What's new

Wolf RPG Text Hooking and AGTH help?

JesusJuice

Reputation score
Hi, I bet this question has been asked dozens of times before. But the forum's search button and google have all failed me so far so I have no choice but to ask here. I managed to hook RPGMaker games with agth and translation aggregator. These tools have worked fine so far and I even found a handy patch to get RPGMAKER MV to work too. But wolf RPG games have refused to be text-hooked. Agth cant seem to get all the text from the game. From what I understand, ITH can be used to hook WolfRPG games, but I have no idea how to even get ITH to acknowledge the game that is running. Can someone give me a decent step-by-step process on how to get a text hooker to work on Wolf RPG and Translation Agreggator? Im open to other programs, but I am really here to only play the games, I wouldn't know how to program anything.

On another note, if someone could tell me how to Text Hook RJ169029 with AGTH that would be great. I know how to hook it, but battle screens have this endless spam of text that I do not know how to get rid of.

aizenmyoo

Lurker
Reputation score
I don't know how you would do it on ITH, but if you use AGTH there are some parameters you can use to make some wolf games work, depending of the version of Wolf RPG maker that was used to make them:

/HBN*0@454C6C (v1.31)
/HBN*0@46BA03 (v2.01)
/HBN*0@470CEA (v2.02)
/HBN*0@470D5A (v2.02a)
/HBN*0@493E75 (v2.10)

Use one of those parameters when running AGTH and see if one of the threads is hooking the text correctly.

If none of those work, the following may work instead:

Add the /x3 parameter when running agth. This will add a lot of new threads. One of those threads probably has the correct text, but it will most likely have repeating symbols, so either use the "Remove X repetitions of each symbol" option or add the /KSX parameter to AGTH, where X is the number of repetitions.

About the text spam, try setting the "Supress repetitions of frases, trace" option to 64x16. You can also add the /KF64:16 parameter to agth instead for the same effect.

That's all I know, good luck.

OP
J

JesusJuice

Reputation score
Yep, that seems to work for me. I had no idea how the parameter system worked, thanks a bunch!

ryu7432

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I need help with this issue as well. I've been running wolf rpg games with the following AGTH codes:

/R /c /x3 /kf64:16 /ks2

Recently (for the past several years), I've noticed that AGTH fails to capture the text properly in some of the latest wolf rpg games. I've yet to figure out a solution, so I've been actively avoiding wolf rpg games until a translation is made, which may never happen in most cases. The only threads AGTH finds that come close are two GetGlyphOutlineW threads that only captures the first appearance of every character since the start of the game's process. I've tried all of the /HBN codes posted above, but AGTH still returns the same two threads.

Since this behavior seems to happen most of the wolf rpg maker games I've been coming across recently, are there any global settings or files I need to check that could be the cause of the issue? I'm at a complete loss right now.

That_Dude79

Reputation score
ryu7432;n1738030 Since this behavior seems to happen most of the wolf rpg maker games I've been coming across recently said:
I've been having the same issue. I've searched everywhere, but can't seem to find a fix for it.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, given a recent game that I was interested in using WolfRPG 2.21, I've made an AGTH H-code for it: "/HBN-4*@4d2f5b /KF" for a "traditional everything in one hook". However, that's not ideal because the hook picks up a whole bunch of junk (there'll be lots of random junk characters); I'd recommend using "/HB-4*@4d2f5b /KF" instead which will give dialogue, choices and UI their own contexts (as well as the junk), and switching as appropriate.

However, please be aware that even using the second code and switching context will still introduce a lot of pauses into the game, because so much junk is generated in the other contexts - especially in the save/load screens. Seriously, I've had all kinds of weirdness from this, including the game window spontaneously resizing. As such, some recommendations:

1) Do not launch the game via AGTH; instead launch the game manually and attach AGTH to it with the /PNGame.exe option.
2) When you go to save/load your game, quit AGTH first, save/load, and then re-launch AGTH.

If you're following all my advice, you should launch the game and then to hook WolfRPG 2.21 games, launch the game normally and then run "agth.exe /c /Pngame.exe /HB-4*@4d2f5b /KF"

UPDATE:

Also note that you can make this code work on v2.20 games by getting the v2.21 Game.exe and replacing the v2.20 Game.exe.

Last edited:
Reputation score
I applied the second one
anyway it seems that no one has succeeded to hook the games of that circle ( )

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I applied the second one
anyway it seems that no one has succeeded to hook the games of that circle ( )
OK, I had a quick look, and it's not the fault of my H-code. Those games are most certainly not made with WolfRPG; note the distinct lack of .wolf files. I have no idea what they're made with - possibly some kind of custom engine (the executable file name hact.exe seems to suggest it's an engine repurposed from an action game). In any case, given that it's not WolfRPG, this thread on WolfRPG isn't the right place to discus them.

Reputation score
so i was wrong
those games aren't wolf rpg
anyway i know now that it's not the right place to discus them
but if you find a way to hook them tell us please because there are many who want to play those games

wym572

Lurker
Reputation score
So, given a recent game that I was interested in using WolfRPG 2.20, I've made an AGTH H-code for it: "/HBN-4*@4d2f5b /KF" for a "traditional everything in one hook". However, that's not ideal because the hook picks up a whole bunch of junk (there'll be lots of random junk characters); I'd recommend using "/HB-4*@4d2f5b /KF" instead which will give dialogue, choices and UI their own contexts (as well as the junk), and switching as appropriate.

However, please be aware that even using the second code and switching context will still introduce a lot of pauses into the game, because so much junk is generated in the other contexts - especially in the save/load screens. Seriously, I've had all kinds of weirdness from this, including the game window spontaneously resizing. As such, some recommendations:

1) Do not launch the game via AGTH; instead launch the game manually and attach AGTH to it with the /PNGame.exe option.
2) When you go to save/load your game, quit AGTH first, save/load, and then re-launch AGTH.

If you're following all my advice, you should launch the game and then to hook WolfRPG 2.20 games, launch the game normally and then run "agth.exe /c /Pngame.exe /HB-4*@4d2f5b /KF"
Hello, there.

I've tried your approach but I still failed to get the correct text.
Could you please check out this game?

The link is trial of the game Management, no matter how I tried, the text extracted still missed a lot.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hello, there.

I've tried your approach but I still failed to get the correct text.
Could you please check out this game?

The link is trial of the game Management, no matter how I tried, the text extracted still missed a lot.
Since posting that advice I've found out that I mage a slight mistake in my post (now corrected); my H-code is for WolfRPG v2.21, not v2.20. However, I have verified that you can grab the Game.exe from WolfRPG 2.21 and drop it in place of WolfRPG v2.20 and it all works.You can get the final exe either from the site, or from any game that uses it (e.g. trial of )

wym572

Lurker
Reputation score
Since posting that advice I've found out that I mage a slight mistake in my post (now corrected); my H-code is for WolfRPG v2.21, not v2.20. However, I have verified that you can grab the Game.exe from WolfRPG 2.21 and drop it in place of WolfRPG v2.20 and it all works.You can get the final exe either from the site, or from any game that uses it (e.g. trial of )
Thanks, it works.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
This is very helpful. Thank you!

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm sorry if I necroing but when I tried this out, I ended up getting 'Can't connect to server' error. Any idea what that entails?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm sorry if I necroing but when I tried this out, I ended up getting 'Can't connect to server' error. Any idea what that entails?
Both the links work for me, so... try a different internet connection or something? Or try again later? It's obviously some kind of networking issue, but I couldn't say what the problem is.

proxicide25

Reputation score
Someone knows the H-code of how to hook the game: [RPG] [Galaxy Wars] Demonic Nation Florehades ~Get Married with Women in the Demonic Realm!~?

Link:

Much obliged, normal Text Hookers can't work =.=

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Someone knows the H-code of how to hook the game: [RPG] [Galaxy Wars] Demonic Nation Florehades ~Get Married with Women in the Demonic Realm!~?

Link:

Much obliged, normal Text Hookers can't work =.=
I'm away from any kind of Windows machine to test this, but it looks like that game uses a very early version of WolfRPG. That means specific H-codes are probably unnecessary, and you *should* be able to hook it using "/x3 /v" and then figuring out the parameters for repetition of phrases (probably default) and repetition of characters (varies per game) in AGTH's config. I'm not aware if other text hookers provide equivalent functions to "/x3 /v", so use AGTH.

michael6795

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey friends, having trouble hooking acerola game:

Also confused on how to run AGTH via command line without using the shortcut generator.

tips?