links but my guess is pretty much no one is going question or verify your claim, they just assume the claim is right a let you make a counter claim if you indeed have the rights.

And I believe that making translations is in fact fair use, you're interfering with the author expected market which is obviously japanese speaking. In fact making a translation is helping the author by reaching other markets, a english speaker can purchase the game and apply a third party translation to understand it. Of course most of the times we just pirate the game as well, which is why its commonly frowned upon.

One similar case of misused copyright claims is Youtube, its already known that are lots of wrong claims of false holders, that use the automatic detection of music and get claims all over the place, receiving revenue without any verification. On more than one occasion this happened to me, and its just a matter of making counter claim that they will draw back.