X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anurabis View Post
    While I can not stop you from bashing on people
    You do see the irony in your statement, right? Unabashedly calling someone a liar - or a serial liar as is implied in this case - is also bashing.

My only issue with y3 is that he seems to more or less advocate bashing of other translators in places they can't defend themselves. I know I'm by no means perfect. I won't even try to tell anyone I am. I just take the time to make sure what I have done works and flows properly.
    He could have let it go and just accept it as an option for others, but no - he chose to attack in the most cowardly way possible.

I have nothing against you, though. That seemed more like a ragepost than anything else.
    Here endeth this post.
    Current: Lily Akos, Knight of Flame. Translation Thread
    Progress: 161/319 files
    Next Update: Dunno.

On hold:
    (Happy Strawberry) Exorcism Record of Yurika Academy Thanks to nnescio
    (Baroqupid) Vibration! (V1.131) Patch Ver1.1

Completed:
    TWA 1.10 V1: Done!
    (Technobrake) Hero Level 1 V1: Done!

Comment

Truth be told, I was never a fan of yugi's partials. He always rushed partials just so he is first to release it and take the "glory".
      I don't think he never did partials because he liked doing it but because of the "fame" and "praise" he got for them.

As soon as a game came out he would make a thread and announce he was working on a partial.
      To him, this meant that no one else could to do a partial for this game.

Due to this, his partials were always half-assed and bad(IMO). He also refuses to use RPG Trans program which is by far the best program there is for translating games. Not only does it allow you to merge different translations that have same string, lowering the work you need to do, it also provides with a way to apply the translation to a newer version with just a click. Not to mention is lowers a number of bugs you could get from copy/pasting everything for every version. Rpg Trans isn't perfect but with some workarounds for some of the problems it has, it's absolutely amazing.

I remember when I started playing one game and made my own partial for it. Ofc being as I am, I uploaded it to the forum just in case someone else wanted it.
      There was already a thread about it and the guy(I think it was Rrezz) that was doing it was mad about me doing the translation for the game because he already announced that he was translating it. This never happened to me with yugi but I kinda get the impression just by reading some discussions that he would do the same thing.

My own policy always was and always be if you see something you don't like in translation, fix it yourself

When it comes to translation, I have some of my own preferences. If it's just a few things that I think are wrong, I usually just fix it for myself and don't share it.
      But if the whole partial is half-assed, I just usually made my own partial for it the way I like it and share it.

I think you should do whatever you want to do.
      You shouldn't care if someone is doing or already did a translation for some game.

If someone is being a stuck-up bitch about something, just block the person and move on.
      There is no point wasting energy on people like that.

I hope you change your mind about doing partial for this game.
      In my mind, you're ten times better person and translator than he is and I would always take your partial over his.

Wish you all the best.

Mega Repository
      https://goo.gl/2w0MVu
      Don't share the link on other threads as my account will get banned yet again.

Comment

kR1pt0n1t3 Three things. While putting someone onto an ignore list would mean I did not have to deal with them, it also means that there is another place where they can talk down my work without me being able to defend myself. So in my mind, it's not a particularly smart thing to do.

Second off, I quit this project because after finding out what Yugifan3 had been doing, it just wasn't fun any more.

Thirdly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but to the best of my knowledge Yugifan3 does not read this thread. Hence I would request that you do not talk down his work behind his back. If you have problems with the quality of his translations, please inform him directly. Even if this is basically what he did to me, there is no need to do it to him.
        Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation | Crystal Story Awakening Translation (no proper page yet)

ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

Comment

What are we three? First: Yugi wasn't bashing you 'in other forums' (Assuming you mean the translator discord). While you were talked about, it wasn't as bad as you make it out to be. Mostly about people not really caring for RPGtrans, and frustration at the slowness of some of your work. (To which, as I stated in the discord, translators don't owe other people anything.)

There's absolutely no reason to get so /butthurt/ about this, or any of the other drama you guys always get into. Do your partial because you enjoy it. No one gives a fuck if someone else is doing one. No one cares how good or bad it is. Just stop.

Some people Like Yugi's partials, some don't.
          Some like your partials, some don't.

Who gives a shit? Do what you do and stop being so concerned with what other people are saying. Ya'll act like a bunch of children for chrissakes.

Comment

YllariusCroceus You are entitled to your opinion. However, when Yugifan3 showed me what he had said in the Discord, he was blatantly talking down my work on RPGMaker Trans - I have no idea how you could come to any other conclusion. Further, he had gone out of his way to do so. Also he presented the results to me in a frankly rude manner. I won't speculate as to why he did this.

Further, please note that my previous post actually defended Yugifan3's work from kR1pt0n1t3's remark.
            Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation | Crystal Story Awakening Translation (no proper page yet)

ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

Comment

Originally posted by habisain View Post
              kR1pt0n1t3 but to the best of my knowledge Yugifan3 does not read this thread.
              Oh I'm sure one of his followers have told him about this or he came here himself, he just won't come and post in a thread that is exposing him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kR1pt0n1t3 View Post
                Rpg Trans isn't perfect but with some workarounds for some of the problems it has, it's absolutely amazing.
                Too bad this thing has retarded "expiration date", and every time you decide to use it and it runs out of time you either have to download a new versions, tinker with the system dates or edit version.pyc every time you finally download new version.

As for y3 issue, after whole fiasco with Lucia and after finding out that quite a lot of that, if not all, wasn't even translation but rewrite akin to LQ fanfic, I'm trying no to touch even his partials.
                Get translation scripts here

Comment

Originally posted by habisain View Post
                  As for Mods? I don't think the mods would care. Mods in the H-game section only intervene when there is a massive flaming argument or illegality. Most of Yugifan3's actions are not on ULMF, and I've backed down and I've explicitly stated I don't want to turn this into some argument because I'm just fed up of the entire thing. The H-game section does not have any real kind of community to protect; most of the people here only come to pirate games, not to discus stuff. The only reason why a mod might intervene is if I start sniping Yugifan3 (which I'm not ruling out; if he denigrates my work and my tools, then I think it's an entirely justified comeuppance if I use my tools to highlight the failures of his approach e.g. the amount of time he's taking, or the lack of spellcheck - although perhaps this is too petty).
                  I've received a report about this thread, and apparently Toxic has too. I don't know about Toxic, but what you said is exactly my stance on this. There is no real reason for us to intervene, as this is mostly between you two. However, I will be locking this thread, unless you feel you're going to restart your work at some point, to keep from this thread from spiralling out of control.

Edit: I would like to add that one of the parties has approached me and mentioned that the two have resolved their issues and there is no animosity between them. Any further discussion on this particular problem will not be tolerated.
                  Last edited by DarkFire1004; 6 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X