What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RPG Maker] Hero Level 1 [RJ149875] V1.21 (Rework)

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
As the original TL file by Daede seems to be gone for good, I thought I'd start a new one. Been working on it for a while, and there's still a decent bit of work left to do.

Current Progress:
Actors, Items, Armours, Enemies, States, System, Troops, Skills, Scripts: 100%

CommonEvents not required. Mostly dialogue. This is just a partial.
Hero Level 1 V1.21 ENGTL Partial V1.1 Link removed, pending update
I'm calling this V1.1 It fixes derpage, incorrect labels, (hopefully) missing stuff and the Yes/No prompts. Thanks to habisain for that :)
I'd like criticism and feedback. But any "Hurr Durr you suck" comments -even as a joke- will not be tolerated. They serve no-one and no purpose at all.

CAVEAT: You will need for this to work at all.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker] Hero Level 1 [RJ149875]

I would read it as Jintō ōka ranman. I'm not an expert at pronouncing Japanese, but I'm pretty confident here due to the famous and similarly written 名刀/Meitō of One Piece.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, I'll go with that.

Phildalt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks a lot :)

I'm eagerly waiting for it!

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker] Hero Level 1 [RJ149875] V1.21

V1 complete. Link in opening post.
Derpage Fixed. Link restored.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

CAVEAT: はい/いいえ prompts were not translated as they could not be found. I'm sure you know already, but they're Yes and No respectively.
Yeah, RPGMaker Trans can put stuff in weird places sometimes. I should really work on getting that fixed. Anyhow, try Map220, lines 28 through 838 (there's a lot of Yes/No's in the game) for those choices.

(I'm afraid I can't recommend any find-in-files utilities for Windows, because the one I used to use, Agent Ransack, doesn't particularly like UTF8 files. Linux is much more accommodating on this matter.)

Miglio666

Reputation score

Yeah, RPGMaker Trans can put stuff in weird places sometimes. I should really work on getting that fixed. Anyhow, try Map220, lines 28 through 838 (there's a lot of Yes/No's in the game) for those choices.

(I'm afraid I can't recommend any find-in-files utilities for Windows, because the one I used to use, Agent Ransack, doesn't particularly like UTF8 files. Linux is much more accommodating on this matter.)
Sorry for my english, use Notepad++ is free.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, habisain. I could have sworn I went through the each and every file... Must have missed that one.

@ Miglio666
I know about Notepad++ and actually use it some myself.
However, I'm starting to prefer Sublime Text.

Phildalt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey. I keep getting the "Error parsing Script base: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated" error...

Can anyone help me? Screenshot:

Thanks...

Phildalt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey. I keep getting the "Error parsing Script base: Cannot parse heredoc; leaving untranslated" error...

Can anyone help me? Screenshot:

Thanks...
Apparently after deleting and re-applying patch a few times it's working now...

Idk why. Thanks :)

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I try to use transmaker but it keeps failing with the message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 290, in update
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 86, in incProgress
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 101, in updateProgress
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 237, in trigger
File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headlessrbarc.py", line 63, in finish
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:/Users/Andy/Downloads/Level 1 Hero/RJ149875_Ver.1.21\\Game.rgss3a'

Any chance you can just upload the graphic and data files only?

Edit: Nevermind, the interface hid the part about the permissions problem, didn't even see it until I posted the copy-pasted error.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Apparently after deleting and re-applying patch a few times it's working now...

Idk why. Thanks :)
Yeah, I should have told you about the "heredoc" thing. It doesn't change or break anything; it's a curious thing. This also came a cropper with my BibleViolet translation, and also comes up in my work on Akos. Long story short, don't worry about it. Any future updates I make for this will also show the "heredoc" error.

@ Hallerai
I'm glad you noticed the problem. I was about to tell you what happened until I saw the edit.
About just uploading the graphics and data files... That's all I did.

@ Both of you:
It's highly possible I still missed a few things or there are typos. The game shouldn't crash at all (was overly careful not to change anything that looked remotely vital). Though I do not overly support porting the Data folder as a patch in itself, it can be useful to replace lost items or things that didn't make sense when looking through the eyes of a text editor.

Have fun, guys. This one took longer than expected.

I'm just glad I finished this one today because now I have the battle themes from SMT: DDS and SMT: SJ running around in my head >.<

Last edited:

Phildalt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, I should have told you about the "heredoc" thing. It doesn't change or break anything; it's a curious thing. This also came a cropper with my BibleViolet translation, and also comes up in my work on Akos. Long story short, don't worry about it. Any future updates I make for this will also show the "heredoc" error.

@ Hallerai
I'm glad you noticed the problem. I was about to tell you what happened until I saw the edit.
About just uploading the graphics and data files... That's all I did.

@ Both of you:
It's highly possible I still missed a few things or there are typos. The game shouldn't crash at all (was overly careful not to change anything that looked remotely vital). Though I do not overly support porting the Data folder as a patch in itself, it can be useful to replace lost items or things that didn't make sense when looking through the eyes of a text editor.

Have fun, guys. This one took longer than expected.

I'm just glad I finished this one today because now I have the battle themes from SMT: DDS and SMT: SJ running around in my head >.<
Thanks a lot :)

livedhealer15

Reputation score

File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 290, in update
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 86, in incProgress
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 101, in updateProgress
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 237, in trigger
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headlessrbarc.py", line 63, in finish
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:/Users/lived/Desktop/Config. Down/Level 1 Hero/Level 1 hero\\Game.rgss3a'

I'm having this problem as well. My issues is that nothing seems to be working. I have tried moving the Level 1 hero file to different locations on my computer, I have tried running rpgmakertrans with administrative privileges, I have even used the rpgmaker decryptor to open the files of the game itself, I have tried changing the game files from "read only" to... well not "read only", and I have redownloaded and tried to reinstall both the game files, and the patch... no luck.

Also I cannot find you Bible Violet partial anywhere.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 290, in update
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 86, in incProgress
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 101, in updateProgress
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 237, in trigger
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpg\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headlessrbarc.py", line 63, in finish
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:/Users/lived/Desktop/Config. Down/Level 1 Hero/Level 1 hero\\Game.rgss3a'

I'm having this problem as well. My issues is that nothing seems to be working. I have tried moving the Level 1 hero file to different locations on my computer, I have tried running rpgmakertrans with administrative privileges, I have even used the rpgmaker decryptor to open the files of the game itself, I have tried changing the game files from "read only" to... well not "read only", and I have redownloaded and tried to reinstall both the game files, and the patch... no luck.

I /just/ patched it with no problems. Using RPGtrans 4.41.

If I had to guess, try moving the files from your desktop to somwhere in C: (Or a data drive)

Windows has /really/ weird permission issues with the desktop itself.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I took it down for the following two reasons:
1: There was a recurring error in which the ATK and AST boxes on the screen were empty. This is potentially game-breaking as there's no way to easily find out which skills you've selected.
2: So I could work on it a bit more in my spare time.

I still plan to re-release it, though. Don't know when, yet.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
To whomever spammed my email with requests for this, please stop.
I'll reshare when I feel like it. Translations are currently on hold and have been for some time.
I'm currently actually updating this to fix some things that bug me about it.

I'm also not really all that active here on ULMF any more - can't remember the last time I even logged in.
Stop spamming my email or nobody here will get the update to my earlier work that I'm doing, I swear it.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Status update time.
Making decent progress on the rework. Even found some things I hadn't translated. I won't be releasing until it's done, however. Just know that I've found why I like translating in the first place again.
I'll be moving back into Lily Akos, Knight of Flame translation again after this.
I had a bad reaction to people bashing my efforts the last time in a place I didn't know about, behind closed doors without a way of defending myself.
They accused me of lazily translating only bits and pieces without having any knowledge of how the program works.

I respond well to constructive criticism and help but if the intention is to bash me or my work, GFY.

In between things, I think I'll give BibleViolet another look over. See if I can figure out why things happened the way they did.

My On Hold projects are still on hold and will be for the foreseeable. If anyone wants to tackle either of them, just let me know.

Mister_cat

Reputation score
Hey pal, any work in which you give dedication has to be acknowledged, thanks for translating TechnoBrake works, you are doing a great job, waiting to see how it turns out.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Time for another status update.

All entries in the Items category done. That was a 2000-line slog. Weapons next, that should be done at some point tomorrow.
Map files and final checks will follow.
After that, I'll make a release. That'll mark the end of the Partial.
Then I'll take a look at the CommonEvents file but those tend to be huge anyway.
CommonEvents might take about a week to ten days if I can stick to my ~1500 lines per day.