What's new

[WIP - Full] Defiler Wings - 1.4.1 - Machine Translation+

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Game thread here (including some pictures): https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai...-defiler-wings

1.4.1 already including machine translation here:
-- mega.nz/||||#!skBRyYxQ!wZBYYNGYjBW||||keJodtOVpdBPGIlgZSE6xxtdIxFhHFnU
(I don't know if mega has a bot takes down all links from this site even if they do link to free games, but just in case, I don't want to mess with a file someone else uploaded)

Human-translation upgrade (progress at bottom): Updated 30/12/2017:
--

Translation upgrade instructions:
Download, unpack, then drag the "game" and "renpy" folders into the main game directory, and select to overwrite contents of same name.
- Overwrite the 1.4.1 version! Translation is not compatible with the 1.0 version, English or no.
- Translation upgrades are likely not save-game compatible because this game coded funny; if you get errors on launch, try temporarily removing the contents of the "save" directory.

(Description mostly copied from originating thread, underlined updated for *some* of the stuff in 1.4.1 vs 1.0.1)

Preamble: So, this is another game from Old Huntsman that is only partially available in English. For those, who expect this game to be similar to Jack - don't get your hopes up. Game is not bad, but (IMO) is far behind previous one in terms of gameplay (no wonder though, as main purpose of making it was getting acquainted with RenPy, as far as I know).

Description:
Long story short this game places you in the body of dragon with a purpose of bringing chaos to the lands and stuff (it's kinda similar in concept to Hoard game, if anyone heard of it, but with H content).
The game spans through several generations of dragons, starting with small serpent and gaining strength on and on. Each generation you may choose 1 out of 3 dragons, each with its own abilities (grow in size, get wings, get fire breath, improve claws, etc.) These abilities are cumulative, so 2nd generation dragon will have 2 abilities, 7th - 7.

Each generation you're given a certain quest and time limit to complete it as well as the framework for future quests that span cross-generations. If you don't manage to complete the quest, you are able to retry with another dragon of the same generation (which means if you fail 3 times in a row - that's game over for you). If you succeeded, you get to breed with Mistress and proceed to next generation.
Basically, what gameplay will consist of is going to different places on the world map and triggering various events.

There are quite a few events, each differing in difficulty and type - from pillaging a village to assaulting a fortress to create your own lair there. You'll also be able to capture girls and violate them to have your offspring (which will then join the army of darkness) and this process has been greatly expanded upon through 1.4.1.

Mechanics:
There are several visible stats (shown in interface) and a bunch of them are hidden (not relying on numbers but using words to describe your state, which is awesome!). Regarding stats - there are three orbs under the portrait: energy, infamy and magic power appropriately. Each action takes energy and after running out of energy you go into the slumber for 1 year (meaning you have about 15 turns if time limit is 5 years). Infamy... well, infamy. Knights might start hunting you and thieves will look for your lair to steal your treasures. Magic power is needed to cast spells, duh.
After that you have hunger, lust, patience and health. Hunger limits how many times you can eat to restore lust, lust limits H events per year and types of events, patience influences your ability to make choices. Typically before engaging in combat you're given choice to flee or attack; if you have low patience you may just end up attacking anyway, regardless; patience is decreased each time you do something non-aggressive.
Also, after finishing campaign, a free mode will open where you can increase the number of starting mutations and (I believe) continue growing indefinitely.

Overall:
Game idea is fresh, and it is kind of similar to the visual novel, but with a lot of options to choose from and actions to take, and even more in 1.4.1.

Regarding Translating:
Version 1.0.1 already has a full English translation ( ), but the game has since been updated by a Russian modder (site: ) to 1.4.1, significantly overhauling numerous aspects. Unfortunately, this did not carry over the translation, which remains in a machine-translated form. This not only misses certain things, but also is less than ideal for a text-based visual novel-ish style game (not to mention it wasn't posted here on ULMF, so you had to go and do the machine translation yourself like a chump. No, I'm not salty I found that the machine translation was already posted online right after finally figuring out how to do the translation myself, what're you talking about? >.>)

Thankfully, for better or worse the text is available for easy access through the base .py files. So, I went through and started the slow process of smoothing it over, and figuring out from the code just what the text is trying to say so that you don't have to end up guessing blindly because of vague or nonsensical text. I didn't get very far yet, but it's a work in progress; I don't expect I'll actually finish the whole thing since it's quite long, but it's not terribly difficult to do, so people are welcome to help (or continue after I invariably don't finish).

Things done so far (30/12/2017):
  1. Spells, buffs, and what should be all of their names and descriptions
  2. Witch quest up through Advisors
  3. Marshal dialog and full following tree
  4. All of the Queen scenes and followup Marianna dialog
  5. Handful of other smoothened events here and there
  6. Incorporated cmacleod42's knight and interaction fixes
    1. Overall less than I would like for an update, but was busy + completely rewriting a story as you figure out what it's supposed to be is much slower than copying over code and text from already-translated sections.
  7. Done in previous updates:
  1. Main menu and settings
  2. Lair menus
  3. A few event scenes stored in odd locations
  4. A couple combat scenes (~5%)
  5. Map mouseovers and most of the year-rollover text
  6. A handful of instances of Russian text that didn't get caught in the machine translation
  7. All of the Dragon upgrades and descriptions
  8. Descriptions of thief and knight gear, names, etc
  9. All thief stealing attempts
  10. Names of special locations and lairs fixed. Though funny, all instances of "farting" coins fixed to "farthing" coinage. Unfortunately, I do believe this also breaks saved games; this coding, man...
  11. All Mistress quests, Dark Army descriptions, and reward scenes
  12. Achievement names and descriptions for how to unlock
  13. Support for multiple mutations per generation in story mode: See post #7 for details

Breakdown of files:
Code:
game
    archimonde_screen REMAINS-FIND: look to X ally, hovered rape_toolip (context)
    bg OK
    fight REMAINS-FIND: alter of demon-worshippers (context)
    interactions FIND: Magic reduction/growth, 
    map REMAINS-FIND: battle_map and similar; "to try to cope with Dagon", etc
    options OK
    screens DONE
    script OK
    script_version OK
    sex_image_db OK
    sex_screens TODO
    splashscreen OK
    style OK
    texts REMAINS: Prophecies(?), descriptions of devastation from spawned roaming monsters
    - img DONE
        - menu DONE
            gmenu DONE 
            mmenu DONE
    - labels
        achievement_acquired DONE
        choose_dragon DONE
        dragon_creator FIND: Free-play mode, see where stuff goes in dragon creation
        endgame OK
        missed OK
        nothing_places FIND: Alva magic ritual? Maybe context for enc_alv; else done
        special_places NOTHING DONE YET
        talk NOTHING DONE YET
        test_main PROBABLY OK: Mostly debug stuff in here
        - events LOTS OF STUFF TO DO IN THESE FILES
            game REMAINS: Rebel Witch event, FIND moving lair or guard effects?
            girl TODO
            hope TODO
            knight TODO
            love TODO
            rape TODO (This is 2.5k lines of nightmare if/else conditions, ack)
            thief TODO
        - locations TODO
            city IN PROGRESS
            forest TODO
            gremlin TODO
            lair REMAINS: Archimonde visit or something; gotta figure out the witch questline first
            missed OK
            mordor REMAINS: War against free folk, text dependent on Witch questline
            mountain TODO
            plains TODO
            plains_fear TODO
            road TODO
            ruin IN PROGRESS
            sea TODO
            sky TODO
            smuggler TODO
    - pythoncode NOTE: "MAYBE" means it's probably OK, but may still have to change text strings if stuff found in testing
        _init_ OK
        battle MAYBE
        chronik MAYBE: Chronicle stuff, might be free-play??
        data REMAINS: Only girl reflection blurbs, "Last Enemies", a couple achievements referring to endgame
        focus_mask OK
        game TODO
        girls TODO (big!)
        girls_data TODO (big!)
        historical OK
        lair OK
        love OK
        mob_data STARTED: FIND: Architot projection(?), 
        points OK
        rape OK (I mean, it's not, but... sigh. File shouldn't need any more work)
        shims OK
        summon FIND: Architet stuff. Mana angels and tians and golems what??
        summon_data FIND: See above
        treasures TODO (lots work, little return; do later)
        utils OK
        - characters DONE
            _init_ OK
            dragon DONE: May need one or two tweaks, as multi-mutation added in as random chance
            enemy OK
            fighter OK
            girl DONE
            knight DONE: May need updates for better formatting though
            mortal OK
            romeo OK
            talker OK
            thief DONE: May need updates for better formatting though
    - screens DONE (Only real change is in sc_dialog, to get text to line up a little better)
        sc_avatar OK
        sc_container_editor OK
        sc_dialog
        sc_disclaimer OK
        sc_equip_editor OK
        sc_intro OK 
        sc_list_editor OK
        sc_treasury_gems OK
renpy DONE
    - common DONE
        00layout DONE
        - _compat DONE
            gamemenu DONE

I would also like to point out I am liable to break something when updating, so if you happen to get python callback errors or something, please let me know so that I can fix it; the source code of this game is, ah, labyrinthine.

Last edited:

redvision

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Getting this error when i try and run the game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/labels/location/mordor.rpy", line 26, in script
    menu:
  File "game/labels/location/mordor.rpy", line 52, in <module>
    'An audience with the mistress' if game.mistress_alive: # if not freeplay:
AttributeError: 'Game' object has no attribute 'mistress_alive'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/labels/location/mordor.rpy", line 26, in script
    menu:
  File "C:\Driver\RPG\DefilerWings-1.4.1-all\renpy\ast.py", line 1443, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "C:\Driver\RPG\DefilerWings-1.4.1-all\renpy\exports.py", line 729, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "C:\Driver\RPG\DefilerWings-1.4.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 1489, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Driver\RPG\DefilerWings-1.4.1-all\renpy\python.py", line 1484, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/labels/location/mordor.rpy", line 52, in <module>
    'An audience with the mistress' if game.mistress_alive: # if not freeplay:
AttributeError: 'Game' object has no attribute 'mistress_alive'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.7.858
Defiler Wings 1.4.1

OP
TheGraySpy

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Getting this error when i try and run the game.
[Snip]
Just tried a fresh install of both game and the currently uploaded version of the translation fixes, and I'm neither getting that error on launch nor when talking with the Mistress. It looks like you might be using a slightly different version or something; did you download 1.4.1 from the link I provided or elsewhere?

EDIT: This might also be because of it trying to load an old save-file; if you're still having issues, try temporarily removing all the contents of the "save" directory and launching again.

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Thank you for this translation update. I was starting to look at working on a similar update, using the original english release and the machine translation as well. I got side tracked/delayed and had done little more than update some of the graphics from the english release and fix some menu options.

While the 1.4.1 version I have should be the same, to be safe I am downloading the one you have linked to check out.

Thanks again

EDIT:
Just did a quick check, I notice some of the translations for places when you mouse over, like
'Shelter Smugglers'
'Land Lady'
'Lived in Place'
'Trading Path'
are awkward

So in the english version of game/map.rpy it has
Code:
       map_data = [
            ("sea", "Sea"),
            ("mordor", "Land of Darkness"),
            ("sky", "Sky"),
            ("forest", "Forest"),
            ("smuggler", "Smugglers\' Den"),
            ("mountain", "Mountains"),
            ("road", "Trade Route"),
            ("ruin", "Old Ruins"),
            ("gremlin", "Gremlins Village"),
            ("city", "Capital"),
            ("plains", "Rural Area")
        ]
A lot of these translations can be easily copied from the original english version, with simple care that things have not changed, and just replacing the bits of text in question, not the entire files

Last edited:
OP
TheGraySpy

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
A lot of these translations can be easily copied from the original english version, with simple care that things have not changed, and just replacing the bits of text in question, not the entire files
Yup, that's what I'm doing! That being said, there's a number of places where the 1.0.1 and 1.4.1 have annoyingly subtle differences such that you can't always carry over big chunks without reading carefully to see if any variables or structural changes have occurred, not to mention the brand-new things for which there is no better translation already /:

Also, updating the translation files in original post now.

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Reputation score
Thanks for the update, I appreciate the change for the places and the Lair

OP
TheGraySpy

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Update; bumping because in this one I added support for multiple mutations per dragon in story mode. By default this game is only "hard" because in order to win safely you have to grind a bit before the final encounter. By default, I made it so that any given dragon in a generation has a 1 in 8 chance of having 2 upgrades instead of 1; as there are 3 dragons in each generation, you'll have about a 33% chance (1 - (7/8)^3) of seeing at least one doubly-blessed dragon in any generation. This also makes it a little interesting because you might have a dragon with 2 upgrades that isn't as useful as a dragon with just one good upgrade, so you might have to decide whether you want a slightly tougher game early for easier later (no wings initially but more upgrades overall), or easier now for no difference later.

This can be easily edited through the game files; in game\pythoncode\characters\dragon.py, editable with any text editor, there are two important commented lines. The first (line 70) by default reads "if random.choice(range(8)) == 0:", which controls the chance of a second gift; range(1) makes 1 in 1 chance, range(4) would be 1 in 4, etc. If you want no changes from vanilla, make the line end in " == -1"

There's a second line (78; "if random.choice(range(1)) == -1:") for people who want to go crazy and have 3 per generation; by default it's turned off, though uses the same rules as above.

I'm pretty sure it plays nice with free play mode, but haven't tested it thoroughly there yet.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure save games will not work across most translation patches as the game stores all sorts of things in the save files (amusingly, I think it's the change of "farting" coins to "farthing" coins that breaks it this time). As always, if you get any callback errors or come across any actual Russian text, let me know, because it means I possibly done goofed!

cmacleod42

Reputation score
Thanks for the update, I can confirm the multiple abilities is working fine. I am seeing on average 1 of the 3 choices with more than one ability. Not always, but that is perfectly fine.

A request, the initial meeting with the Witch is a bit rough, I assume still mostly machine translated. The dialogues when you take on the first mission and then especially when you visit the Palace are quite rough. Please can this be looked at as it is something that will be seen near the start of most peoples play of the game.

PS
I can help with some of this if needed, I can edit and send you changed files if you are working in other areas by preference. Feel free to PM me (or post here) as you like

OP
TheGraySpy

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yup, makes sense to focus on ruin.rpy and city.rpy next as they contain the start of the witches' questline, but as it does tend to expand over a bunch of different locations it's probably best if one person focuses on them, at least for the time being? Less likely for two people to overlap work accidentally.

If you (or anyone else) wants to help, knight.rpy is a good place to start, as it's mostly self-contained and is encountered relatively frequently. Alternatively, if you feel like diving in, sex_screens.rpy, girls.py, and girls_data.py, all corresponding to the H scenes, need a ton of work

Toward that end, here's the most recent files which may contain a few tiny updates; just to make sure nothing's lost, work from this version:

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Reputation score
If you (or anyone else) wants to help, knight.rpy is a good place to start, as it's mostly self-contained and is encountered relatively frequently. Alternatively, if you feel like diving in, sex_screens.rpy, girls.py, and girls_data.py, all corresponding to the H scenes, need a ton of work
I will have a look at knight.rpy and depending on time some of the others

cmacleod42

Reputation score
I will have a look at knight.rpy and depending on time some of the others
STange, editing my last posts seemed to not work.

Just a note, working on the knight.rpy file in game\labels\events, it has a lot of text and will take a while for me to get though it, several days at least.

I have also done some small edits to
game/interactions.rpy
for some of the options when dealing with your prisoners. If anyone else is working on this file I will abandon my changes, otherwise I will look at changes here as a break from knightly stuff.

cmacleod42

Reputation score
Here is a first pass for the files
game/interactions.rpy
game/labels/events/knight.rpy

This handles many of the events for the Knight and some general dialogues with captives

OP
TheGraySpy

TheGraySpy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Update bump. Not too much done, but meh, progress is progress.

cmacleod42

Reputation score
Thanks for the update and including my changes. I have not been working recently on any more updates, but I will resume in a week or so. If you have any preferences where to work on let me know, otherwise I post the area/files as I do

EDIT:
I will unless otherwise asked work on the file
game/labels/special_places.rpy
as I just checked the new translation and hit one of the events there and noted the text there. Probably also nothing_places.rpy as well

Last edited:

Bloo

Reputation score
Hopefully this thread ain't dead. Would love to see this game fully translated by a human.

Cheers.

Nek0mancer

Reputation score
If someone wants to try to make translation i, as native russian, can help with that.
(Not like i can do it alone, my english writing skillz is terrible)

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Before I bother with this. Can anyone confirm if there is good amount of additional content? New art/scenes or anything or just gameplay tweaks?