What's new

RPGMakerTrans V3 Editor

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I made an editor for patch files made with RPGMakerTrans v3 Patch Format. This should make it easy to track modify patches.

Download ( latest version - 1.4.1)

Requires .Net Framework 4.5

currently, no form of progress check has been implemented. also assets arent implemented.Now supports multiple contexts

Auto Translate with Google Translate is supported. Only Jap=>Eng is currently supported.

it is pretty straightforward to use. just load the main 'RPGMKTRANSPATCH' file. and the list should populate. only the 'Translation' column is editable.
Note. This editor only support version 3 format patches.

CHANGELOG
Base app. open and save patches

Fix implementation of patch format

Added text filter
Added single item save
Added multi context support
added some gui elements

Bug Fixes
Added logging for failed loads. (logfile in same folder as app.)
Added Auto Translation.

Dont auto translate line if last context is already translated.(this maintains your personal translations)

1.3.1-fix
bug fixes.

Added single file auto translation. Right click a patch file to access the menu
Added basic UndoRedo. no tracking of position in table is implemented. so modified texts are not autoscrolled to.
Added cached states. caches can be used to restore patches from different states. it is auto reloaded on startup.
Added GUI icons.
bug fixes.

Fix handling of multiline contexts
Added limits to guide line formating

Fix high CPU usage
Lines with many contexts can now be scrolled
Implemented translation queues. files can now be added while autotranslation is in progress
bug fixes

screen

Last edited:
OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RPGMakerTrans V3 Editor

If you get any problem using it, post the patch file, and the steps you took in editing it.

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice, though it won't work for me because "lel fuck winXP" and crashing with no survivors once I click "load" option.
But that small problem aside, I hope it has and option to copy and paste all lines from each section separate or both just by ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Like Excel, for example.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice, though it won't work for me because "lel fuck winXP" and crashing with no survivors once I click "load" option.
But that small problem aside, I hope it has and option to copy and paste all lines from each section separate or both just by ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Like Excel, for example.
you can do basic copy and paste(for translation column) by selecting the row and ctrl+c/v. if the row is selected, it copies the whole row.

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

you can do basic copy and paste(for translation column) by selecting the row and ctrl+c/v. if the row is selected, it copies the whole row.
Better to make it to work for both. And also to be able to select the whole row in one click (see Excel), if it doesn't already.
Also I think it would be nice to have in the future:
  • at least basic search function, either in separate window (ctrl+f), or somewhere in the interface;
  • edited history back and forth (ctrl+z/y);
  • some sort of background save function and possibility to save whole/certain thing just by ctrl+s;
  • and also some sort of bookmark, to continue from where you left the last time.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Better to make it to work for both. And also to be able to select the whole row in one click (see Excel), if it doesn't already.
Also I think it would be nice to have in the future:
  • at least basic search function, either in separate window (ctrl+f), or somewhere in the interface;
  • edited history back and forth (ctrl+z/y);
  • some sort of background save function and possibility to save whole/certain thing just by ctrl+s;
  • and also some sort of bookmark, to continue from where you left the last time.
thanks for the input. i will work on them.
you can select a whole role by clicking it.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

released 1.2

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

New update 1.3. added auto translate and some logging.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

quick fixup.
1.3.1 - Do not auto translate a line if a translation already exist for last context of that line.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Could you make a similar one for Wolf RPG Maker?

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could you make a similar one for Wolf RPG Maker?
if there is an existing script extractor, then yes I can. this uses RPGMaker Trans generated files, and i dont have the experience or skill to create a script extractor from scratch. the editor does not do much on its own other than edit.

edit- found this, github.com/elizagamedev/wolftrans . it follows rpgmaker trans format, so supporting it is easy.

Last edited:
OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

new update. added single file auto translation, and patch states.
Patch state features include transferable cache, and UndoRedo.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i found an error in the way I implement the protocol, will have to fix it. you may need to do all conversation translations and most multiline translations again,

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is it possible for you to implement line break?
A field next to the line that shows how many characters are there in a row would be also nice and would allow to quickly know when to break line.
Depending on the game, the amount of text that can fit in one row is always a fixed number of characters. In the game I'm translating that number is 50.
In notepad++ I can always see how many characters I got in one row, in your program I can't.

It would be nice if you could capture the name of the character.
Quite a lot of games have the dialog like this:

\\name[ヘイトス]
「言い訳をするのか?」

As your program works now, it's not possible to translate the name above the line.
Either I'm missing something or this hasn't been implemented yet.
It would be even better if you could somehow make it so you only translate this once and the program inputs in every line automatically.

Also, the program doesn't capture the lines I already translated correctly.

\\name[Heitosu]
「Then go and face the wall.
I'll need to punish you.」

It only captures the last row " I'll need to punish you.」"

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
kR1pt0n1t3 I think that's what emmaus said in his previous post - there's a bug with multiline translations.

Also be careful with the FWF assumption - it's only valid when you stick with Ume Sans as the font, and there's good reasons to swap to a different font, even if it's more of a pain with respect to laying out the text (although hoping to be able to solve this problem soon).

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is it possible for you to implement line break?
A field next to the line that shows how many characters are there in a row would be also nice and would allow to quickly know when to break line.
Depending on the game, the amount of text that can fit in one row is always a fixed number of characters. In the game I'm translating that number is 50.
In notepad++ I can always see how many characters I got in one row, in your program I can't.

It would be nice if you could capture the name of the character.
Quite a lot of games have the dialog like this:

\\name[ヘイトス]
「言い訳をするのか?」

As your program works now, it's not possible to translate the name above the line.
Either I'm missing something or this hasn't been implemented yet.
It would be even better if you could somehow make it so you only translate this once and the program inputs in every line automatically.

Also, the program doesn't capture the lines I already translated correctly.

\\name[Heitosu]
「Then go and face the wall.
I'll need to punish you.」

It only captures the last row " I'll need to punish you.」"
i am gonna advise not doing anything until the next release, as there were some wrong assumptions i made with the protocol. next release will fix them. i will also add an option to limit a line to an average number of charactors, without breaking the word. you would have to redo the translations.

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Most Maker games works perfectly fine with word wrappers. You can put a whole line into one row, or break it into smaller lines at random palaces in multiple rows, etc.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Fixed the multiline issue, and also add options to limit characters and lines. the limits do not force format the lines, but only notify if a context has exceeded it.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nice, it's working pretty sweet. Thanks for all the work.

Is it possible to implement a function so you only have to translate lines with \\name[ヘイトス] only once?

Maybe automatically copy

\\name[兵士右]
「ふぅー、俺はまだ大丈夫だ。」

inside translated field and then have function find&replace in all files.

For example: find in translated field \\name[兵士右] and replace with \\name[Soldier(Right)] and then the line would look like

\\name[Soldier(Right)]
「ふぅー、俺はまだ大丈夫だ。」

There's probably a much better way to go around this but I'm just trying to describe what I think would be good.
This way you could translate all the names very easily without having to edit name in every single line.

EDIT:
---------------------------------------
The character count doesn't work as I imagined it to work. I think you might have misunderstood me.

\\name[Soldier] <-15 characters
「I couldn't tell it earlier in front of everyone, <-49 characters
but I'm always coming prematurely... <-37 characters
Could you help me?」 <-20 characters

With the row characters count set to 50, this line should be fine because none of the rows inside this line exceeds 50 characters.

Please note in no way I'm trying to make you to implement this or whatsoever.
You probably have the vision of how you want the program to work and what functions you want to implement.

OP
E

emmaus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nice, it's working pretty sweet. Thanks for all the work.

Is it possible to implement a function so you only have to translate lines with \\name[ヘイトス] only once?

Maybe automatically copy

\\name[兵士右]
「ふぅー、俺はまだ大丈夫だ。」

inside translated field and then have function find&replace in all files.

For example: find in translated field \\name[兵士右] and replace with \\name[Soldier(Right)] and then the line would look like

\\name[Soldier(Right)]
「ふぅー、俺はまだ大丈夫だ。」

There's probably a much better way to go around this but I'm just trying to describe what I think would be good.
This way you could translate all the names very easily without having to edit name in every single line.

EDIT:
---------------------------------------
The character count doesn't work as I imagined it to work. I think you might have misunderstood me.

\\name[Soldier] <-15 characters
「I couldn't tell it earlier in front of everyone, <-49 characters
but I'm always coming prematurely... <-37 characters
Could you help me?」 <-20 characters

With the row characters count set to 50, this line should be fine because none of the rows inside this line exceeds 50 characters.

Please note in no way I'm trying to make you to implement this or whatsoever.
You probably have the vision of how you want the program to work and what functions you want to implement.
the extra character is the line break character, ie \r\n or \r. I always add it so that the grid will format the text properly.
i think the \\name[] variable is something the game devs decide to use or not. I am currently translating a vx ace game, and i have not encountered it in the game. chances are that it is not a built in function, but something used by a script. check to see if modifying the actors name in rpgmaker causes all referenced names to be changed.